Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1307. (Read 3058812 times)

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

This is a very valid point! This is why we feel multi-algo (not merge mined) DigiByte mining is the fairest and most attractive way to go. As such we have decided to finalize the update with Sha 246, Scrypt, Skein, Groestl & Qubit. Proven weighting with some tweaks. As well as a modified DigiShield re-targeting base.

Could someone elaborate more on what "Proven weighting with some tweaks" means?  Does it mean each algorithm has a variable weight to find a block or is it related to the block reward?

Is it possible to dynamically change the block reward to be based on the size of the network hashrate of that algorithm relative to the rest of the network?  This would perhaps encourage a more fair distribution of hashing power across the algorithms. 

HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

The algo change will get miners back on DigiByte, and I think that is paramount right now. Everything else with great care, lots of study and analysis, and even more due diligence.

I sure hope so...  I miss mining DGB. Something uniquely satisfying about getting thousands of something in your wallet each day, even if they aren't worth much right now, but the "what if?" factor is a powerful motivator! So, for the moment I am using NiceHash to rake in a few BTC but once the update is out I am ALL IN again with DGB mining.

It isn't just "what if" in my opinion it's simple question of "when" if jared will continue with his hard work on this currency.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Haggis,
 Good points. I think we should continue to follow the milestones that have been established so we remain on track. I think part of the crypto industry is constantly evolving with new technologies. Who knows? What is good now, may be obsolete in 90 days!

YC

Does anyone have any details on this new proposed "autoPOW" the Doge devs are talking about with the Litecoin merge? What do you all think about autoPOW multi-algo?

http://www.coindesk.com/dogecoin-allow-litecoin-merge-mining/
Come on Jared, are you serious? We've talked enough about merged mining weeks ago. Now just release the multi-algo update and stop thinking about other solutions and other algos every day. Please. Enough talk, enough brainstorming. Time for results Wink
Spoken like a true veteran of the BTC Talk forum... Haggis, thank you! Smiley
No offense, I was just smelling a spirit of "Here's another approach. Let's consider this and maybe use this one instead of multi-algo" five minutes before multi-algo release Wink
Here are many interested people with great ideas and good thinkings and discussions about the future of DGB are going far back to the past. This good spirit here is great but it will not last for an indefinite amount of time if we are just discussing but nothing producing.
I really hope for this coin that you can hold your announcement and release the new wallet until thursday (or at least this week). Another delay could annoy a lot of people, I fear.
Activity: 984
Does anyone have any details on this new proposed "autoPOW" the Doge devs are talking about with the Litecoin merge? What do you all think about autoPOW multi-algo?

Come on Jared, are you serious? We've talked enough about merged mining weeks ago. Now just release the multi-algo update and stop thinking about other solutions and other algos every day. Please. Enough talk, enough brainstorming. Time for results Wink
No offense, I was just smelling a spirit of "Here's another approach. Let's consider this and maybe use this one instead of multi-algo" five minutes before multi-algo release Wink
Here are many interested people with great ideas and good thinkings and discussions about the future of DGB are going far back to the past. This good spirit here is great but it will not last for an indefinite amount of time if we are just discussing but nothing producing.
I really hope for this coin that you can hold your announcement and release the new wallet until thursday (or at least this week). Another delay could annoy a lot of people, I fear.
RJF
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Online since '89...

The algo change will get miners back on DigiByte, and I think that is paramount right now. Everything else with great care, lots of study and analysis, and even more due diligence.

I sure hope so...  I miss mining DGB. Something uniquely satisfying about getting thousands of something in your wallet each day, even if they aren't worth much right now, but the "what if?" factor is a powerful motivator! So, for the moment I am using NiceHash to rake in a few BTC but once the update is out I am ALL IN again with DGB mining.

Currently mining DGB on p2phash.com with good returns. Not every pool is down....

Connection Info: cgminer --scrypt --queue 0 -o p2phash.com:9022 -u YourAddress -p x  (or whatever you use...)
Glad to hear the various algos. I believe these were the best from the beginning. Very excited to see the official release!

YC

I sure hope so...  I miss mining DGB. Something uniquely satisfying about getting thousands of something in your wallet each day, even if they aren't worth much right now, but the "what if?" factor is a powerful motivator! So, for the moment I am using NiceHash to rake in a few BTC but once the update is out I am ALL IN again with DGB mining.

This is a very valid point! This is why we feel multi-algo (not merge mined) DigiByte mining is the fairest and most attractive way to go. As such we have decided to finalize the update with Sha 246, Scrypt, Skein, Groestl & Qubit. Proven weighting with some tweaks. As well as a modified DigiShield re-targeting base.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account

Very well put and it's refreshing to hear your contributions to the community HR. We need more of this here. I totally agree. Slow and steady. I do believe the time to capitalize is now with all the carnage occurring in the alt coin space. I don't believe anything will be perfect as we need to continue evolving, but we do need to start somewhere. I am looking forward to see how the release will go.

YC

HR,

As always, beautiful insight. You have a way with words to put things very concisely in a pragmatic manner. We have arrived at the conclusion that what is tried & true is the best course of action in this modern crypto business. Why re-invent the wheel when it is already circular and rolls down the road to success just fine? Smiley

And there is that fine line between staying with the tried and true, and innovation. Some things, like the wheel, work so well that it's impossible to make them better; however, if we were to reject all innovation, we'd still be moving ox carts with oxen.  Undecided

This is the main reason why I'm always so quick to say, "this is just my opinion" - I know I am super conservative and probably about as close to the "stable" end of the spectrum as you can get, and that I do have a way of making a very strong and convincing case, that might not be, often isn't, at the end of the day, the best. Strong arguments have a way of stifling counterarguments that ultimately are absolutely necessary in order to reach 'equilibrium', so keep in mind everyone, these are just my ultraconservative ideas that desperately need your input as well. This is also why I suggest a slow but sure approach - algo change today, maybe payout adjustments tomorrow, probably a more advanced wallet before that, etc.

Oh, and just to end with my main "extreme argument", DigiByte should look to be one of the few eventual standalone leaders in the industry, not DigiByte and, but just DigiByte. (and maybe I'm wrong)

More info:

This is a very interesting move. It would be nice to find how how much they sold it for.

Also today VISA announced they could facilitate Bitcoin payments on their network.

http://www.coindesk.com/visa-exec-network-support-bitcoin-payments/
Activity: 215

HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

HR,

As always, beautiful insight. You have a way with words to put things very concisely in a pragmatic manner. We have arrived at the conclusion that what is tried & true is the best course of action in this modern crypto business. Why re-invent the wheel when it is already circular and rolls down the road to success just fine? Smiley

And there is that fine line between staying with the tried and true, and innovation. Some things, like the wheel, work so well that it's impossible to make them better; however, if we were to reject all innovation, we'd still be moving ox carts with oxen.  Undecided

This is the main reason why I'm always so quick to say, "this is just my opinion" - I know I am super conservative and probably about as close to the "stable" end of the spectrum as you can get, and that I do have a way of making a very strong and convincing case, that might not be, often isn't, at the end of the day, the best. Strong arguments have a way of stifling counterarguments that ultimately are absolutely necessary in order to reach 'equilibrium', so keep in mind everyone, these are just my ultraconservative ideas that desperately need your input as well. This is also why I suggest a slow but sure approach - algo change today, maybe payout adjustments tomorrow, probably a more advanced wallet before that, etc.

Oh, and just to end with my main "extreme argument", DigiByte should look to be one of the few eventual standalone leaders in the industry, not DigiByte and, but just DigiByte. (and maybe I'm wrong)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

[/quote]
The original Digishield code goes back 1 block. When multiple blocks are found just a second or two apart it causes the difficulty to skyrocket artificially high. This is now easily manipulated with Scrypt ASICs. We will be fixing this with the update and allowing DigiShield to average the previous 10 blocks to prevent the issue.

We are making a final decision on the algos later today/tonight and will let everyone know.
[/quote]

what˙s your decision ?
legendary

In general, there are two kinds of computer users in the world: those who want to work (and therefore want something that works), and those who want to develop (and therefore want something to troubleshoot). That’s tongue-in-cheek humor, but it’s basically true, some users love playing around with the latest technology, the most recent release, etc., and don’t mind [actually like] troubleshooting, and others want something that is guaranteed to work and don’t have the time or inclination to troubleshoot. It’s the difference between “stable” and “beta”.

AutoPOW multi-algo is beta. Which kind of computer user are you? Are you an IT thrill seeker, or a pragmatic, get-the-job-done-without-further-complications kind of user?

Of course, you could also fall into yet another category that could cause you to be interested in something beta, and I would call that desperation. In the article posted about DOGE, the two sub-headings are titled as follows:

• Plan to save dogecoin
  • Dogecoin in ‘dire situation’, says Lee

There’s even another category we could create for someone interested in that kind of ‘adventure’ that might be best defined with the inclusion of the quote at the end of the article:

• [The community] can focus on what dogecoin does best (tipping, donations, wow) instead of worrying about defensive mining and network security.”

I’ll let readers put their own name on that category.   Cheesy

To summarize, I don’t like the idea. I think it’s just another gimmick for losers. A very bad idea - but that's just me. Wink

Let me just finish with a question: if you’ve got a winner, why on earth would you want to join up with someone else in a “dire situation”? A winner stands on his/her own two feet. I say go with a proven winner - the known, stable and proven version that needs to be finally implemented correctly. Who do you want to share victory with? And why? Smiley

Add: I just saw that neuroMode has an article being published by CoinBrief tomorrow titled: "Multi-vPoW: Myriadcoin's Solution to Parasitic Merge-Mining". I'm looking forward to seeing how he argues that! https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8193318

HR,

HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

In general, there are two kinds of computer users in the world: those who want to work (and therefore want something that works), and those who want to develop (and therefore want something to troubleshoot). That’s tongue-in-cheek humor, but it’s basically true, some users love playing around with the latest technology, the most recent release, etc., and don’t mind [actually like] troubleshooting, and others want something that is guaranteed to work and don’t have the time or inclination to troubleshoot. It’s the difference between “stable” and “beta”.

AutoPOW multi-algo is beta. Which kind of computer user are you? Are you an IT thrill seeker, or a pragmatic, get-the-job-done-without-further-complications kind of user?

Of course, you could also fall into yet another category that could cause you to be interested in something beta, and I would call that desperation. In the article posted about DOGE, the two sub-headings are titled as follows:

• Plan to save dogecoin
  • Dogecoin in ‘dire situation’, says Lee

There’s even another category we could create for someone interested in that kind of ‘adventure’ that might be best defined with the inclusion of the quote at the end of the article:

• [The community] can focus on what dogecoin does best (tipping, donations, wow) instead of worrying about defensive mining and network security.”

I’ll let readers put their own name on that category.   Cheesy

To summarize, I don’t like the idea. I think it’s just another gimmick for losers. A very bad idea - but that's just me. Wink

Let me just finish with a question: if you’ve got a winner, why on earth would you want to join up with someone else in a “dire situation”? A winner stands on his/her own two feet. I say go with a proven winner - the known, stable and proven version that needs to be finally implemented correctly. Who do you want to share victory with? And why? Smiley

Add: I just saw that neuroMode has an article being published by CoinBrief tomorrow titled: "Multi-vPoW: Myriadcoin's Solution to Parasitic Merge-Mining". I'm looking forward to seeing how he argues that! https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8193318

legendary

Activity: 984

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

I have no concrete details but think it is a very good idea. It can significantly increase the security of blockchain.
This is also a step into the direction of coins consolidation.
Activity: 146
I may be wrong but is this along the same lines as what Myriad is doing with the MAMM[AE]MP http://coinjoint.info/myriadcoin-release-mammmp/.

If its the case that Digibyte shares that did not solve a Digibyte block would be sent to other coins then I am all for it.  Especially since we will have multiple algos.  I think single coin merge mining inevitably fails in the end due to an over abundance of miners dumping the merge mined coin.  However, in a multi-algo setup there would be significantly less sell pressure since a single miner can only "auto sell" coins from 1 of the 5 algos.  So if there was a huge farm, they wouldn't be able to single handedly take down a merge mined coin. 

In the end, is the AuxPOW any different than what Vertcoin did with Monocle and Parallax? 
legendary

Jump to: