Author

Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development - page 221. (Read 172944 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Noticed the Cryptopia login screen is hanging my browser and eating 100% of one CPU core.
Are you mining there guys?
Activity: 254
Merit: 101
Cryptopia gets bashed whenever a coin has issues. People tend to talk shit until the problem is solved. The Cryptopia team have to solve a lot of problems that the coin developers should be solving - that is why some coins get delisted after the initial problem is solved.

Cryptopia has only recently grown to a big exchange. To some of us it is more like a big family.  Longterm members like myself are protective of this exchange.

EDIT: I notice that Cryptopia also now have issued an official response: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/News
This official response and your arguments are 100% fiction. Before the delisting Cryptopia wrote about some "enterprise level" wallet bullshit. Signatum devs are always in the discord and communicating with community almost every day. If cryptopia wrote here something like "sigt should update their leveldb version to 1.XX", than community immediately asked devs "WTF?" But they pointed this after delisting. That's why i think all those argumentation is bullshit like these "enterprise level" arguments.

P.S.
Pointing to the delisting reason after delisting really unprofessional and stupid.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
dodopool.com operator
Really good support for the 2 incidents I've had.

However it lags all the time, pretty bad in the afternoons EUTZ.
Other than that Cryptopia is one of the best.

sarcasm? plain troll? or just a cryptopia account?
Activity: 9
finally, thanks to cryptopia to release our funds after several weeks. As you may saw i have deleted a few posts but i must state that i regret after seeing the following bashing from your discord admins:

I noticed that the signatum.io website has crashed and that people are now complaining about issues with their personal wallets on reddit, steemit and bitcointalk.

Cryptopia gets bashed whenever a coin has issues. People tend to talk shit until the problem is solved. The Cryptopia team have to solve a lot of problems that the coin developers should be solving - that is why some coins get delisted after the initial problem is solved.

Cryptopia has only recently grown to a big exchange. To some of us it is more like a big family.  Longterm members like myself are protective of this exchange.

EDIT: I notice that Cryptopia also now have issued an official response: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/News
interesting hear the offical stanpoint. however not totally sure which side to belive.
we will see future of signatum and of cryptopia.
Activity: 82
I can't find google authy to lock my account all I see is pin code.. Where can I find google authy... I don't trust this code of a thing
Activity: 57
So is ti460 going to apologize as much as he did post FUD?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
xtraelv, you can fud and troll as much as you want with your cryptopia buddies, here, on twitter, reddit, 4chan, steemit, in the ann thread of signatum and in your own reality bubble (cryptopia discord), oh sorry, i mean in your familiy of course Cheesy the words and actions of the admins on discord speaks for itself as well as the official statement  (especially the last sentence), feel free to keep trying but the disinformation strategy will FAIL.

It isn't Cryptopia that FAKED emails and circulated on Twitter and 4chan.

Signatum claims to be Ddosed but their cloudflare is working fine.

Time will be the test.  Time will prove who the trolls and scammers are.

As you may saw i have deleted a few posts

Yes - I noticed. I stand by everything that I have said.
legendary
finally, thanks to cryptopia to release our funds after several weeks. As you may saw i have deleted a few posts but i must state that i regret after seeing the following bashing from your discord admins:

I noticed that the signatum.io website has crashed and that people are now complaining about issues with their personal wallets on reddit, steemit and bitcointalk.

legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 3114
Dont mess around   Smiley  !    Cheeers Hope the Sigt fans now happy as hell and i wish you good luck with the crapy wallet !   
legendary
signatum was the fist coin i every mined. i hadnt mine much compared to others but lost many coins because i didnt realize their wallet wasnt working.
fk them i get the same generic answer for ages and my coins are now lost forever? scammers.

What are you talking about ? The exchange wallet has been restored. Withdrawals can be made.

legendary

Holy Shit Indeed ! In 20y as software engineer I rarely saw such incompetence.

That is because it isn't true. I'm surprised that as an IT professional you didn't recognise nonsense.
Activity: 9
signatum was the fist coin i every mined. i hadnt mine much compared to others but lost many coins because i didnt realize their wallet wasnt working.
fk them i get the same generic answer for ages and my coins are now lost forever? scammers.
Activity: 606
Merit: 500
How much time your wallet team need to update source at UNIFY? It's already 2 weeks, Novaexchange did it in 2-3h... Your team is on holiday or what?

Status shows it is waiting for Unify Dev Team - not Cryptopia

Status is the same from the beginning, we sent the source code 2 weeks ago...

Ok, finally, Cryptopia resolved problem with UNIFY wallet... I hope this situation will not happen again in future...
Activity: 54

Just wait, you'll see. Hopefully you bail out before then.
Activity: 202
Find out who you are and do it on purpose

Activity: 54
Real professional of the Cryptopia staff to ban SIGT holders from their discord! Clock is ticking! Release the coins. I can promise you that your exchange will completely fold if this is not done immediately. This should be your #1 priority.
Activity: 44
Accept the fact you couldn't fix the issue and handle the questions and simply blame SIGT for the mistake on your side. Their DB is "tested with up to one billion 100-byte entries, i.e., ~100GB". Read it for yourself https://github.com/signatumd/source/blob/master/src/leveldb/NEWS. And FYI, Bitcoin and Litecoin uses the same DB. What reason are you going to come up with now?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.21956220
HOLY SHIT!

looking at the few wallet addresses posted here, looks like they did use SIGT wallet for internal transactions as well!

Of course it will not work, no other coin will work either... I am guessing they had the most number of transactions in SIGT.

What happens on a decent exchange?
Exchange gives you an address "deposit address" and go track it on coins explorer.
 - deposit coins to "deposit address"
 - once they are confirmed, they are immediately moved to "exchange address"
 - the amount you deposit, own, sold and bought all are recorded in an internal DB, Most exchanges use redis for good reason, a few uses mysql, oracle and postgres
 - blockchain is never used after that point unless you request a withdrawal

What were they thinking when they used wallets to hold real coins... I have a feeling most of their currencies will fail to import if their transactions/deposit/withdrawal counts increase.

Holy Shit Indeed ! In 20y as software engineer I rarely saw such incompetence.
Activity: 606
Merit: 500
How much time your wallet team need to update source at UNIFY? It's already 2 weeks, Novaexchange did it in 2-3h... Your team is on holiday or what?

Status shows it is waiting for Unify Dev Team - not Cryptopia

Status is the same from the beginning, we sent the source code 2 weeks ago...
Activity: 280
Accept the fact you couldn't fix the issue and handle the questions and simply blame SIGT for the mistake on your side. Their DB is "tested with up to one billion 100-byte entries, i.e., ~100GB". Read it for yourself https://github.com/signatumd/source/blob/master/src/leveldb/NEWS. And FYI, Bitcoin and Litecoin uses the same DB. What reason are you going to come up with now?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.21956220
HOLY SHIT!

looking at the few wallet addresses posted here, looks like they did use SIGT wallet for internal transactions as well!

Of course it will not work, no other coin will work either... I am guessing they had the most number of transactions in SIGT.

What happens on a decent exchange?
Exchange gives you an address "deposit address" and go track it on coins explorer.
 - deposit coins to "deposit address"
 - once they are confirmed, they are immediately moved to "exchange address"
 - the amount you deposit, own, sold and bought all are recorded in an internal DB, Most exchanges use redis for good reason, a few uses mysql, oracle and postgres
 - blockchain is never used after that point unless you request a withdrawal

What were they thinking when they used wallets to hold real coins... I have a feeling most of their currencies will fail to import if their transactions/deposit/withdrawal counts increase.
Jump to: