Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1347. (Read 3058812 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Twitter: @FedKassad
All I keep hearing is "make digibyte attractive for miners". How about you making it attractive for investors? Do you really think that 99% of potential merchants and users have even heard of merged mining?

In my opinion all this algo switching and merge mining is a complete waste of time and resources. Bitcoin is fine being mined by asics and the same think would have been fine for DGB as well.
We absolutely want to make DigiByte attractive for investors. But our #1 priority right now is security. Without decentralized mining a network becomes more and more vulnerable to attack. Look at Bitcoin the last two days. Ghash.io with ASICs has had upwards of 47% of the entire Bitcoin net hash.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/is-bitcoin-about-to-be-51ed-644592

As ASIC mining becomes more centralized with Bitcoin, Bitcoins days could be numbered. Multi-Algo is the fairest & most secure approach around right now. We are making this decision with long-term success in mind.

Once again, we are going to hold off on merge mining for the time being.

"Bitcoins days could be numbered"? Mate, don't fool yourself Bitcoin is here to stay and will do what is necessary to stay on top. If DGB can implement multi-algo, what would stop Bitcoin from doing that if it was needed? I am sure you have watched that interview with Andreas Antonopoulos where he mentioned Myriad. Don't overplay the ASICs card. ASICs should get more and more affordable in the future and more people will own one. You don't fight technology, you embrace it. ASICs perform the same task as GPUs just a lot more efficiently.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
I once received the reward of 50k DGB for posting the first on page 300, quite some time ago  Cheesy

I don't receive nothing, I was the first one who posted on page 400....

DGB:DLqANko7bwz2P5iEzyGxv5r2H3kbyVyoqQ
LOL

anyone send 5k digibytes:D

thank you anyone!
Cheers! Smiley

thank you very much (best dev ever!)

DOGE is not going anywhere in the long term, connecting the fate of DGB to that of DOGE would be a huge mistake.

Not playing nice with DOGE is also a huge mistake. DOGE's real weakness is its Reddit. Yes its code has problems, but the Reddit is even more vulnerable. All someone has to do is come in and get one offensive post past the mods and it's over. The subReddit goes down and takes the community and the coin with it. If you ask me, it's only a matter of time which is sad because I am a big fan of DOGE and am working on getting dogecoin Prypto cards sold in comic shops around the Southeast US. Whoever corrals all those crazy teenagers in the aftermath (or if/when the economics of the coin sink it) and gets them under a new umbrella is going to seriously benefit. DGB could do a lot worse than have a young, vibrant, dedicated userbase to draw from. I'm not saying DGB should merge-mine, but we really ought to put out the welcome mat for them.
Yes, Doge has been a great community & has been very friendly toward DGB. We recently have had some discussions with some of the devs bouncing ideas around. The Doge community is most definitely welcome into the DigiByte community!

The problem with Doge is the January 2015 mining reward reduction. DigiByte is a long-term mine-able coin. It is hard to say what happens in 6 months. A lot can happen between now and then in this world.

that's a good reason why I'm a big fan of digibyte

@digibyte/jared

maybe this exchanges are very important for digibyte

-https://bittrex.com (high volume)
-https://www.litebit.eu/en/ (a little bit the same as moolah but than for euro)
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
I once received the reward of 50k DGB for posting the first on page 300, quite some time ago  Cheesy

LOL

thank you anyone!
Cheers! Smiley
legendary
DOGE is not going anywhere in the long term, connecting the fate of DGB to that of DOGE would be a huge mistake.

Not playing nice with DOGE is also a huge mistake. DOGE's real weakness is its Reddit. Yes its code has problems, but the Reddit is even more vulnerable. All someone has to do is come in and get one offensive post past the mods and it's over. The subReddit goes down and takes the community and the coin with it. If you ask me, it's only a matter of time which is sad because I am a big fan of DOGE and am working on getting dogecoin Prypto cards sold in comic shops around the Southeast US. Whoever corrals all those crazy teenagers in the aftermath (or if/when the economics of the coin sink it) and gets them under a new umbrella is going to seriously benefit. DGB could do a lot worse than have a young, vibrant, dedicated userbase to draw from. I'm not saying DGB should merge-mine, but we really ought to put out the welcome mat for them.
Yes, Doge has been a great community & has been very friendly toward DGB. We recently have had some discussions with some of the devs bouncing ideas around. The Doge community is most definitely welcome into the DigiByte community!

The problem with Doge is the January 2015 mining reward reduction. DigiByte is a long-term mine-able coin. It is hard to say what happens in 6 months. A lot can happen between now and then in this world.
I once received the reward of 50k DGB for posting the first on page 300, quite some time ago  Cheesy

LOL

thank you anyone!
legendary
Jared,
 Does the other party working on the deal have an opinion on the security or is that to the discretion of the dev team?

YC
At the moment they are unaware and do not quite understand technically how all this works. We are working hard on multi-algo implementation and will start testing soon. Which by the way we could use all the help testing we can get.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Jared,
 Does the other party working on the deal have an opinion on the security or is that to the discretion of the dev team?

YC
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
I once received the reward of 50k DGB for posting the first on page 300 or something, quite some time ago  Cheesy

And I still missing my 1 Million, no fairness in this world Cry
I once received the reward of 50k DGB for posting the first on page 300, quite some time ago  Cheesy

I don't receive digibytes, I was the first one who posted on page 400....

Activity: 350
Merit: 100
I once received the reward of 50k DGB for posting the first on page 300 or something, quite some time ago  Cheesy
legendary
By, the way. Happy 500 thread pages everyone! In two days DigiByte will be 6 months old!

you posted the 10.000 post!
Haha, very cool! Smiley
By, the way. Happy 500 thread pages everyone! In two days DigiByte will be 6 months old!

you posted the 10.000 post!
legendary
legendary
Merge mining is good to strengthen the block chain but it will harm the value of both coins. Just look at what VTC & MON & PLX, their prices are at the bottom after adding merge mining. Easy get, easy dump. Merge mining will not be welcomed by DGB investors.
Yes, it does appear to be a hot issue for some. We are listening to everyone. Smiley No merged mining for the time being. But it is very healthy for us all to be having this discussion.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
Merge mining is good to strengthen the block chain but it will harm the value of both coins. Just look at what VTC & MON & PLX, their prices are at the bottom after adding merge mining. Easy get, easy dump. Merge mining will not be welcomed by DGB investors.
Activity: 616
Merit: 321
hello all,

we have updated our website with the new Digibyte Wallet Address :  DigiByte  Adress  : DHEAuSnhVo2fsVSjGHQ5vmurZ18UvN4A7j   DSsyu78YE81Lkhwvd7puZ2EDCCgbWDPL1B  Safe To Use !

The first wallet address is the old one ( well known by many supports/donators )  we have lost also our Digibyte wallet, for more info please visit our website, first link in my signature,

with your help we will succeed and get back on track again, Digitbyte is again accepted on our website !

more coins will be restored with new wallet addresses , see also our news page for more info, or send me a pm/ email

we hope that the Digibyte community will continuing there highly appreciated support for our project ,

thanks in advanced and understanding
legendary
All I keep hearing is "make digibyte attractive for miners". How about you making it attractive for investors? Do you really think that 99% of potential merchants and users have even heard of merged mining?

In my opinion all this algo switching and merge mining is a complete waste of time and resources. Bitcoin is fine being mined by asics and the same think would have been fine for DGB as well.
We absolutely want to make DigiByte attractive for investors. But our #1 priority right now is security. Without decentralized mining a network becomes more and more vulnerable to attack. Look at Bitcoin the last two days. Ghash.io with ASICs has had upwards of 47% of the entire Bitcoin net hash.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/is-bitcoin-about-to-be-51ed-644592

As ASIC mining becomes more centralized with Bitcoin, Bitcoins days could be numbered. Multi-Algo is the fairest & most secure approach around right now. We are making this decision with long-term success in mind.

Once again, we are going to hold off on merge mining for the time being.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Twitter: @FedKassad
If I had the opportunity to mine DGB and had the opportunity to mine DOGE on the side (merge mining), no time would be wasted elsewhere. I am very certain the DOGE community would agree with me.

Activity: 602
If I had the opportunity to mine DGB and had the opportunity to mine DOGE on the side (merge mining), no time would be wasted elsewhere. I am very certain the DOGE community would agree with me.
Jump to: