Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1349. (Read 3058812 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
What do you all think about merge-mining with Myriadcoin?

Idiotic idea, pools will dump DGB to the hell because only small amount of MYR miners will claim their FREE DGB coins. Check MON price charts, pools are dumping it regardless of a price. You will kill this coin offering merged-mining, all your efforts will be buried.
I wouldn't call it "idiotic" but I also think this would pin a "Discount" label on DGB. Better finish multi-algo implementation asap. If the chain stays slow for 2-4 days longer it doesn't hurt that hard as there is still only low activity on the blockchain.

If it goes multi-algo dev must calculate initial difficulty for each algo and do something with readjustment to avoid instamine by SHA ASICs, FPGA farms, etc...
This is what DigiShield does, the difficulty adjustment code will be adjusted as needed. This is not an issue. Nor is it how multi-algo works. Each algo can only find so many blocks in a row before the other algos must find one. Each algos difficulty is adjusted independently.

What type of algos will you have in place? The same as Myriad coin or different?
In the interest of time we may stick with the same for the time being. We are the first coin to ever fork to multi-algo. It is very complicated to implement. We were planning on doing this over a couple months. We are now forced to try and do this in a few days to a couple weeks.

Otherwise our only option is to do back to back hard forks which is no where near ideal or feasible.
legendary
I still think that DGB have to change N-factor and invent something new. At least you will be the first coin changed n-factor and coin will be fairly mined. Look how ASICs solo mining it now...
There does not appear to be any ASICS on the DigiByte network right now. If there was we would not be having the low hash problem we do right now.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I still think that DGB have to change N-factor and invent something new. At least you will be the first coin changed n-factor and coin will be fairly mined. Look how ASICs solo mining it now...

ASICS are good and Bad.

Good for pushing the network up and bad for killing the coin and or network. Depends on the situation.. I would love to see some more hybrid coins tho. Myriad should be getting more attention IMHO.
legendary

Idiotic idea, pools will dump DGB to the hell because only small amount of MYR miners will claim their FREE DGB coins. Check MON price charts, pools are dumping it regardless of a price. You will kill this coin offering merged-mining, all your efforts will be buried.
I wouldn't call it "idiotic" but I also think this would pin a "Discount" label on DGB. Better finish multi-algo implementation asap. If the chain stays slow for 2-4 days longer it doesn't hurt that hard as there is still only low activity on the blockchain.

Multi-pools have already been dumping DGB for a long time. That is part of the crypto world as we know it. Comparing DigiByte to "Monacle" is nowhere near a fair comparison. We had never heard of them until you mentioned it.

Multi-Algo Mining has several benefits and few if any draw backs. Merge mining has several benefits as well. Most important of which is security. By securing the DigiByte blockchain we become much more attractive to merchants and traders. The more hash we have, the more miners start trading.

We have already closed a deal to put DigiByte well ahead of other coins. We are just not at liberty to discuss the details right now which puts us in a tight spot for the next few weeks until we can go public. The business world does not move anywhere near as fast as the crypto world. And yes, we are legally obligated not to discuss any further details at the moment regarding this.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
I still think that DGB have to change N-factor and invent something new. At least you will be the first coin changed n-factor and coin will be fairly mined. Look how ASICs solo mining it now... Fuck them up.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

If it goes multi-algo dev must calculate initial difficulty for each algo and do something with readjustment to avoid instamine by SHA ASICs, FPGA farms, etc...
This is what DigiShield does, the difficulty adjustment code will be adjusted as needed. This is not an issue. Nor is it how multi-algo works. Each algo can only find so many blocks in a row before the other algos must find one. Each algos difficulty is adjusted independently.

What type of algos will you have in place? The same as Myriad coin or different?
legendary

legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

legendary

I would've rather seen it with Doge.
This is still an option. And enticing.

The way merge mining works is only 1 coin has to implement it.  Once it is implemented people would need to mine DigiByte in order to get both coins, or multiple coins. The key is it would help secure our hashrate.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

I don't like it
edit:I think only we hold digishield...

how long will it take that the digibyte wallet works normal. I can't send or receive digibytes.... at the moment
What are your reasons for not liking it? There is no drawback for DigiByte.

Also, when the next block is found which should be soon. Our hash rate has dropped. A lot of people take miners for granted. But this is what happens when you see a massive drop off.

Miners are the key to a successful decentralized network.

We are working as fast as possible here. But it still takes some time.

Do you think this is why so many coins are moving to PoS?
Activity: 252

I would've rather seen it with Doge.
legendary

Merged mining will convert DGB to free coins and all long-therm holders, supporters and miners will be betrayed.
legendary

I don't like it

how long will it take that the digibyte wallet works normal. I can't send or receive digibytes.... at the moment
What are your reasons for not liking it? There is no drawback for DigiByte.

Also, when the next block is found which should be soon. Our hash rate has dropped. A lot of people take miners for granted. But this is what happens when you see a massive drop off.

Miners are the key to a successful decentralized network.

We are working as fast as possible here. But it still takes some time.
Activity: 392

I don't like it

legendary
legendary
Everything is fine.
If you have problems with the Mac wallet, a good alternative would be to run the windows wallet in a virtualbox.

that's fine to say if have you windows...

I see here that the last block was:134145:http://explorer.cryptopoolmining.com/chain/DigiByte
Yes, we have the same thing on our machines. When the next block is discovered it will sync. It says it is trying to sync with the network in the mean time.

Our network hash rate has dropped to the lowest point it has ever been since launch. DigiShield is still working but it needs to be adjusted with such a low hash rate. Something in the new 0.9.1 code is causing it to average out at a much higher difficulty than it should.

We are working hard on getting the multi-algo ready to go. In the mean time we are prepping to rent some more hash for a few days at a loss. Please be patient and understand DigiByte is not going anywhere.

If you look at all the other Scrypt coins their hash is the lowest they have been as well. It is like almost overnight GPU miners have left Scrypt all together.

how long takes the time? 10 minutes 1 hour?

What's really important is that it's happening.

GPU miners jumping because of ASICS?
Partly it seems like. Even though ASICs have yet to really hit the market in force yet. Also summer heat has an effect it seems.
Activity: 285
Everything is fine.
If you have problems with the Mac wallet, a good alternative would be to run the windows wallet in a virtualbox.

that's fine to say if have you windows...

I see here that the last block was:134145:http://explorer.cryptopoolmining.com/chain/DigiByte
Yes, we have the same thing on our machines. When the next block is discovered it will sync. It says it is trying to sync with the network in the mean time.

Our network hash rate has dropped to the lowest point it has ever been since launch. DigiShield is still working but it needs to be adjusted with such a low hash rate. Something in the new 0.9.1 code is causing it to average out at a much higher difficulty than it should.

We are working hard on getting the multi-algo ready to go. In the mean time we are prepping to rent some more hash for a few days at a loss. Please be patient and understand DigiByte is not going anywhere.

If you look at all the other Scrypt coins their hash is the lowest they have been as well. It is like almost overnight GPU miners have left Scrypt all together.

how long takes the time? 10 minutes 1 hour?

What's really important is that it's happening.

GPU miners jumping because of ASICS?
RJF
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Online since '89...
Whats happening to this coin? My pool is near empty and the net hash rate is the lowest i have ever seen it!

I just took down 8 MH/s for maintenance, been working your pool for about two weeks. I'll most likely put that and perhaps more back on in the near future but, like a lot of others, I have to spread that out very carefully. BTW, great pool, rock solid, never had a problem, thank you for your time and involvement!

RJF
Jump to: