Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1367. (Read 3058812 times)

Activity: 274
Merit: 101
Yeah the volume is good but the price dropped on MintPal. 39 sat now. If somebody wants to buy some, now is the good time! Cheesy

Better off buying on AGX.
They still have the 5% bonus happening.
With the 15 free trades and the 5% bonus, it very easy to profit from day trading Wink
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Yeah the volume is good but the price dropped on MintPal. 39 sat now. If somebody wants to buy some, now is the good time! Cheesy
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

I'm not neglecting you are doing a fine job! The issue is with gaining interest to buy and hold digibytes by traders and investors in the alt world community. This are the early adopters. For this to happen a coin needs to be innovative, unique in some way, bring attention, have a tendency to rise in value.  DigiByte cannot stay conservative like bitcoin/litecoin and afraid to make changes to the coin itself, like adding new features or at least promise to add them with some timeframe, make digibytes more rare or decrease inflation... The competition is not sleeping, some coins that were developed months after Digibyte now have 30x market cap and 300x daily trading volume.

The algo announcement is good step but I think many people including me were expecting that it was already in the works and not just about the decision.

Looking forward for the announcement regarding investors!  

Thanks for the feedback piyany! We are working on cooking some unique things up right now! We still feel we are the most marketable coin to merchants and consumers in the long run. Please also understand the crypto market is highly manipulated at the moment. But once again, thanks for your support and lets get these rocket boosters ignited! Smiley

No problem! One more advice. Keep us posted with upcoming announcements. We know you are meeting with investors, please let us know when can find out something about it.

While cooking those unique things give us a hint what it might be and when they come alive.

When there is nothing going on people always think the worst like the coin is dead or abandoned. This is quite common in the alt world.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029
lol! Thank you for the feedback! Switching the logo to the suit pocket sounds like a good idea. Smiley
+1

DGB is just under MYRIAD in mintpal based on vol... Is that a sign??
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
By implementing a multi-algo approach we also open up the possibility of merge mining with other coins on one of the algos!

welcome to the family Smiley perhaps one of yours can come on irc and discuss this further ?
you know who I represent Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
Dont mistake the DGB-Market reaction for a reaction to the announcement. It is the opposite. The hype about the announcement is selfmade and the people are being played by their own minds tricks. Of course an algo change is nothing that implements itsself. It takes time and testing because we all want security for our investment and not some half baked experiment that risks it all. We should all have known that in advance. And OF COURSE there are some of us understanding that and make some quick trades with the insecure hands. What goes up must come down and a little bit of insecureness creates an avalanche. And in these small markets with a 12 BTC Volume it is quite easy to push the price around in the right moments.

The strategy for a rising price is simple: DONT SELL YOUR DGB. Wait for the expected target in a few years. Maybe 10 cents, maybe 1$, maybe 10$.

And to the developers: stick to your target but get innovative. Multi-Algo is the right direction. It takes time and you take a very professional approach in your announcements. That impressed me alot. (but please switch the logo to your suit and of the tie. Us europeans get blinded from so much grace you know? ;p )
lol! Thank you for the feedback! Switching the logo to the suit pocket sounds like a good idea. Smiley
legendary
By implementing a multi-algo approach we also open up the possibility of merge mining with other coins on one of the algos!
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Dont mistake the DGB-Market reaction for a reaction to the announcement. It is the opposite. The hype about the announcement is selfmade and the people are being played by their own minds tricks. Of course an algo change is nothing that implements itsself. It takes time and testing because we all want security for our investment and not some half baked experiment that risks it all. We should all have known that in advance. And OF COURSE there are some of us understanding that and make some quick trades with the insecure hands. What goes up must come down and a little bit of insecureness creates an avalanche. And in these small markets with a 12 BTC Volume it is quite easy to push the price around in the right moments.

The strategy for a rising price is simple: DONT SELL YOUR DGB. Wait for the expected target in a few years. Maybe 10 cents, maybe 1$, maybe 10$.

And to the developers: stick to your target but get innovative. Multi-Algo is the right direction. It takes time and you take a very professional approach in your announcements. That impressed me alot. (but please switch the logo to your suit and of the tie. Us europeans get blinded from so much grace you know? ;p )
legendary

I'm not neglecting you are doing a fine job! The issue is with gaining interest to buy and hold digibytes by traders and investors in the alt world community. This are the early adopters. For this to happen a coin needs to be innovative, unique in some way, bring attention, have a tendency to rise in value.  DigiByte cannot stay conservative like bitcoin/litecoin and afraid to make changes to the coin itself, like adding new features or at least promise to add them with some timeframe, make digibytes more rare or decrease inflation... The competition is not sleeping, some coins that were developed months after Digibyte now have 30x market cap and 300x daily trading volume.

The algo announcement is good step but I think many people including me were expecting that it was already in the works and not just about the decision.

Thanks for the feedback piyany! We are working on cooking some unique things up right now! We still feel we are the most marketable coin to merchants and consumers in the long run. Please also understand the crypto market is highly manipulated at the moment. But once again, thanks for your support and lets get these rocket boosters ignited! Smiley
These long term announcements are great and all, but Digibyte is going to be left in the dust. The coin will not have value to keep itself up, crypto is all speculative, what it could be, and digibyte is on the wrong timeline. There will not be enough room for any decent value alts soon, BTC, DRK, and DOGE will hold all of the value soon. This is not a pump and dump, the alt world is aware of this, you have established yourself. There is no value in a coin that will be lost in the dust by the ones that "hustle". Change your pinned tweet, false advertising almost. Frustrated that is all, but seriously try to bring value to the coin, if you want a marketplace how is it going to work with no value?

Huh
What makes you frustrated? What are you expecting?

Please listen to 22langer22 advice. I can support what he says with my experience.

Bringing investors/users/miners/traders is a very serious issue if DigiByte is to succeed. A coin without high market cap value AND liquidity is basically useless in the long run.

The value of the coin is how it is perceived. Darkcoin was not that interesting and did not bring any attention when it was 10x cheaper.

EDIT: It is not good news that we cannot use this announcement to really promote the coin. When is the next announcement coming?

Did you watch the video? We are doing all the above. We are giving more miners a chance to mine DigiByte. We are bringing on investors and we are working on bringing wide spread merchant adoption. What better options would you propose?

HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

Reasonable expectations are an extremely important part of, if not perhaps even the most important aspect of, any endeavor, but equally so is the window of opportunity for its implementation.

Fear of making a mistake can paralyze projects, leading to over cautiousness and missed opportunities, while unconscious brazenness can lead to almost certain short term disaster. It's a balancing act that normally plays out over a considerable amount of time, and even then it's tough to get right. Accelerate things by a factor of 10, and we might begin to just begin to get an idea as to how much more difficult that balancing act will be within the present context.

I think I understand both sides of this highly charged issue. An algo change is not an overnight venture (unless it is stop-gap, cut and paste, and, as we know, that Digibyte is not), but the urgency felt by many is also well worth noting – the rate at which cryptocurrencies are evolving is increasing exponentially and I too share the worry that it will come too late. There's nothing like a great idea ahead of its time that gets beaten out by someone else who is quicker to bring it to market. Nothing like a good product that's too late! I mentioned earlier how an average of only 10.66 blocks were being found per hour over the last 24 hours, and 19.25 per hour over the last 5 days, and I'm not exactly sure what that is due to, but if it has anything to do with a dwindling of the widely distributed user base and an increase in ASIC mining, that would not be a good sign for time being on DGB's side (either way, there's obviously something wrong with that output for a 60 second coin, and very disconcerting considering that mining is the foundation that everything else rests on at this time . . . perhaps it's another completely unrelated issue to further complicate things . . .).

In any event, along with 'getting it right', I think we can probably also all agree that time is of the essence and there's no time to waste! We've got a supersonic balancing act on our hands and all eyes are on the Dev team. If English bookmakers were to place bets on this, I'd bet that the bet would be: “can they do it in time?” (Just to add a bit of "big game" pressure to the mix while we're at it.  Wink )

I want to wish the Dev team the best of luck with this very stressful 24/7 project you have on your hands, and to also thank you for keeping us up-to-date and in-the-loop. Rest assured that you can count on my/our help with testing and whatever else I/we might be able to do. Here's to getting a great job done in time!

legendary
When 50 state compliance goes threw, and they decide to embrace technological improvements and not fight them, that will be good long term hold. Waiting to see how that all comes out. Remember if we didn't embrace technological improvements, then we would all be still sending telegraphs, using oil lamps & night, and deficiently not be using, exploring & advancing in alternative currencies.

Hey thats my line! But well said.
Very well said. We feel most states will come around by 2015/2016. But there as many opportunities to seize between now and then!
Activity: 196
When 50 state compliance goes threw, and they decide to embrace technological improvements and not fight them, that will be good long term hold. Waiting to see how that all comes out. Remember if we didn't embrace technological improvements, then we would all be still sending telegraphs, using oil lamps & night, and deficiently not be using, exploring & advancing in alternative currencies.

Hey thats my line! But well said.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Good to see this is still running. I had got some right at the start in a giveaway and then forgot all about it.
legendary
These long term announcements are great and all, but Digibyte is going to be left in the dust. The coin will not have value to keep itself up, crypto is all speculative, what it could be, and digibyte is on the wrong timeline. There will not be enough room for any decent value alts soon, BTC, DRK, and DOGE will hold all of the value soon. This is not a pump and dump, the alt world is aware of this, you have established yourself. There is no value in a coin that will be lost in the dust by the ones that "hustle". Change your pinned tweet, false advertising almost. Frustrated that is all, but seriously try to bring value to the coin, if you want a marketplace how is it going to work with no value?

Huh

Please listen to 22langer22 advice. I can support what he says with my experience.

Bringing investors/users/miners/traders is a very serious issue if DigiByte is to succeed. A coin without high market cap value AND liquidity is basically useless in the long run.

The value of the coin is how it is perceived. Darkcoin was not that interesting and did not bring any attention when it was 10x cheaper.

EDIT: It is not good news that we cannot use this announcement to really promote the coin. When is the next announcement coming?

Did you watch the video? We are doing all the above. We are giving more miners a chance to mine DigiByte. We are bringing on investors and we are working on bringing wide spread merchant adoption. What better options would you propose?

Huh

Activity: 38

Huh

Investors wait years and years for solid returns, and people like you are flipping out in 5 months. Your in thw wrong game, and your sense of frustration seems to more than likely stem from un-natural 'HYPER-growth' pump & dumps. This is the problem with crypto, to many of these have 'trained' people to respond like this, and if they dont see returns in days & weeks, they get fustrated. If you want to profit off DGB, it can be done, almost every 3 or 4 days, look @ the charts & day trade to your hearts content.

Crypto is not like like anything else, the closest that it can be compared to is computers or the internet as a technology. Look at what DRK and DOGE have already done. I have have already made a lot of money from coins that have not been dumped after the hype. I was wrong in thinking that DGB would be one of these coins.
Activity: 178
LiskHQ CTO
Please DONT add Blake-256, because if it was, as soon as it was added to the blake-256 'multi coin pool' its difficulty would get bashed harder than a scam-coin dev.

Never gonna happen but imagine a world where you could merge mine DigiByte, Nautliuscoin and Doge using Blake 256!

+1000 for Blake 256...
Activity: 196
DigiByte is officially going to change algorithms! We are also meeting with investors this weekend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-0T99DZml4

This is a big change and I love it. Please add Blake 256.

Please DONT add Blake-256, because if it was, as soon as it was added to the blake-256 'multi coin pool' its difficulty would get bashed harder than a scam-coin dev.
Activity: 38

Huh

Look at the perspective of someone who is part of the general public. Value will drive the decision on which currency to purchase. Now looking at market caps and other statistics, maybe 10 coins could make the one-ten usd dollar range. This is kind of like the PC world right now, two companies beat everyone else to the chase, and now very few have broken in mix. I personally thought your pinned quote meant something, but it looks like dgb will prefer to pick up the droppings of coins that care about the value of the coin. Still love the coin and the honesty and trustworthiness of your team, but other coins will establish themselves and take away from what digi could have been.

Just thoughts rolling off of my frustration. Im nothing other than a bag holder who thought that 6 months was a decent "longish" term time frame. I don't know if 1 usd equivalent will be possible on the timeline DGB is taking. Looks like I will be left in the dust.

Add: I don't know if I have seen a coin lose the price in value after an announcement. Have not proven to the masses (which should be most important) that DGB is worth picking up

Another: At least the volume is holding

Final: I also understand i have personally have no weight in this matter
Jump to: