Pages:
Author

Topic: DiceBitco.in - New Thread to Discuss - page 16. (Read 20658 times)

zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
September 09, 2014, 08:56:34 AM
i hereby donate all my lost gambling and signature moneys (about .25 bitcoins), to whomever got taken for $500,000

distribute it evenly pls
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
September 09, 2014, 08:49:44 AM
Scam or no, mateo being owner or lucky whale...people will forget about this in a week and move on. Only good thing is that no big harm was done, it could have me much worse.

are you fucking kidding me  Huh ?

no harm was done?

after the scam with the skipped nounces was discovered they robbed the remaining investors (many who were at work or
couldn´t be online due to some other) reason by playing with knowing the server seeds!

and by this won at least 600000 $ (that´s more than a half million!!!)

Activity: 252
Activity: 602
Merit: 251
September 09, 2014, 08:47:56 AM
Scam or no, mateo being owner or lucky whale...people will forget about this in a week and move on. Only good thing is that no big harm was done, it could have me much worse.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
September 09, 2014, 08:46:52 AM
what gave you a reason to think that somebody believes that mateo could have been a legitimate whale?
Activity: 27
September 09, 2014, 08:10:51 AM
I still can't believe Dooglus and others actually believe that Matteo could have been a legitimate whale. Are you kidding me? Just the math + the timing alone is 99% of the proof you need. People are going to let Manl get away with stealing 600 + BTC. He decided to only steal from the pooled amount of smaller investors cause he thought he could get away with it (and judging by the responses in this thread, he is). Stealing from one of the 250+ BTC individual investors earlier would have put too much heat on his back.

Let me ask you this: Why the hell would a whale go to dicebitco.in during the first 12 hours of a massive scandal and bet 45,000+ BTC in 24 hours. Are you guys that naive?

legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
September 09, 2014, 07:53:11 AM
just played there. won a bit and get my btcs back. dont look like a scam to me for now

No one has claimed it's a scam in that way. We are plenty who played and won, and I'm not sure if anyone has claimed they couldn't get their money withdrawn.
TSE
Activity: 47
September 09, 2014, 07:49:28 AM
just played there. won a bit and get my btcs back. dont look like a scam to me for now
legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
September 09, 2014, 06:54:34 AM
(...) By the way, for fun can someone explain the math of how monstrously improbable Matteo's run of "luck" (fraud) was?

Let X_i be the random variable modeling the profit of each bet.

Assumptions:
1) profits went from 260 to -330, that is manlteo's profit = (+/-) 600btc
2) N=60k bets of 1btc each @ 2x payout
3) math bullshit (iid random variables), q=0.495

Let S= X_1+X_2+ ... + X_60000. We should expect E(S)= 60000 x ( 1x0.495 + (-1)x0.505 ) = -600 (a loss).

We want to know P[S >= 600]. Central limit theorem states that  \sqrt(N) x [ S - E(S) ] / stdev(X) =: Z is normally distrubuted N(0,1).

var(X) = E(X^2) - E(X)^2 = 1 - (2q-1)^2 = 4q(1-q) = 0.9999, so stdev ~ 1

So
P[S >= 600] = P[Z >= \sqrt(N) [600 -(-600)] / 1 ] = P[Z>= 244x1200] = 1-P[Z<=294000] = 1-1 = 0.

That probability is zero. I'd say you are few orders of magnitude more likely to die, along with 1 million people at the same time, before you finish reading this, than to have maeonlgerry's luck.

Can someone with good knowledge of math confirm this?
Activity: 39
September 09, 2014, 04:32:36 AM
Could someone summarize what exactly happened ? I have lost track after the bug in the code that made people loose

After the bug they gave an excuse that it was one of their employ who did it deliberately  and now the bug is fixed. Then people started divested as no one trusted them. Also, they stopped paying people who lost due to the bug. And once they ran out of funds, they probably created a player who knew the seeds and started flat betting and took the profits from +250 BTC to -332 BTC in a day, and tried to act as if it was no them.

Thanks for the explanation. this is crazy! unbelievable stuff, it all happened in two days...
Activity: 259
September 09, 2014, 04:31:08 AM
Could someone summarize what exactly happened ? I have lost track after the bug in the code that made people loose

After the bug they gave an excuse that it was one of their employ who did it deliberately  and now the bug is fixed. Then people started divested as no one trusted them. Also, they stopped paying people who lost due to the bug. And once they ran out of funds, they probably created a player who knew the seeds and started flat betting and took the profits from +250 BTC to -332 BTC in a day, and tried to act as if it was no them.

Of course manl cheated everyone. The only right thing would be to suspend mateos betting. So this doesn't make many any sense at all..
When a massive bug like this appear you always suspend the betting or just "un-plug" the server until it's solved.

I read that someone wrote that they "didn't earn enough each day" from dicebitco.in.. but come on! They earned a lot from their investors.. because of the 10% commision.
I think they earned ~10 BTC in commision the first week after launch. That's a massive amount in my opinion.

Just think about the profits it would generate in the long-run.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
September 09, 2014, 04:29:38 AM
Now they have locked the main theard too Angry
Fucking scam I say.

And you are still displaying their signature while talking like this? At least remove the sig.

I want my sig payment, thats why.

And you don't care if someone get's scammed by the scammer you advertise as long as you get your payment?

If they send coins to something just because they saw ad without doing any recearch about it they would lose them anyway.
There is even link in my sig to the offical theard that shows that it is clearly having problems.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
September 09, 2014, 04:27:00 AM
Fucking scam I say.

And you are still displaying their signature while talking like this? At least remove the sig.

And you don't care if someone get's scammed by the scammer you advertise as long as you get your payment?
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
September 09, 2014, 04:24:00 AM
Fucking scam I say.

September 09, 2014, 04:23:11 AM
Fucking scam I say.

apparently if they remove the sig, they lose out on the commissions from the sig campaign.. or a % of it at least.  But i agree.  the longer people keep up the sigs, the more people will still think of that site as being legitimate.

Start from here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8714248
Thanks! it is really really crazy
Activity: 323
Merit: 254
September 09, 2014, 04:22:08 AM
DB rolled back the code, but did DB check all the PCs and servers for backdoors that would allow remote access and rigging of the game again?

I don't know, but apparently the employee didn't have access to the live server.

Edit:

Of course, we don't know how big mateo's bankroll was, but I would suggest it wasn't in the thousands.

It doesn't matter, because we know he didn't need it. He didn't lose thousands and win it back...

Doog, if we now know (with 99.99999% certainty) that Mateo is a cheat, why didn't Manl take back Mateo's funds to refund investors that got devastated by that run?  What it does seem like is that instead, Manl took back the funds from Mateo's winnings and put it back into their bankroll.

Either that, or they allowed Mateo to withdraw and magically got 500BTC from a secret investor.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
September 09, 2014, 04:19:48 AM

After the bug they gave an excuse that it was one of their employ who did it deliberately  and now the bug is fixed. Then people started divested as no one trusted them. Also, they stopped paying people who lost due to the bug. And once they ran out of funds, they probably created a player who knew the seeds and started flat betting and took the profits from +250 BTC to -332 BTC in a day, and tried to act as if it was no them.
Activity: 323
Merit: 254
September 09, 2014, 04:17:24 AM
Fucking scam I say.

apparently if they remove the sig, they lose out on the commissions from the sig campaign.. or a % of it at least.  But i agree.  the longer people keep up the sigs, the more people will still think of that site as being legitimate.

Start from here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8714248
September 09, 2014, 04:12:31 AM
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
September 09, 2014, 04:03:25 AM
Fucking scam I say.

Pages:
Jump to: