Pages:
Author

Topic: [DASH/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins (MUST READ) - page 7. (Read 33664 times)

legendary
Activity: 1111
Merit: 1000
crypto-enthusiast since 2012
You forget NavajoCoin

Perhaps deliberately excluded because of your obnoxious spamming.

spam!!!?  because i talk about something that you dont like that...yes???

I neither like nor dislike NavajoCoin, I don't know anything about it and I've barely heard of it.

I dislike when there is a thread about [DRK/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins (quoted from the tread topic, and which certainly does not include NavajoCoin) and you come along and put a nice bold and red message about NavajoCoin with a big picture, links, and no actual content. Yes I do dislike that and it makes your coin look like something I should stay the hell away from.

Undecided you are so biaised....

most known Huh  do you really include XDN and SDC in "most known"?  damn, they were totally unknown before some new infographics and propaganda in this forum section 2-3 weeks ago.  a good example :  SDC ann thread total pages : 296.   NAV ann thread total pages : 678.

Dofus : please update the OP and thread title now to include Navajo.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
You forget NavajoCoin

spam!!!?  because i talk about something that you dont like that...yes???

I neither like nor dislike NavajoCoin, I don't know anything about it and I've barely heard of it.

I dislike when there is a thread about [DRK/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins (quoted from the tread topic, and which certainly does not include NavajoCoin) and you come along and put a nice bold and red message about NavajoCoin with a big picture, links, and no actual content. Yes I do dislike that and it makes your coin look like something I should stay the hell away from.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
You forget NavajoCoin

spam!!!?  because i talk about something that you dont like that...yes???
legendary
thread title is  :  Comparison between the most known anonymous coins

hence Navajo have to be there too... there is no spamming at all. We all know that thread was made to help SDC, but then all the drk/xmr shills and fanboys felt attacked..  There is another players now, and OP and title have to be updated to include Navajo.
simple.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
You forget NavajoCoin

Perhaps deliberately excluded because of your obnoxious spamming. That's usually a good hint to stay away.

Activity: 21
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
NOTE: I'm not claiming it will go 100x or even 10x, I'm just saying that if DRK/DASH is going to get the attention of the NSA or similar it won't be until it is 100x at least.

I think all it would take is a significant amount of dark market usage. Or even worse, some perception that it's being used to fund enemy organizations(terrorists or whatever).

The thing is too that people probably underestimate how governments could affect even Bitcoin if they wanted to. If the Chinese government wanted to shut down those massive mining farms they easily could with little excuse. Same for pretty much any country. So it's a potential problem for everyone. I'm actually surprised no cryptocurrency opponent has come out with rhetoric about how miners are 'processing' dark market transactions, and use that to put pressure on them. I guess it's probably similar to how running a Tor node is though legally.

Bitcoin isn't threatened by governments because the blockchain is transparent -> easy to spy, good for gov

Monero / Shadow won't have big problems too, because they have a "view key" that can be used to view through "anon" transactions (it's good if gov/banks wants to know what you have done, you can still show them what you want to show)

DarkCoin has nothing like that, the only way to see through "dark anon" for gov is to break it, and Dark anon seems to have been designed to be broke ...
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Fight against the NSA might be futile anyway. If there is a system they can't crack into, they'll be more likely to make it illegal altogether.

But yea, people need to start favoring independent operators when choosing where to host their nodes, and preferably operators who have a dead man's switch.

The reason for the collateral being 1000 DRK is that you're supposed to take security and other aspects seriously when running one. Currently as 1000 DRK ~ $5000 and the monthly reward ~ $70 it's kid's play, but if that is multiplied by 10 or 100 things will be different as you'll begin to afford dedicated hardware, ddos protection, load balancing and whatnot. NOTE: I'm not claiming it will go 100x or even 10x, I'm just saying that if DRK/DASH is going to get the attention of the NSA or similar it won't be until it is 100x at least.

Because the NSA is the only 3-letter agency and the FBI/BKA/DEA all do not exist, ah yeah..
There are barely cases when they tried to rule something in the past (look how pgp was spread back in the day - via printed text and people who typed it back to the pc) and nowadays all cryptography is legal, that claim makes no sense, even if it would be illegal it woulnd't stop people from using it; nor would i give a fuck what the USA makes illegal as i am not their anyway..

The reason for the collateral is for sure non-sense or people wouldn't host on VPS'...

I just said that people run them on cheapo VPS's right now because the monthly reward is so low. And it is so low because the coin's price is so low.

Not enough coins there.

There are for sure enough coins to have fun with the network.

No there are not.

Holding coins is not illegal. And if there's ever a site like SR the amount of coins there won't be enough.

The usual drugmarketplace have enough coins... SR had way more than the whole DRK marketcap. "Enough" is also a very flexible world, especially when people dump their coins after some "bad news".

But what having BTC on SR have to do with getting ahold of massive amounts of DRK's?

You can have your masternode "stake" in a cold wallet.

I know that; doesn't stop them from hacking coins - there are enough cases in the past, tons of exchanges which got hacked etc...

It's gonna be a pretty slow process gaining a large percentage of the nodes one cold wallet at a time.

TL;DR you are relying on stuff that no currency should ever rely on.

It looks like you're disagreeing with everything just because you want to disagree.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Fight against the NSA might be futile anyway. If there is a system they can't crack into, they'll be more likely to make it illegal altogether.

But yea, people need to start favoring independent operators when choosing where to host their nodes, and preferably operators who have a dead man's switch.

The reason for the collateral being 1000 DRK is that you're supposed to take security and other aspects seriously when running one. Currently as 1000 DRK ~ $5000 and the monthly reward ~ $70 it's kid's play, but if that is multiplied by 10 or 100 things will be different as you'll begin to afford dedicated hardware, ddos protection, load balancing and whatnot. NOTE: I'm not claiming it will go 100x or even 10x, I'm just saying that if DRK/DASH is going to get the attention of the NSA or similar it won't be until it is 100x at least.

Because the NSA is the only 3-letter agency and the FBI/BKA/DEA all do not exist, ah yeah..
There are barely cases when they tried to rule something in the past (look how pgp was spread back in the day - via printed text and people who typed it back to the pc) and nowadays all cryptography is legal, that claim makes no sense, even if it would be illegal it woulnd't stop people from using it; nor would i give a fuck what the USA makes illegal as i am not their anyway..

The reason for the collateral is for sure non-sense or people wouldn't host on VPS'...

Not enough coins there.

There are for sure enough coins to have fun with the network.

Holding coins is not illegal. And if there's ever a site like SR the amount of coins there won't be enough.

The usual drugmarketplace have enough coins... SR had way more than the whole DRK marketcap. "Enough" is also a very flexible world, especially when people dump their coins after some "bad news".

I know that; doesn't stop them from hacking coins - there are enough cases in the past, tons of exchanges which got hacked etc...

TL;DR you are relying on stuff that no currency should ever rely on.
legendary
Activity: 826
amarha
NOTE: I'm not claiming it will go 100x or even 10x, I'm just saying that if DRK/DASH is going to get the attention of the NSA or similar it won't be until it is 100x at least.

I think all it would take is a significant amount of dark market usage. Or even worse, some perception that it's being used to fund enemy organizations(terrorists or whatever).

The thing is too that people probably underestimate how governments could affect even Bitcoin if they wanted to. If the Chinese government wanted to shut down those massive mining farms they easily could with little excuse. Same for pretty much any country. So it's a potential problem for everyone. I'm actually surprised no cryptocurrency opponent has come out with rhetoric about how miners are 'processing' dark market transactions, and use that to put pressure on them. I guess it's probably similar to how running a Tor node is though legally.
They are a 3 letter agency, they will kindly ask Amazon, Digital Ocean etc. to give them access to masternodes

They will kindly ask Cryptsy, Bitfinex, etc. to lend them their coldwallet of DRK

Not enough coins there.

They will confiscate them sooner or later a la SR

They will hack and steal them.

legendary
Navajo is a centralized system from my understanding.  The nodes are centralized and maintained by the Navajo Coin Foundation.  Although they are looking for a method to decentralize it without compromising the anonymity of the network.  From their white paper, section 2.2.8:  

Node Maintenance:
The nodes will be decentralized, but to begin
with they will be maintained by the Navajo
Coin Foundation. We are working to find a
secure way that we could distribute the code
for users to setup their own nodes, while still
being able to guarantee the integrity of the
Anonymous Network.

http://navajocoin.org/files/navajo_whitepaper_march2015.pdf

So logically this follows navajo becoming a 2 tier mixing system with masternodes at some point in the future. Once again this is provided by DASH/DRK

True 00Smurf, difference is that Navajo is at a fraction of DRK value right now and it's PoS, and don't have that shadow "instamine" over its head like dark/dish have  

No worries, whales and ballers will find their way into Navajo soon enough  Wink

Offtopic, but wtf is "adult traffic manager"?  Grin

lol.. 2nd time someone ask me that so i will remove it probably  Undecided   there is a whooooole world outside crypto you know...sure when ppl in crypto are mostly kids still at school, it's hard to see the whole thing. answer : i've built an empire/network of adult websites. traffic (visitors. you probably...) come daily by thousands to wank or to find love who knows. i'm "managing" (redirecting) that traffic to multiples offers for few grands. that's it. there are many guys playing in crypto or developing it that come from the adult business (webmasters/programmers/etc..). it's not a secret. and don't ask why these types of guys are in crypto, the simple answer is because of 1.money, 2. free time while we are banking in our main occupation.  here ya go.
guys curious (or wankers), pm me if you have more questions. this board is for crypto.

back to topic : OP.....  It's now time to add NAV in your comparison  Wink
Navajo is a centralized system from my understanding.  The nodes are centralized and maintained by the Navajo Coin Foundation.  Although they are looking for a method to decentralize it without compromising the anonymity of the network.  From their white paper, section 2.2.8: 

Node Maintenance:
The nodes will be decentralized, but to begin
with they will be maintained by the Navajo
Coin Foundation. We are working to find a
secure way that we could distribute the code
for users to setup their own nodes, while still
being able to guarantee the integrity of the
Anonymous Network.

http://navajocoin.org/files/navajo_whitepaper_march2015.pdf

So logically this follows navajo becoming a 2 tier mixing system with masternodes at some point in the future. Once again this is provided by DASH/DRK

True 00Smurf, difference is that Navajo is at a fraction of DRK value right now and it's PoS, and don't have that shadow "instamine" over its head like dark/dish have 

No worries, whales and ballers will find their way into Navajo soon enough  Wink

Offtopic, but wtf is "adult traffic manager"?  Grin
Activity: 532
Of course it's true, you are proofing a stake of 1000 DRK to launch a masternode.
You must be totally narrow minded to not see how this is a proof of stake system;

i explained it here already: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10869229

They don't need to BUY coins; Darkcoin is essentially a Proof of Stake system and with it there come all the problems as proof of stake system brings you i.e. if you own a lot of coins (see below) you own the network.

They are a 3 letter agency, they will kindly ask Amazon, Digital Ocean etc. to give them access to masternodes
OR
They will kindly ask Cryptsy, Bitfinex, etc. to lend them their coldwallet of DRK
OR
They will confiscate them sooner or later a la SR
OR
They will hack and steal them.

Cost = 0 USD.

Whatever happens, you won't even notice it if they are clever.

Due to the way a PoS system works i.e. richer people get even richer they will own more and more nodes when the time goes by...In this case they will own the network forever and theres no way you can ever stop them.

I am not even sure why you think that they need to own masternodes to deanonymze it...It's not how i would do it.
Activity: 504
eidoo wallet

2 tier is just the marketing name they use, and there are many other coins doing the same thing. Darkcoin is PoW/PoS, just like whitecoin, blackcoin, Peercoin etc etc(Which was the first hybrid PoW/PoS). Masternodes are PoS and get rewarded for just being online, and the mining does the PoW.

Garbage.

It is the truth however.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

2 tier is just the marketing name they use, and there are many other coins doing the same thing. Darkcoin is PoW/PoS, just like whitecoin, blackcoin, Peercoin etc etc(Which was the first hybrid PoW/PoS). Masternodes are PoS and get rewarded for just being online, and the mining does the PoW.

Garbage.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
what a nerd haha i expected some sarcasm mate..never lose touch with your sense of humour and im fine with financial analysis orite mate  Smiley

lol you've obviously not seen some of my posts, I def keep my humor. I just get annoyed at the people who expect a market to go up all the time. And call a slight correction a dump.
Activity: 56
what a nerd haha i expected some sarcasm mate..never lose touch with your sense of humour and im fine with financial analysis orite mate  Smiley
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
someone dumped on SDC what happened?

Have you ever looked at a market chart, they move in waves up and down, People buy people sell. Markets don't go straight up and there is always a correction. and 28k sats -> 25k sats is not a dump its a market correction.
Activity: 56
someone dumped on SDC what happened?
Pages:
Jump to: