Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1371. (Read 3058812 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Agree with your assessment. All of the conversation was just more brainstorming. Not suggesting to do either. More importantly, you would never want to jeopardize the long term health and sustainability of the coin.

YC

Do people in the community believe that reducing the supply would be better for long term health of the coin? Would they be more inclined to invest if they are on the fences?

YC
I think as long as DGB isn't at mainstream, a total coin reduction would be good. However, this should be done in a fair manner - meaning that if the supply is divided by ten then every coin should be a tenth coin afterwards. So if we reduce from 21 billion to lets say 210m them 1m current coins should become 10k coins. This is fair for current holders and fair to later investors. It shouldn't have the taste of a motivation of greed. The motivation is to push 1 DGB in a direction of $0.01 - $0.1 each. That's currently ~ 0.000015 - 0.00015BTC
So a reduction to 560m or 56m would make sense imho.

At a later time there's still the possibility to raise the quantity again if needed.

Honestly while I get what you are saying (essentially handle it like a reverse stock split) I think this would be a bad idea and I'm not sure it is possible do this from a technical aspect
Both you and I understand why it would be fair but I really think it would infuriate many holders simply because they are greedy.   

I really am not sure if I would oppose or support a reduction the more I think about it.  It was just a random though I had.

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Do people in the community believe that reducing the supply would be better for long term health of the coin? Would they be more inclined to invest if they are on the fences?

YC
I think as long as DGB isn't at mainstream, a total coin reduction would be good. However, this should be done in a fair manner - meaning that if the supply is divided by ten then every coin should be a tenth coin afterwards. So if we reduce from 21 billion to lets say 210m them 1m current coins should become 10k coins. This is fair for current holders and fair to later investors. It shouldn't have the taste of a motivation of greed. The motivation is to push 1 DGB in a direction of $0.01 - $0.1 each. That's currently ~ 0.000015 - 0.00015BTC

At a later time there's still the possibility to raise the quantity again if needed.

Honestly while I get what you are saying (essentially handle it like a reverse stock split) I think this would be a bad idea and I'm not sure it is possible do this from a technical aspect
Both you and I understand why it would be fair but I really think it would infuriate many holders simply because they are greedy.   

I really am not sure if I would oppose or support a reduction the more I think about it.  It was just a random though I had.

Activity: 786

YC

I don't think a reduction is necessary, as it's greedy and desperate.  This community is active, and dedicated.  Give it time.  Quit worrying about the current "price" and just worry about exposure and services.
Activity: 984

YC

legendary
Activity: 1106
The future is bright with DigiByte.
Hello I'd like to introduce myself, Im KIZLOC
Ive been mining DGB sine the the start and I live in the UK, Will anybody be going to the Crypto-currency Convention in London on Oct 22nd 2014, I will most probably be going and is there any thing I can do help? Smiley

I am planning to be there too Wink A DGB lover too Cheesy

YC

I think the key is to constantly be pushing news. In the situation of DGB, you have the flexibility that the dev is really trying to make sure the coin is the best. In addition, adoption needs to continue happening. DOGE, NAUT and many other coins took full advantage of the DigiShield implementation and for what it's worth, not sure there was enough of a lasting effect on our community. With all the wild exaggeration in the market, DGB should be an easy $.10-.20. Why not?

YC

I understand that an algo change announcement doesnt happen over night. Little things like, we are looking to implement this or x is happeing on this date. FACTS bring money into the coin. The value of the coin will determine how useful it is to the public, and DGB is a little behind in that department.

this is true.  Also that a fork cannot be done without warning or a disaster like Dark will happen. So even if an announcement is made this week the fork cannot happen for at least a week. Meanwhile bulk Asics are currently being shipped.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Hello I'd like to introduce myself, Im KIZLOC
Ive been mining DGB sine the the start and I live in the UK, Will anybody be going to the Crypto-currency Convention in London on Oct 22nd 2014, I will most probably be going and is there any thing I can do help? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
I think the key is to constantly be pushing news. In the situation of DGB, you have the flexibility that the dev is really trying to make sure the coin is the best. In addition, adoption needs to continue happening. DOGE, NAUT and many other coins took full advantage of the DigiShield implementation and for what it's worth, not sure there was enough of a lasting effect on our community. With all the wild exaggeration in the market, DGB should be an easy $.10-.20. Why not?

YC

I understand that an algo change announcement doesnt happen over night. Little things like, we are looking to implement this or x is happeing on this date. FACTS bring money into the coin. The value of the coin will determine how useful it is to the public, and DGB is a little behind in that department.

this is true.  Also that a fork cannot be done without warning or a disaster like Dark will happen. So even if an announcement is made this week the fork cannot happen for at least a week. Meanwhile bulk Asics are currently being shipped.
Activity: 38

YC

YC
but in the eyes of the crypto world, who I swear has ADD

LOL there is no doubt about that!  I agree there probably was an opportunity missed especially with the NAUT train, hopefully the announcement makes everyone forget.
There are and likely will be more XC profits out there, perhaps that is another opportunity to catch the next rocket.

That depends a bit on when you are talking about: today, tomorrow, 5 years from now, 10 years from now . . .  Wink

I think this may be the hardest thing to balance in the crypto world for Devs.  You want to build for the long term but things move so fast and there is so much competition that if you don't pay attention to the now as well you will get passed by.

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”  Abraham Lincoln Wierd that their pinned tweet says just that yet no announcements in a long time.

They have stated that there will be an announcement this week

Yes, but if there was any movement made during the Naut hype, during the Doge race, during the DRK run when people had their profits, DGB could have sent itself to the launch pad. Opportunities were not capitalized on. Now personally I understand when personal things come up, but in the eyes of the crypto world, who I swear has ADD, you need to be as transparent as possible.

That depends a bit on when you are talking about: today, tomorrow, 5 years from now, 10 years from now . . .  Wink

I think this may be the hardest thing to balance in the crypto world for Devs.  You want to build for the long term but things move so fast and there is so much competition that if you don't pay attention to the now as well you will get passed by.

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”  Abraham Lincoln Wierd that their pinned tweet says just that yet no announcements in a long time.

They have stated that there will be an announcement this week

We need to get more marketing done. I have been asking about PR contacts for quite some time. Does anyone in the community have any folks that would do a story on DGB?!

Thanks,
YC

The cnbc thing helped a little but it was only a short lived gain. Perhaps we should follow the 'if you build it they will come' principle and look at features more than marketing. After all, from a real benefit point of view all we have is the speed of transactions. Something innovative like Dark had with annonimity might work better long term.

Definitely need a good mix of both PR and features.   You can have all the features in the world but if few know about them what good are they?  On the other side you can market all you want but if the product is inferior or not unique it won't do any good.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Hi,

we are running the site www.crypto-coins-table.com

- 646 coins indexed so far (28th May 2014)
- providing detailed charts on pricing and volume
- capitalisation listing
- top and flop coins
- many filters to analyse

personalized features
- create individual watchlists
- track your coins value and compare

W have listed your coin already. To provide the full and uptodate information
on your coin, please use the update function.

Thanks, the coin-table team

contact us, if you would like to join the team or advertise on crypto-coins-table.com
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
I wrote this same thing in a couple of other alt coin threads I'm (bag)holding, and certainly wouldn't mind someday seeing DigiByte pulling this off - this could potentially be the greatest thing in terms of getting DigiByte to the people:

Btw, would it be possible to implement something like this?
http://www.quickcoin.co/
http://www.coindesk.com/facebook-integrated-wallet-makes-sending-bitcoin-easy-messaging/
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-introducing-the-quickcoin-social-wallet-619881

It is supposedly an add-on to facebook with which you can send bitcoins to your facebook friends. I don't have facebook myself and never used it so no idea how those add-ons work, but I realize the potential would be huge.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

Total US M2 money supply was $11.269 TRILLION on 2014-05-12.
http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/M2/

That's 536.62 times as much as eventual DGB.

And it's still worth a Dollar!  Cheesy

21 billion is puny in comparison (especially when taken in a worldwide context where the combined M2 of industrial nations is around 6 times that of just the US). If anything, one might argue that 21 billion borders on the low end.

I suggest you don't get overly excited about those numbers. You need to think first what is a realistic market share for DigiByte out of all that. And if you come up with anything larger than 0.001%, I will call you delusional.

Jump to: