Pages:
Author

Topic: DiceBitco.in - New Thread to Discuss - page 19. (Read 20658 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
September 08, 2014, 04:20:08 PM
I don't know. The user who posted directly below your post seems to own the smaller of the two, but the remainder has been moved here.

https://blockchain.info/address/1NLdqkJRooQqHHBycnXEdA9R5N5TJb2biB

This accounts for the entire remainder of the sites cold wallet, yet people are claiming they were paid out. Maybe I'm missing something huge or blatantly obvious.

Then I guess that's what is left in the hot wallet.

It keeps moving from address to address as people withdraw and the rest is spent as 'change' to a new address in the hot wallet.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 1028
The Best Tipster on the Forum!!
September 08, 2014, 04:15:29 PM
This is fucked up.The site looked great and admin was always online and now this!  Undecided

And what will happen with the signature payment?Will we be paid?

it would be fair that all 5 btc goes to 100 members so everyone gets now each 0.1 btc

or if there is 10 that everybody gets 0.2btc
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
September 08, 2014, 04:13:31 PM
This is fucked up.The site looked great and admin was always online and now this!  Undecided

And what will happen with the signature payment?Will we be paid?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I lost the liqour money boys...
September 08, 2014, 03:56:17 PM
I think all investors should be able to see mateo's bets verified to prove he wasn't playing a +EV rigged dice game. Maybe he was lucky enough to have nonces skip only on losing bets?

Who cleans out a bankroll flat betting on a -EV game?
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 1028
The Best Tipster on the Forum!!
September 08, 2014, 03:50:21 PM
can escrow pay us money for are signature at least??!
Activity: 322
September 08, 2014, 03:32:16 PM
I was at work today. I had no idea the theft was going on until it was much too late. And apparently the owner will not refund me, either.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
September 08, 2014, 03:28:15 PM
just wondering, was doog staff on the site or was he just a major investor?

i believe he was just an investor and someone who look after the escrow for sig marketing, not a staff.. pls correct me if i'm wrong.

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
September 08, 2014, 03:15:41 PM
just wondering, was doog staff on the site or was he just a major investor?
copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
September 08, 2014, 03:14:54 PM
Handing out these refunds likely scarred investors away which ultimately lead to having a bank roll that is not capable of sustaining a little bit of bad luck.
By the looks of it this wasn't "a little bit of bad luck".

From what I'm hearing people who stayed invested for Mateo have lost around 85% of their investment. Losing 85% of your site's bankroll with a dynamic 0.5% max profit is more than just "a little bit of bad luck".
like I said they should roll back mateos bets. But a bankroll that has players betting the max a high percentage of the time will be adversely affected if one person has a little bit of good luck. I would say that not all of the 15% losses that investors sustained were from him (most probably were) but some percentage were from other legit players who had a lucky streak and stopped.

Too late, from what I've heard and read around here, it seems a withdrawal was processed for mateo which adds to the dishonesty. To think that dicebitcoin would still payout after all the chaos, instead of suspending betting is just completely incomprehensible.
Have you read anything with a source to confirm that his funds were actually withdrawn, or was it just speculation?

I am certain that he was somehow cheating. Even if dicebitco did check his bets and they turned out to look legit I would have not paid him and risked being called a scammer because of the high chances of him cheating even if it couldn't be proven.

I think they continued to process withdrawals so they would have the appearance of being honest. They had the reserves to cover the withdrawals so they took the risk of paying out that much bitcoin at once so people couldn't accuse them of scamming. This did not work, it only allowed the scammer to get away with more (if the scammer and dicebitco are one and the same is another question).
Activity: 322
September 08, 2014, 03:14:45 PM
My support ticket said they wouldn't pay back my 0.3 BTC...
Here's the quote again:

Hi there,

investments are not refundable because they were affected positively by the found "bug".

If you have any other issue please report.

Thank you.
It's a scam... They claim i was affected positively, even though they stole my money...
Activity: 266
I lost the liqour money boys...
September 08, 2014, 03:10:12 PM
Final cold wallet funds ended up in these 2 addresses. Are we expected to believe nobody has withdrawn since then? Not one single satoshi?

https://blockchain.info/address/1N61semERRahc7ivnDT9botTzU8GmZ3bP3
https://blockchain.info/address/132cHaSFGVbakQVsSwzR1Y3QPFXZ1WPyi1

Someone explain why the last of the cold wallet funds reside here and are untouched.

I've not looked at the numbers involved, but is it possible that those addresses belong to a couple of large investors who successfully withdrew their coins?
I don't know. The user who posted directly below your post seems to own the smaller of the two, but the remainder has been moved here.

https://blockchain.info/address/1NLdqkJRooQqHHBycnXEdA9R5N5TJb2biB

This accounts for the entire remainder of the sites cold wallet, yet people are claiming they were paid out. Maybe I'm missing something huge or blatantly obvious.
September 08, 2014, 03:01:41 PM
now i do believe that the dev didn't purposely plan this event.
Maybe it was the bad employee thing.

hope after this is settled the dev would write something about this event.

thanks dev for the withdrawals.

EDIT: however I did lose 2 BTC martingaling yesterday or the day before.. didn't check for the skip nonce bug.

Activity: 9
Merit: 1
September 08, 2014, 03:01:10 PM
This is the transaction from DB:

https://blockchain.info/tx/895089f71ce05b9b5d673779592494b5a0dac74a350c67b3612e9958fe04ff8e

I wasn't able to withdraw before due to a bug (i left 1 satoshi in the site).

Having said this, I've never ever going to deposit anything in that site, just in case ...
September 08, 2014, 02:56:12 PM
this is my client.. it shows withdrawals from DB

here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6m7xvnkgk2yjlsg/dicebetcoin-bitcointalk.png?dl=0

uh.. should have cut the whole address section.. nvm..
Activity: 910
Merit: 530
$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP
September 08, 2014, 02:56:03 PM
I have been wanting to start a "News" section on my website for a while now, just haven't had time with other projects. This whole, unfiltered story will be a great piece to start the section. I will try to do it unbiased, but will definitely list all the proofs that Mateo was most likely manl, and that they were skipping High Roller's (for the most part) winning bets, etc. I will make sure to pimp out some SEO with it so that whenever future people Google DiceBitco.in (if it still exits then) thinking about investing/playing, my story will come up and they will be forewarned and hopefully prevented from being scammed. I'll definitely post a link here to the story when it's done.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴
September 08, 2014, 02:49:10 PM
ok i got my coins back.. thanks OP

Have any proof?

For reference for others:

i dunno what to say.
i put borrowed money on the site. now gone?
September 08, 2014, 02:48:12 PM
ok i got my coins back.. thanks OP
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
September 08, 2014, 02:44:48 PM
Any news from dicebitcoin regarding this? Who invested another 500BTC in the site??? This is just wrong

Looks like mateo 'won' 500 coins from the bankroll and then became the bankroll. The run he went on is near impossible (waiting for someone less lazy to work out the standard deviation), couple that with the incredibly weird betting pattern of mass betting for long periods followed by a long pause then repeating. ADD that to the fact this happened the day after the sites biggest security flaw....
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴
September 08, 2014, 02:42:50 PM
Handing out these refunds likely scarred investors away which ultimately lead to having a bank roll that is not capable of sustaining a little bit of bad luck.

From what I'm hearing people who stayed invested for Mateo have lost around 85% of their investment. Losing 85% of your site's bankroll with a dynamic 0.5% max profit is more than just "a little bit of bad luck".
like I said they should roll back mateos bets. But a bankroll that has players betting the max a high percentage of the time will be adversely affected if one person has a little bit of good luck. I would say that not all of the 15% losses that investors sustained were from him (most probably were) but some percentage were from other legit players who had a lucky streak and stopped.

Too late, from what I've heard and read around here, it seems a withdrawal was processed for mateo which adds to the dishonesty. To think that dicebitcoin would still payout after all the chaos, instead of suspending betting is just completely incomprehensible.
Activity: 350
Merit: 257
Trust No One
September 08, 2014, 02:41:20 PM

In other thread he said something about the rogue employee who also inserted some malicous code for skipping losing bets (setting bet amount to zero) for his own account. So that might be the cause. Even if Manl's intentions were good, it is a huge fuckup on BD side. He should have stopped betting/withdrawals and thoroughly investigate before doing anything to make it all even worse.
I divested and withdrew as soon as I found out he started to refund. At that time I wasn't sure if he would be able to cover all of the losses as he had still no clue about the extent of the damage done and was investigating just one account at a time.
I wanted to return back once all is settled (even if he would decide to rollback the bets and profit on my BD account would be negative). Now, when the site is -330 BTC down, all trust is gone. Sad to see another dice site fail.
Pages:
Jump to: