Author

Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City) - page 119. (Read 632672 times)

Activity: 260
Merit: 105
A Lingering Ghost
I logged all of my health challenge along with my comments on how I tried to approach it.
TL;DR: I am level 9 (lower caste noble) of rather young age (41). I spent ~30mil trying to rid of my Severe challenge, but managed only to stay at Severe.

Code:
The log:

> Indicates a command. Any text without this prefix indicates command output (and thus info on how I performed).
# Indicates a comment by me.
! Indicates date changes in real life time.

! NOVEMBER 25TH, 2015 - WEDNESDAY

# My character is 41 years old.

> health

You may still eat 200 units, drink 200 units and use 200 units of wisdom this year. Your remaining health challenge is Severe. Your overall health is Good

# Oh, nice! I'm not having a brutal challenge to start with. On the other hand my beginning health is only Good.

> CONSUME MEAD 20

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 200, drink 180 and use 200 units of wisdom this year.

> health

You may still eat 200 units, drink 180 units and use 200 units of wisdom this year. Your remaining health challenge is Severe. Your overall health is Good

# What about food?

> CONSUME MEAT 20

The eating/drinking felt Effective. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 180, drink 180 and use 200 units of wisdom this year.

# How about some veggies too to go with it?

> CONSUME VEG 20

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 180 and use 200 units of wisdom this year.

# Ok, time for some wisdom...

> CONSUME CAN 30

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 180 and use 170 units of wisdom this year.

> CONSUME CIG 1

The eating/drinking felt Useful. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 180 and use 169 units of wisdom this year.

# Let's grab a beer (or quite a few!) to tag along

> CONSUME BEER 50

The eating/drinking felt Effective. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 130 and use 169 units of wisdom this year.

# Still severe, ouch. How about some wine in smaller quantities...

> CONSUME W1613W 5

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 125 and use 169 units of wisdom this year.

# No? Maybe older vintage.

> CONSUME W1603 5

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 120 and use 169 units of wisdom this year.

# Ok, let's put in the big guns. Time to smoke a real deal.

> CONSUME COH 1

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 120 and use 168 units of wisdom this year.

# Dang it, still only Satisfying & I am at Severe. Let's try quantity over quality.

> CONSUME MEAD 100

The eating/drinking felt Effective. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 20 and use 168 units of wisdom this year.

# Hmm, not much left to drink and I'm still at Severe. Gotta think about this. Maybe a high quality drink to pour it down it with.

> CONSUME CXO 1

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 19 and use 168 units of wisdom this year.

# Ok, slight disappointment. Still sitting at "Severe".

# Ok, so far I suspect "Effective" > "Satisfying" > "Useful"
# "Satisfying" > "Useful" because "CONSUME CIG 1" produced "Useful" while "CONSUME COH 1" produced "Satisfying"
# Effective I've only got with largish quantities of mid-range products (20 MEAT, 100 MEAD, or 50 BEER).

# At this point I thought that I'll try continue tomorrow, since I had to leave work, and HM mentioned that there was a "daily" bonus, so no point in consuming everything at once. Time to continue tomorrow!

! NOVEMBER 26TH, 2015 - THURSDAY

# Finally back from work, phew. Now I can get back to working on my health again!
# My plan for today; I bought a variety of wine drinks, since I read that there was a bonus of having consumed a large variety of different things. So I intend to spend the remaining 19 drinks of mine as widely spread as possible over diffent drink IDs.
# Furthermore, it was outlined that daily eating bonus is available; thus I intend to spread my remaining 160 eat over the remaining days:
# Thu-Fri-Sat-Sun (assuming challenge ends on the Sunday) would mean I'll consume 40 per day to maximize my bonus per day. I think I'll go for 40 MEAT per day or such.
# The wisdom part is still something I haven't decided on, but I think I'll be relying much on CAN. I do also have 10 mushrooms, which could also provide me variety.

> health

You may still eat 160 units, drink 19 units and use 168 units of wisdom this year. Your remaining health challenge is Severe. Your overall health is Good

# Yup, time to get started. I need variety, starting with consuming wines and other fine bewerages!

> consume W1609 1

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 18 and use 168 units of wisdom this year.

> consume W1612 1

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 17 and use 168 units of wisdom this year.

> consume W1608 1

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 16 and use 168 units of wisdom this year.

> consume W1600 1

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 15 and use 168 units of wisdom this year.

> consume W1611 1

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 14 and use 168 units of wisdom this year.

> consume W1602 1

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 13 and use 168 units of wisdom this year.

> consume W1602F 1

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 12 and use 168 units of wisdom this year.

> consume W1600M 1

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 11 and use 168 units of wisdom this year.

> consume VOD 1

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 10 and use 168 units of wisdom this year.

> consume GIN 1

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 9 and use 168 units of wisdom this year.

> consume W1613W 2

The eating/drinking felt Useful. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 7 and use 168 units of wisdom this year.

> consume W1601 2

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 5 and use 168 units of wisdom this year.

> consume W1603A 1

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 4 and use 168 units of wisdom this year.

> consume W1603 1

The eating/drinking felt Useful. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 3 and use 168 units of wisdom this year.

> consume W1604 1

The eating/drinking felt Useful. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 2 and use 168 units of wisdom this year.

> consume W1601B 2

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 0 and use 168 units of wisdom this year.

# So much for my drinking spree! If there's a variety factor, I sure hope I brought it up now for other consuming as well.
# Time for my daily meal and wisdom!

> consume MUS 8

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 160, drink 0 and use 160 units of wisdom this year.

# Well, now I got neat 160s spread in 4x40 for my daily chunks of food and wisdom.
# Noticed I had one FOIE lying around, let's pump up that variety still.

> consume FOIE 1

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 159, drink 0 and use 160 units of wisdom this year.

# Then on to bigger quantities...

> consume CAN 40

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 159, drink 0 and use 120 units of wisdom this year.

> consume MEAT 39

The eating/drinking felt Effective. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 120, drink 0 and use 120 units of wisdom this year.

> consume CIG 40

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 120, drink 0 and use 80 units of wisdom this year.

# Hmm, finally something effective, though only with MEAT. I hope the remaining 3x 40 MEAT chunks will finally bring down that Severe to something milder. There's some room to play around with my wisdom, but I think my food strategy is now set for the coming 3 days.

! NOVEMBER 27TH, 2015 - FRIDAY

# Ok, time to start of with a good meal.

> consume MEAT 40

The eating/drinking felt Effective. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 80, drink 0 and use 80 units of wisdom this year.

# Still at severe, 80 of food and wisdom left. Maybe I just need to step up my quality; I'll consume FOIE in the coming days instead of MEAT. Wisdom is harder - CIG it is I guess.

! NOVEMBER 28TH, 2015 - SATURDAY

# Ok, time to step it up. 40x FOIE

> consume FOIE 40

The eating/drinking felt Effective. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 40, drink 0 and use 80 units of wisdom this year.

# Dang it. Still only Effective. Well, I got some room to play around with Wisdom but other than that I'm starting to run out of hope; although I could be closing in on the "lower" part of Severe.
# Still it's disappointing not to get any verbal improvement :D

!! November 29TH, 2015 - SUNDAY

# Time for the last touch, hopefully going down from Severe finally.

> consume FOIE 40

The eating/drinking felt Effective. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 0, drink 0 and use 80 units of wisdom this year.

# No more eating then, time to be wise.
# Ok, my last chance. Time to smoke some COH, and consume my only AYA.

> consume AYA 1

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 0, drink 0 and use 79 units of wisdom this year.

# Satisfying?! Dang it, woulda thought that 10mil potion would've been at least "Effective" :S oh well. Let's try if a bunch of COH will fix things.

> consume COH 10

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 0, drink 0 and use 69 units of wisdom this year.

# Oh man, still only "Satisfying". I think I'll buy some cigars and then put my last hopes on a stack of 50 CAN.

> consume CIG 19

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 0, drink 0 and use 50 units of wisdom this year.

# Oh well, here goes the last set. 50 CAN or nothing, still sitting at Severe :(

> consume CAN 50

The eating/drinking felt Satisfying. I feel the remaining health challenge to be Severe. I could still eat 0, drink 0 and use 0 units of wisdom this year.

# And so ends the Health Challenge for Syksy. Starting from Severe, ending at Severe :/

Thus, as a summary;
I started with Severe, ended with Severe, and spent around ~30mil on the way trying to cure my way to healthiness.
I probably wasted some of the initial bonuses, and should've bought large quantities of wines and consumed them right away in at least quantities of 50, reading on how some people got rid of their Brutals/Severes.
Perhaps I had misunderstood something about the variety bonuses or that maybe the initial bonus only applied to item type (food/drink/wisdom) and not particular item ID. Or maybe there's something else I had fundamentally misunderstood. I got a lot "Effective"/"Satisfying" responses but in the end they were not enough. Oh well Smiley

Code:
Totals of consumed items (in order):
MEAD 20
MEAT 20
VEG 20
CAN 30
CIG 1
BEER 50
W1613W 5
W1603 5
COH 1
MEAD 100
CXO 1
W1609 1
W1612 1
W1608 1
W1600 1
W1611 1
W1602 1
W1602F 1
W1600M 1
VOD 1
GIN 1
W1613W 2
W1601 2
W1603A 1
W1603 1
W1604 1
W1601B 2
MUS 8
FOIE 1
CAN 40
MEAT 39
CIG 40
MEAT 40
FOIE 40
FOIE 40
AYA 1
COH 10
CIG 19
CAN 50
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Smooth, did your characters drink any WINE?

Yes they all drank various wines, including some expensive ones (EDIT: I'm not 100% sure that both of the lower level characters drank wine, nor do I remember how much; they may have stuck more with BEER, but the higher level one drank lots and I think at least one of the lower level chars definitely did).
Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
Health challenges

On my high ranking character, I consumed a lot of expensive stuff in each category (even some SW3), some from inventory, some purchased (along with a good amount of MEAT and some VEG). Didn't seem to do much other than enrich the sellers as I still ended up with

Your remaining health challenge is Severe.

Same here. Remaining health challenge is Severe. No information about my overall health. I also drink 30 W1609 + BEER, 25 VEG +175 MEAT, 200 CAN.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Smooth, did your characters drink any WINE?
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
How could I convert IC to CKS? Is it still possible to convert IC to wine?

The duty paid module will allow "free conversion". But that's still some time away. Before that there will be short opportunities to convert IC (consume) to this and that, including wine and TS161 (12 CKS silver coins). At any one time, all IC consumed will be spent on the one thing, and then the thing will change. (A "clever" hack until we get the "directed consume").

At least one opportunity to convert 30*IC to 4*TS161 will be arranged before the price changes.
Year Change to 1616 (update 4)

Advance warning: silver conversion price is defined in terms of gold midprice. The current rate 1 IC = 2 CKS corresponds to 800,000 m/CKG. The next rate 1 IC = 1 CKS corresponds to 1,600,000 m/CKG. We have been over the midpoint already, especially in geometric terms. It is possible any time now, for silver conversion rate to reset to 1:1, making silver double as expensive as now, and when the rate is changed, it is unlikely to come back.

How could I convert IC to CKS? Is it still possible to convert IC to wine?
donator
Year Change to 1616 (update 4)

- Building dividends fully paid

- New gold and silver coins created:
CR1615A - mintage 20, based on activity
CR1616A - will be distributed based on total exp so far, from virgin gold (mintage unknown yet)
CR1615E - (not exist; the market cannot bear too many of these coins as they are getting expensive)
CR1616E - mintage 16. For sale soon in Agora.
CS1615E - mintage 280. Will be dumped to the market in Agora same way as eg. SW3 is doing right now
CS1616E - mintage 20. Collectible.

Advance warning: silver conversion price is defined in terms of gold midprice. The current rate 1 IC = 2 CKS corresponds to 800,000 m/CKG. The next rate 1 IC = 1 CKS corresponds to 1,600,000 m/CKG. We have been over the midpoint already, especially in geometric terms. It is possible any time now, for silver conversion rate to reset to 1:1, making silver double as expensive as now, and when the rate is changed, it is unlikely to come back.

donator
Your remaining health challenge is Brutal. Your overall health is Decent

Sure I be preparing funeral invitations?

As most people know by now, the scale for remainingHealthChallenge is Brutal - Severe - Significant - Moderate - Insignificant - None. Earlier it has been said that if you leave it at "Brutal", you will die in a few years. The other options keep you alive longer, and some have theoretized in IRC that the bulk of the range of outcomes maps to Brutal-Severe, and that getting it to anything else is actually finetuning.

The maximum health is 10,000 points and the new commoner's starting health is quite close to it. Commoner average lifespan is thought to be 45 years which means 30 years of health challenges. During this time the effect of challenges needs to be strong enough to reduce the health to zero. It also means 3% of the commoners should be dying annually (5% of the NPC are dying...)

The average strength of the challenge depends mainly on character's health, it does not depend on level for instance (the rich have better living conditions but also more stressful life with responsibilities). How you alleviate the challenge, is of course easier for the rich.

Everyone can sometimes get an easy challenge that you can reduce to zero or insignificant by consuming stuff like veg/meat, beer and can. These challenges are "cost-efficient" to reduce to none. The older you get, the more likely it is you get a Brutal challenge, which becomes very expensive to deal completely. So it might not be wise to even try.

It is by no means intentioned that everyone would be able to demolish their health challenge every year. The challenge mechanism is designed to make people die in the end.

Every my gamemaster/design decision of destroying stuff has been met with criticism. The earthquake of 1600 was. The plague was. The system that characters die, is the current one. (Even though 75% actually made their challenge to zero, meaning no aging at all this year.) Some have feared that the mortality will cause a large number of players to decide to abandon their character and when faced with the decision to "start over" or "quit", the scale turns to the latter, which could have been avoided by letting the Ancients play forever with their original character. This may certainly happen. But it is like pruning a tree - sometimes you have to cut (or allow the exit) of people who have lost the interest, or perhaps never had the interest to play (just to support the game to get started). The value of the game is proportional to its volume of playing (I believe). In the short term, people exiting lower the asset values, but if the volume of playing stays the same, the asset values get to the previous level quickly, making the dump a good buying opportunity from the hindsight. Also it allows the entry of new, burning players, at reduced rates. And I have to repeat that my current calculation based on 10+ managed characters is that the price you pay at the current scripts for keeping a 200+ year old character alive forever is $30 per month so this option is very much there for everyone interested!

There was one anomaly where I'm pretty sure the challenge dropped a level, I consumed some more stuff, and it went back up. Perhaps that is intended (overindulging), I'm not sure.

I'll check this one. I got a similar report. It is possible to recreate the effects so you don't need to do anything if you have already consumed "enough" and just feel that the UI text is parsed incorrectly.

The health challenge of 1615 ends 40 hours from now. It seems it is right now not even working properly, the consumes did not cause entries in the remainingHealthChallenge table. It is easy to fix, so please wait a few hours until it is fixed before consuming. We will test the health_challenge_change script after that so please everyone consume what you have to, until that deadline, and do NOT consume after that because likely the health benefit goes to dev_null yet your quota is reduced. Until I say 1616 is ready.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Health challenges

On my high ranking character, I consumed a lot of expensive stuff in each category (even some SW3), some from inventory, some purchased (along with a good amount of MEAT and some VEG). Didn't seem to do much other than enrich the sellers as I still ended up with

Your remaining health challenge is Severe. Your overall health is Good

Lower ranking characters I still made sure to get quite a bit of MEAT along with a bunch of BEER, some wines, and CAN. I skipped the FOIS, elixirs, etc.

Char 1:

Char 2:

Should I be preparing funeral invitations?

The last character still has 50 wisdom left but I'm pretty unsure what to do with that, or if it is even worth the money to try to do anything at all.

There was one anomaly where I'm pretty sure the challenge dropped a level, I consumed some more stuff, and it went back up. Perhaps that is intended (overindulging), I'm not sure.

donator
Coinshop gold coins prices updated

FINALLY - King's Coinshop is able to monetize all gold coins (150 items)! We have entered buy orders for 23 instances of each coin, starting at spot price, but some also higher. Since it is very rare that one owner would have more than 20 of a single year*, this practically means that it is possible to sell all your gold coins without slippage at any time!

Also all gold that Coinshop acquires, is listed for sale at ever-lowered markups. Consider for instance the second-oldest coin CR1418E, which admittedly is not rare, but is so old and affordable that it will sooner or later become the staple item in every collection, guaranteeing the steady appreciation: the markup is only 1.09 mil (19%) over spot gold price!! Similar offers abound, so it might make sense to load up on the best of these coins.

* Coins were granted to "new buyers" of gold in 1400-1599 so that each character could get max 20 coins per year, the rest being then "unallocated" and later became mainly HM02B100.

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I'm running out of CAN, but if you buy 42 more from me @ 17800, I'll gift you one CT1614 - In can we trust Bronze/Copper.

I bought your CAN!
OK. It goes to you then Smiley

You can use command:
give ct1614 1 17

Thank you for the trade!
I'm running out of CAN, but if you buy 42 more from me @ 17800, I'll gift you one CT1614 - In can we trust Bronze/Copper.

I bought your CAN!
OK. It goes to you then Smiley
Activity: 266

I bought your CAN!
Zenon: SW3 (1616)
The experiment as previously, became quite costly (the price of 10,000*CAN alone was 120 mil)

The ensuing 10,000 CAN buy for SW3 triggered another spike in CAN prices as Saddam rushed to buy back as much CAN as possible.

Current CAN price is 29,999!
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Zenon: SW3 (1616)
The experiment as previously, became quite costly (the price of 10,000*CAN alone was 120 mil)

The ensuing 10,000 CAN buy for SW3 triggered another spike in CAN prices as Saddam rushed to buy back as much CAN as possible.

Current CAN price is 29,999!
donator
Coinshop has updated all bids and is now willing to buy any gold coin (GOC) for 1.0-1.3 mil/CKG. A great way to:
- quickly make some cash
- dump a huge amount of gold without changing the price (the fixed price bids total 8,940 CKG).

Soon also the coinshop asks will be updated. The challenge is to make a script that prices them correctly and is able to place the order for the right amount,  without the information how many units Coinshop has Wink
Activity: 280
OK, I gave the items to CHURCH (hope that works). Sold the Gold medal to Jacket (for the museum). Only the house/land remains. Open air museum sounds good.
Q
donator
Quentin Moon's everything must go sale has progressed well, and he now feels confident that his affairs will be in order by the time of the impending health challenge. All gold coins have now sold, and Angus has picked up assorted bargains. :-)

For previous kindness, Quentin would like to donate some items to the prince-bishop. Is there a list of usernames to enable gifts?

Prince-Bishop is char 2.

Just two remaining items for sale:
1) A rare, ancient, and most elaborate gold medal (100 CKG) [GOO-48]
2) A desirable, very centrally located house on a 300 sqm plot (ripe for redevelopment) [1-N-H3]

Q

As for GOO-48, that is the Architecture Medal 5th place for the construction to the 1-C-A4 lot (winner: Casino CryptoKnight). 115 years old. I donated it, so am happy to get it back, or buy it at gold price (100mil), or even better it can be donated to the CryptoMuseum of SirJacket (char 31).

As for the lot, a few years ago 1-N was assigned Open-Air Museum, so new building is not possible. Royal House is always interested in 1-N so if no other bids come, you can ask Zechariah (char 36).
Activity: 280
Quentin Moon's everything must go sale has progressed well, and he now feels confident that his affairs will be in order by the time of the impending health challenge. All gold coins have now sold, and Angus has picked up assorted bargains. :-)

For previous kindness, Quentin would like to donate some items to the prince-bishop. Is there a list of usernames to enable gifts?

Just two remaining items for sale:
1) A rare, ancient, and most elaborate gold medal (100 CKG) [GOO-48]
2) A desirable, very centrally located house on a 300 sqm plot (ripe for redevelopment) [1-N-H3]

Q
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
The health of the Magus is declining as everybody else's; but thanks to the help of the Elixir of Life and Happiness he's now able to continue his work. The Magus bows in front of his Majesty's glory, for without his Highness help the "Elixir of Life and Happiness" wouldn't have been able to exist. As his majesty mentioned it's not perfect but it has been proven that it works! I advise every participant to try and enjoy its properties, as it will make them stronger and happier on their everyday lives. More experimentation with materials and spirits will help to give birth to an elixir of Eternal Life (aka: the New Elixir), but I suspect it won't come for cheap.

The New Elixir requires exotic materials that must be brought from abroad for a price that the Magus has not the ability to purchase right now.

The Magus wishes to every citizen health and prosperity. We will communicate again soon.
Jump to: