Pages:
Author

Topic: DEA Agents in Silk Road Case Face Fraud Charges - page 15. (Read 14412 times)

Activity: 135
Merit: 100
"Sadly there is about as much chance of Ross seeing freedom in his lifetime as there is Chelsea Manning. Zero percent."

IIRC, there was no plea bargain, and a jury trial. Now, imagine you are a juror, and the defence
has just demonstrated that the prosecution witnesses are liars, thieves, and felons. Would you
convict on that testimony? In most countries there would be no question, he would walk.

"Bridges allegedly diverted to his personal account over $800,000 in digital currency that he gained control of during the Silk Road investigation.  The complaint alleges that Bridges placed the assets into an account at Mt. Gox, the now-defunct digital currency exchange in Japan.  He then allegedly wired funds into one of his personal investment accounts in the United States mere days before he sought a $2.1 million seizure warrant for Mt. Gox’s accounts."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-03-30/federal-agents-investigating-bitcoin-money-laundering-stole-over-1-million-bitcoin
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I am amazed any federal agents are being held accountable for this, they really want to set an example of btc users, I think partially to scare people from using it

Me too i am not sure it will stick though, does anyone know the amount supposedly stolen by them? I can get threw to the article until i get on another computer. They steal anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand and get screwed if true and their department steals 100's of thousands and charges ross for crimes, funny old world. That won't set an example of bitcoin users if anything people will want to know what bitcoin is making agents get sticky fingers. So many smoke and mirrors agents stealing from their own site that should read.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Pre-sale - March 18
any chance this would give ulbricht a window to climb out?
Yes.  Prosecutorial misconduct.  It can have VERY far reaching implications.  Now, the prosecution is easily shown to have reason to lie.  About this - and other things.  This is VERY good for Ross.  I am pretty sure his attorney will be asking for a retrial by the end of the week.
the government should also payback all users funds as well/
Activity: 518

Sadly there is about as much chance of Ross seeing freedom in his lifetime as there is Chelsea Manning. Zero percent.   Sad
Usually evidence tampering will get the defendant acquitted. If the agents are found guilty then Ross may have some chance of freedom.
Activity: 560
I am amazed any federal agents are being held accountable for this, they really want to set an example of btc users, I think partially to scare people from using it

Sadly there is about as much chance of Ross seeing freedom in his lifetime as there is Chelsea Manning. Zero percent.   Sad
Sorry dude - you are wrong.  It fucks the whole case up once you know the prosecutors team is lying.  He might get a walk if this gets too ugly.

Here is the complaint against their own Federal Agents: http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/opa/press-releases/attachments/2015/03/30/criminal_complaint_force.pdf

"Carl Mark Force IV" - pretty cool name.  Maybe even cooler than: "Dread Pirate Roberts"
Activity: 31
Merit: 0

Sadly there is about as much chance of Ross seeing freedom in his lifetime as there is Chelsea Manning. Zero percent.   Sad
Activity: 518
Yes.  Prosecutorial misconduct.  It can have VERY far reaching implications.  Now, the prosecution is easily shown to have reason to lie.  About this - and other things.  This is VERY good for Ross.  I am pretty sure his attorney will be asking for a retrial by the end of the week.
Do you know how they stole the money? I would think to make their theft worth the risk it would be several hundreds of coins, would that not raise any red flags?
Activity: 420
Merit: 263
let's make a deal.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Two former federal agents are expected to be arrested on Monday on charges of stealing money while working undercover on an investigation into Silk Road, the once-thriving black market website for drug dealing, a document shows.

Read more: http://www.coinspectator.com/dea-agents-in-silk-road-case-face-fraud-charges/
Pages:
Jump to: