Pages:
Author

Topic: DefaultTrust changes - page 6. (Read 84267 times)

copper member
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1898
Amazon Prime Member #7
November 24, 2022, 03:00:43 AM

This is one example of why it is important to read the content of trust ratings, and review referenced threads. Those who received these trust ratings will have a better trust score, but anyone looking at those scores will see that the positive ratings are questionable and will act accordingly.

I would also point out that someone engaging in many trades in which they send first is likely to be a safe trading partner, even if sending first in a small number of trades doesn’t indicate the same.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
November 14, 2022, 12:26:42 PM
nope doesnt bug me at all!

simply used it as an example Smiley

my point is everyone should be able to use their list as they see fit. I personally dont use it at all because everytime I add or remove someone, it creates a tidal wave of contacts/posts/dms from people whom I have never dealt with complaining about what I screwed up by adding/removing someone.

THIS ^^^ is Exactly why I sent Theymos a PGP signed message asking to be blacklisted from DT-1 altogether  - I was getting the same kinds of BS, and didn't have time to make everyone happy - PLus, I felt like I was taking up a DT1 slot that could be better utilized by someone who does more scam-busting instead...

BPIP only constantly updates DT1 changes afaik, so I don't get any of that bs anymore, people leave me alone, I haven't gotten one PM about my list ever since! Smiley

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 2195
EIN: 82-3893490
November 14, 2022, 12:24:01 PM
@Mopar - Like I said, I distrust users so I don't see their ratings as "Trusted". I still see untrusted feedback, so I know what the hell is going on... Yes, this is MY way of using my list, I'm sorry if it bugs you or something, personally I don't give any F's about anyone else's trust list, so feel free to distrust me back, it's all cool brother! Wink

I don't leave trust anymore unless I PERSONALLY took a large risk on buying without escrow or a large dollar amount thing(s)... Sometimes I don't even bother because I don't think it's anyone else's business what I buy or sell here between parties I personally know and talk to frequently.  Roll Eyes

Again, it's nothing personal, and you are correct- I should have added this to my prior post -

NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO OR TRY, PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS USE THEIR LISTS AND FEEDBACKS IN THE MANNER THEY THINK IS CORRECT.

One adjustment I can think of - (maybe 3 lol) - Ratings - Have a buy/sell/trade option that's mandatory to tick off - or if it's just "General Feedback" too maybe?

IDK - I've been thinking of many ways to solve this, but I can't come up with anything - Maybe a separate list/trusts for collectibles folks? Huh

Big thanks to LoyceV for all his work on everything btw, can't thank you enough for all you have done for the forum! Cheesy

nope doesnt bug me at all!

simply used it as an example Smiley

my point is everyone should be able to use their list as they see fit. I personally dont use it at all because everytime I add or remove someone, it creates a tidal wave of contacts/posts/dms from people whom I have never dealt with complaining about what I screwed up by adding/removing someone.
legendary
November 14, 2022, 12:22:19 PM
@Mopar - Like I said, I distrust users so I don't see their ratings as "Trusted". I still see untrusted feedback, so I know what the hell is going on... Yes, this is MY way of using my list, I'm sorry if it bugs you or something, personally I don't give any F's about anyone else's trust list, so feel free to distrust me back, it's all cool brother! Wink

I don't leave trust anymore unless I PERSONALLY took a large risk on buying without escrow or a large dollar amount thing(s)... Sometimes I don't even bother because I don't think it's anyone else's business what I buy or sell here between parties I personally know and talk to frequently.  Roll Eyes

Again, it's nothing personal, and you are correct- I should have added this to my prior post -

NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO OR TRY, PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS USE THEIR LISTS AND FEEDBACKS IN THE MANNER THEY THINK IS CORRECT.

One adjustment I can think of - (maybe 3 lol) - Ratings - Have a buy/sell/trade option that's mandatory to tick off - or if it's just "General Feedback" too maybe?

IDK - I've been thinking of many ways to solve this, but I can't come up with anything - Maybe a separate list/trusts for collectibles folks? Huh

Big thanks to LoyceV for all his work on everything btw, can't thank you enough for all you have done for the forum! Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
November 14, 2022, 12:21:28 PM
Dont like who someone adds/excludes? Then exclude them and move on.
That is how it works. However, instead of just being excluded, I much prefer to see users improve their Trust list, and be active participants in the Trust system.

99% of everyone's trust list is done in retaliation for what someone else did.
I'd say it should be based on what someone did, it doesn't have to be retaliation.

Look at my 3 negatives for example
Two of those are not on DT, so they don't really matter. Many users (including me) have worse feedback from non-DT users.
The only DT-feedback you have, from Vod, doesn't seem like correct use of the Trust system to me.
legendary
November 14, 2022, 12:04:54 PM
You can keep my name out of your conspiracies - I don’t partake in tit for tat backscratching for trust feedback

May I suggest you might like to read what I wrote - MrCryptHodl is adding others when they do a trade (not the other way around).

This is why I dont add or exclude anyone on my trust list - somewhere there is some whining namcy with too much time on their hands worried about someone else and who they trust or who trusts them. Dont like who someone adds/excludes? Then exclude them and move on.

Done.

oh I read it Smiley

but not just directed at you - its the over all theme of this thread. I dont see one person who uses the trust system the way they claim it should be used. 99% of everyone's trust list is done in retaliation for what someone else did.

I once did over 10k in deals with a person, added him to my trust list and had no less than a dozen messages about how I "needed to correct my trust list".

Ever since then, I leave mine blank.  I leave feedback only for those I have done transactions with (and always at least 3 to 4 transactions before I leave any feedback) yet people here still add me to their "distrust" list.

Owlcatz just did 3 or 4 weeks ago - really he has put me on the distrust list/removed me/added me back  -- simply because - well I dont know why to be honest. But that is his choice.

People sit here and literally whine/cry/complain all day long about who does what with their trust list. It is all shit anyways.

Look at my 3 negatives for example -

1. Vod, called me a pedophile lover, a rapist then a scammer and a shitty escrow - we have never had any dealings.

2. todamont, says I am part of some titan coin conspiracy to harrass and steal from victims of some titan theft (when he was proven to have built peeled coins, could not remember where he got the coin he claims titan scammed him on (he never bought it from titan) yet swears the coin is not the peeled one he bought etc etc etc - he sat accusing multiple forum members of either being Tim (from Titan) or aiding Tim without proof.

3. game protect, need I say more?

In the end, everyone needs to do their own research - regardless of trust rating and/or feedback - before dealing with anyone on here.
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
November 14, 2022, 03:24:19 AM
You can keep my name out of your conspiracies - I don’t partake in tit for tat backscratching for trust feedback

May I suggest you might like to read what I wrote - MrCryptHodl is adding others when they do a trade (not the other way around).

This is why I dont add or exclude anyone on my trust list - somewhere there is some whining namcy with too much time on their hands worried about someone else and who they trust or who trusts them. Dont like who someone adds/excludes? Then exclude them and move on.

Done.
legendary
November 13, 2022, 11:04:47 PM

This is why I dont add or exclude anyone on my trust list - somewhere there is some whining nancy with too much time on their hands worried about someone else and who they trust or who trusts them. Dont like who someone adds/excludes? Then exclude them and move on.
legendary
November 13, 2022, 10:58:19 AM
There is a case to be made that MrCryptHodl has engaged in self-scratching going back to their first positive trust feed back they received.
Each time MrCryptHodl receives positive trust feedback, the person is rewarded with positive DT trust which in turn gives MrCryptHodl a higher "most trusted" score.

As a collectibles user, I know most of them don't understand the implications of what they are doing. In fact, I have most of them distrusted as a result - Do I NOT trust them, You might ask?

No, I trust most of them just fine, but I see no logical reason for people in collectibles to give & leave so much trust for relatively low value items. I don't think I've left a positive rating for anything under 1K in a long time... Huh

Anyhow, I've tried helping people over there understand the trust system, but they just don't really get it...

(Another reason I'm blacklisted voluntarily from DT1 - I don't need to take up a slot if I'm not actively leaving ratings for scammers and helping the forum. I understand the argument that trust feedbacks are for "Trades" etc, but I saw what I thought to be an "unhealthy" overlap for the forum as a whole, so I started distrusting most users in that board, and GTFO'd DT1  Huh
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
November 13, 2022, 04:38:26 AM
There is a case to be made that MrCryptHodl has engaged in self-scratching going back to their first positive trust feed back they received.

For example:

Trust list for: MrCryptHodl (Trust: neutral) (16 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP) (created 2021-03-20_Sat_04.06h)
Back to index

MrCryptHodl Trusts these users' judgement:
1. NEW minerjones (Trust: +122 / =0 / -0) (DT1! (19) 1433 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
2. NEW bL4nkcode (Trust: +13 / =1 / -0) (DT1! (5) 675 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
3. 2stout (Trust: +14 / =0 / -0) (36 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
4. MoparMiningLLC (Trust: +20 / =0 / -1) (DT1! (4) 820 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
5. bitcoiner24h (Trust: +15 / =1 / -0) (28 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)

MrCryptHodl Distrusts these users' judgement:
-

MrCryptHodl's judgement is Trusted by:
1. 2stout (Trust: +14 / =0 / -0) (36 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)
2. bitcoiner24h (Trust: +15 / =1 / -0) (28 Merit earned) (Trust list) (BPIP)

~MrCryptHodl's judgement is Distrusted by:
-

Each time MrCryptHodl receives positive trust feedback, the person is rewarded with positive DT trust which in turn gives MrCryptHodl a higher "most trusted" score.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1908
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
November 12, 2022, 10:18:23 PM
How to remove this members from DT1 membership?
You simply can't. I don't know whom you are referring here, I know at least one of such kind who uses the trust system in wrong way but still a DT1 member. Well, if they don't change their habits, they will get off DT in the long. I believe people are more educated on Trust System now than we had last year or prior. This will increase eventually and those who don't use the system perfectly will no longer be in DT member I think. But as I said, it will take time.
legendary
November 12, 2022, 05:08:28 PM
should opposite case also apply?
For example, you don't like someone or you are don't agree with opinions of other members, and you give them negative feedback and distrust them on your trust list.
To quote myself:
If you really hate someone and he's a terrible troll, that does not deserve negative feedback.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
November 12, 2022, 02:57:21 PM
Should there be a limit to how many DT2-users one DT1-user can create? I'm bringing this up because I noticed an increasing number of Newbies and very low ranking users on DT2.
How to reach DT2 as a new user? Just leave positive feedback for MrCryptHodl (see his Trust list), and BOOM, you're DT2!
How to get DT2 positive feedback? Just buy something from MrCryptHodl, pay upfront, and BOOM, you have positive feedback!
I agree this is incorrect use of trust system, but should opposite case also apply?
For example, you don't like someone or you are don't agree with opinions of other members, and you give them negative feedback and distrust them on your trust list.
I can give specific examples, but I think you already know about them yourself very well.
How to remove this members from DT1 membership?
legendary
November 12, 2022, 12:33:55 PM
I already have written in the german local board in the Trust Thread now , about his behaving and how he is doing as far i got told he is a german speaking User.
Lets see if maybe will take care of the situation
Thanks, that would of course be the preferred outcome.

As far as I understand, now this case is no longer relevant  [he corrected his trust list and the number of feedbacks decreased from 65 to 29].
You can't really tell from this data: BPIP shows he no longer trusts a list of users, but that's because of the way BPIP works when someone drops off DT1. After your removal, nutildah excluded him, so the result is the same.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
November 12, 2022, 08:15:10 AM
[...]
As far as I understand, now this case is no longer relevant  [he corrected his trust list and the number of feedbacks decreased from 65 to 29].

In this regard, as I said earlier, I remove the tilde.

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3030
November 12, 2022, 08:07:14 AM
"You should go first"
I wasn't planning on excluding him, but you have a point. I've excluded him:
I already have written in the german local board in the Trust Thread now , about his behaving and how he is doing as far i got told he is a german speaking User.
Lets see if maybe will take care of the situation and what he is doing after that , i also have written a link there to this thread (post) and hope he shows up here to clear that.
He already has lost the ability to choose DT2 members for now.
legendary
light_warrior ... 🕯️
November 12, 2022, 06:20:43 AM
I'll also remove the tilde if he corrects his trust list.

In fact, a simple discussion in this thread and synchronous actions by 4 people can remove most of the current flaws.
legendary
November 12, 2022, 06:14:53 AM
"You should go first"
I wasn't planning on excluding him, but you have a point. I've excluded him:
~MrCryptHodl
This user leaves positive feedback to many users without valid reason (he didn't risk anything), and adds many (new) users who leave him positive feedback to his Trust list (which puts them on DT2).

(although I would prefer that if someone pointed out the problem to him)
He's quite literally using his Sent feedback to advertise his coins. From what I've seen, the self-scratchers on the Collectibles board don't really care much about using the Trust system correctly. As long as they can increase their own Trust score, they're okay with it. MrCryptHodl certainly isn't the only one doing this.
But if he were to improve his Trust ratings and Trust list, I'll remove his exclusion.
legendary
light_warrior ... 🕯️
November 12, 2022, 05:34:16 AM
[...]
How do you usually like to say "You should go first" (especially since you are DT1). Therefore, I am ready to follow your example (although I would prefer that if someone pointed out the problem to him). Then perhaps there will be no need to vote against him.  Smiley
legendary
November 12, 2022, 05:22:53 AM
Should there be a limit to how many DT2-users one DT1-user can create? I'm bringing this up because I noticed an increasing number of Newbies and very low ranking users on DT2.
How to reach DT2 as a new user? Just leave positive feedback for MrCryptHodl (see his Trust list), and BOOM, you're DT2!
How to get DT2 positive feedback? Just buy something from MrCryptHodl, pay upfront, and BOOM, you have positive feedback!

I don't think this is correct use of the Trust system. MrCryptHodl's Sent feedback:
Image loading...

Image loading...
(list shortened)
None of those feedbacks mean the user can be trusted.
Pages:
Jump to: