Author

Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City) - page 124. (Read 632672 times)

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1035
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
May I ask when is the new player tutorial coming? Also when is the gameplay going to be implemented?
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
At what point to you plan on asking Poloniex to begin trading CKG?

They actually promised to do it like 8 months ago. Then it was changed that it's "after the game is online". Now it has been online for about 1 month, but seemingly neither the Council nor Poloniex is too concerned  Grin

I believe our API allows integration if not atm, at least in 2 weeks.

There has been a huge buildup of interest to buy gold, and we still have not enabled even new player registration. It's interesting to see if the majority will just wait and see the price going up, or if they find the way to invest even during this time when it requires some imagination to do it  Wink
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
At what point to you plan on asking Poloniex to begin trading CKG?
donator
25,750 CAN has been given to all townspeople (250 each).

3,000 CIG has been given to nobles (5 CIG per each S-FOI distribution share)

80 MUS has been given to active_6h (5 MUS per every character logged in in 6 hours)

12 AYA has been given to councillors (2 per char).

At present, the item type Wisdom & Understanding is in the very end of the list, but it will be moved to the top soon.

CAN is currently going for about 12,000; CIG average about 40,000; MUS 350,000; AYA 10 mil

All profits of the initial distribution of wisdom and understanding go to Town #4 so basically we will be getting them as Gold dividends once dividing becomes possible (currently CKG is not an item, it is an item component, so ineligible to receive a dividend).
donator
Due to the just incredible interest in the Substances, we need to be prudent in the initial allocation. They are durable stuff that is very much needed, and the stock levels are usually high. Many of the items are in high demand with the peasants, and it has even been rumored that the item known as IC Point is actually a yearly dose of CAN...

While these rumors remain unsubstantiated for now, the thing remains that we seek to distribute the following amounts of the substances to be the initial stock:

100,000 units of CAN
10,000 units of CIG
1,000 units of MUS
100 units of AYA (although it is strongly adviced to be consumed in the traditional collective way).

For the approx 5 days from now, these will be dumped to the market so that the new ask is always lower than the best ask. This lets the buyers compete of the goods and find the balance price.

Also, direct distribution methods will be used to give small amounts to everyone (CAN) and nobles (CIG).

If you are interested in buying in quantity, IRC is the way to do it.

Once the initial distribution is over, the substances are immediately needed in health challenge and soon in wisdom&skills module.
donator
Yes, because it is not a game, it's more like a voluntary world. Nobody is responsible for getting new players to 'grasp it', at least not at present. Great opportunities for those who decide to shatter the frustration and learn it.

Speaking of which...

The substances of Wisdom and Understanding

As Health Challenge, and then many other important character-related modules, is approaching - the completion of the health consumables is probably in order.

So let us introduce Wisdom and Understanding item type, consisting of durable, consumable foods that can be used in moderation (200 units max per year) and contribute to a solid and truthful worldview, Wisdom, and health.

CAN is made of the most useful plant which grows everywhere and produces good yields. It is a mild effect and is cheap. In the new Building module, each commoner with a few extra sqm of land in his possession, can start to grow CAN and enjoy it.

CIG are imported from faraway lands. With more potency than CAN, they are also considerably more expensive.

MUS grow in forests in the countryside, as well as sometimes in the city. The preparation of them to be a safe consumable is not always easy, as knowledge about the effects has been suppressed by the Church who favor BEER (on which they have a monopoly). Getting good graded shrooms sets you back a lot but they are also pretty much mandatory to get to the higher levels of wisdom and understanding.

AYA is some weird stuff that haven't personally been able to even try yet. It is brought from distant lands and can only be properly consumed in a ceremony, so no individual consumption. It is rumored to not be very enjoyable (actually the enjoyment of these things goes down when potency goes up).

It makes sense to log in every once in a while, because we have this 6-hour script which not only Town, but many others are using as a basis for giving out freebies.

The wisdom and understanding substances are coming to the market as we speak... -----> Agora here we come!
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007
I gave the game a try some time ago and i have to say it toke me quite a while to understand what was really going on and how the things really work. Im very sure i only still managed to understand parts of it, never really played anything like it before.
I love the idea tho, the potential to be big is there Tongue
donator
Perhaps a shameless hijack is allowed from me this once...

I already mentioned of having had a long Bitnation crowdfunding round negotiation in Castle of Malla. Now we are moving on a little bit so it's possible to discuss about it and vote about your own feeling in a separate thread.

Getting to understand why either CK or Bitnation is so incredibly interesting and important is not easy. But they are, and there might be the opportunity soon to support the other as well as you have already successfully supported the one.

Please let's not talk more about this here though. That's why I started the other thread Smiley
donator
Parity Day

12. November 2015 (midsummer 1613) was the time when CKG:XMR ratio hit parity for the first time.

Gold was first sold in 17. October 2014 (1418) for 0.05 XMR. In a tad more than a year, we have managed to make it 20 times more valuable. Congratulations to all who own CKG!
donator
I bought 1 CON directly with the game, I have a feeling its one of the best assets to own in the game currently.

compounding [interest] is the most powerful force in the universe. - attributed to A. Einstein.

Ominously recorded 101 years ago in the facade of the building, situated in the lot forever to be the most expensive piece of land traded in the history of the game: *

The Bank - The CryptoMuseum - The Garden Hotel Bank

The Hypothecary Bank of CryptoTown, Lord Baron Jacket and His Majesty The King have joined forces and developed an immense 14-quadrat area in the Grand Hotel quarter. The development faces both Culture Square and the (unnamed) Main Street.

The Bank features wide and opulent carved wood staircases, 5-9 meter room heights, The Vault with a door visible to all entrants, a first-floor $$$$ restaurant with a gilded statue at entrance and high ambitions concerning food, directors' clubroom with balcony to the Culture Square in the top floor, and 150 square-meter luxury goods store with a streetcorner Champagne bar at the ground level. Outside below the roof at 16 m elevation are two golden inscriptions. Main Street side reads "Compound Interest is the Most" and Culture Square side reads "Powerful Force in the Universe".

*priced in CKG
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Monero House has donated 1000m to continuing MoneroMooo's excellent work on Monero core development.

Thanks to the late Marquess of Arda whose estate made this donation possible.

The Monero House endowment will continue its mission to provide funding for worthy Monero projects. Any additional donations and serious funding requests are always welcome.

Some have said that this is the first withdrawal from the Crypto Kingdom treasuries, but it is not true. According to my books, the Monero House made the first withdrawal almost one year ago, December 15th 2014, with a 150 XMR donation to Monero devs. It is an amazing feat to see the Monero House yield a 10x donation in this time. Congratulations.

Activity: 350

CON is doing quite positively, currently offering a 0.77% annual yield (49.0% realyearly). The price of one bond has risen 48% from the initial issue 8 years (2 months) ago. The main competitor, CKG, has risen about 15% in the same time. CON has also paid better dividends.

I bought 1 CON directly with the game, I have a feeling its one of the best assets to own in the game currently.

compounding [interest] is the most powerful force in the universe. - attributed to A. Einstein.

Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Monero House has donated 1000m to continuing MoneroMooo's excellent work on Monero core development.

Thanks to the late Marquess of Arda whose estate made this donation possible.

The Monero House endowment will continue its mission to provide funding for worthy Monero projects. Any additional donations and serious funding requests are always welcome.
donator
CKG price touched ATH today in XMR terms, with trades above 850,000. In BTC terms we are still 50% below peak, in fiat terms about 25% below.

ADD: CKG 930,000 now, and CON broke 15.0.

This is just the beginning. A supermove we last had almost a year ago, so the next one may be in the making...
donator
CON Auction Final Results

100 @ 13.5 NF
100 @ 13.5 FS
100 @ 13.1 OZ
160 @ 13.0 King
300 @ 13.0 Thud
------------------------
760*CON will be issued at 13.0

100 @ 13.0 Thud
200 @ 12.5 King
50 @ 12.5 NF
100 @ 12.5 FS
50 @ 12.5 NF
82 @ 12.1 OZ
200 @ 12.0 King
50 @ 12.0 Crichton
200 @ 11.5 King

CON is doing quite positively, currently offering a 0.77% annual yield (49.0% realyearly). The price of one bond has risen 48% from the initial issue 8 years (2 months) ago. The main competitor, CKG, has risen about 15% in the same time. CON has also paid better dividends.
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
CON Bids

North Face 100 @ 13.5
FS 100 @ 13.5
Activity: 266
Unicorn Corp (OZ) would like to raise their bid for CON:
82 @ 12.1
100 @ 13.1

(Unicorn corporation is not yet created in Ultima, so in case of winning the bid: money comes from / CON goes to: OZ)

Activity: 784
Merit: 501
CON Bids

North Face 100 @ 13
FS 100 @ 13
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Thud bids for CON auction

400 @ 13.0
donator