Pages:
Author

Topic: DEA Agents in Silk Road Case Face Fraud Charges - page 14. (Read 14430 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Pre-sale - March 18
lets get tomatoe cage to fund raise, im seriously donating, lets get something going so the parents can fight the Gov and there bullies.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
Ain't no party like a Counterparty!
Crazy turn of events, you really couldn't make this shit up.

Force created certain fictional personas -- that were not officially sanctioned -- to communicate with DPR ...
...Using one of these personas, Force sought to extort DPR by seeking monetary payment...  

Makes you wonder if DPR was coerced into "hiring a hitman."
It was all bullshit!!!  Seems like the gov has corruption on there side and people need to get into the street to free Ross right at this moment. AQUITT HIM OF ALL CHARGES, IM thinking MTGOX paid the gov off and setup ROSS in the end. Put Mark Kapales in jail.

Exactly, I was just telling my coworker about this that he needs a retrial and my coworker was like "Does Ross have the cash for a retrial?" I'm like bro, do you not know how many people support Ross in the bitcoin community? If his parents started a crowdfund to pay lawyers for a retrial I guarantee it would be fully funded in a week.
Pre-sale - March 18

Force created certain fictional personas -- that were not officially sanctioned -- to communicate with DPR ...
...Using one of these personas, Force sought to extort DPR by seeking monetary payment...  

It was all bullshit!!!  Seems like the gov has corruption on there side and people need to get into the street to free Ross right at this moment. AQUITT HIM OF ALL CHARGES, IM thinking MTGOX paid the gov off and setup ROSS in the end. Put Mark Kapales in jail.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116
any chance this would give ulbricht a window to climb out?
Yes.  Prosecutorial misconduct.  It can have VERY far reaching implications.  Now, the prosecution is easily shown to have reason to lie.  About this - and other things.  This is VERY good for Ross.  I am pretty sure his attorney will be asking for a retrial by the end of the week.

This might be his only shot. Hopefully he has a very expensive legal team.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
That is scandal, huge thing. Silk road admin will benefit from this.
Hard to find right words at situation like that.
Activity: 627
Merit: 500
The state just 100% nuked their own case... re-trial will be coming soon. It will be VERY hard to get a jury to know what is real and what was set-up now, prosecution is going to be in for a nightmare. I think they might be forced to do a deal now.
Pre-sale - March 18
Why isnt the bitcoin community going to Washington and demanding Ross freedom, we can see how courrupt the gov is, now they should do the crime and take responsibility in there own infrastructure.  If we all march now, we can save him.
Activity: 364
The 4th industrial revolution!
Interesting tweet here: https://twitter.com/JDratel/status/582636014872723456
Major Silk Road govt corruption scandal revelation today that we've had to sit on for four months and were not permitted to use at trial.

And very interesting replies:
 jlaw ‏@jlaw101 56m56 minutes ago

@texteditorSA @ClausHoumann @JDratel @valdesjo77 Carl Force was heavily involved in the investigation.
0 retweets 0 favorites

@texteditorSA @ClausHoumann @JDratel @valdesjo77 "The DEA official, Carl Force, was "the lead undercover agent in communication" with DPR"
0 retweets 0 favorites
Sam Braverman ‏@SamBraverman 38m38 minutes ago

@JDratel I would say I'm stunned, but nothing stuns me about these prosecutions. The more they want you, the more they'll do to get you.
0 retweets 0 favorites
Anonymous ‏@AnonyOps 28m28 minutes ago

.@JDratel Surely this info was extremely relevant to the trial, since it speaks directly to the trustworthiness of DEA testimony. #SilkRoad

IAS

I'm calling it now.  Ross gets 2-4 years with probation after this all settles a while from now.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
Interesting tweet here: https://twitter.com/JDratel/status/582636014872723456
Major Silk Road govt corruption scandal revelation today that we've had to sit on for four months and were not permitted to use at trial.

And very interesting replies:

@texteditorSA @ClausHoumann @JDratel @valdesjo77 Carl Force was heavily involved in the investigation.
0 retweets 0 favorites

@texteditorSA @ClausHoumann @JDratel @valdesjo77 "The DEA official, Carl Force, was "the lead undercover agent in communication" with DPR"
0 retweets 0 favorites
Sam Braverman ‏@SamBraverman 38m38 minutes ago

@JDratel I would say I'm stunned, but nothing stuns me about these prosecutions. The more they want you, the more they'll do to get you.
0 retweets 0 favorites
Anonymous ‏@AnonyOps 28m28 minutes ago

.@JDratel Surely this info was extremely relevant to the trial, since it speaks directly to the trustworthiness of DEA testimony. #SilkRoad

IAS
Activity: 910
Wow what an interesting turn of events. Still doubt Ulbricht will get too much of it. I think his lawyers should definitely try tough.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

It's nice to hear one of them is also being charged with running a scam exchange after all the scam exchanges we were ripped off in.

According to prosecutors, Force also used his position as an executive at a digital currency exchange called CoinMKT, in which he was an investor, to seize accounts of customers. He transferred $297,000 in illegally-seized digital currency to his personal accounts, prosecutors allege in the criminal complaint.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
I hope every case they have touched in their entire career falls apart.

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
The level of profit mongering from these two is quite impressive!
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
No telling how many Bitcoins they made selling cocaine to the SR folks Undecided
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
"Sadly there is about as much chance of Ross seeing freedom in his lifetime as there is Chelsea Manning. Zero percent."

IIRC, there was no plea bargain, and a jury trial. Now, imagine you are a juror, and the defence
has just demonstrated that the prosecution witnesses are liars, thieves, and felons. Would you
convict on that testimony? In most countries there would be no question, he would walk.

"Bridges allegedly diverted to his personal account over $800,000 in digital currency that he gained control of during the Silk Road investigation.  The complaint alleges that Bridges placed the assets into an account at Mt. Gox, the now-defunct digital currency exchange in Japan.  He then allegedly wired funds into one of his personal investment accounts in the United States mere days before he sought a $2.1 million seizure warrant for Mt. Gox’s accounts."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-03-30/federal-agents-investigating-bitcoin-money-laundering-stole-over-1-million-bitcoin

This is a HUGE HUGE blunder by the prosecution.
If there is ANY precedence here, and I would bet that there is, Ross might very well get off.
Any legal experts?

It is hard to put into words how the prosecution must feel right now, but I'll try with a picture.

And Ross...

Pre-sale - March 18

Sadly there is about as much chance of Ross seeing freedom in his lifetime as there is Chelsea Manning. Zero percent.   Sad

You are absolutely right. There is 0% chance of Ross Ulbricht ever released from the prison. He is one of the prime targets of the bankers. That said, imagine what the bankers will do to Satoshi, if they are able to identify him.  Grin

Im sure satoshi knew this, Im glad they cant find him
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217

Sadly there is about as much chance of Ross seeing freedom in his lifetime as there is Chelsea Manning. Zero percent.   Sad

You are absolutely right. There is 0% chance of Ross Ulbricht ever released from the prison. He is one of the prime targets of the bankers. That said, imagine what the bankers will do to Satoshi, if they are able to identify him.  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: