Pages:
Author

Topic: [DASH/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins (MUST READ) - page 12. (Read 33664 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
1. You/drk fanboy started this convo by saying cryptographically secured anonymous transactions are flawed to which I responded.

I don't remember anyone saying it's flawed, just that it has risks that are different than the risks in off chain anonymity.

It was in another thread also below..

The problem is that while it might be very secure in terms of 'hiding' a transaction, cryptonote puts all its eggs in one basket - a totally centralised solution. Break the cryptonote algo and you've rendered the entire money supply useless with subsequent collapse of the whole financial system based around that currency.

Now tell me how is that any difference to what would happen to DRK if ECDSA was cracked? not only is the entire DRK money supply on the line but I can pull a list of 2000 public address to raid first Wink
You cannot use one argument to suit DRK and then ignore the profound effect it has itself on DRK.

Imagine that some research lab or university or other party informs that they have or are close to having a math or technological breakthrough that will allow decrypting all or some of the current encryptions, and before they will release the math or tech they will release new improved cryptographic algorithms or suggest other algorithms that are resistant to the new technology.

DRK and BTC and any application that relies on now soon to be vulnerable cryptography can switch algorithms and the coins will be safe. It's not gonna happen in a way where all of a sudden anyone can download a decrypter or order a quantum computer from newegg and start moving coins from other people's accounts.

But encrypted sensitive data that is released out to the world in the past can't be made anymore safer. I'm not fudding, I believe everyone agrees the risk near term is very small, I'm just explaining the difference to you.

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
Smooth, you have stated that a considerable amount of work has gone into SDC, yet you still call it a scam.  

True and true. I explained further on this thread. There is a brand of scam that involves cloning something with no substance and then pumping it (for example several hundred alts). There is another brand of scam that involves doing some development and then promoting it in an aggressive and deliberately misleading and deceptive way (for example SDC or BCN, although BCN's substantive contribution to cryptotechnology was vastly more than SDCs).

You are completly wrong on that, please stop making false asumptions just based on your point of view. You should research more deeply into that, have you ever talked to Ryno or a Shadow developer ? Lot of false ideas on Shadow can be seen everywhere on this forum, but it's not making it reals.

For example I always thought that Monero had a bigger team than Shadow (because everyone says that) and weirdly at David presentation yesterday in Paris I discovered that Monero team is the same size as Shadow's (yes, real developers ^^").

I really hate this stupid fight between Monero and Shadow, I am the one who suggested to David to take part in yesterday fintech meetup in Paris to present Monero, I don't see the point in fighting like that. Monero is focusing more on the currency use when Shadow is looking more at the blockchain use. There is no reason to fight, we could help each other, that's what open-source projects are for  Smiley

p.s: For me it doesn't apply to DASH, which is looking more and more like a company owning a blockchain.
p.s.2: Yes, some SDC supporters are promoting the coin everywhere, because they've seen that this project is solid, but not enough recognized. It may be a bad communication move, but you should understand that, i've seen monero supporters doing that a lot on DRK threads.
Activity: 503
Merit: 500
You obviously don't want to understand that your blockchain parser is broken/incomplete.

Fun Fact: The more the tokens are used, the weaker gets your PoS chain security, and if the Tokens aren't widely used they are useless for anonymity. Find the flaw.

One thing preventing that is the exchanges (so far) only use SDC. That may change, and there will probably be a market for private SDT/fiat exchange once the dark market people get busy with it.

The other thing is the rather high SDT transaction fee. It seems to me that the future of any coin depends on its transaction fee structure, be it PoS or PoW. SDC stakers receive those fees, and on top of the 2% inflation it's not something the large holders are going to give up by not converting their tokens back to SDC.

Either way I'm not too concerned about corruption of the blockchain of any PoS coin, because it would be irrational for a malicious actor to acquire enough coin to do something like this and then render his holdings worthless by attacking the blockchain.
Activity: 725
Merit: 501
Boycott Qatar 2022
And what brand of scam is Monero?

Judge for yourself.

The coin that gets relentlessly promoted is Monero, you and your buddies are all over this forum 24/7 and you have the nerve to accuse Shadow of that.  wtf

In your rush to create a false moral equivalence, you dropped a few important words there. In particular "deceptive" and "misleading"

If I've said anything deceptive or misleading about Monero, please let me know so I can correct it.

Okay I will add those words about you and your style.  You are deceptive and misleading as well as arrogant, ignorant, sly and narcissistic. 
Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Just for yourself.

The coin that gets relentlessly promoted is Monero, you and your buddies are all over this forum 24/7 and you have the nerve to accuse Shadow of that.  wtf

In your rush to create a false moral equivalence, you dropped a few important words there. In particular "deceptive" and "misleading"

If I've said anything deceptive or misleading about Monero, please let me know so I can correct it.

I don't know if you said anything misleading about Monero, but you said misleading things about Shadow that is for sure.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Judge for yourself.

Boycott Qatar 2022
Smooth, you have stated that a considerable amount of work has gone into SDC, yet you still call it a scam.  

True and true. I explained further on this thread. There is a brand of scam that involves cloning something with no substance and then pumping it (for example several hundred alts). There is another brand of scam that involves doing some development and then promoting it in an aggressive and deliberately misleading and deceptive way (for example SDC or BCN, although BCN's substantive contribution to cryptotechnology was vastly more than SDCs).

And where and who are all these SDC pumpers you keep talking about

All over this damn forum. For example, there was a recently thread about "DRK vs. XMR". The SDC pumpers couldn't read the subject though, and decided that was a good place to start spewing the nonsense about tokens and zero knowledge and "not a copy of cryptonote" all the rest.

SDC is at .05 US

Ask yourself where it would be if it wasn't being relentlessly promoted.

Activity: 448

All over this damn forum. For example, there was a recently thread about "DRK vs. XMR". The SDC pumpers couldn't read the subject though, and decided that was a good place to start spewing the nonsense about tokens and zero knowledge and "not a copy of cryptonote" all the rest.

SDC is at .05 US

So I suppose Monero would be the former type of scam, because its a copy and paste fork of cryptonote/bytecoin.  Please let us know when you get a good working GUI wallet.  Shadow wallet has you defeated.
legendary

SDC is at .05 US

Boycott Qatar 2022

And where and who are all these SDC pumpers you keep talking about, SDC is at .05 US.  There are no pump groups in Shadow, which cant be said about Monero.  And the biggest pumper around here is you.

Instead of being on here 24 hours a day, why dont you go and build a working windows wallet that we can use for anon.  And when your so called tech catches up to SDC then you can come back.

Now take your insults and GTFO.
Activity: 168
You obviously don't want to understand that your blockchain parser is broken/incomplete.

Fun Fact: The more the tokens are used, the weaker gets your PoS chain security, and if the Tokens aren't widely used they are useless for anonymity. Find the flaw.

blockchain parser is broken/incomplete.? I'll wait 4 dasource to wake up… I doubt very much it is. Waiting 4 Dev comment.

The more the tokens are used, the weaker gets your PoS chain security

there r plenty of SDC in the system:

http://shadowchain.info/stats/shadow.php
Activity: 532

It does not work fine, it doesn't decode the opcode of your ringsig stuff because u never added parsing of your shit it to the ABE codebase;

What you just showed us is broken software that spits out gibberish and claim "this is anon".
Awesome try.

That's like feeding MP4 files to an old MP3 player....or even better sticking a Bluray into a DVD Player and calling it Anon.

Nice try tho - i am sure some people here fell for it.

SRy… unable to parse ur comment

nvm

dis how it works:

Shadow Tokens are like SDC only private. They are 1:1

SDC is a public token traceable and linkable on the blockchain
SDT is a private token untraceable and unlinkable on the blockchain
(props LiteBit)

so in-wallet u have the following send options

SDC>SDC (like BTC)
SDC>SDT (? Wink )
SDT>SDT (like CN/MMR)
SDT>SDC (? Wink )

examples:
SDT>SDT
http://www.shadowchain.info/tx/19edcfea81b9dd819f23d0b40db014ea172e5de8f0fa1a562c4569f824d4b347

SDT>SDC
http://www.shadowchain.info/tx/8ea055fdd5f5c4ce9dd687ab4842c783689c24c105f8271a373ab804fafb0aef

WHEN SDT (shadow tokens) r destroyed to craete SDC the SDC are birthed in a virgin addy on the chain, generated on the fly

Activity: 532
It does not work fine, it doesn't decode the opcode of your ringsig stuff because u never added parsing of your shit it to the ABE codebase;

What you just showed us is broken software that spits out gibberish and claim "this is anon".
Awesome try.

That's like feeding MP4 files to an old MP3 player....or even better sticking a Bluray into a DVD Player and calling it Anon.

Nice try tho - i am sure some people here fell for it.

How many rounds is that? It looks like the equivalent size of ten regular TX's.

was sent using 16 ring sigs

the explorer works fine btw smooth
happily my blunder demonstrates the duality of Shadow (XMR/CN + BTC)

YOU CANNOT SEE SENDER, RECEIVER OR AMOUNT
Activity: 658
The Buck Stops Here.
legendary
You know not of which you speak Sir Smooth
snipped

WTFF?

That's just a regular BTC-style transaction. Has nothing to do with anon at all.

Quote from: Propulsion
Wouldn't that create a huge blockchain size worse than Monero? -- which is already know for being huge

It would if anyone ever used SDC (with the default mix factor). Granted all cryptocurrencies (BTC included) are toys at this point.

Since I see the SDC pumpers are continuing to spew the same nonsense and vaporware claims I will just refer back to my previous responses without reposting them over and over again. That's their style not mine.

Whoops

This one http://shadowchain.info/tx/44130384f6099ab57be8e801b0a50d7cd39eeca53fa98a847c93526189f1c535

I see a bunch of stuff your chain explorer is not capable of properly decoding, and a bunch of outputs (i.e. "tokens") that looks just like any other cryptonote chain.
You know not of which you speak Sir Smooth
snipped

WTFF?

That's just a regular BTC-style transaction. Has nothing to do with anon at all.

Wouldn't that create a huge blockchain size worse than Monero? -- which is already know for being huge

It would if anyone ever used SDC (with the default mix factor). Granted all cryptocurrencies (BTC included) are toys at this point.

Since I see the SDC pumpers are continuing to spew the same nonsense and vaporware claims I will just refer back to my previous responses without reposting them over and over again. That's their style not mine.

Whoops

This one http://shadowchain.info/tx/44130384f6099ab57be8e801b0a50d7cd39eeca53fa98a847c93526189f1c535
Activity: 35
Merit: 0

WTFF?

Since I see the SDC pumpers are continuing to spew the same nonsense and vaporware claims I will just refer back to my previous comments without reposting them over and over again. That's their style not mine.

Hey man, don't take what is said here by some community members for the entire community and the core dev' team itself.
And this statement is only worth for SDC community members but also XMR and DRK ones.
legendary
WHY DOES MONERO NOT USE 16, OR 8…?

Because 3 is good enough as a default, and provides a high degree of mixing of the overall blockchain for routine transactions (keeping it non-transparent) with a minimum of bloat. If people want higher mixing on particular transactions where it is needed they are free to do that.
Pages:
Jump to: