Pages:
Author

Topic: [DASH/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins (MUST READ) - page 19. (Read 33664 times)

Activity: 399
Merit: 250
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Monero already uses stealth addresses along with ring signatures to anonymize all transactions, and will have I2P support built in down the road. Its only drawbacks right now are in the area of ease of use, as, for example, the blockchain currently takes up a lot of system memory. That being said, people are already testing the fix for this on the development branch, so that won't even be an issue for much longer.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
You're right it's an even bigger problem. Masternodes are a really really unfair version of Staking, where only the richest and first adopters can profit.

Getting boring to debunk the same rehashed FUD, but just this once: You can pool 1000 users together each with 1 coin and run a masternode.

If you have any original material, feel free to visit DRK/DASH thread here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anndash-dash-dashorg-first-self-funding-self-governing-crypto-currency-421615

Booooohoooooo DRK blind and retarded fanboys can't handle arguments Cry

Yeah dude, go discuss economy in your thread. We're here to talk about anonymity, a thing SDC/XMR/XDN deeply include.
You might not know how it works, you should take a look at these coins and learn Cheesy
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
You're right it's an even bigger problem. Masternodes are a really really unfair version of Staking, where only the richest and first adopters can profit.

Getting boring to debunk the same rehashed FUD, but just this once: You can pool 1000 users together each with 1 coin and run a masternode.

If you have any original material, feel free to visit DRK/DASH thread here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anndash-dash-dashorg-first-self-funding-self-governing-crypto-currency-421615
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
People run their masternodes on cheap VMs right now because it's cheap. Because DRK DASH is still very cheap, the rewards for running a node is small - around $30/month or so. If/when DRK DASH grows enough that authorities who can request private data from cloud operators actually get interested enough to do so, the rewards for running a masternode are likely to be more than $1000/month. And when you get $1000/month for running a node, you're not going to run it in Amazon. Obviously someone might, but that's ok - anonymization by masternodes is designed to resists huge sybil attacks.

On what base do you think the reward will be more than $1000/month for a Masternode in the future ?

If the reward is high, much more people will run Masternodes, then the reward will be ... much lower.
It's like mining, when you can make "easy" money, lot of people will do the same, and in the end, the reward will never be that good.

So I think the majority of Masternodes will always run on cheap servers

No answers to that Illodin ?

You're just talk and hype, like DASH  Roll Eyes

I already told you I don't like bumping your SDC ad/spam thread. If you have questions regarding DRK/DASH, post in DRK/DASH thread.

But just this one special bump for SDC: Total hashrate is practically unlimited. Total number of coins hence total number of masternodes is not.

I will let David Latapie talk about that later, I've seen a good draft from him on that point  Smiley

It seems SDC is just recycling the same old FUD that's been debunked multiple times during the last year or so in order to provoke more traffic to their ad/spam thread.

For any real concerns/questions, visit DRK/DASH thread here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anndash-dash-dashorg-first-self-funding-self-governing-crypto-currency-421615

You know, some guys visiting the thread here may have real questions about real anonymous coins like XMR, SDC or XDN.  Wink

If they have financial questions, you're right, it would be better if they ask directly in DASH thread
It seems SDC is just recycling the same old FUD that's been debunked multiple times during the last year or so in order to provoke more traffic to their ad/spam thread.

For any real concerns/questions, visit DRK/DASH thread here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anndash-dash-dashorg-first-self-funding-self-governing-crypto-currency-421615
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
People run their masternodes on cheap VMs right now because it's cheap. Because DRK DASH is still very cheap, the rewards for running a node is small - around $30/month or so. If/when DRK DASH grows enough that authorities who can request private data from cloud operators actually get interested enough to do so, the rewards for running a masternode are likely to be more than $1000/month. And when you get $1000/month for running a node, you're not going to run it in Amazon. Obviously someone might, but that's ok - anonymization by masternodes is designed to resists huge sybil attacks.

On what base do you think the reward will be more than $1000/month for a Masternode in the future ?

If the reward is high, much more people will run Masternodes, then the reward will be ... much lower.
It's like mining, when you can make "easy" money, lot of people will do the same, and in the end, the reward will never be that good.

I already told you I don't like bumping your SDC ad/spam thread. If you have questions regarding DRK/DASH, post in DRK/DASH thread.

But just this one special bump for SDC: Total hashrate is practically unlimited. Total number of coins hence total number of masternodes is not.

It seems the more centralized nature of DASH masternodes poses a regulatory risk.  If the number of master nodes is limited, then it means they will be easier targets by governments in order to deanonymize the system in the name of stopping terrorism and money laundering.

legendary

You're just talk and hype, like DASH  Roll Eyes
Activity: 476
Thread updated with DarkNote !

Why still amber for Darsend being untraceable/unlinkable?

Darksend has yet to be traced or linked and that chap who made the bold claims several weeks ago has failed to deliver (which is no suprise since his initial claim was false too).

Dude this is just an advertising thread from SDC people, no real objectivity here.

Of course man !
This is why I'm currently planing to add more G-O-O-D coins to this thread, you're even lucky DRK in there. (If you didn't notice we added DarkNote today)

You DRK folks have nothing to say against arguments because you have 0 objectivity, you're just blind fanboys who fell in love with an overated coin... Every coin mentionned in this thread is in fact better than Dash tbh

The reason you're adding more coins is you're not getting much if at all traffic from DRK/DASH people despite provocative straw men attacks. Maybe DarkNote or Navajoe coin guys will give your ad thread steady periodical bumps and visibility.

Oops.. I fell for it again.  Undecided

Every thread for every coin is an advertising thread. Come on now.

Darksend has yet to be traced or linked and that chap who made the bold claims several weeks ago has failed to deliver (which is no suprise since his initial claim was false too).

Dude this is just an advertising thread from SDC people, no real objectivity here.

Of course man !
This is why I'm currently planing to add more G-O-O-D coins to this thread, you're even lucky DRK in there. (If you didn't notice we added DarkNote today)

You DRK folks have nothing to say against arguments because you have 0 objectivity, you're just blind fanboys who fell in love with an overated coin... Every coin mentionned in this thread is in fact better than Dash tbh

The reason you're adding more coins is you're not getting much if at all traffic from DRK/DASH people despite provocative straw men attacks. Maybe DarkNote or Navajoe coin guys will give your ad thread steady periodical bumps and visibility.

Oops.. I fell for it again.  Undecided

Of course man !

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Activity: 336
Merit: 252
Should prolly add navajo coin in for the comparison, since much ado is being made about it.

Very true ! Wait a bit Smiley
Activity: 476
Should prolly add navajo coin in for the comparison, since much ado is being made about it.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything

legendary

I've updated the comparison with darknote :

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

So you are saying you are willing to risk all on the basis one day 90%+ of masternodes do not operate at a handful of providers? and for all you know currently the so called "anon" transactions are already being de-anonymized?

That's not at all what I'm saying. When I think DASH is big enough that NSA might try to take over all of the nodes, and I'm doing something I don't want NSA to know, I'll run my own masternode on raspberry pi 3 and use that as one of the mixing nodes. But then again, I might fail anyway as they have my computer backdoored already.

Buddy you cannot run a cryto currency saying it is anonymous and then add the tag line "only once it has enough value and we move our 92%+ masternodes off cloud providers?" ...

Stop creating straw men in order to get me to bump your SDC advertisement thread. If you want to discuss this issue, post in the DRK DASH thread.

Oh dude... Come on, seriously ?
As I always say, i'm not a fanboy. If the coin i'm supporting has something wrong, I recognize it.

The fact is that you're avoiding the discussion because he made a huge point. I'm not advertizing, he's just right about it, what can you say against these arguments ?

So you are saying you are willing to risk all on the basis one day 90%+ of masternodes do not operate at a handful of providers? and for all you know currently the so called "anon" transactions are already being de-anonymized?

That's not at all what I'm saying. When I think DASH is big enough that NSA might try to take over all of the nodes, and I'm doing something I don't want NSA to know, I'll run my own masternode on raspberry pi 3 and use that as one of the mixing nodes. But then again, I might fail anyway as they have my computer backdoored already.

Buddy you cannot run a cryto currency saying it is anonymous and then add the tag line "only once it has enough value and we move our 92%+ masternodes off cloud providers?" ...

Stop creating straw men in order to get me to bump your SDC advertisement thread. If you want to discuss this issue, post in the DRK DASH thread.
Pages:
Jump to: