Pages:
Author

Topic: [DASH/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins (MUST READ) - page 15. (Read 33664 times)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100
When DRK made a marriage proposal with SDC, I saw a lot of SDC bag holders pressuring the SDC dev to refuse the junction, right now stop crying ... SDC could cost a truck of money if you had done the deal with DRK... Now you are begging for investors of DRK and MONERO for that they put money in SDC and even worse, you are trying to denigrate the image of these coins as you  done with several other coins.

When will you ever learn?

#bad deal  #poor forever.
Activity: 168
I suppose it's because everyone is talking about Monero or Darkcoin. Injecting comments about SDC everywhere is quite annoying to see.

Dude: an SDC member (i think) started the thread.
And the Chart (which started this whole debate) was inspired by the Shadow community.

Fair point, this thread is not an example of SDC spamming. SDC is right in the subject so clearly it is on topic (though there are many other examples). It is an example of ignorant nonsense showing no understanding of how cryptocurrencies work (including their own) being frequently throw out by SDC supporters, as illodin very well identified. I don't always agree with illodin but in this case he's absolutely right.

Dammit. You're a cold-blooded bastard.
SDC got more than XMR. Hands down. (see chart/search heart)
End of. What manner of man r u?…
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I suppose it's because everyone is talking about Monero or Darkcoin. Injecting comments about SDC everywhere is quite annoying to see.

And the Chart (which started this whole debate) was inspired by the Shadow community.

Fair point, this thread is not an example of SDC spamming. SDC is right in the subject so clearly it is on topic (though there are many other examples). It is an example of ignorant nonsense showing no understanding of how cryptocurrencies work (including their own) being frequently throw out by SDC supporters, as illodin very well identified. I don't always agree with illodin but in this case he's absolutely right.

legendary
dev for SDC.

Enough said, and I'm sure you agree.

I won't be giving my masternode logs to him.

Everyone has a price right? Where did I read that?

@smooth

Pls clarify what you mean. (I made it large and bold. see above. ty.)

SDC people run all over these forums pumping their shit. Its the most blatantly overpromoted coin on this entire forum, and furthermore there are constantly ignorant technical comments made by them about how it is like zerocoin because it has minting, isn't copied from cryptonote, zero-knowledge anonymity, etc. (all false).

It's annoying as all fuck, and its not even done by third party trolls trying to create a backlash the way a lot of the Monero faux-shilling has been. It's actual SDC supporters spamming everywhere.

I am Monero core team. If you think I'm biased, ignorant or a pumper, ignore my posts please.

FUD alert.

Opinion not FUD

FUD = fear, uncertainty, and doubt.

My post promoted none of those, it described what I have seen about your group's behavior. It didn't even say anything about about the coin per se, just about the idiots who post about it.

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
eidoo wallet
Activity: 448
dev for SDC.

@smooth

SDC people run all over these forums pumping their shit. Its the most blatantly overpromoted coin on this entire forum, and furthermore there are constantly ignorant technical comments made by them about how it is like zerocoin because it has minting, isn't copied from cryptonote, zero-knowledge anonymity, etc. (all false).

It's annoying as all fuck, and its not even done by third party trolls trying to create a backlash the way a lot of the Monero faux-shilling has been. It's actual SDC supporters spamming everywhere.

I am Monero core team. If you think I'm biased, ignorant or a pumper, ignore my posts please.

FUD alert.

Huh

pumping shit?
overpromoted?

What just happened? Why'd u get angry? U know full well Shadow has solid tech?!

The SDC community inspired this chart
It is now in the whole crypto-community's hands...
TBH I aint seen any better attempts at inspiring a debate to get some answers

smooth? did u lose ur cool?

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Masternodes are centralized because they are hosted on servers online, which are centralized. The large majority of masternode owners host their nodes on the internet, I'd say that's pretty centralized.

Were else does a digital currency live?

You are an idiot. If it's on the internet its centralized. Where is this off planet distributed system you are alluding to?

Obviously by the internet, I meant servers such as those provided by Amazon which is exactly what I typed above the text enlarged, dont be a troll. Does hosting bitcoin nodes online impact the currency in any negative way that might hinder it's most important features? No, but hosting darkcoin's masternodes on servers online, of which most are, could potentially end darkoin's anonymity for a undefined amount of time should an attacker take down the servers drk's masternodes are hosted on.

Or if a certain government owns those servers already, directly or indirectly.
legendary
dev for SDC.

@smooth

dev for SDC.

@smooth

p.s. what is ur relationship with Monero? (Dev/Team/Other/Misc)
legendary
dev for SDC.

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
However, you strongly oppose WikiLeaks and everyone who supports it, and want to know who that B5 is. You import private key of the address B5, and then what?

Consult the masternode logs. Profit.

Besides, he claimed if he has the private keys he can de-anonymize 100% of the network. And he is actually a dev for SDC. Maybe he develops style sheets for the HTML wallet dunno.

legendary
Firstly, if the cryptography is compromised the least of my worries is remaining anonymous; you would have alot of other things to worry about.
Secondly, there is something called "stealth address" oh and of-course if that cryptography is broken well then sir you have more more to worry about than remaining anonymous.
Thirdly, see 1 and 2 and oh yeah why not send a note to Satoshi about it whilst you was as it about how dumb his idea was of creating a crypto currency.

That is a very common fallacy. Or maybe you just have nothing to hide?

When the cryptography securing on chain anonymity is broken, everything in there will be revealed. New algorithms will be implemented to secure everything else from future attacks like your coins so they can't be stolen, but what has been put into the chain will be there and can't be made anymore secure.

In order to "reveal everything" you would have to break both unlinkability and untracability. These come from two entirely different cryptographic methods (ring signatures based on EdDSA, and ECDH). If one or the other were broken there would be some degree of leakage but far from a total reveal.

In the event that one or the other were broken, it would be replaced, coins could be moved around some more and linkages to the past severed. Only a double-break would expose everything.

Furthermore there is always some degree of off-chain mixing that occurs naturally in an economy as coins move through merchants, exchanges, p2p casual transactions, gambling sites, lending, etc. much as happens naturally with cash. Are you aware that some (?) banks now record the serial numbers of cash going in and out for each customer using a scanner? Yet because cash moves around "off-chain" in the normal economy, cash transactions between private parties are still fairly private. Likewise even total exposure of the blockchain would still leave a lot of questions unanswered. This is true of Bitcoin as well of course.

Activity: 504
eidoo wallet

Masternodes are centralized because they are hosted on servers online, which are centralized. The large majority of masternode owners host their nodes on the internet, I'd say that's pretty centralized.

Were else does a digital currency live?

You are an idiot. If it's on the internet its centralized. Where is this off planet distributed system you are alluding to?

Obviously by the internet, I meant servers such as those provided by Amazon which is exactly what I typed above the text enlarged, dont be a troll. Does hosting bitcoin nodes online impact the currency in any negative way that might hinder it's most important features? No, but hosting darkcoin's masternodes on servers online, of which most are, could potentially end darkoin's anonymity for a undefined amount of time should an attacker take down the servers drk's masternodes are hosted on.
legendary
Take the time and can unravel the "randomization" - well that's what it's designed to prevent. It removes the link from inputs to outputs. There is no correlation in the blockchain anymore.

It isn't true there is "no correlation." Obviously there are all sorts of correlative coinjoin attacks, timing attacks, sybil attacks, etc. That's why darksend does what it does with mixing ahead of time, multiple rounds, denominations, etc. -- to try to defeat these correlations over multiple rounds. However, there is really no way to know how many rounds are needed, how long to wait after receiving coins to start mixing them, how long after mixing to use them, etc. Are 3 rounds enough or do you need 300?

The mathematical analysis that is presented on this to give numbers like 0.0000001% is flawed and deliberately misleading. They are mostly treating as independent events things which may not be independent and also are assuming an ideal model with no leaks (even probabilistic) in each stage. I don't believe it is possible to accurately compute these numbers in a real-world adversarial context. And that's just for public blockchain analysis. Once you include additional information from masternode logs the problem gets even messier.

To be fair various combinatorial, timing, etc. attacks exist with cryptographically-private systems such as cryptonote too. The main difference is the lack of additional inputs (masternode logs) from untrustable third parties, and also the lack of a simultaneity requirement for mixing.

legendary
However, you strongly oppose WikiLeaks and everyone who supports it, and want to know who that B5 is. You import private key of the address B5, and then what?

Consult the masternode logs. Profit.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
But if you want to play this game lets play.

For arguments sake lets say ECDSA is broken ... so now for every address that has ever made a transaction we can derive the private key.
So as a average crypto user; I could simple import this private key into my wallet and reindex. Voila! I now have every transaction that address every made. Good luck with your dual network or whatever you call it as simple chain analysis will reveal all!

Darksend does not reuse addresses.

And that is all you can say? whether it uses or not is irrelevant ... I can de-anonymize 100% of the network for all completed transactions.

I buy Darkcoins from a party that is KYC compliant, and transfer them to my wallet address A. Now the address A can be linked to me.

Next I put them through the Darksend mixing process, and now instead of having coins in address A, I have coins in addresses B1, ..., B10 for example. Then I proceed to spend the money in address B5 by sending it to a public donation address of WikiLeaks.

I'm no cryptography expert or part of any dev team so could you please explain that example I gave.

Firstly I am not cryptography expert or ever claimed to be.

Secondly I have already answered this ... if ECDSA is cracked all your DRK funds, private keys, transactions are mine.

Can you simply explain how you are going to link the donation to WikiLeaks address to my known address A. Because that's what you said, you "can de-anonymize 100% of the network".
Activity: 532
Sounds like a mixer, prolly taken from TIPS/Fedoracoin, which was the first with an inbuilt mixer in the wallet.

Not worth talking about.
Activity: 448
Smiley
that is a biaised "comparison". goal = promo for shadowcoin.

i like how the subject say "...the most known..."  like, is SDC really that known?

where is navajo? where is stealthcoin?  and there are others too...

I don't think navajo is worthy to be added since it is a centralized system with no plan on how to decentralize it, from my understanding.  From section 2.2.8 of their whitepaper:

Node Maintenance

The nodes will be decentralized, but to begin
with they will be maintained by the Navajo
Coin Foundation. We are working to find a
secure way that we could distribute the code
for users to setup their own nodes, while still
being able to guarantee the integrity of the
Anonymous Network

http://navajocoin.org/files/navajo_whitepaper_march2015.pdf

I asked about this in their thread and they simply told me that it is still the best anon coin ever, even this way.  Yet it seems doubtful.
Pages:
Jump to: