Pages:
Author

Topic: crypto-games.net, 30% house edge, bugs and vulnerabilities, screw the investors! - page 6. (Read 12939 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
:)
Here's the video.  This marks ~25,000 consecutive rolls without a win.  This means in 25,000 rolls, a 1/200 chance -- any number over >99.945.

http://youtu.be/q5ofHQNKtI8

At this point, I don't really care about a refund.

Simply, I'll just be starting a scam accusation and warn all others here that even if this is the result of an infinitely low occurring event, there are way too many problems with the script and edge and is ran by unmotivated and stubborn owners. 

Do NOT play Here!
God fucking damn doge. That is insane. I really dont think this is possible if its fair. Sucks that you lost money on this but holy shit thats either INCREDIBLEy bad luck or rigged/skipping nonces.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Here's the video.  This marks ~25,000 consecutive rolls without a win.  This means in 25,000 rolls, a 1/200 chance -- any number over >99.945.

http://youtu.be/q5ofHQNKtI8

At this point, I don't really care about a refund.

Simply, I'll just be starting a scam accusation and warn all others here that even if this is the result of an infinitely low occurring event, there are way too many problems with the script and edge and is ran by unmotivated and stubborn owners. 

Do NOT play Here!
I can't believe that this admin won't pay just 1.5 BTC for these serious bugs
32% edge is really serious , if players know this method they will get more than hufflepuff
I'm really curious to know what is this site , cause if the admin keep refusing to make the deal then I think he doesn't care about his site
and maybe he will scam at any moment
I will keep following the news here
You are an incredibly stupid signature spammer.

It's so obvious and it has become an epidemic. Report them and hope for permabans
I feel like following the list of major offenders around and reporting them. Would be funny seeing if i could get a few banned (Sy,panjul) Only the ones who seem to have the intelligence of rocks though. There are some who i know only post for signatures but they can least form coherent sentences.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
32% edge is really serious , if players know this method they will get more than hufflepuff
I'm really curious to know what is this site , cause if the admin keep refusing to make the deal then I think he doesn't care about his site

It's so obvious and it has become an epidemic. Report them and hope for permabans
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
ive already offered just 1 BTC to give the details of the bug allowing for +EV bets, and another .5 BTC for a more serious bug found by dooglus.

I think the issue I found would go away as soon as they fixed the bug that you found to be honest. They're pretty related.

I've been most of the day so haven't been able to keep up with this thread. I'll edit this with replies to later posts as I read them.

now that you mention it, i see how the second one would be fixed if a proper fix for the first one was to be implemented. right now, the hotfix joter85 has decided to implement is to simply add another decimal place to the roll value, but the rounding error still exists here, just on a smaller scale.

No idea why joter hasn't just closed the site to fix these issues and then reopen after making sure everything is properly secured.
Because he's stupid. Either that or he is trying to extort money out of the site. Anyones guess at this point why he refuses to make a proper fix or take the site down considering he is risking others money.

I think ive already suggested a proper fix for this earlier in the thread; make the multiplier based off of the winning chance: multiplier = 0.992/(win chance)
right now, the win chance being dependent on the multiplier is causing the rounding issues.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804
guess who's back
ive already offered just 1 BTC to give the details of the bug allowing for +EV bets, and another .5 BTC for a more serious bug found by dooglus.

I think the issue I found would go away as soon as they fixed the bug that you found to be honest. They're pretty related.

I've been most of the day so haven't been able to keep up with this thread. I'll edit this with replies to later posts as I read them.

now that you mention it, i see how the second one would be fixed if a proper fix for the first one was to be implemented. right now, the hotfix joter85 has decided to implement is to simply add another decimal place to the roll value, but the rounding error still exists here, just on a smaller scale.

No idea why joter hasn't just closed the site to fix these issues and then reopen after making sure everything is properly secured.
Because he's stupid. Either that or he is trying to extort money out of the site. Anyones guess at this point why he refuses to make a proper fix or take the site down considering he is risking others money.
legendary

three possibilities:

1) he's asleep
2) based on the stubbornness displayed earlier in the thread (simulator, "i dont like math") he might be taking stubbornness to a new level when there is clearly an exploit being abused at this very moment
3) the site has gone full scam and the admin/dev is waiting for the right time.
legendary
Activity: 1120

legendary

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

I've been offline most of the day so haven't been able to keep up with this thread. I'll edit this with replies to later posts as I read them.

We are pretty confident in our code. We log many different hack attempts every day.

Exploit it please, and earn 1 btc. When you do we are willing to pay you 1.5btc extra to tell us about it. We are tired of this lame scam attempts. We get mails of exploits weekly, but no one proved or steal anything. Only reason why we offered you any amount is because you have others users backing you up.

I told you that I verified that he is able to get a 30% edge over the house.

Do you think I'm lying to try to scam 1.5 BTC out of you? Really?

Lol. Foolish remark on Crypto-Games' side. A bug or an exploit shouldn't be taken lightly, especially when it involves money.

Not only that, but it's other people's money they're risking here. They take 'investments'. I wonder if they have any idea who came up with that idea...  Roll Eyes

ill consider that as an invitation for me and dooglus, we'll start when hes awake.

I don't think I will. The site has the old-fashioned kind of provable fairness where they change the server seed every roll, and so you need to do an awful lot of work to verify the fairness. You would need to note the server seed hash before every roll, change the client seed unpredictably before every roll, then verify that the revealed server seed really hashes to the provided hash and that the two seeds together give the correct roll. Every roll. It's just too much work to expect anyone to do.

No modern dice site uses this kind of provable fairness any more. Even Prime Dice finally switched to using the static server seed + nonce method that Just-Dice pioneered about a year ago after many requests from players.

heres how bad it is, credit goes to dooglus for compiling this:

multiplier, win chance, edge

6613x  0.02% 32.26%
3968x  0.03% 19.04%
2834x  0.04% 13.36%

I have ran simulation for this cases, and don't see any issue with it.... Am I missing something....

Yes! Players expect to win the 0.03% bet once in 3000 rolls. When they do, they are paid 3968 units. If you have a greater than 1/3968 chance of winning 3968 units, that's +EV. In this case it's a 19.04% edge for the player.

It beggars belief you don't recognise the problem even after having it spelled out to you.

As I said this is issue I can't reproduce in my simulator, I won't bother doing math as we have already did. Now we run only simulations....

Is there a grown-up anywhere near you? Maybe get them to help you. For fuck sake man, this is insane.

Or you know, just use fucking maths. Hint: It's two multiplications and one addition. Sum of the probabilities by its respective profit, which gives you the players EV. If it doesn't equal -0.01 you're got the wrong payouts.

Taking the most extremely wrong one:

0.02% chance of 6613x

That's a 0.0002 chance of a profit of 6612, and a (1-0.0002) chance of a profit of -1

Or:  0.0002 * 6612 + (1-0.002)*-1 = 0.3244

...a players advantage of 32.44%

Your math is a little wrong, and overly complicated. The player's edge is 32.26%, not 32.44%:

heres how bad it is, credit goes to dooglus for compiling this:

multiplier, win chance, edge

6613x  0.02% 32.26%

You used 0.002 when you should have used 0.0002:

>>> 0.0002 * 6612 + (1-0.0002)*-1

But it's easier just to calculate the payout. It's 0 when the player loses, and 6613 when they win, so return to player per 100 bet is:

>>> 6613 * 0.02

ie. a 32.26% edge.

You are wrong somewhere as I have entered exact parameters in simulator and result after 10 mil is 0 btc.

Has it occurred to you that it is possible that you might be wrong? The alternative is that everybody else is wrong, since they all seem to be telling you the same thing.

For this 32% issue or whatever it is impossible to reproduce, so you are wrong at some point, not sure where.

Since you don't seem to believe in math, I wrote a simple simulation of the 3968x at 0.03% bet:

You are the worst sort of idiot. You can't compute basic probability, yet are arrogant. I was wrong in thinking that no one could exploit your site, as you'd wonder why they were betting thousands of bets at a high multiplier, but apparently even when you are told the bug you are too daft to comprehend it. He probably could've bled your bankroll dry and you wouldn't never realized.

When subSTRATA came to me with this and I confirmed it was a real issue, he asked for my advice on how to proceed. I told him I have had mostly bad experiences with bug bounties. Most site operators will stiff you on the bounty if they think they can get away with it. We had a discussion about the morality of making the +EV bets just enough to earn what the feel the bounty is worth, and then reporting it "for free". subSTRATA was very much of the opinion that that would be wrong, and that he would just approach the site directly. I think he assumed that they take his message seriously since I was vouching for the fact that it was real. I think we were both shocked by the arrogance of their response.

Look you idiot, tell me all parameters that he used and I will check.

But if you bet on payout 3968
And roll under 0.3

You don't make any profit at all in 100 million bets. But if I am missing a parameter that you didn't tell me then it's a different story.

You missed a zero. It's 0.03% at 3968x. At 0.3% the profit should be huge, since that's an edge of 0.3 * 3968 - 100 = 1090.4% for the player.

I even gave him a clear mathematical working to only be called an idiot in kind.

You called me idiot first.  And yeah, I will miss you very much.

That's different. He called you an idiot because you were being an idiot.

You called him an idiot because you were butthurt.

And thanks for negative feedback whoever gave it to me. Kiddie.

I wouldnt call quickseller of all people a "kiddie...."

Maybe he is a man that can't read then? All issues in this thread were fixed.

I think the biggest issue in this thread is the horrible way you dealt with the whole situation. I can't imagine how you could have been any less professional. I don't have any reason to believe that you will react any differently to future bug reports. Do you?

And I hate red color. I hate math too, but can still code. F***.

You should stop coding. If you don't understand the math underlying the algorithms that you are coding you end up with horrible errors like we have seen here. You are lucky that subSTRATA took the approach he did rather than slowly bleeding your bankroll dry. It seems like there is very little chance you would have ever found out how it was happening considering how hard it was to pound the understanding into you in this thread.

I did about 10,000 rolls at .0002BTC, stopping occasionally.  The first 5,000 rolls were hit or miss.  The next 5,000 rolls I didn't win any to the point where I needed to cut my bet size down in half.  Once I started betting .0001BTC, I never won a single wager.

I had a similar experience yesterday. I had horrible losing streaks, but put it down to variance. I didn't keep logs at all, and didn't have any kind of seed logging in place either.

The site claims to be provably fair, but for all intents and purposes the amount of work the player needs to put in to verify the fairness means it may as well not be.

They should change to use a system like Just-Dice uses, where the player can make a million rolls at <0.02% and then at the end reveal their server seed and easily check how many times they should have won by running the provably fair algorithm in a loop with a single seed pair and an ever-changing nonce. Lots of sites have adopted that system - it's free for anyone to use.

if dooglus wants to post one too ill gladly edit it into the op, the guy really deserves credit for finding some back-end bugs.

1JtD6uG43feZrUqgxTYsQAPTmgmq8hogCt is an address for me. But don't feel the need to tip me - I didn't do anything other than vouch for subSTRATA's find.

Wait, so Dooglus blackmails other sites too? word it anyway you want but this was blackmail, pay my price or I release / sell the exploit that would harm not only the owner but innocent investors who probably didn't know better.

right? Or am I missing something here?

No, here's how I do it: I email the site and disclose the bug report up front. Then they try to find excuses not to pay me. Sometimes they end up paying something, but most often I get nothing.

In this case I was merely vouching for subSTRATA. He didn't want to get ripped off by the site and so wanted to get paid up front. They wouldn't believe him if I didn't vouch for him. And didn't believe him that I did. Ho hum.

I don't think anyone was threatening to release or sell the exploit, but maybe I'm wrong.

"I have found an issue with your site that others could potentially use to steal from you, I have no intention of disclosing it to anyone other then you, nor do I have any intention of using such exploit personally, although I cannot guarantee that others will not use the same public information to exploit this same issue."

I think the above would pass the test of not being blackmail, while still being reasonably compensated for your time/skills.

The fact is that gambling sites are for-profit entities, and giving advice as to how to prevent yourself from getting robbed when large amounts of money is at stake should not be given for free. These sites should invest in the time/effort to prevent these kinds of exploits from existing in the first place.

Exactly. It is common practice for gambling sites NOT to reward people who help them fix security holes, and so it doesn't seem unreasonable to withhold information until the reward is paid. Their site contains text claiming that the DO reward people who report bugs, and so it doesn't seem unreasonable to use what is effectively an escrow to hold knowledge of the bug in exchange for the reward.

Or, in other words: They say "we pay for bugs". There is a history of sites breaking that promise, and so using a "bug escrow" (like me) seems reasonable. And not like blackmail at all.

it may be that your ip/account is blacklisted to skip nonces or something of the sort.

No need to skip nonces. The site doesn't use them. It makes up a new server seed for each roll.
legendary
I will drop some negative feedback on joter85 so hopefully others will no longer invest or play there without knowing about these bugs and exploits. Who knows, these exploits may have been in place for a reason. Like to slowly drain the investors Wink

pretty perceptive, this was also a point brought up in a pm; as it stands the dice script created by joter85 is either incomplete/shoddy or intentionally faulty. if i were to give the benefit of the doubt considering that 1094x bets that are still going through, im inclined to think that the script was shoddily created and is incomplete. however, with dogedigital's experience with the site possibly having nonces skipped on the "simsim" account, i really dont know what to think here.

edit: Russel434 is still at it, ~0.12 in profit as of right now with 1k satoshi bets, exploiting both bugs to obtain a 9.4% edge as previously stated.
legendary
Activity: 1120
I can't speak to any specific conversations that either Dooglus or subSTRATA had with this site's owner, or the owner of other sites. However if it were me that had found the exploit, then I would have told them something along the following:

"I have found an issue with your site that others could potentially use to steal from you, I have no intention of disclosing it to anyone other then you, nor do I have any intention of using such exploit personally, although I cannot guarantee that others will not use the same public information to exploit this same issue."

I think the above would pass the test of not being blackmail, while still being reasonably compensated for your time/skills.

The fact is that gambling sites are for-profit entities, and giving advice as to how to prevent yourself from getting robbed when large amounts of money is at stake should not be given for free. These sites should invest in the time/effort to prevent these kinds of exploits from existing in the first place.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11780169

the admin of the site seems rather hostile and is trying to rip both me and dooglus off, demanding a lower bounty for the deal, i am entertaining offers in this thread or through pm regarding this. a percentage of this will be paid to dooglus for his help in confirming this issue.

Am I misunderstanding something here?
I am not saying that the OP did what I suggested should have been done, I am just saying that you can receive a bug/exploit bounty without blackmailing/extorting the owner of the site.

I know that here, the owner of the site said:
Exploit it please, and earn 1 btc. When you do we are willing to pay you 1.5btc extra to tell us about it. We are tired of this lame scam attempts. We get mails of exploits weekly, but no one proved or steal anything. Only reason why we offered you any amount is because you have others users backing you up.
If something similar was said about selling the exploit, then the OP trying to sell it would be fair game. If something similar was not said, then trying to sell it would not be appropriate.

When it comes to bug reports, there is a very fine line between blackmail and responsible disclosure.

That post by the owner was made AFTER the exploit was being sold. subSTRATA admitted this thread was created with intentions to sell it at first...

Anyway, subSTRATA admitted he made a mistake so I'm done here.

I will drop some negative feedback on joter85 so hopefully others will no longer invest or play there without knowing about these bugs and exploits. Who knows, these exploits may have been in place for a reason. Like to slowly drain the investors Wink
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

Blackmail? No. Extortion? Absolutely.

It's almost as classic as the "What a nice car you have there. It would be shamed it it got scratched. How about you give me $5 to keep an eye on it"

Edit: As xetsr noted, he even explicitly threatened to sell the exploit

This couldn't be more black and white.

As a professional security researcher if I ever did what subSTRAT did, the absolute minimum I'd be looking at is immediate dismissal. He is free to offer his services to a site for a fee, but the veiled threats and withholding an exploit. He even goes on to explicitly say how much money he believes his exploit could be used to steal.

The correct course of action would've been him to responsibly disclose to the site admins that problem. Wait for them to fix it. Then ask them for a bounty. And if he's unhappy with the bounty cry foul and rave how much he hates the site and feels ripped off.

Why does he need to give up the information first? I don't see any reason why the OP needs to disclose the entire exploit prior to making any arrangement. If the owner of the site is not willing to pay the amount that the person who found the exploit wants for it then I don't see any reason why he should be forced to give up the information for less then what he thinks it is worth.

Explaining how much he thinks someone using the exploit could steal from the site is, IMO, something that would allow the owner of the site to gage how much would be reasonable to pay for such information.

I think that it is important to be very clear that you have no intention of either using the exploit yourself or disclosing it to other third parties. This is important because I am not trying to defend the OP from trying to sell the exploit.

Stating the fact that someone else could potentially find the same exploit is a true statement, and is relevant if nothing more then public information was used to find such exploit as it means that the person soliciting the bounty for the exploit simple staying silent may not be sufficient to protect the site from getting robbed.
legendary
Youtube is telling me 56 minutes.  I wasn't able to get the new user winning as my computer died from video memory, but I can easily do it under any other account and expect a win within 2-400 rolls.

I recorded it with myself in the video to show that there was no funny business, editing, or magic going on and that it was all in real time with the time stamps proving that there no re-takes.

glad to see you followed my suggestion, even more so to see that my suspicion may have been proven true. i said this in the chat before after speculation from a pm conversation, but it may be that your ip/account is blacklisted to skip nonces or something of the sort.

sorry, i have a habit of editing posts immediately after posting them, just wanted to make sure this part was seen regarding the issue here. I wouldnt be surprised if something to enable this function was already implemented in the back end; it doesnt seem right that something like this could be implemented in such a short time frame.
legendary
So.... I made another video as others didn't believe me and I knew 100% that the next 5000 rolls would result in 0 wins.  I'm uploading the video as we speak.

I also predicted (as you can hear in the video) that if I started a new user account and changed the VPN, that I would hit in about 2-400 rolls which low and behold, I did.

Again... You tell me that something isn't wrong.  I believe there's tampering going on. 

glad to see you followed my suggestion, hope it gets uploaded faster than the last one.

Youtube is telling me 56 minutes.  I wasn't able to get the new user winning as my computer died from video memory, but I can easily do it under any other account and expect a win within 2-400 rolls.

I recorded it with myself in the video to show that there was no funny business, editing, or magic going on and that it was all in real time with the time stamps proving that there no re-takes.
legendary
So.... I made another video as others didn't believe me and I knew 100% that the next 5000 rolls would result in 0 wins.  I'm uploading the video as we speak.

I also predicted (as you can hear in the video) that if I started a new user account and changed the VPN, that I would hit in about 2-400 rolls which low and behold, I did.

Again... You tell me that something isn't wrong.  I believe there's tampering going on.  

glad to see you followed my suggestion, even more so to see that my suspicion may have been proven true. i said this in the chat before after speculation from a pm conversation, but it may be that your ip/account is blacklisted to skip nonces or something of the sort.
legendary
So.... I made another video as others didn't believe me and I knew 100% that the next 5000 rolls would result in 0 wins.  I'm uploading the video as we speak.

Again... You tell me that something isn't wrong.  I believe there's tampering going on. 
legendary
Okay then, glad you realized your mistake and the damage that could have been done if you were to get an offer and proceeded to sell the exploit.

Just so everyone knows, I have nothing to do with the site and I'm not a investor. I'm just wondering why nobody else could see the point I was trying to make. If someone pulled this BS at just-dice (offered to sell an exploit if Dooglus didn't pay up), all the kids over there would go absolutely crazy.

I changed my feedback to neutral since you admitted you made a mistake Smiley

selling it was the first intention with the thread, and later on i opted to take the more moral route and provide the details to the admin, but through the exchange, the frustration in dealing with the admin resulted in my looking to sel it again, and then back to public disclosure of the bug so that it could be fixed. either way, excuses arent accepted, so i wont be making any, the only thing to do is continue the moral path from now on, as it were.

if anything, i hope future dice site owners/dice site script coders can take a page out of this and thoroughly examine their code to prevent anything similar to this happening.
Pages:
Jump to: