Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1372. (Read 3058812 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Total US M2 money supply was $11.269 TRILLION on 2014-05-12.
http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/M2/

That's 536.62 times as much as eventual DGB.

And it's still worth a Dollar!  Cheesy

21 billion is puny in comparison (especially when taken in a worldwide context where the combined M2 of industrial nations is around 6 times that of just the US). If anything, one might argue that 21 billion borders on the low end.

I suggest you don't get overly excited about those numbers. You need to think first what is a realistic market share for DigiByte out of all that. And if you come up with anything larger than 0.001%, I will call you delusional.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

Total US M2 money supply was $11.269 TRILLION on 2014-05-12.
http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/M2/

That's 536.62 times as much as eventual DGB.

And it's still worth a Dollar!  Cheesy

21 billion is puny in comparison (especially when taken in a worldwide context where the combined M2 of industrial nations is around 6 times that of just the US). If anything, one might argue that 21 billion borders on the low end.

legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
We need to get more marketing done. I have been asking about PR contacts for quite some time. Does anyone in the community have any folks that would do a story on DGB?!

Thanks,
YC

The cnbc thing helped a little but it was only a short lived gain. Perhaps we should follow the 'if you build it they will come' principle and look at features more than marketing. After all, from a real benefit point of view all we have is the speed of transactions. Something innovative like Dark had with annonimity might work better long term.
Activity: 252
I can confirm a multi algo announcement will be made soon. This should help in all situations. Not sure about the reduction of the supply, but if DGB's sell is to get digibytes into the hands of all consumers, would that cause a problem in the original benefit of the coin?

YC

Typically what is the price impact percentage wise and how does the long term health of the coin get affected? Are miners and others more receptive to this?

YC

With the obvious conversation being that it creates scarcity, does it naturally cause a price increase? What are the negatives of reducing supply?

The supply has been discussed quite a bit. What does reducing the supply do to existing investors? Does it hurt their position? Can you even reduce supply when a coin has been in existence already?

YC

It does nothing to the holdings of existing investors, if you have 50,000DGB before you will still have 50,000DGB.  You definitely can reduce supply in several ways after a coin has been in existence, many coins have done it recently.

In theory yes it does and has on the coins I've seen, well at least the ones people actually care about  Cheesy

As far a negative I guess if it doesn't increase the price it makes it less profitable to mine (assuming sticking with PoW).  

To be honest I don't know enough to speak for other coins.  XC just did it and is still skyrocketing but their situation is different as they stopped PoW and moved to PoS and are a very new coin. But every coin is different and there are many factors in play.

As far as DigiByte goes I do think coupled with a multi-algo change it would be a positive all around.  GPU, CPU, FGPA and ASICs could all mine assuming multi algo and with less coins coming into the supply investors should be happy.

The reduction is pure rumor and speculation although it wouldnt surprise me!  21 Billion DigiBytes was the original stated number so getting them into the hands of all consumers would not be a problem even if you halved or took that down drastically to say 1 Billion or something.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I can confirm a multi algo announcement will be made soon. This should help in all situations. Not sure about the reduction of the supply, but if DGB's sell is to get digibytes into the hands of all consumers, would that cause a problem in the original benefit of the coin?

YC

Typically what is the price impact percentage wise and how does the long term health of the coin get affected? Are miners and others more receptive to this?

YC

With the obvious conversation being that it creates scarcity, does it naturally cause a price increase? What are the negatives of reducing supply?

The supply has been discussed quite a bit. What does reducing the supply do to existing investors? Does it hurt their position? Can you even reduce supply when a coin has been in existence already?

YC

It does nothing to the holdings of existing investors, if you have 50,000DGB before you will still have 50,000DGB.  You definitely can reduce supply in several ways after a coin has been in existence, many coins have done it recently.

In theory yes it does and has on the coins I've seen, well at least the ones people actually care about  Cheesy

As far a negative I guess if it doesn't increase the price it makes it less profitable to mine (assuming sticking with PoW).  

To be honest I don't know enough to speak for other coins.  XC just did it and is still skyrocketing but their situation is different as they stopped PoW and moved to PoS and are a very new coin. But every coin is different and there are many factors in play.

As far as DigiByte goes I do think coupled with a multi-algo change it would be a positive all around.  GPU, CPU, FGPA and ASICs could all mine assuming multi algo and with less coins coming into the supply investors should be happy.

YC

YC

YC

YC

It does nothing to the holdings of existing investors, if you have 50,000DGB before you will still have 50,000DGB.  You definitely can reduce supply in several ways after a coin has been in existence, many coins have done it recently.

In theory yes it does and has on the coins I've seen, well at least the ones people actually care about  Cheesy

YC

It does nothing to the holdings of existing investors, if you have 50,000DGB before you will still have 50,000DGB.  You definitely can reduce supply in several ways after a coin has been in existence, many coins have done it recently.

In theory yes it does and has on the coins I've seen, well at least the ones people actually care about  Cheesy

YC

YC

We need to get more marketing done. I have been asking about PR contacts for quite some time. Does anyone in the community have any folks that would do a story on DGB?!

Thanks,
YC

YC
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Twitter: @FedKassad
Honestly for all the support DGB has provided to other coins, DGB should be an easy 1000 satoshi coin at the minimum. No reason for others not to be involved. Not only is this a solid coin, but lots of benefits in it as well.

YC

I believe Jared is a very nice guy, too nice actually. I hope he develops a mean edge and decides to cut on the coin supply together with the algo change.
Honestly for all the support DGB has provided to other coins, DGB should be an easy 1000 satoshi coin at the minimum. No reason for others not to be involved. Not only is this a solid coin, but lots of benefits in it as well.

YC
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

Good Looking Chart - Possible Solid Basing Pattern - First Fast and Furious Target = 100 Satoshi

Add: a DGB-BTC overlay, for a comparative look.  Smiley

I have been informed that more instructional videos are going to come out and an announcement on the algorithm change is coming in the next few days! I think this is a very interesting point where DGB is so cheap relative to the rest of the market. I suspect big announcements coming down the pipeline. We need more folks to invest.

Note: Not being paid or told to do this by anyone. Just have a vested interest in the growth of DGB.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Good to see some activity on MintPal, looks like Im not the only one who reinvested today

4 BTC volume increase in under 24 hours, good deal
Good to see some activity on MintPal, looks like Im not the only one who reinvested today
Activity: 335

Better rewards
Coins deposited directly in your wallet
DDoS resistant
Up 24h/24h
No registration needed, just a DigiByte address as username
If node is down, you don't lose your DigiByte, your work is saved on network.

JOIN US TO MINE
Jump to: