Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1095. (Read 3058816 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
this is not normal and makes no sense.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

15 million plus on Cryptsy just ate up the offer stack up to 16 SAT - took everything there was - is now rebuilding slowly - as always, the question is how much and for how long

edit: and the moron keeps selling at 13 . . .
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Funny how when you blow someones game up, the charts & books change dramatically. heh
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
It actually does add up. Step back..take a lil breath.. try and not be angry or scared & listen.

Scenario: Person has large qty of DGB

Goal: Accumulate More DGB or Profit short term & not lose your possition

Tools: Lots of Hash & Coins on an exchange

Method: Mine mine mine.. like its no tomorrow & keep large qty of coin on the exchange. Enforce buy book with small ammount of BTC as to not create a huge buying spree. ( This is only done when you want to move the price up ASAP) Trickle sell little bits untill you are selling to yourself, then once you start hitting your own buy orders, dump whole blocks to yourself to show a 'downard trend' on a short term chart as you mine them.

End Result: People panic, think its all going to hell, and sell to you, then you take their sells to you, and sell them back to 'off the top of the buy book buyers' for 1-2 sat more 10-15% profit each time thats done. Take that BTC, put back in the buy book or a percentage of it, rinse & repeat. Thus giving you 10-15 MORE DGB OR, profit and not losing your position.

I know I said I wouldn't say anything till after the new year, but this needed to be addressed.

Sorry, no cat gif's today. Mabey next time.

And this is usefull information Wink, Thank you cryptoltd
I myself am not really a trader  that goes so far.
Addressing the apparent automation of the sells, this can all be done with API calls. Miner tells trade software when blocks are hit, trade software sells.

Not Rocket Science.
As far as Cryptsy goes, their wallet is NOT down, I just GEN'd a new address 30 seconds ago. When referring to prior issues, it may be beneficial to be very clear on, that they were prior issues.
It actually does add up. Step back..take a lil breath.. try and not be angry or scared & listen.

Scenario: Person has large qty of DGB

Goal: Accumulate More DGB or Profit short term & not lose your possition

Tools: Lots of Hash & Coins on an exchange

Method: Mine mine mine.. like its no tomorrow & keep large qty of coin on the exchange. Enforce buy book with small ammount of BTC as to not create a huge buying spree. ( This is only done when you want to move the price up ASAP) Trickle sell little bits untill you are selling to yourself, then once you start hitting your own buy orders, dump whole blocks to yourself to show a 'downard trend' on a short term chart as you mine them.

End Result: People panic, think its all going to hell, and sell to you, then you take their sells to you, and sell them back to 'off the top of the buy book buyers' for 1-2 sat more 10-15% profit each time thats done. Take that BTC, put back in the buy book or a percentage of it, rinse & repeat. Thus giving you 10-15 MORE DGB OR, profit and not losing your position.

I know I said I wouldn't say anything till after the new year, but this needed to be addressed.

Sorry, no cat gif's today. Mabey next time.
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity
About the bad print from cryptsy.  More coins have the "4 sat print".
Same timestamp 20 december
https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/USDe_BTC
26 december
https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/DOGE_BTC

Yeah, I happened to be around and watching at the time. It was a system wide issue and everything was immediately taken down for "routine maintenance".  Cheesy

BTW, if you remember and if it's not to much of a hassle, ask Cryptsy a follow up question to your current open ticket about the auto-sells that kept happening when they had their DGB wallet in maintenance mode . . . that is if you haven't already . . . it would be interesting to see how they handle that one too.

That Q is already provided in my support ticket.  Wink

Ow yeah and when the 3.5 btc sell got eaten yesterday i placed a small buy on 14 sat.  following what whas happening and i see for 5 seconds a 4 sat. sell order in the left orderbook.  very strange. not got hit unfortunately.

Response from cryptsy helpdesk

I do apologize for the delay, however since our wallet is offline they are not deposits coming in for us to check and we are unable to provide other users trading information as it is a major security concern.

Sincerely
Mark
Cryptsy.com

So we can state it's not a miner dumping?

EDIT:
New mail to cryptsy.
Me:
Thank you for the information.
So we can say thats it's not a miner thats constantly selling?

Cryptsy:
It would be difficult to pinpoint what may be the reason. Since the wallet is down people may be selling off since they are currently unable to withdrawal those funds,We do know that it isn't somebody sending money to our exchange and dumping it because the wallet is down and unable to receive new deposits.

Wallet offline = impossible for these to be autosell

I think that much we can say for sure.

So what's the explanation? Some weirdo selling piecemeal at the exact same amount as the current block reward? I still wouldn't rule out Crypsty system error though . . . keeps their volume figures inflated at the same time . . . their version of Facebook likes.  Cheesy

Good work (I'm actually amazed at how fast they responded and the amount of useful information they gave you - you must be establishing a good reputation for yourself!)

Activity: 391
26 december

Yeah, I happened to be around and watching at the time. It was a system wide issue and everything was immediately taken down for "routine maintenance".  Cheesy

BTW, if you remember and if it's not to much of a hassle, ask Cryptsy a follow up question to your current open ticket about the auto-sells that kept happening when they had their DGB wallet in maintenance mode . . . that is if you haven't already . . . it would be interesting to see how they handle that one too.

Ow yeah and when the 3.5 btc sell got eaten yesterday i placed a small buy on 14 sat.  following what whas happening and i see for 5 seconds a 4 sat. sell order in the left orderbook.  very strange. not got hit unfortunately.

I do apologize for the delay, however since our wallet is offline they are not deposits coming in for us to check and we are unable to provide other users trading information as it is a major security concern.

Sincerely
Mark
Cryptsy.com

EDIT:
New mail to cryptsy.
Me:

Cryptsy:
It would be difficult to pinpoint what may be the reason. Since the wallet is down people may be selling off since they are currently unable to withdrawal those funds,We do know that it isn't somebody sending money to our exchange and dumping it because the wallet is down and unable to receive new deposits.

Well PEOPLE mean many selling but as the sell numbers are the same each time it must be just one account selling...then if thats the case why not just sell it all at 12 sats rather than trickle sell it......it just doesnt add up whats going on...until we can get the wallet id of the person selling this its impossible to find out the truth
26 december

Sincerely
Mark
Cryptsy.com

EDIT:
New mail to cryptsy.
Me:

Cryptsy:

Either a system error, or you took the snap just when the small sell order was made

System error, stand there for 5 minutes, and also the 4 sat has been spotted again.
Activity: 532

Either a system error, or you took the snap just when the small sell order was made
Activity: 532
I did not know cryptsy had this option but for the buyers/longterm holders that want to have there Digibytes "safer" on the exchange they have a lockbox.

Information about the lockbox provided by cryptsy.

A lockbox is the safest way to store your coins long term at Cryptsy as it helps to prevent unauthorized access to your coins even if your account is compromised. When you store funds in a lockbox they are not available for withdraw or trade. Opening a lockbox to transfer the funds back to your balance requires email authentication as well as a time delay and optional SMS alerts. Providing a second email address allows you receive lockbox alerts to both the email you use at Cryptsy as well as another you provide. Lockbox is a free service.

To open a lockbox:
Go to balances
Digibyte(or every other coin offcourse)
Open lockbox

Offcourse it's always better to store you funds on your personal wallet!
26 december

HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity
26 december

Yeah, I happened to be around and watching at the time. It was a system wide issue and everything was immediately taken down for "routine maintenance".  Cheesy

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
without active buy, no rise, thats simple. the most traders are place her order under the sell-bid, therefore is the price atm ok. no risk no fun  Wink
26 december
Jump to: