Pages:
Author

Topic: [DASH/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins (MUST READ) - page 3. (Read 33664 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I liked this thread until the last two pages.

What about Bytecoin?  Does it not meet the requirements of most "known" anonymous coins?

Went dead for a year, but extremely active development in 2015 and extremely impressive feature list.   

Second-highest market cap of Any anonymous coin (other than Dash).

Doesn't count as anonymous because 80%+ of the utxoset is owned by entities who mined them before it became public and global, which means that those entities can deanonymise pretty much all future transactions.

Marketcap is irrelevant as it's easily inflated (doubly so when all you have to do is slightly bump the price due to the massive amount that's already emitted).
They have long ago been sold and redistributed, same as the 2 million dash

In neither case is that knowable, so it's simply an empty argument that is guaranteed to be made by those with an incentive to make it. Probably less knowable in the case of BCN since the anon system is better.

even more so as the coin is a lot older

No, it is well documented that the claimed 2012 launch is a fabrication or at best highly questionable.

https://minergate.com/blockchain/bcn/block/1

You can put any date you want in a block.

I could easily recreate the entire first "two years" of the BCN blockchain on my own computers with year 1980 in the headers. I'm a fan of big hair and Cyndi Lauper

♫ Oh girls just want to have fun ♫

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305
Pro financial, medical liberty

What about Bytecoin?  Does it not meet the requirements of most "known" anonymous coins?

Went dead for a year, but extremely active development in 2015 and extremely impressive feature list.   

Doesn't count as anonymous because 80%+ of the utxoset is owned by entities who mined them before it became public and global, which means that those entities can deanonymise pretty much all future transactions.

Marketcap is irrelevant as it's easily inflated (doubly so when all you have to do is slightly bump the price due to the massive amount that's already emitted).

In neither case is that knowable, so it's simply an empty argument that is guaranteed to be made by those with an incentive to make it. Probably less knowable in the case of BCN since the anon system is better.

No, it is well documented that the claimed 2012 launch is a fabrication or at best highly questionable.

https://minergate.com/blockchain/bcn/block/1
legendary

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Will add some of DigitalNote XDN comparison here in a few days.
Activity: 35
Merit: 11

Activity: 399
Merit: 250
Enough fights folks ! We're all in cryptoland after all...

Anyway, I will manage to update this topic very soon Smiley
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Notice the "Newbie" account with low activity, indicating the account is an obvious sock puppet troll.

http://i.imgur.com/aQ1T3Sf.png

Best to ignore these poor souls. They are mentally ill.

The next time you encounter a troll online, remember:

• These trolls are some truly difficult people.
  • It is your suffering that brings them pleasure, so the best thing you can do is ignore them.

Speaking of "low activity"...

Since the Bytecoin fork, Monero has achieved:

1. storing the blockchain on disk without needing 6GB ram (now in month 12, not released yet).
2. Updating the wallet from version 0.8.8.6 (now in month 9, not released yet).
3. Electrum wallet (probably not Monero devs because it's at least 2 days work)
4. Fixing a file someone pointed out the code was shit

Did I miss anything?

Yes you did, and you are incorrect about #3 not being Monero devs.

You or anyone (especially non sock puppet trolls) are welcome to review the 1000+ commits if you want to know more.

So nothing else of any value you can say other than the 4 I showed.  Still hiding behind the quantity of commits, most of which is commenting / minor stuff and half finished projects that don't work.   You can't say any value to the user base, just "look, lots of commits!!!".  Just more bullshit  Roll Eyes
legendary
Notice the "Newbie" account with low activity, indicating the account is an obvious sock puppet troll.

• It is your suffering that brings them pleasure, so the best thing you can do is ignore them.

1. storing the blockchain on disk without needing 6GB ram (now in month 12, not released yet).

Did I miss anything?

Yes you did, and you are incorrect about #3 not being Monero devs.

You or anyone (especially non sock puppet trolls) are welcome to review the 1000+ commits if you want to know more.

http://i.imgur.com/aQ1T3Sf.png

Did I miss anything?
legendary

Hey Dofus! Why you no add BBR??  Shocked

Not at all clear it is among the 'best known' at this point. Not even on the first page of coinmarketcap.

Fuck off Monero dev!!! 

blah

Smooth is more legit than you could ever be.

Keep taking the acid.

Not at all clear it is among the 'best known' at this point. Not even on the first page of coinmarketcap.

Fuck off Monero dev!!! 

blah

Smooth is more legit than you could ever be.

Fuck off Monero dev!!! 

Everythread is your spam.  Who the fuck are you to say what coins should be listed here?  See any other coin devs spamming their shit like you and attacking people on other threads?

Go eat some spam.  You're a disgrace to developers.

http://i.imgur.com/t4GLNFo.png

imo cloak hasn't delivered shit yet and you are being polite yet trying to be persistently persuasive with crappymomstyle questioning.

Yes, I am being polite, and I am sorry you see that is a red flag.   No, I do not have a vested interest in any of these coins at this point in time.  That includes cloak.  In fact, I would say that if a coin were to be added to the list at this time, the front-runner would probably be boolberry.   I am sorry you had a bad experience with cloak.  

While I do appreciate bbreconomy's direct approach to advertising bbr and putting things in nice bulletpoints...  

imo cloak hasn't delivered shit yet and you are being polite yet trying to be persistently persuasive with crappymomstyle questioning.

Yes, I am being polite, and I am sorry you see that is a red flag.   No, I do not have a vested interest in any of these coins at this point in time.  That includes cloak.  In fact, I would say that if a coin were to be added to the list at this time, the front-runner would probably be boolberry.   I am sorry you had a bad experience with cloak.  
legendary

True to your subject heading, then, the focus is on the most known, rather than the most anonymous.   Which is interesting, but unfortunate that the two are far from the same thing.

Why don't you make your own thread then? I see nothing wrong with comparing the most known anonymous coins, although it certainly isn't the only way to compare coins or to choose coins to compare.

I don't see anything wrong with it either, nor so I see a point to splitting the topic into tow threads.  I just wish that the most anonymous coins were more synonymous with the most known "anonymous" coins.

ffmad has also alluded to this.   I don't think there's much arguement there.    Whether some of the other anonymous coins make the "most known" list or not, I feel this is a good home for discussion on them and comparison of them.
imo cloak hasn't delivered shit yet and you are being polite yet trying to be persistently persuasive with crappymomstyle questioning. "Don't you feel like you SHOULD invest just a little in Enron while it's climbing? I mean, they say it is a sure thing and it sounds nice..." NO MOM! just... no. put down the bonds and take a step back from the etrade account for a bit. While I do not care for the taste cloak left in my mouth and ass, I tried to keep an open mind with the relaunch until recently.

Obvious reasons for ineligibility good sir in my humble opinion:
1. It is not open source.
2. Has not proven through a 3rd party that it can do shit. Just some beta testers yelling "DID YOU SEND IT?" "YA I GOT IT" "I AM SENDING BACK" "DID YOU SEND IT" and so on... I understand an audit is coming but the after effects WWE-style promo for the 17th didn't help shit when it turned out to be delayed then beta then no posa3 yet then they say they are not open sourcing it.
3. Didn't have a comparable market cap when thread was started because it came out that the source was scrapped for worthlessness.
4. Cloak was a pump game shill coin aimed at fomo whores and was a perfect example of such. Someone rebooting the coin will have to address 1-3 of the aforementioned before anyone will give a shit and 1+2 will be much easier than 3 as the marketcap usually follows those that deliver consistently. Sometimes it follows those that deliver the wrong things but you can't win em all.
True to your subject heading, then, the focus is on the most known, rather than the most anonymous.   Which is interesting, but unfortunate that the two are far from the same thing.

Why don't you make your own thread then? I see nothing wrong with comparing the most known anonymous coins, although it certainly isn't the only way to compare coins or to choose coins to compare.

I don't see anything wrong with it either, nor so I see a point to splitting the topic into tow threads.  I just wish that the most anonymous coins were more synonymous with the most known "anonymous" coins.

ffmad has also alluded to this.   I don't think there's much arguement there.    Whether some of the other anonymous coins make the "most known" list or not, I feel this is a good home for discussion on them and comparison of them.
Pages:
Jump to: