Author

Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City) - page 118. (Read 632672 times)

Activity: 50
Merit: 5
Code:
22632 Consume meat 01.12.15 100 goin2mars (111) New (5)
22633 Consume beer 01.12.15 100 goin2mars (111) New (5)
22634 Consume can 01.12.15 100 goin2mars (111) New (5)
22647 Consume shi 01.12.15 100 goin2mars (111) New (5)
22878 Consume veg 02.12.15 100 goin2mars (111) New (5)
22879 Consume mead 02.12.15 100 goin2mars (111) New (5)

severe > moderate

health this year: good

approximate total cost @ current market sale prices: 3520000m

income this year: 1400000m

net cost to player: 2120000m (USD 0.79)

estimated income next year: (1400000) + (420000) + (1000000) = 2820000m

expected cost to player next year: <700000m (USD 10.00 Wink)

Feeling okay with the spending this year, I'm waiting to find out what a moderate result does to health in 1617 Smiley

Congrats everyone on making the market and challenge seemingly better meet each other.

Found out the most basic trick to these health challenges: get comfy Cheesy ----play these in the background--->

http://www.rainymood.com/.
http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/fireNoiseGenerator.php
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivJrE_Wory0 (can be substituted with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mdIWaRi-7c and just going wherever youtube brings you)
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
You did make a valiant effort. I am no expert at the health situation but I think that drinking more wine would be just as effective and less expensive than all the luxury/rare items that you consumed. My approach was to stick with the staples (MEAT, VEG, WINE), then save the luxury consumption for the last few items of your quota if you still need a boost. 52 FOIE is quite decadent, hats off to you.  Shocked

I consume many of the luxury items mid-way as I was getting scared. Note that I still didn't make it, even though I (now wasted) a big amount of money. Did you have a brutal challenge too?

Does anyone know in which way the previously mentioned bugs affected the health challenge? Just wondering whether this is intentional that we need to spend 50$ on every health challenge.

It is not intentional to have to spend $50 each week and there is a roll to determine the severity in addition to other factors such as age, living conditions, etc.  Of course, if you want to live forever "its gonna cost you!"

I would also advise trying to stock up on various food and drinks during the week instead of buying at ask prices for the challenge.  I added up my consumption for this week at *ASK* prices and it ended up being 40M (I had a Brutal challenge this week).  Of course, I had a lot of items so I didn't have to buy at ask, but that is the price if I had to.

Most of the very high-end limited supply stuff has not been overly helpful in the health challenges.

The health challenge is the most interactive part of the game pared with the marketplace so try to maximize the fun by seeing what works.  Also for those of you that can, join the ##crypto-kingdom channel on freenode IRC.  A lot of us discuss what is working and what is not and you do gain valuable information there.  It is the best place to interact until the in-game chat has been fully implemented.

Here is a webchat link with the ##crypto-kingdom room:
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23%23crypto-kingdom&uio=MTE9Mjc3ed

Activity: 518
Merit: 502
You did make a valiant effort. I am no expert at the health situation but I think that drinking more wine would be just as effective and less expensive than all the luxury/rare items that you consumed. My approach was to stick with the staples (MEAT, VEG, WINE), then save the luxury consumption for the last few items of your quota if you still need a boost. 52 FOIE is quite decadent, hats off to you.  Shocked

I consume many of the luxury items mid-way as I was getting scared. Note that I still didn't make it, even though I (now wasted) a big amout of money. Did you have a brutal challenge too?

Does anyone know in which way the previously mentioned bugs affected the health challenge? Just wondering whether this is intentional that we need to spend 50$ on every health challenge.
How frustrating! I had a brutal health challenge, and got it down to insignificant. But didn't manange to get it to none.  Angry

I sent 25 GIN from my storehouse for this year - Maybe it will be of help to you in this time of need.

Thank you - very kind of you!
legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001
Also, if you already submitted some of the bugs there, please check if they are in For Review status. Once you check is it works properly, just change status to Closed or Active. That will tell me should I look more at it or I can consider it as solved.

I went through the bugs marked for review, only one of them is still happening, the rest are now closed.

Thanks
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
A possible bug may be causing erroneous (too low) health challenge reductions. Since this is tiresome to remedy after the fact, can you please refrain from consuming until this notice is removed. This will ease the admin work!

Hello everyone,

Earlier mentioned bug is solved and any new consume command should work properly.

If you notice any potential bug, please create bug ticket and I will look at it (https://cryptokingdom.me/issues).
Also, if you already submitted some of the bugs there, please check if they are in For Review status. Once you check is it works properly, just change status to Closed or Active. That will tell me should I look more at it or I can consider it as solved.

Thanks and happy playing!
Wizard Dev. PJ
Activity: 260
Merit: 105
A Lingering Ghost
How frustrating! I had a brutal health challenge, and got it down to insignificant. But didn't manange to get it to none.  Angry

I sent 25 GIN from my storehouse for this year - Maybe it will be of help to you in this time of need.

I would also like to express my gratitude for Sir Jacket's generosity, in sponsoring me with 25 GIN as well. I truly appreciate it.
Looking forward to working my health back up (in real life too!) soon Smiley
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
A possible bug may be causing erroneous (too low) health challenge reductions. Since this is tiresome to remedy after the fact, can you please refrain from consuming until this notice is removed. This will ease the admin work!
Activity: 784
Merit: 501

donator
Shisha and Hookah conversions have ended.

Please, now if you consume IC, remember to do it in multiples of 30 IC only. You will get 4*TS161 (12 CKS coin) from it and support Town in its plight Wink
legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001
Instant Hookah Rental

With the recent availability of SHIsha, a boon for those seeking to obtain the variety bonus on their health challenge, I am starting a short term hookah rental business.

As you know, SHIsha can only be consumed if you have a HOOkah - a rare expensive implement. If you do not possess one, but still want the health benefit of the variety bonus from smoking SHIsha, I can rent a hookah for the occasion. Find me on IRC, and I'll lend you a hookah for a few minutes. Rental price is only 100k, with a half price offer for commoners at only 50k! It's worth it even for a few SHI, since you get up to x4 bonus. If you wish to have additional health management characters also rent the hookah at the same time, it's only 10k extra per character you want to have smoke. Note that this is a short term rental, so the hookah is expected back as soon as you're done smoking, which should be no more than a few minutes per character.

So take care of your health, even without a HOOkah of your own!
donator
New Health Challenge!

Decipher, and Enjoy! Smiley

don't forget the magic drink:
Health Challenge 1616

The merchant convoy sent to bring wisdom to our distant country does not seem to fare well concerning their own health. We can deduce many symptoms of some exotic condition. The communication is not too easy, but possibly they had made a trip to the east before coming to our lands. One is vomiting hardly and another one looks like Chinese in the face, but not in a way that he seems to enjoy...

It is more than likely that this is contagious, since even I am feeling a sore throat and dizziness in thinking. They are pointing that a certain drink may be quite powerful against the disease. We have to find out what that is, so that all citizens can consume at least some of it so that this year's challenge could actually turn out easier than the last one.
donator
Bullion Gold Trading; new CR-B series

We are taking steps to cater to a larger audience with gold. The decision how to arrange gold trading from now on has been made and is as follows:

- Supported investment gold sizes are 100, 5, 2 and 1 CKG. There is already a large quantity of 100 and 5 available, and the number of 1 will slowly start to increase as the game gets more players. Despite the large gap between 5 and 100, the decision was not to create a new size between them as it was deemed unlikely to find much usage. On the other hand, the emergence of 2 became crucial now as 1’s will start to be minted from virgin gold and be very distributed  and likely very collectible (expensive).

- 100 CKG bars (item HM02B100) are already uniform. The smaller sizes will be classified to item types CRE, CRB and CRA, and the item type can be used when making a buy (“BUY CRE 1 6mil” would buy the cheapest of any CRxxxxE coins, or if none is available at less than 6 million, make a bid for any. This should increase the liquidity of these coins greatly (especially when the target group emerges), and normalise the price to a rather small and constant markup over 100 CKG price (as it is IRL).

- CR16xxB (2 CKG) coin will start in 1618, the 200th anniversary (bicentenary) of the first gold sales in the Kingdom. It is planned that CR-B will be minted every 2 years, and will have circulation based on demand as follows:
* Characters can freely buy (and sell back to Coinshop) standing order shares (S-CRB). One S-CRB will cause 1*CR-B coin sent to the owner and billed automatically when a new one is issued.
* A pre-known, reasonable maximum quantity will be available to buy for a few years, after which the unsold coins are smelted. (Causing the Coinshop to stock on just a few of the most recent CR-B coins, even when they don’t sell out.)
* Price gouging does not happen in Coinshop part - the markup of the coins can be 10%, 25% or 50% but never higher, and is also the same for all buyers and all quantities. The higher-markup coins will probably end up being more rare (as there is less incentive to buy big quantities), and there is much upside possible for collector, while downside is limited due to small initial premium per coin.

* Each coin has a theme and this can be for instance 100 or 200th anniversary of some event, a famous person, chinese horoscope animal, building or institution.

* We seek that collectibility and nice rise in value comes from the 2 CKG coin being actively traded as a generic product and on the other hand that collecting sub-series of coins could be available to the middle class, not only the rich, and they can profit from both the gold and collectors’ value at the same time.

Literary Society will be using the same model when the time is ripe for starting it.
donator
Year Change to 1616 (update 5)

- We have officially moved to the new levels system, which has a few more levels especially between Master and Baron (Master - Wizard - Doctor - Grand Wizard - Jungherr - Knight - Baronet - Baron). Despite this, it is still most common to directly be promoted from Master to Baron as previously  Cheesy

Knight Cryptonic has been promoted Baron (L12).

BlackWidow has been ennobled (Dame L11).

Several commoners have been promoted.

- Commoners have been paid their salaries. Due to technical difficulties, everyone regardless of rank got only 1.4 mil from town funds. If you are a commoner and did not receive the salary, admins can help you.

- W1615W white wine has been divided to shareholders (and is going for as low as 39,500 m).

- CR1616A gold coin has been created from virgin gold as a raffle based on playtime. Only 24 units were created and this is going to be even more rare when the "constant raffle" starts.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Spend ~123 XMR in the process. What a waste of money.

Here's what I consumed:

AYA   1
CLXII   1
CVS   1
COH   2
SW3   2
CAV   3
LAG   4
CXO   5
VOD   5
MUS   10
RME   10
W1602   10
W1603A   11
W1609   20
BEER   21
MEAD   40
CIG   45
FOIE   52
GIN   70
VEG   70
MEAT   75
CAN   142

fun fact: google docs made CAN green Smiley

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

Advance warning: silver conversion price is defined in terms of gold midprice. The current rate 1 IC = 2 CKS corresponds to 800,000 m/CKG. The next rate 1 IC = 1 CKS corresponds to 1,600,000 m/CKG. We have been over the midpoint already, especially in geometric terms. It is possible any time now, for silver conversion rate to reset to 1:1, making silver double as expensive as now, and when the rate is changed, it is unlikely to come back.

I'm reading this to mean "silver will likely become a lot more valuable" and because of this, I bought a bit...
Spend ~123 XMR in the process. What a waste of money.

Here's what I consumed:

AYA   1
CLXII   1
CVS   1
COH   2
SW3   2
CAV   3
LAG   4
CXO   5
VOD   5
MUS   10
RME   10
W1602   10
W1603A   11
W1609   20
BEER   21
MEAD   40
CIG   45
FOIE   52
GIN   70
VEG   70
MEAT   75
CAN   142

fun fact: google docs made CAN green Smiley
donator
Health Challenge 1616

The merchant convoy sent to bring wisdom to our distant country does not seem to fare well concerning their own health. We can deduce many symptoms of some exotic condition. The communication is not too easy, but possibly they had made a trip to the east before coming to our lands. One is vomiting hardly and another one looks like Chinese in the face, but not in a way that he seems to enjoy...

It is more than likely that this is contagious, since even I am feeling a sore throat and dizziness in thinking. They are pointing that a certain drink may be quite powerful against the disease. We have to find out what that is, so that all citizens can consume at least some of it so that this year's challenge could actually turn out easier than the last one.

The challenge will be reset in less than 24 hours. The current 1615 challenge is open until that and consumption works normally. Some people suffered from a bug that did not reduce their reported remaining amount but their consumptions will be taken into account nevertheless.

Guidelines for Town-appointed Provider of Foods and Consumer of Foods officials.

Town will appoint from among the councillors the Provider of Foods, who controls the food supply in those items that are brought by the peasants or similar. They will seem that they are sold by the Town.

VEG yearly cycle is as follows: When year change happens, it is new years, which is close to midwinter. At this time, a sizable percentage of VEG is destroyed by MERGE command (spoils). In about Wednesday, it is springtime, and another destruction round occurs. Starting from Thursday, new VEG will be brought to market in increasing quantities that the price will in most years go to 1,000 or even lower by Friday-Saturday. The Provider of Foods throws a die beforehand to determine if the year is normal or troubled. In troubled years, less VEG comes to market so the price will stay higher throughout the year.

MEAT usually comes to market in the beginning of year (Mon-Tue) and again near the end of year (Sat-Sun), because hunting season is in the winter. Since MEAT is a conserve, its price should be pretty stable so that MEAT costs about 4-5k more than VEG, and if this is exceeded, the provider brings more MEAT for sale (during those times).

FOIE is very stable as the geese have one liver each and they are domesticated so supply is fixed. It comes near the end of the year so that the new stock can be used to give the final touch to the previous year challenge, or plan the new one.

CAV only comes when a big fish is found, and in very small quantities as little as 10-50*CAV at a time. The estimated healthiness has been revised up, because many have reported babies being born a few months after CAV consumption. CAV is prone to spoiling and a significant reduction to CAV stock happens weekly (SPOIL command) at a random time.

MEAD is for some time more a Town monopoly, guaranteeing that the moderately-healthy drink is available at 1,000/unit.

BEER production will be opened up. The production will remain standardised so that all BEER is fungible. As NPC will start to drink BEER as well, we need new breweries. More about this will be coming later.

WINEs will mainly have one opportunity for purchasing with IC, occasionally more though. Then they will just mature in the cellars, reach peak, decline, and turn to vinegar. Wines that have reached vinegar taste, will be removed from WINE drink type, and are no longer consumable. They will be collectibles instead. W1601 is nearing this very soon.

SPI (with the exception of VOD) are limited batches with very varied ways of coming to existence.

CAN will later be possible to be grown in the sunny side of the house for personal consumption. Because it is small volume and weight, the peasants will bring more CAN to the market if the price is good. During the initial frenzy, CAN reached a much higher price than it enjoys even a few days' distance from here, but the merchants will over time compete with each other to bring the price in the line with the villages. Hopefully we manage to collect such huge stocks of CAN that the consumption is not hindered even if the town was sieged!

SHI no new is planned after this initial sale. This is an exotic product, very good for luxury lifestyle and getting the variety bonuses.

CIG is somewhat difficult to get, they need to be well-preserved to be worth buying. In addition, Town has 10,000 import tax per unit from now on. For some time, do not expect new.

MUS is a potent wisdom drug, not that much in health side unless you have bipolar... It is unknown how more will come to the market, but since it is dried and does not spoil, it will probably make sense to buy at the prevailing levels.

COH it was part of the deal that this is a super luxurious product: the best cigar in existence, and no more will ever be available than these originally only 1,000 pieces.

AYA we have not even organized the real ceremony yet, and perhaps should not be, until we have the wisdom subsystem. This is a "regular" product meaning more can be coming, but this does not happen until we have a good feeling how it works etc., coming only in the decades, not years.

Provider's job

Bring more stuff to the market so that the above things are fulfilled. (VEG, MEAT, MEAD, CAN). I will make the more rare products.

Consumer's job

The town has 1,000 NPC who participate in eating. They need on average the following amounts of products per year:

VEG (they eat their own, no effect)
30,000*MEAT (quota to spend: 150 mil)
1,000*FOIE (quota to spend: 50 mil)

MEAD (they drink their own, no effect)
50,000*BEER (quota to spend: 200 mil)
4,000*WINE (quota to spend: 200 mil)
spirits (quota to spend: 100 mil)

CAN (they smoke their own, no effect)
quota for others: 50 mil

In total, the Consumer must keep the NPC in good health by spending this 750 mil wisely and according to orders (I will give more exact orders).

NPC consumer will have a new Character to do the consuming, according to season, about evenly throughout the year, to also simulate the frequencyBonus.
donator
IC spending opportunity! HOOkahs, SHIsha, and TS161 silver coins at the old conversion rate!

Hello,

until otherwise announced (which will happen in 24-48 hours), all IC consumed now (command: CONSUME IC amount) will be manually parsed by admins to be converted to the following items:

If the total consumed by one command is divisible by 30 => 4*TS161 (12 CKS silver coin), 1*TS161 as tax to Town (per each 30IC consumed)
If the total consumed by one command is divisible by 23 => 1*HOO device required to consume SHI (per each 23IC consumed)
If the total consumed by one command is not divisible by either => 50*SHI (per each IC consumed)
If the total consumed by one command is divisible by both 23&30 => admin decides which one you get but not both

Back story. HM The King is an old friend of HIM The Shah, who sent a most elaborate Hookah as gift long time ago. The supply of consumable was consumed already in the ancient times though. He had learned of our misfortunes with health but also of our renewing desire to pursue Wisdom. He sent a convoy carrying a large amount of SHI and a few HOO as well, since he (correctly) identified that we can not make such devices with our imperfect skills in both glass and metal making.

The gift was originally intended for the King, but - lo and behold - We did not even have the required number of IC available to redeem it (since many ways to spend IC will soon surface)! The lot is now available as a public offering. Everyone can spend the amount of 23 IC to acquire an imported K5 item Hookah, after which it is possible to consume Wisdom substance SHIsha. The Shah says that in his country they smoke it as often as we do CAN, and it is made of the same stuff as CIG.

The offer is unlikely to repeat in the near future. Some say that SHI does not spoil but gets dry over decades though.
donator
According to the latest messengers, in Korea (where the Prince of Soul originally comes from), CAN is successfully used to treat health as well as wisdom. So we reaffirm that it has a health rating.
Jump to: