Pages:
Author

Topic: Cryptsy Hack Resolution - 3rd dispatch posted - page 14. (Read 44975 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510
The lawyers aren't tech savvy they will just take your money. I'm not bureaucratic scum I know how to actually recover the coins.

Why are you still posting on here CrackHead/Eternal Insolent/Cryptcracker?  Seriously, why do you think anyone believes you?  We all know you are a troll.  Although it is slightly amusing to see what you will come up with next so we can have a good laugh. Grin Grin Grin

I give CryptCracker the benefit of the doubt.  If he can do what he says he can, great.  If not, its not like he is costing us to lose anything.

I'm not buying it at all.  He could easily prove it if he was legit.  He's just stringing you all along for as long as he can.
Activity: 306
Merit: 252
Supposedly in Chinese Prison they beat the prisoners with 2x4s with nails sticking out of them and force them to chant communist slogans. Does the government extradite from China? I think it would be great if the coins coins be recovered. Vern needs someone to recover the coins or else buy him out, if one of these things happens soon enough I think he can avoid going to jail. If Cryptsy can manage to get bailed out real soon he can probably turn it around. After the lawsuit begins, it will be hard for him to stay out of jail. Showing up in court and at depositions and pleading the 5th will just make him look even guiltier. Avoiding the whole thing will make him look guilty and then he'd potentially lose a judgment by default.. Answering questions under oath he will likely incriminate himself if he does answer. The longer it takes for the coins to be recovered or for Cryptsy to secure a bail out the more chance Vern has of going to jail. He should want to sell Cryptsy at any cost since it is a huge liability for him at this point. If he can recover the coins or sell Cryptsy to a buyer who can payout the customers I think he can probably avoid jail. I think that's what would be best for the customers as well. Perhaps a rich chinese millionaire investment group could buy Cryptsy, pay out customers, and then Vern would probably have the heat off him and go on with life.

Vern will never come back to the US to fight the lawsuit. EVER. There is no point, he has no defense. Whatever he wants to say about the hack, all coins lost after that hack are on him and his staff. Cryptsy stole the users funds in the end... the hacker stole some and cryptsy stole the rest.
Even if he came back to fight it, he would loose, and he doesn't have 10 million laying about to settle the judgement so it would be worthless.
China has no extradition treaties with the US (except Hong Kong) so he would have no incentive to ever leave China. 

Face it... the money is gone. The rest of this is all just for show.
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
Silver Law Group is in my town,.. actually 5 minutes away.  I pass them just about every day... I should drop in and plead my case of what happened with my currency and see what they can do?

Great, and tell them the event took place in July 2014, NOT June 2014, as they penned on the legal documents already in a judge's hands.
Activity: 142
Merit: 101
Silver Law Group is in my town,.. actually 5 minutes away.  I pass them just about every day... I should drop in and plead my case of what happened with my currency and see what they can do?
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
Supposedly in Chinese Prison they beat the prisoners with 2x4s with nails sticking out of them and force them to chant communist slogans. Does the government extradite from China? I think it would be great if the coins coins be recovered. Vern needs someone to recover the coins or else buy him out, if one of these things happens soon enough I think he can avoid going to jail. If Cryptsy can manage to get bailed out real soon he can probably turn it around. After the lawsuit begins, it will be hard for him to stay out of jail. Showing up in court and at depositions and pleading the 5th will just make him look even guiltier. Avoiding the whole thing will make him look guilty and then he'd potentially lose a judgment by default.. Answering questions under oath he will likely incriminate himself if he does answer. The longer it takes for the coins to be recovered or for Cryptsy to secure a bail out the more chance Vern has of going to jail. He should want to sell Cryptsy at any cost since it is a huge liability for him at this point. If he can recover the coins or sell Cryptsy to a buyer who can payout the customers I think he can probably avoid jail. I think that's what would be best for the customers as well. Perhaps a rich chinese millionaire investment group could buy Cryptsy, pay out customers, and then Vern would probably have the heat off him and go on with life.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
The screwed up thing about class action lawsuits is that its another form of theft for those that aren't able to contract the attorneys to recover their funds.

What will happen is, any funds recovered for those who have contacted them will go into an account.  There will be many more funds unclaimed than claimed due to the fact that the majority of people who've lost funds are unable to contract the attorneys due to not being US citizens or other various reasons.

The court can then distribute all unclaimed funds to those who have claimed funds through contracts with the attorneys, meaning, those who have filed for the lawsuit will end up getting ALL of the funds recovered through several rounds of distribution of unclaimed funds after they receive their initial settlement for their own personal claim.

After they receive their settlement claim, any unclaimed funds will then be distributed by the court, but the court can only distribute funds to those who initially filed claims.

This is why usually in class actions, a few victims make out while the majority of victims get nothing.

Last clause of contract with Silverlaw:

By my signature on this contract, I certify that I am a citizen of the United States of America, or in the1
alternative, that I am a legal resident residing in the United States of America; if I am neither a United
States citizen or legal resident, I have attached a currently valid governmental-issued photo identification
card, passport, or equivalent paperwork.

What do you think about the last clause of the contract with Silverlaw?. I didn't join yet. I am neither american nor resident in the US. I don't know if I am going to have the same rights as other americans. I am not an expert in american law. I consulted a canadian friend who told me that the contract was a ripoff. I would like a second opinion.

Thanks

Well I haven't joined and I am a US citizen.  The reason I haven't joined is because I have already participated in class action lawsuits in the past and I've been lucky to recover even 3% of what I've lost in previous scams.   What really bothers me about class action lawsuits is the unclaimed fund distribution because you only have 90 days to cash the check and in many cases people don't even know they have a check coming because it can be years after the lawsuits was filed, and it goes to a previous address or whatnot and after 90 days the court will distribute the funds again and this time anyone who hasn't cashed a check gets left out and the distribution rounds continue in that manner until all funds are distributed.

So some people will get something back and others will get nothing, even if they were part of the initial settlement.  

So I see that it is better to not to join and wait. Thank you for sharing. Imaging that lucky 3% of the funds recovered + having it transfered back to Europe. Literally it will be a dust transaction.

I can't really advise you on what to do but in my case I'll wait and see what happens.  I figured the most they could do for me was recover a very small percentage after their fees and wasn't really worth the ink to sign the contract.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
The screwed up thing about class action lawsuits is that its another form of theft for those that aren't able to contract the attorneys to recover their funds.

What will happen is, any funds recovered for those who have contacted them will go into an account.  There will be many more funds unclaimed than claimed due to the fact that the majority of people who've lost funds are unable to contract the attorneys due to not being US citizens or other various reasons.

The court can then distribute all unclaimed funds to those who have claimed funds through contracts with the attorneys, meaning, those who have filed for the lawsuit will end up getting ALL of the funds recovered through several rounds of distribution of unclaimed funds after they receive their initial settlement for their own personal claim.

After they receive their settlement claim, any unclaimed funds will then be distributed by the court, but the court can only distribute funds to those who initially filed claims.

This is why usually in class actions, a few victims make out while the majority of victims get nothing.

By my signature on this contract, I certify that I am a citizen of the United States of America, or in the1
alternative, that I am a legal resident residing in the United States of America; if I am neither a United
States citizen or legal resident, I have attached a currently valid governmental-issued photo identification

What do you think about the last clause of the contract with Silverlaw?. I didn't join yet. I am neither american nor resident in the US. I don't know if I am going to have the same rights as other americans. I am not an expert in american law. I consulted a canadian friend who told me that the contract was a ripoff. I would like a second opinion.

Thanks

Well I haven't joined and I am a US citizen.  The reason I haven't joined is because I have already participated in class action lawsuits in the past and I've been lucky to recover even 3% of what I've lost in previous scams.   What really bothers me about class action lawsuits is the unclaimed fund distribution because you only have 90 days to cash the check and in many cases people don't even know they have a check coming because it can be years after the lawsuits was filed, and it goes to a previous address or whatnot and after 90 days the court will distribute the funds again and this time anyone who hasn't cashed a check gets left out and the distribution rounds continue in that manner until all funds are distributed.

So some people will get something back and others will get nothing, even if they were part of the initial settlement.  

So I see that it is better to not to join and wait. Thank you for sharing. Imaging that lucky 3% of the funds recovered + having it transfered back to Europe. Literally it will be a dust transaction.
Now the odd part about this class action settlement is that they asked people to sign a contract.  I've participated in several class action lawsuits, received payments, and have never once signed any contract with a law firm in any of those instances.  Although in those instances there was already a class action filed against those companies and I just got added to the list without ever being asked to sign anything.

Thank you. Very interesting. You match what the canadian friend told me. It is my first class action lawsuit so I don't know. I was trying to contact the lawyers to clarify these points with them but they do not reply to my emails.

Thanks.
The lawyers aren't tech savvy they will just take your money. I'm not bureaucratic scum I know how to actually recover the coins.

Why are you still posting on here CrackHead/Eternal Insolent/Cryptcracker?  Seriously, why do you think anyone believes you?  We all know you are a troll.  Although it is slightly amusing to see what you will come up with next so we can have a good laugh. Grin Grin Grin

I give CryptCracker the benefit of the doubt.  If he can do what he says he can, great.  If not, its not like he is costing us to lose anything.
Now the odd part about this class action settlement is that they asked people to sign a contract.  I've participated in several class action lawsuits, received payments, and have never once signed any contract with a law firm in any of those instances.  Although in those instances there was already a class action filed against those companies and I just got added to the list without ever being asked to sign anything.

I think we have to prove that we are customers.  I think I have done this before with other class action lawsuits.  I think it is sometimes done after a judgment is awarded.  Also, in this case, they don't know how many US customers they are dealing with so it may help with the evidence against cryptsy to show this.
As an example, I worked for a large technical support company and they were not paying their employees all of their wages and other employees filed a class action lawsuit against them, however, I never signed up for it or agreed to anything but today I get checks in the mail from pay I was due over 15 years ago.

Thanks

Yes, you can all split the -0- bitcoins left in cryptsy. Everyone who signs up will get an equal share, and the people who dont will all have to split the rest of -0-
[/quote]

I know Smiley. But I meant legally. I am curious if I am just signing a toilet paper not being US resident.

Thanks

Activity: 306
Merit: 252

Thanks

[/quote]

Yes, you can all split the -0- bitcoins left in cryptsy. Everyone who signs up will get an equal share, and the people who dont will all have to split the rest of -0-
Activity: 466
I'm glad that, thanks to the miracle of cryptocurrency, the best form of recourse you have is "publicly beg criminal to give back money"

Thanks

vip
I have a hunch as to who Cryptcracker may be:

John Fitzpatrick or Craig Wright (respectively). Either one, especially the later, would try to use the signed contract with Paul Vernon of Cryptsy as collateral to obtain a loan if not try to sell it outright.

and here I thought it was this guy  Shocked

https://www.blogger.com/profile/02829433847798847433

I eliminated him when this thread first came to light. Wrong dude.
vip

Lawyers are also not fecal matter savvy, hence obtaining experts in the field when the need arises when pursuing a case requiring said experts... same true for tech - ANY TECH, including Bitcoin et al.

Dude, you are seriously one fucked up in the head dude!
Pages:
Jump to: