Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1308. (Read 3058812 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account

Better rewards
Coins deposited directly in your wallet
DDoS resistant
Up 24h/24h
No registration needed, just a DigiByte address as username
If node is down, you don't lose your DigiByte, your work is saved on network.

JOIN US TO MINE
Thank you for keeping an active pool going! P2P is the best way to mine DGB! Smiley
legendary
This is a very interesting move. It would be nice to find how how much they sold it for.

Also today VISA announced they could facilitate Bitcoin payments on their network.

http://www.coindesk.com/visa-exec-network-support-bitcoin-payments/
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Jared,
 Thanks for the update! Exciting!

YC

Jared,
 Can you provide an update as to where the multi algo and block fix is?

Kind Regards,
YC

I have never had any wallet sync issues since coin inception...  but today I am stuck at 7 hours behind  Huh  I've only really noticed as I bought a substantial amount on Mintpal and although they've turned up, they are stuck at Pending.

Client reports it has 8 active connections...    any ideas?

We are working on putting the finishing touches on it. We are shooting for Thursday.

As to the non syncing issue. It is normal when it has been a few hours between blocks. This will be cleared up with the update. Your wallet is still talking to the network.

Any details on what's causing the delay?  Will we find out ahead of time which algos have been chosen or do we need to wait for Thursday ?
The original Digishield code goes back 1 block. When multiple blocks are found just a second or two apart it causes the difficulty to skyrocket artificially high. This is now easily manipulated with Scrypt ASICs. We will be fixing this with the update and allowing DigiShield to average the previous 10 blocks to prevent the issue.

We are making a final decision on the algos later today/tonight and will let everyone know.
legendary
Jared,

Kind Regards,
YC

I have never had any wallet sync issues since coin inception...  but today I am stuck at 7 hours behind  Huh  I've only really noticed as I bought a substantial amount on Mintpal and although they've turned up, they are stuck at Pending.

We are working on putting the finishing touches on it. We are shooting for Thursday.

As to the non syncing issue. It is normal when it has been a few hours between blocks. This will be cleared up with the update. Your wallet is still talking to the network.

Any details on what's causing the delay?  Will we find out ahead of time which algos have been chosen or do we need to wait for Thursday ?
The original Digishield code goes back 1 block. When multiple blocks are found just a second or two apart it causes the difficulty to skyrocket artificially high. This is now easily manipulated with Scrypt ASICs. We will be fixing this with the update and allowing DigiShield to average the previous 10 blocks to prevent the issue.

We are making a final decision on the algos later today/tonight and will let everyone know.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
Jared,

Kind Regards,
YC

legendary
I thought HR suggested a more distributed payout based on each algo. Not sure which way Jared and team are going yet.

YC

That's right, basically because the "adjusted difficulties" don't even come close to getting the job done, as I see it anyway.

Here's that post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7954541 (The only thing that wasn't adapted to DGB was the total block reward figures, but the rough percentage breakdowns between algo rewards would basically be the same.)

Here's something else - completely unrelated - that's perhaps easier on the eyes, takes much less time to digest, and is probably much more fun . . . as I was having a little fun with it myself. Smiley

Interesting chart & information! Thanks for sharing!
legendary
Jared,

Kind Regards,
YC

legendary
Is there currently a WORKING DigiByte pool? I would love to mine a few while waiting on the multi-algo release...

We just updated the DGB wesbite & first page of this thread. It appears some pools as well as exchanges have went down. Please let us know if we missed anything or need to add additional information. We want the thread & site to be up to date. We are now updating the Reddit thread.
Jared,

Kind Regards,
YC

Activity: 196

Yea thats one of the problems being addressed, is the blocks getting stuck for hours or a day sometimes.. has been doing this for a while. It's a digishield issue.
Activity: 215

Activity: 196
I would like to use the recent stability of the price to say its a great feature.. and even pre-digishield, it had a range..but when blocks get stuck, for hours on occasion.. that stability is not really the intended meaning , it's more of a 'situation'   Don't get me wrong, im not bashing.. just being realistic. After multi-algo is released, it will be interesting to see how the 1st 3 months play out. I happen to be optimistic, it may be out of my bias, as I have DGB, so I need to take that into account aswell.
HR,
 Pretty neat chart. What I would be curious is to see the life of cryptos that launch compared to DGB's life and price stability. DOGE still has lots of volume, but the price has been trending down where DGB is pretty consistent. We all want price to go up, but it's comfortable to know where we are.

YC

I thought HR suggested a more distributed payout based on each algo. Not sure which way Jared and team are going yet.

YC

That's right, basically because the "adjusted difficulties" don't even come close to getting the job done, as I see it anyway.

Here's that post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7954541 (The only thing that wasn't adapted to DGB was the total block reward figures, but the rough percentage breakdowns between algo rewards would basically be the same.)

Here's something else - completely unrelated - that's perhaps easier on the eyes, takes much less time to digest, and is probably much more fun . . . as I was having a little fun with it myself. Smiley

Activity: 389
Merit: 250
Is there currently a WORKING DigiByte pool? I would love to mine a few while waiting on the multi-algo release...

http://www.coinium.org/pool/DGB
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

YC

YC

Heads up again with the ASIC "cancer".

If MYR is any indication, or better said, if the price of MYR is any indication, the MYR "formula" might not be the most advisable.

I'm still thinking that adjusted rewards to handicap the playing field would at least be one key part in greatly improving upon their 5 algo approach.

Something I just posted over there saying basically the same thing. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8167288

Who will get the implementation correct, and who will be first to do it?

Aren't the rewards supposed to be evenly distributed between the 5 algos?  Hence ASICs would only effect Scrypt and SHA256 or 2/5 of the block rewards?

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

If MYR is any indication, or better said, if the price of MYR is any indication, the MYR "formula" might not be the most advisable.

I'm still thinking that adjusted rewards to handicap the playing field would at least be one key part in greatly improving upon their 5 algo approach.

Something I just posted over there saying basically the same thing. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8167288

Aren't the rewards supposed to be evenly distributed between the 5 algos?  Hence ASICs would only effect Scrypt and SHA256 or 2/5 of the block rewards?
Good feedback. The community is patiently waiting to see what Jared and team will release. I don't believe it will ever be perfect -- needs to constantly evolve. Be nice to get things tested and released, so we can continue to drive in more folks for the coin and accomplish the main vision.

YC

HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

Jump to: