Pages:
Author

Topic: Decentralised-Liquidity Exchange -- 'D-L-Ex' - page 40. (Read 63120 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
September 30, 2016, 10:30:32 AM
‘This Deutsche Bank story is really casting a very long shadow over equity markets’
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-stocks-idUSKCN11Z1FN

Deutsche is being signaled as "The Lehman Bros." ... timing is rather right on schedule too Wink

http://notquant.com/is-deutsche-bank-the-next-lehman/

actual coincidence ... i picked a random deutsche bank img ... and it is sourced to ... is-deutsche-bank-the-next-lehman ... the UNoVERSE has spoken
IMZ
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
September 30, 2016, 12:36:01 AM
Uno-Eth, either here or on C-Cex?
Activity: 272
Merit: 251
September 29, 2016, 10:10:35 PM
Thank you so much, Mark. I will post in this thread when I receive the silver and I will also post amount paid and trade complete, you can mark it as trade complete. Whichever is preferable.
IMZ
legendary
September 29, 2016, 08:11:02 PM
Morning, everyone.

Yes, RDD: the 'national chapters' thang comes from the Uno-bullion thang. Details on request.

And speaking of bullion, one oz. of Ag is winging its way to RDD: first international trade for a long time.

Good volume and buy-support today.

ANNNNND:

‘This Deutsche Bank story is really casting a very long shadow over equity markets’

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-stocks-idUSKCN11Z1FN
September 29, 2016, 02:23:39 PM
One thing to note, somehow your last two posts are out of chronological order, so IMZ is officially a time traveler. (Your last post timestamp shows it was before your second to last post, somehow)

UNO is going to need quite simply just a few solid investors who buy up a certain holding and believe in it long term. Like a Roger Ver. Someone who buys up a couple tons quickly makes it that much harder and more costly for the next guy, but what will cause whales to buy in say, 500, 2,000, 5,000, 10,000 coins? If the coins all go to an auction as they should, what happens if a big guy who's been quietly holding UNO or wants in buys most or all of that 15k UNO?

They are things to think about, because at the same time many or most of us are full time on other things and UNO is our open source side love. If I had the money. I'd love to work on UNO stuff full time.
Primarily work needs done on merchant acceptance, use cases for buying things, and I think that sites like jmbullion.com and other exchanges should accept for PMs. They love Bitcoin, so due to the low inflation and the reasoning behind liking Bitcoin and how it's like a digital metal, they should easily see how Unobtanium can be like the platinum or higher to Bitcoin being gold. Even if it takes a good run up. I mean, look how long metals take to reach certain levels through their super cycle. We haven't even reached our first super cycle yet!
IMZ
legendary
September 28, 2016, 07:49:13 PM
Noo Era!

I have some bids in. [Small-ish] packets of Uno available here shortly.

Meanwhile, 'vehement denials'!! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/09/28/deutsche-bank-earns-1bn-boost-by-selling-off-abbey-life/

When the denials are 'vehement,' you always know something is going on!

[Does anyone trade TX?]
IMZ
legendary
September 28, 2016, 08:20:32 AM
Some Big Picture Thoughts

Firstly, this is a good read: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/its-q4-2016-so-where-is-bitcoins-consumer-demand-cm685512
It’s a to and fro concerning the pros and cons of a range of coins.

What are Uno’s pros and cons?

The community is v. small. There is no development programme as such. The dice have been rolled on the ‘crypto commodity’ thang. The price has been dropping for over a year, and the impact of the Cryptsy coins remains ahead of us.

So, how do we ‘sell’ Unobtanium? Absolutely unavoidably first is: the price stops falling (price against Bitcoin. Fiat price is irrelevant.). We can’t support the price; it’s gotta stop goin’ down on its own.

Then we have to differentiate ourselves against Bitcoin et al. Roger Ver’s suggestion that ‘multiple Bitcoin’s’ is a good idea has reverberated. Good ol’ 1.0 Bitcoin now faces the same future as evil ol’ 2.0 Ether. We’ve started hearing the term ‘clean blockchain’ – that’s us. (We can deal with bloat and whatever else down the track: we have a competent dev.)

And there’s still years of Bitcoin ‘inflation’ to go. Against that, Uno’s supply really is getting’ ‘tight.’

And that’s our pitch:

Unobtanium is rare in the sense of few units incoming. It’s established, and its block chain is lean and clean. It doesn’t face any drama in coming years.

Simple and solid.

One Final Thought: this community needs to forthwith stop treating Falling Knife like [EDIT: a lackey]. He has worked and worked and worked for this coin:

Bitcointalk thread, Cryptocointalk thread, Reddit thread, researching the Cryptsy drama, managing the merged-mining debate, liaising with devs and others, c e a s e l e s s l y providing the daily content that keeps a coin alive, researching the technical data on mining, participating in community projects.
IMZ
legendary
September 27, 2016, 11:38:09 PM
The Turtle-Power Market Report: 6.88 buy-support (Bittrex and Cryptopia) Should we add the C-Cex figure to this daily total? (It’s 0.23 at this second.)

And good volume, over $1,000 at this second.

Litecoin confidential? Ta for the report, RDD. ( I’m studying dark coins.)

And me @ Uno? I have a pinch of coin in buy-support. Otherwise, treading water. If anyone has ideas for trading here, please do post them!

EDIT: Do I understand correctly that the Cryptsy Uno is gonna be auctioned?  Let's make the D L Ex a venue for discussing the issue.
September 27, 2016, 06:01:21 PM
@Mark: Charlie Lee is soon to implement confidential transactions into Litecoin. Buy some now to have an early in. He just said it confirmed in his latest bitcoin.com podcast interview.

legendary
September 27, 2016, 11:28:12 AM
anyone reading this message
CAN BE THEIR OWN BANK

$UNO
legendary
September 27, 2016, 11:12:20 AM
i can'nt help but notice the support is ... on the rise ... easy Wave if you rode in Wink

This message is 'turtle-power approved'!
IMZ
legendary
September 26, 2016, 04:09:22 PM
D L Ex -- 'turtle-power approved'!

Market Report: 6.2 Btc

Anyone own Transfer Coin? I'm muckin' about with my first dark-coin wallet.

EDIT: check the fabulous string of articles about unsound banks: http://www.zerohedge.com/
IMZ
legendary
September 25, 2016, 08:57:52 PM
Market Report: 4.56 Btc in buy-support

And I'm goin' over and over the little data I have, to see if I can figure out how much buy-support will be available.
IMZ
legendary
September 25, 2016, 01:39:28 AM
' . . . To make way for cryptocurrency in India, entrepreneurs need to sell the products based on the advantages of cryptocurrency, rather than the cryptocurrency itself.” '

https://cointelegraph.com/news/india-may-overtake-china-in-bitcoin-use

Gee! [my italics]

And: ' . . .  In the past all Bitcoin trades have been offline . . . ' ibid.

And I'm puddling about with a TX wallet.

And this is great weekend reading: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-24/merkel-rules-out-bailout-deutsche-bank-depositor-bail-coming
IMZ
legendary
September 24, 2016, 10:23:23 PM
Market Report Today: 2.76 Btc in buy-support

Me? I'm keeping my powder dry for the dump. (Any details on when?) But this exchange/thread is alive and well.

And it's interesting to check the buy-sell splits of other coins: Uno's is tight. So are Diamond's and Apple's. But Zeit's is 50% (trading one satoshi against two . . . ). And CBX's is well over 20%.
IMZ
legendary
September 24, 2016, 09:04:27 PM
' . . .  proclaim it, Westmoreland, through my host,
That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart . . .

Shakespeare
legendary
September 24, 2016, 01:37:29 PM
Rise like lions after slumber
In unfathomable number
Shake your chains to earth like dew
That in sleep have fallen on you
Ye are many, they are few.

(Shelley)
IMZ
legendary
September 23, 2016, 07:51:43 PM
Morning, D L Ex-ers!

One: I understood ‘LocalUno’ as RD does.

Two: B.N. has provided me a block of data to consider: what ‘suite of trading-pairs’ is most likely gonna hold sway here?’

N.B.: exactly the point of ‘the social aspect’ of the D L Ex is that we don’t get hot under the collar. Everything is – should be – up for discussion. My two cents’ worth this morning then is:

I think Uno-Eth would be a fine trading-pair.

Three: we have a member – RD – who has experience of LocalBitcoins – niiiiice!

Four: wanna post thoughts on how you think Uno’s price is gonna go when the dump comes? (Tee hee – spontaneous Coretanium-ising goin' on!)

Market Report:
3.16 Bitcoin in buy-support
September 23, 2016, 02:39:47 PM
I meant localUNO being the exact same thing as localbitcoins.com in the sense that a site works as an escrow party to buy and sell Unobtanium instead of Bitcoin. Not necessarily literal local people in the same town. That would be great, although it's proven to be really far fetched in actually working. Whereas, localbitcoins.com I can go and deposit money in someone's bank account at Wells Fargo by walking into the lobby and depositing into their account whatever amount we agreed upon, and I can't be ripped off by the seller because localbitcoins.com already confirmed he sent the amount of Bitcoin, and it's released once the deposit is made. I've only bought on there about 5-6 times but it was always very fast with the top rated sellers. They were all the way across the country each time I purchased, so not technically local, but basically a good OTC trading platform. THIS is what I want to see for UNO.
legendary
September 23, 2016, 07:50:02 AM
localUNO

this has been kicked around for ages (crypto ages)

but yes, it still is a mighty bright idea.

if UNO captures just one small town (pop. 5000-10000 humanZ)
then it is a raging success ... really.

top that off with the localUNO being global, still have interest in how Square turns out,
and,
top that all off with the FACT that UNO floats on the big distributed worldwideweb market Wink

and at tip top is 'D-L-Ex' providing p2p otc

edit:
1. localUNO = a microeconomy project = needs another name
2. localUNOcoins.com = square = localbitcoins = localUNO
3. basepairUNO = i think c_cex lists a ETH/UNO pair
4. 'D-L-Ex' = OTC = this place  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: