Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1344. (Read 3058812 times)

Activity: 274
Merit: 101
Digibyte have said over the past 4 or 5 pages, IF we do merge mine

Mine Digibyte = Get Digibyte and other coin

Mine other coin = Get other coin only no Digibyte

Smiley

We don't lose value,

the thing is, if we look on the long-term. than is good that you only mine digibytes...
I don't think so. The way to have to mine DGB to get them is as now. The advantage would be to get other bonus coins which would attract a lot more miners and help both coins to get more security.
I was very sceptical at the beginning about this idea, but as Jared explained it piece by piece I now think it would be good for DGB.

Most comments which are against merge mining are showing that the writer has (mostly) a vast misunderstanding about how merge mining actually works (as I had a couple of days ago, too).

So please don't have an oppinion if you don't know how something works (not only on this topic Wink ). Better ask if you're unsure about anything.

Pardon me sir, I can have an opinion on anything I like. Thank you.
Pardon, but no. If you miss important information about a topic you can't find your true oppinion. You THINK you have found it but in reality you're tricking yourself. It's not meant to be offensive. Just a fact. That's why most democracies are not realy democratic, because people build their oppionion on false and lacking information.

I will say again, I can and will have an opinion. where I see fit. Thank you.
I don't think any offense is meant or that your opinion is not valued, all opinions are valued, thats the whole idea of having a community forum.

The point Haggis is trying to get across is that we seem to be having people jump in, without reading the last couple of pages and missing important updates.
It's hard to group the developers opinions and reasons, without updating the first post constantly.

But at the end of the day, if your opinion is we will lose value, I respect your opinion and your reasons behind it. Smiley
Thats why we have a discussion forum after all. Smiley
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Smiley

We don't lose value,

the thing is, if we look on the long-term. than is good that you only mine digibytes...
I don't think so. The way to have to mine DGB to get them is as now. The advantage would be to get other bonus coins which would attract a lot more miners and help both coins to get more security.
I was very sceptical at the beginning about this idea, but as Jared explained it piece by piece I now think it would be good for DGB.

Most comments which are against merge mining are showing that the writer has (mostly) a vast misunderstanding about how merge mining actually works (as I had a couple of days ago, too).

So please don't have an oppinion if you don't know how something works (not only on this topic Wink ). Better ask if you're unsure about anything.

Pardon, but no. If you miss important information about a topic you can't find your true oppinion. You THINK you have found it but in reality you're tricking yourself. It's not meant to be offensive. Just a fact. That's why most democracies are not realy democratic, because people build their oppionion on false and lacking information.

I will say again, I can and will have an opinion. where I see fit. Thank you.
Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

Smiley

We don't lose value,

Pardon, but no. If you miss important information about a topic you can't find your true oppinion. You THINK you have found it but in reality you're tricking yourself. It's not meant to be offensive. Just a fact. That's why most democracies are not realy democratic, because people build their oppionion on false and lacking information. Which is why education is the most important ressource for society.

Smiley

We don't lose value,

Activity: 984

Smiley

We don't lose value,

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Smiley

We don't lose value,

Activity: 274
Merit: 101

Smiley

We don't lose value,
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
Since I am not a miner, my overall concern is security and not killing a brand. If we can achieve that, I am comfortable.

YC

Gotta keep the miners happy or the entire thing is dead.

Also, good Smiley I'll put my asic towards DGB!
Activity: 924
Since I am not a miner, my overall concern is security and not killing a brand. If we can achieve that, I am comfortable.

YC
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
is cpu mining a good idea?  seems like we save the algo from one threat but open ourselves to botnet?

I don't think CPU mining will constitute any meaningful fraction of mining. At least in my experience, the people interested in 'CPU mining' are folks like me and my Intel Core Duo from 2009 that gets like 20khash per thread standing around going "when do I get to help?" Anyone with a CPU good enough to mine and who knows what mining is probably already has a better GPU dedicated to it.
RJF
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Online since '89...

...while the energy should be spent on making THIS product, THIS service, and this companies goal, progress.

Well said, totally agree...
There will be no merged mining, please all calm down.

I am quite calm, thank you for your input.
Activity: 840
Twitter: @FedKassad
There will be no merged mining, please all calm down.
Im not onboard with the 'merged mining' idea, at some point DGB should stand on its own 2 feet, as a product, service & investment. Just imagine the implications if it was merged with w/e coin and the other coins team gave up, quit, had major life changes or w/e. Multi-algo should be enough to allow any one to mine it if they choose.

Im not even sure the merged-mining idea is set in stone.. I would like to know as soon as possible,  as it would absolutely affect my long term thoughts on DGB's direction. Is it a coin to support 'Miners' or is it a coin that wants to offer a service to Vendors, Merchants, & Corporations & allow any one to mine it with what ever they may have.

Tiime progresses forward, technology changes, ideas are created, the forward motion continues. If DGB just wants to pat the back's of some over invested GPU miners that dident think about their huge GPU investments, 10 months ago & over spent on dreams of FAST ROI & 'moon' 'lambo' childish noncense, I would like to know. Intermingling (Merged-mining) is in my opinion adding too much to the plate, as now, you would have to deal with other coin's , while the energy should be spent on making THIS product, THIS service, and this companies goal, progress.
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
I'm interested in mining DGB after the algo change Smiley
I'm sure it was posted somewhere in the thread about how exactly multi-algo mining is going to work, but I haven't been keeping up like I used to.
I'm guessing using scrypt asics to mine is out of the question? (Just ordered a gawminer fury)
We will release a guide on how it will all work. You will be able to mine on any of the algos you choose. CPU mining will even be possible.

is cpu mining a good idea?  seems like we save the algo from one threat but open ourselves to botnet?
Activity: 168
So DigiByte is going to merge mine under MyriadCoin, like it was proposed for Dogecoin to merge mine under Litecoin, or some other way?
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
I'm sure it was posted somewhere in the thread about how exactly multi-algo mining is going to work, but I haven't been keeping up like I used to.
I'm guessing using scrypt asics to mine is out of the question? (Just ordered a gawminer fury)
We will release a guide on how it will all work. You will be able to mine on any of the algos you choose. CPU mining will even be possible.
RJF
Activity: 616
Online since '89...

I'd be keen to mine DGB again as well once the reward is fixed.
As I understand it multi-algo means that there needs to be a certain portion of the network mining each algo though, is that right?  hope not because that could create issues of its own.

I don't THINK that is required. Pretty sure you can mine with any of the supported Algos. I'm currently mining another coin using SHA256 and Script at the same time and it works using ASICs on both so, unless it up to the pool operator, I would think it's ok but, I'm not an expert on this, not many multi-Algo coins out there yet.

legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

I'd be keen to mine DGB again as well once the reward is fixed.
As I understand it multi-algo means that there needs to be a certain portion of the network mining each algo though, is that right?  hope not because that could create issues of its own.
Jump to: