Pages:
Author

Topic: [DASH/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins (MUST READ) - page 4. (Read 33664 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
True to your subject heading, then, the focus is on the most known, rather than the most anonymous.   Which is interesting, but unfortunate that the two are far from the same thing.

Why don't you make your own thread then? I see nothing wrong with comparing the most known anonymous coins, although it certainly isn't the only way to compare coins or to choose coins to compare.
Activity: 35
Merit: 11

If Dash was 90th on marketcap it wouldn't even be in the comparison, but too many people buy it because of it's "anonymity" feature ... It may be why it needs to be compared to real anon coins.

And you can't compare a pump & dump like Cloakcoin (many many people were burnt on that coin), and a coin like Dash that kept a good value after each pump.

You're right on "digitalnote", comparison should be updated next week.

True to your subject heading, then, the focus is on the most known, rather than the most anonymous.   Which is interesting, but unfortunate that the two are far from the same thing.

A couple questions:

Have you looked at cloakcoin since their dpos3 implementation?   IMHO they have evolved far past the "shit coin" stage, but curious as to what impact others thinks this has.
http://cloakcoin.com/downloads/posa3wp.pdf

Is Monero truely anonymous?   I am not so sure.   More interesting still, some Monero Devs will Admit that the coin isn't fully anonymous, with known solutions, yet none have been implemented.
https://lab.getmonero.org/pubs/MRL-0004.pdf

Based on this, IMHO, the only Truly anonymous Cryptonote coin (other than the Digitalnote hybrid) is Boolberry.     

Granted:  Boolberry is far less popular, has less value, and there are big questions around future DEV involvement, as you've pointed out.

But unfortunately, "well-known" does not necessarily imply true anonymity.   
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

It seems to me that Coakcoin should be in this list as well.

I realize earlier versions were lacking, but they've done significant development.

Any comments on the coin, or why it's currently ommited?

It's exactly like I said for NavajoCoin, we don't need to add shitcoins to that comparison.

For Boolberry, is developement still going on that coin ?

For ANC, did they delivered something at last ? Last time I checked, they had still delivered nothing new :/

Boolberry development continues, but is in great condition already as demonstrated by the comparison chart above
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11792253

https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry
Lead developer has made recent commits to GitHub and has stated that BBR is still his primary project. Has been busy with another cryptonote PoS project for several months. See bitcointalk comments. Cryptozoidberg will be back to work on BBR more.

Looks like he is more active, but as no real development was done since January it may be interesting to add BBR only if it continues.

I'm not currently affiliated with any of these coins, and I can appreciate that perspective.

May I ask, in your opinion, what is the technical difference between Cloakcoin and Darkcoin, other than price, that makes one go on the list and the other not?

Both have shady histories and distribution questions.

Both lack decentralized anonymity

Both, despite other questions, have never had their anonymity broken.

Clarification would be appreciated.   Not looking for an arguement, just seeking a technical comparison.

p.s....maybe change "darknote" to "digitalnote"?

If Dash was 90th on marketcap it wouldn't even be in the comparison, but too many people buy it because of it's "anonymity" feature ... It may be why it needs to be compared to real anon coins.

And you can't compare a pump & dump like Cloakcoin (many many people were burnt on that coin), and a coin like Dash that kept a good value after each pump.

You're right on "digitalnote", comparison should be updated next week.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10

I realize earlier versions were lacking, but they've done significant development.

It's exactly like I said for NavajoCoin, we don't need to add shitcoins to that comparison.

For ANC, did they delivered something at last ? Last time I checked, they had still delivered nothing new :/

Boolberry development continues, but is in great condition already as demonstrated by the comparison chart above
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11792253

https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/boolberry
Lead developer has made recent commits to GitHub and has stated that BBR is still his primary project. Has been busy with another cryptonote PoS project for several months. See bitcointalk comments. Cryptozoidberg will be back to work on BBR more.
It seems to me that Cloakcoin should be in this list as well.

I'm not currently affiliated with any of these coins, and I can appreciate that perspective.

May I ask, in your opinion, what is the technical difference between Cloakcoin and Darkcoin, other than price, that makes one go on the list and the other not?

Both have shady histories and distribution questions.

Both lack decentralized anonymity

Both, despite other questions, have never had their anonymity broken.

Clarification would be appreciated.   Not looking for an arguement, just seeking a technical comparison.

p.s....maybe change "darknote" to "digitalnote"?

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Two fixes for comparison:

- Monero: it has a web wallet: mymonero.com
- DarkNote: it has a lite GUI wallet (the official one is LITE - it doesn't download blockchain to PC)

I miss in this comparsion ANC = Anoncoin, it the first coin on this anon topic.
BTC38 is in the china market well known. look -> http://www.btc38.com/trade_en.html

greetings
Activity: 399
Merit: 250
Shadow Bug & Bounty Program

Donation Address: SdcbugSrxsYSBzxB2cVfiAYdqwjftLBaF1

According to Linus’ Law, “given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow”. That’s one of the reasons why Shadow’s source code is publicly available; but merely making the source code available doesn’t accomplish anything if people don’t read it!

For this reason, Shadow has a series of bug bounties. Similar to the bounties offered by Mozilla and Google, Shadow bug bounties provide an opportunity for people who find bugs to be compensated. Unlike those programs, however, Shadow’s bounties are not limited to security vulnerabilities.

Depending on the type of bug and when it is reported, different bounties will be awarded. Bounties are paid out in SDC, at the 3-day average of each to a fixed US Dollar value.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bug Bounties and Rewards

$1500

Deanonymize ShadowChat or ShadowSend (proof that a protocol is not anonymous)

$750

A flaw in the protocol that allows for theft or loss of funds

$500

A bug in the reference client that leads to consensus issues

$250

A bug which causes data corruption or loss

$100

A bug which causes the application to crash

$50

Other non-harmless bugs

$10

‘Harmless’ bugs, e.g. cosmetic errors

*Bounties will be paid out for bugs found in the master branch of the official GitHub repositories.

More informations here : http://aboutshadow.com/index.php/bug-and-bounty-program

Github : https://github.com/SDCDev/shadowcoin
Buy and Hold your coins guys.This coin will be worth double the amount in a few days Grin

Double ? Ahahah, well... We'll see Wink
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Buy and Hold your coins guys.This coin will be worth double the amount in a few days Grin
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
lol scam and spam photoshop shadowcrap going nut!
Boolberry comparison:

Boolberry Compared to Bitcoin
In comparison to Bitcoin forks, Boolberry is developed on newer CryptoNote technology, making it of more flexible architecture. The main benefit of CryptoNote technology is anonymity of the sender and recipient along with transaction unlinkability. This provides great protection to user's privacy which is highly important today.

Boolberry benefits:
  • Ring Signature based cryptography, which ensures new level of privacy, anonymity and unlinkability
  • Separate Wallet and Daemon provide and additional level of security and cloud compatibility
  • Flexible RPC-like network protocol with forward and backward capability provides ability to extend network interaction format quickly and painlessly.
  • New ASIC-Resistant Hash algorithm named Wild Keccack takes the SHA3 Keccak to a higher level.

Boolberry Compared to CryptoNote
Boolberry was designed from the beginning to address several issues with Ordinary CryptoNote coins such incomplete anonymity and block chain bloat.
  • Unlinkable outputs ensures the user's anonymity is not broken due to zero mixin usage.
  • Transaction identification by prefix allows Boolberry to cut ring signatures from block chain reducing block chain size by 60-90%, depending on mixin usage.
  • Removed Dust from block reward to reduce block chain size even more.
  • New block chain based PoW hash provides faster synchronization with network and immunity from DoS attacks.
  • Network Alerts allow developers to broadcast messages about critical updates or other important events to the network
  • Donation-based crowd-funding: Boolberry has an open and transparent model of project financing with a maximum of 1% of mined coins reserved for project development. The actual rate is controlled by network participants (miners) using votes. Boolberry gives a fixed percentage to the CryptoNote founders.
  • Wallet address aliasing: any wallet can be linked with symbolic name via special type extra record in coinbase. Block chain will control registered names uniqueness.
  • More rational emission curve

Please add Boolberry to this comparison chart. It is one of the most innovative cryptonote coins.

See the attached presentation to learn more:
http://boolberry.com/files/Boolberry_Solves_CryptoNote_Issues.pdf

The problem is that ordinary CryptoNote coin’s will lose unlinkability from time to time (with mixin = 0),

Boolberry has a special flag in each transaction’s output to fix this problem.

With the flag the sender can set the output to be used only with specified number of mixins.

In other words, this flag guarantees that this coin won’t be spent without mixins, so it will never compromise ring signatures in which it was
involved.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
I guess we'll need more updates soon Cheesy
Activity: 478
Crytonote (XMR, XDN, BBR and etc.) and SDC are using ring signatures to make untraceable payment. 
Navajo is using sub chain, and double encryption to create anonymous payment.
Both are complicated, and have not gone through many thorough review by expert 3 party and most of us here do not have the capability to claim either ring signatures or double encryption is superior.

While Dash has been around the longest, with multi-tier network and masternode.  Masternode is not centralized, because anyone can run it.  The network create incentive to run a Masternode which is also a full node.  So Dash is now very stable with a lot decentralized masternode.  Dash is using mixing to create untraceable payment, I feel that sometime simple solution is the best way to solve a problem.  Dash also has been reviewed by 3 party expert, the mixing part has been further improved over time.  For now, I shall put my money with Dash, while open to look for and learn other anonymous cryptocurrency.
Pages:
Jump to: