Pages:
Author

Topic: [DASH/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins (MUST READ) - page 16. (Read 33664 times)

legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

Sorry, but with current state of Boolberry (not even in top 100 marketcap - no development since months) and the few differences with XMR or XDN, it doesn't seem to be useful to put Boolberry in the comparison

Unlinkable transaction upgrade to CryptoNote and blockchain bloat reduction are probably the two biggest upgrades to any CryptoNote currency so far. XMR has probably done a bunch of stuff too but I can't think of a specific thing off the top of my head that could be more important than those two upgrades. XMR devs plan to do their own versions of these upgrades down the line, but they have a lot on their plate so I wouldn't expect them anytime soon.

CryptoZoidberg is still around. He's done a lot of work and it's a bit silly that you would dismiss that and have the balls to put Ducknote above BBR in relevance.

I agree with Este Nuno. BBR should be on the list over XDN. Boolberry, while low in marketcap at the moment is part of the SuperNET collection of coins with big plans/uses in the future on that platform. Darknote was trading at 12 satoshis just 2 months ago before it had a 600% increase. It's more of a traders coin than a working currency practicing anonymity. Give them cred, they chose a good platform but it's been a joke most all it's life.

legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
You should add "Bus/Truck Factor" to the spreadsheet on the OP.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_factor

Shadow = 1
Monero = 3
Darkcoin = 1
Darknote = 1

That's just factoring cryptographers/devs. I'd be interested to have a directory of each project's full dev team.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

What you just said is, Darkcoin is no player in the anonymity space and it's irrelevant for this discussion.

I absolutely did not say that. I said it's the ONLY anon player that has a reasonable relevance to the current commercial landscape IMO. I also don't deny that Cryptonote transactions are potentially more theoretically encrypted than blind signature mixed ones.

But I don't think they're more practically encrypted. I don't think the regular joe has a snowballs chance in hell of de-anonymising any of them. I don't even think a dedicated hacker has. Be my guest and prove me wrong. No doubt people have been working at it for months because it's not as if there isn't an incentive right now.

I'm also saying that all of this stuff - across the board - is in a state of constant development and improvement. Just because something is one way now doesn't mean it isn't going to accumulate its strength of security as time goes on. At the start, Darkcoin didn't have pre-emptive, multiple redundant mixing. It wasn't even on the roadmap. Then late last summer it appeared. Thats been the significant characteristic of the project since it started - continual pragmatic evolution and keeping options open.

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Sir, your sentences make no sense, did you sniff too much Dash washing powder?
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000
What you just said is, Darkcoin is no player in the anonymity space and it's irrelevant for this discussion.

I think we can all agree on that. Not sure why you are talking about Dashcoin, thats a cryptonote based currency  tho.

PS: Your little GFX is a joke isn't it?

You said that,behind that,did you realize all shit you said won't affect price and only hurt your dumbass useless coin ?

Please continue,dash will be mainstream before your realize it won't affect anything  Cheesy
Activity: 532
Merit: 500

I think we can all agree on that. Not sure why you are talking about Dashcoin, thats a cryptonote based currency  tho.

PS: Your little GFX is a joke isn't it?
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

Your all hammering on about splitting ball hairs over what anon is more bullet proof than another - it doesn't matter.

What matters is having everything in a reasonable balance, all monetary properties. Great - you got a ultra sooper-dooper only 3 years old, rubber stamped by cryptographers anon technology. Know what ? Anonymous money has worked for 5000 years without it.

Darkcoin / DASH's is as bullet proof as a cryptocurrency can reasonably get right now while still retaining some semblance of useability and adoptability within the current infrastructure. That all of these are going to continue to improve and develop is a given.

Meanwhile, people can say what they like about DASH's dual layer network, but it's already delivering major practical innovations and solving some big problems. It's only going to continue because a service oriented network architecture is what made the internet explode and it's currently torching a load of cryptocurrency problems. Near instant transaction confirmation was one of the first but there are plenty more in the pipeline.

So while everyone else is busy scraping the next nth decimal percentage point of anon-security to the exclusion of everything else, DRK/DASH will be getting on with business  Wink

legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245
Yeah sorry about that, we darkcoin minions are gluid to our monitors for some days now watching the price of Darkcoin keep rising and rising.
I dont know what you guys are doing in this thread but it seems to have a positive effect on Darkcoin's price.
keep at it guys...

Thanks

qwizzie

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
"If we were to code your mom in a C++ function she would look like this: double mom (double fat){ mom(fat);return mom;}; //your mom is recursively fat."

One of my favorites:

WTF just happened lulz
Tings 'bout to kick off

BTW: DRK getting slammed hard… where r their minions?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
"If we were to code your mom in a C++ function she would look like this: double mom (double fat){ mom(fat);return mom;}; //your mom is recursively fat."

One of my favorites:

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
The part with his momma was completely unecessary.
I am a DRK/Dash-investor and I enjoy this thread and the discussion, please stay on topic.

I just can't resist momma jokes for some reason. It was inappropriate, I made a mistake and I apologize. Sometimes when spending too much time on this forum it's easy to forget there are also civilized people reading. I edited my post and hope you will edit the quote as well.

"Yo mamma so short, she can hang glide on a Dorito!"

Sorry i just love that one. Wink

Since this is about the tech i'll render it in code.

legendary
Activity: 1008
Should we talk about technologies that are flawed or talk about those who are flawless?

SDC is flawless. So let's talk about it
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Secondly I have already answered this ... if ECDSA is cracked all your DRK funds, private keys, transactions are mine.

What do you mean my transactions are yours, how do you know which transactions or private keys are mine?
Activity: 277
Merit: 250
DRKs anon system is too slow to function. SDC is instant. I believe the only instant one.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
Instamine

derp herp http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#darkcoin

heres the summary: XMR = genuine anonymous crypto, XDN/SDC/DRK(DASH) = scam

did you know lying is a sin.

I don't see SDC into that list ... And saying it's a scam is insulting to all the people that have worked a lot on this project.
Activity: 821
I showed that if a crypto algo such as ECDSA was compromised it would cause more damage to DarkSend and DRK than it would to for example Shadow.

I'm no cryptography expert or part of any dev team so could you please explain that example I gave.

Firstly I am not cryptography expert or ever claimed to be.

Secondly I have already answered this ... if ECDSA is cracked all your DRK funds, private keys, transactions are mine.
If ECDSA is cracked then only SDC funds, private keys and SDC transactions are mine. SDT transactions i.e. all anonymous transactions are still 100% anonymous and secure.

Now tell me who has been hurt more as a currency?
But this is only part of the problem with DRK MN design; I am directly answering your question in relation to "cryptographically secured anonymous transactions are flawed"

Fact is a cracked crypto algo in the example I posted is far worse for DRK than it is for Shadow (as stated above you have to go through multiple layers).
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
I showed that if a crypto algo such as ECDSA was compromised it would cause more damage to DarkSend and DRK than it would to for example Shadow.

I'm no cryptography expert or part of any dev team so could you please explain that example I gave.
Activity: 821
Macno, no-one is picking a fight. I am stating a fact... "children" resort to using momma jokes when they get frustrated. I have yet to meet a adult that does that.

Secondly, IMO in a world where decentralisation and cryptography secure technology exists there is no room for DRK MNs

Thirdly, Instamine; In your opinion but not mine and many others in the know.

Lastly, to answer the question in hand ... the accusation was that a cryptographically secured anonymous transactions are flawed (this argument is a lame attempt from the DRK camp since its the only weakness they can think of) ... I showed that if a crypto algo such as ECDSA was compromised it would cause more damage to DarkSend and DRK than it would to for example Shadow (you still have ring sigs and stealth address to work your way through).
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I buy Darkcoins from a party that is KYC compliant, and transfer them to my wallet address A. Now the address A can be linked to me.

Next I put them through the Darksend mixing process, and now instead of having coins in address A, I have coins in addresses B1, ..., B10 for example. Then I proceed to spend the money in address B5 by sending it to your momma for her sexual services.

Later when you find out she's been doing business you get angry and try to find out who's been paying her. You import private key of the address B5, and then what?

I am a DRK/Dash-investor and I enjoy this thread and the discussion, please stay on topic.

It is okay, children do that since they know I am showing clear flaws in its design.
He is frustrated he is bag holding a technology that has little future outside of the pumps organized by the mass instamine and early adopters..

@Illodin: edited and thanks for your reply.
@dasource: great, now you are the one picking up an unnecessary fight...pretty childish, since illodin even apologized. I`m interested in the "technology that has little future" part, the instamine case is settled imho (and it is FUD regurgitating it).

Bear in mind there is a bit of history here.
Nevertheless I know dasource to be a gentlmen and I'm sure he'll get back to his well explained technical position.

dasoure, by the way, is a member of the Shadow Dev Team and is therefor intimately involved in the project and well-suited to explain the technical aspects of it.

This thread is getting better and better in my opinion. Sure there's FUD here and there but overall a debate IS happening. Unusual in crypto. Keep it up!
legendary
Activity: 984
I buy Darkcoins from a party that is KYC compliant, and transfer them to my wallet address A. Now the address A can be linked to me.

Next I put them through the Darksend mixing process, and now instead of having coins in address A, I have coins in addresses B1, ..., B10 for example. Then I proceed to spend the money in address B5 by sending it to Wikileaks.

Later when you find out she's been doing business you get angry and try to find out who's been paying her. You import private key of the address B5, and then what?

It is okay, children do that since they know I am showing clear flaws in its design.
He is frustrated he is bag holding a technology that has little future outside of the pumps organized by the mass instamine and early adopters..

@Illodin: edited and thanks for your reply.
@dasource: great, now you are the one picking up an unnecessary fight...pretty childish, since illodin even apologized. I`m interested in the "technology that has little future" part, the instamine case is settled imho (and it is FUD regurgitating it).
Pages:
Jump to: