Pages:
Author

Topic: [DASH/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins (MUST READ) - page 6. (Read 33664 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Thanks to the investors who put their money in the dev' so they can work properly ! Shadow has done so much without fulltime dev that I can't imagine how far they will jump now Cheesy

Don't forget to come on our IRC chat guys ! Here it is : kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#shadowcash
Activity: 399
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
don't forget to change DarkCoin to Dash in the OP too Dofus  Wink
I really dont think an anon project that is closed source and it requires anon tx to go through a private server could be a serious contender in this market.  But in saying that I am all for it being included on the chart, lets make it easy for people to differentiate between all the coins in this race.

I'll think about it don't worry, and I will do it this week.

Not useful, look at how it's already falling ...

We could put the coin in marketcap capitalization order ... DASH/XMR/SDC/XDN ^^ (ok, no one seems to care about XDN)

Added marketcap to table / changed drk name :

Done ! Smiley
legendary
I really dont think an anon project that is closed source and it requires anon tx to go through a private server could be a serious contender in this market.  But in saying that I am all for it being included on the chart, lets make it easy for people to differentiate between all the coins in this race.

Not useful, look at how it's already falling ...

We could put the coin in marketcap capitalization order ... DASH/XMR/SDC/XDN ^^ (ok, no one seems to care about XDN)

Added marketcap to table / changed drk name :

Activity: 47
Maybe we should rename the topic to write Dash ?

Okay it's useless I know Cheesy
I really dont think an anon project that is closed source and it requires anon tx to go through a private server could be a serious contender in this market.  But in saying that I am all for it being included on the chart, lets make it easy for people to differentiate between all the coins in this race.

Activity: 725
Merit: 501
Boycott Qatar 2022
I really dont think an anon project that is closed source and it requires anon tx to go through a private server could be a serious contender in this market.  But in saying that I am all for it being included on the chart, lets make it easy for people to differentiate between all the coins in this race.
Activity: 21
You forget NavajoCoin

Perhaps deliberately excluded because of your obnoxious spamming.

spam!!!?  because i talk about something that you dont like that...yes???

I neither like nor dislike NavajoCoin, I don't know anything about it and I've barely heard of it.

I dislike when there is a thread about [DRK/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins (quoted from the tread topic, and which certainly does not include NavajoCoin) and you come along and put a nice bold and red message about NavajoCoin with a big picture, links, and no actual content. Yes I do dislike that and it makes your coin look like something I should stay the hell away from.

Undecided you are so biaised....

most known Huh  do you really include XDN and SDC in "most known"?  damn, they were totally unknown before some new infographics and propaganda in this forum section 2-3 weeks ago.  a good example :  SDC ann thread total pages : 296.   NAV ann thread total pages : 678.

Dofus : please update the OP and thread title now to include Navajo.

Even if you are spamming your thread with hype messages, Navajo isn't known yet as an anon coin.

Could you please explain to us, who doesn't know a thing about Navajo, what technology is used ?

We are discussing about anon tech here, not about how much post there is in a thread.

Read this article for more information:
http://btcfeed.net/news/navajocoin-asynchronous-encryption-technology-released-today/

http://btcfeed.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/navajocoin-anon.png
Activity: 476
Also as far as i know the NAV code is not open source, I think that is a good prerequisite to being on the list.
Activity: 821
Merit: 1000
Hi guys, can you add Navajocoin to this topic? Anon feature is up and running with double encryption.
Thanks

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

Maybe not ? Because it's a centralized system ?

Why not add a row for decentralisation?

Its only fair that all the contenders for anon coins are listed fairly and accurately...

I respectfully disagree ... Cloak PoSA.v2 was anonymous and decentralised but not trustless.... should we add that too?
Once NAV does not require a foundation to run nodes to keep it secure from bad actors then it can be considered for addition, until then I do not consider it a contender (mind you I do not consider DRK a competitor either but meh).
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
Hi guys, can you add Navajocoin to this topic? Anon feature is up and running with double encryption.
Thanks

Why not add a row for decentralisation?

Its only fair that all the contenders for anon coins are listed fairly and accurately...
legendary
Thanks

Activity: 687
Merit: 500
Thanks

legendary
Navajo is a centralized system from my understanding.  The nodes are centralized and maintained by the Navajo Coin Foundation.  Although they are looking for a method to decentralize it without compromising the anonymity of the network.  From their white paper, section 2.2.8: 

Node Maintenance:
The nodes will be decentralized, but to begin
with they will be maintained by the Navajo
Coin Foundation. We are working to find a
secure way that we could distribute the code
for users to setup their own nodes, while still
being able to guarantee the integrity of the
Anonymous Network.

http://navajocoin.org/files/navajo_whitepaper_march2015.pdf

If they really want to be put in the comparison with that kind of tech, it's masochism  Huh
Activity: 821
Navajo is a centralized system from my understanding.  The nodes are centralized and maintained by the Navajo Coin Foundation.  Although they are looking for a method to decentralize it without compromising the anonymity of the network.  From their white paper, section 2.2.8:  

Node Maintenance:
The nodes will be decentralized, but to begin
with they will be maintained by the Navajo
Coin Foundation. We are working to find a
secure way that we could distribute the code
for users to setup their own nodes, while still
being able to guarantee the integrity of the
Anonymous Network.

http://navajocoin.org/files/navajo_whitepaper_march2015.pdf

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
You forget NavajoCoin

I neither like nor dislike NavajoCoin, I don't know anything about it and I've barely heard of it.

I dislike when there is a thread about [DRK/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins (quoted from the tread topic, and which certainly does not include NavajoCoin) and you come along and put a nice bold and red message about NavajoCoin with a big picture, links, and no actual content. Yes I do dislike that and it makes your coin look like something I should stay the hell away from.

most known Huh  do you really include XDN and SDC in "most known"?  damn, they were totally unknown before some new infographics and propaganda in this forum section 2-3 weeks ago.  a good example :  SDC ann thread total pages : 296.   NAV ann thread total pages : 678.

Even if you are spamming your thread with hype messages, Navajo isn't known yet as an anon coin.

Could you please explain to us, who doesn't know a thing about Navajo, what technology is used ?

We are discussing about anon tech here, not about how much post there is in a thread.

I beg to differ.  Navajo has been on the radar for a long time.  It has a decent community with virtually no shills and trolls and promises some pretty exciting technology (if it works as claimed, which tbh could be said about most anon coins at the moment).  If you haven't heard of it, read their whitepapers or been aware of their publicity drive then I suggest that you've been spending too much time trying to promote your own coin rather than let it shine on its own merits.

legendary
Activity: 1111
crypto-enthusiast since 2012

absolutely.. here's the informations about the Navajo anon tech : http://navajocoin.org/files/navajo_whitepaper_march2015.pdf
[Read the white paper first]

and here's below some quotes for further explanations from nav dev team :

Hi,

Just to clear something what is seen wrong. The api is not a node or mixer whatever.  I will try to explain in short words.

The wallet asks the api about which node to the subchain is available and choose random out of possibilities.  The api returns that node and it's public key to encrypt the destination address. The wallet sends the transaction to the chosen node and the transaction details enter the subchain where there again an exit point in this subchain is chosen And where the transaction is send to. There it gets decrypted and enters the navajo network again sending to the final receiver.

That process uses double encryption over the subchain and is not traceable.

This is exactly what has been implemented and an API based technology is used only to select a specific node from which the Navajo Transaction is Channel through rest of the processes happen directly within the subchains and rest of the NavajoCoin Network , which you can clearly see and clear your doubts on the whitepaper.

Regards
Shahim

Anonymous Network Decentralisation

One of the next major steps for Navajocoin is to decentralise the anonymous nodes so that anyone running a webserver can install it and process Anonymous transactions. Make no mistake, the current system runs off the Navajo Subchain which is built using decentralised blockchain technology. However there are obvious concerns in publishing the node technology due to the risk of someone altering the code maliciously. We are currently investigating options on how to approach this so we can truly decentralise the node system.

Yep, we've had a few discussions on how to do this already. Probably the best idea so far is to port the processing scripts to a language which can be compiled. Something like Node.JS or Java would do nicely. Then before a wallet sends a transaction to a particular node, it would run a checksum against the compiled file and compare the result against a masternode's checksum. Then if they both match, it means that the files have been unaltered and it is safe to send the transaction to that node for processing.

Until we can guarantee a method which is unbreakable and unalterable, we can't distribute the processing code. It is high on our agenda though.

For now, we have a setup multiple nodes across multiple web hosts of which one is chosen at random. So it is somewhat decentralised already, even if not publicly.

And, as I said in my post on the project roadmap and i would like to reiterate it here again; We can't currently distribute the node scripts until we can integrity check every node that a user sets up (for obvious security reasons). However, the current system is running as per the whitepaper and it uses the decentralised navajo subchain to pass value from the incoming nodes to outgoing nodes and instruct the outgoing node who to send the coins to and how many to send.

The Navajo Anonymous Network does NOT rely on a centralised database to store transaction values and addresses.

It is NOT simply a coin mixer with master nodes.

So even if the system were to get wiped out, we could set it back up by simply restoring the subchain wallet and the script, then the wallet would re-sync and start processing any pending transactions again since the data is decentralised on the block chain and not stored in a database.

I hope everyone has taken the time to read the whitepaper, even if it is reasonably technical and boring.

legendary
You forget NavajoCoin

Pages:
Jump to: