Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptocurrency to be accepted in shops by 2025? - page 59. (Read 5963 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 100
Cryptocurrencies are the payment system of the future. I think they will be accepted before 2025 in stores in general, partly because all the big countries have started, or will soon start, to regulate this sector, and then to accept cryptocurrencies as a legal payment system
Activity: 70
Merit: 3
First Decentralize Mobile Service Telecom Company
You could have added the word 'widely' to make the title of your thread post accurate. There are already some shops that have started accepting bitcoin as payment, so your post will not make sense to others since they think you mean shops will only start accepting cryptos by 2025.

The one who conducted the survey actually hosts people who love 'earning' a little income from answering surveys online. So I can't really say the 55% represents the general public accurately since most of the information about cryptocurrency is already probably known by these 'netizens' (unless they have members who just joined because they sincerely wanted to contribute their opinions even without pay --- which is highly unlikely).

2025? That's 7 years from now! When was the first bitcoin mined? January 2009 (that was like over 9 years ago). And what is the current status of bitcoin? Widely heard but still widely unknown (still many people don't understand how the blockchain technology works). So I'm not sure if I'm going to believe this survey that says after 7 years, it will be widely accepted in shops. I'm not saying it's impossible. I think, what should happen is that it should get rid of the 'middlemen' and the 'bad guys' first. The Cryptoworld expects that governments should soften their regulations against bitcoin so that its anonymity feature may function well. That there should be, as much as possible, NO KYC. Not so many shops will accept them if very few people use them. This means there should be a worldwide information drive about crypto. If this happens, then many people worldwide will start exploring cryptocurrency and start using it in exchanges. Along with these is also the abundance of fraudsters and scammers, which may still cause a large number of people to refuse using cryptocurrency. These bad guys will always cause the government to impose strict regulations on cryptocurrency, which is not good for crypto and its users. It is the middlemen (government, banks and other institutions that take some fees from us) that cryptocurrency would like to get rid of, but the same middlemen can help it at the moment against the group that can give it a bad name. Still a lot of complications, but the movement is getting more and more obvious. Smiley We will get there, but I'm not sure if 2025 will give cryptocurrency clear skies.
Activity: 462
Merit: 104
In Binance we trust!
Hope it will happen much earlier - in 2019 or 2020
Pages:
Jump to: