Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1617. (Read 3058803 times)

Activity: 304
Merit: 252
CLAM Dev
Chunky Pools: I have been mining for just about 6 hours there, i have 692 coins but zero confirmed? WTF? (700hash)

I mine there too, the confirmations are really slow but I always get the correct amount.

Can't comment on why just that they will eventually confirm.

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Chunky Pools: I have been mining for just about 6 hours there, i have 692 coins but zero confirmed? WTF? (700hash)
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Dev Team Update:

We are working hard on finishing the new user tutorials, promo video and upgrading the website /server. We are also still planning out the DGB exchange.

Once we have all that done and we are on a few more exchanges we are going to make a marketing push to attract new users and merchants.

We are thinking of utilizing the FaceBook ad service at first. Since they allow you to target specific demographics such as people who have "liked" bitcoin, or computers or some sort of investment page.

We figure for a few grand we could put the DigiByte logo and brand in front of a few million people.

What do you guys think?

Any suggestions for Ad's, slogans or hot points to attract new users? Or goal is to become a bridge to attract new users into the crypto world.

Do your best!
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
MPools DigiByte Pool http://dgb.mpools.net

Features

Stratum VARDIFF
DDoS Protection
Proportional payout system
Payouts (both manual and automatic) processed every minute
1% mining fee to help fund the faucet @ http://digifaucet.com
Fast confirmations
Dedicated server located in the US

Activity: 68
Yea I meant if I specify port 10000 in the .conf file can others connect to my wallet/node then?
Not automatically, you'd have to tell other users to connect using addnode=YOUR.IP.ADDR:10000 in their config files
Otherwise the wallet software will only try port 12024.
Activity: 966
Yea I meant if I specify port 10000 in the .conf file can others connect to my wallet/node then?
Activity: 421
Merit: 250
As for the network connectivity, most people are behind a firewall or NAT, thus they severely limit the outgoing connections on the wallet. This means that there are only a few nodes that connect all those other nodes together. Once a node has reached it's limit of connections, they stop accepting new users until an existing user disconnects. In some cases there are way more users than 'slots' available on the nodes, which leads to some users not being able to find any available nodes to connect to.

If I run my wallet and want to use it as a node to help this situation, can I change the port and it will still work? I ask this because I have a range of ports that are forwarded in my router.
You need to have port 12024 open for peer to peer connections. 14022 if you are solo mining or running the daemon.

its still work.

I change to 14024 for my stratum-mining, its ok
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
As for the network connectivity, most people are behind a firewall or NAT, thus they severely limit the outgoing connections on the wallet. This means that there are only a few nodes that connect all those other nodes together. Once a node has reached it's limit of connections, they stop accepting new users until an existing user disconnects. In some cases there are way more users than 'slots' available on the nodes, which leads to some users not being able to find any available nodes to connect to.

If I run my wallet and want to use it as a node to help this situation, can I change the port and it will still work? I ask this because I have a range of ports that are forwarded in my router.
You need to have port 12024 open for peer to peer connections. 14022 if you are solo mining or running the daemon.
Activity: 224
I tried it aswell and now I get 2-3 connections! I think I can live with that ^^

Thanks for helping me incorrect, Ice_Blade and sakkosekk! Smiley

Not a problem happy to help. Good to hear you have it working.  Smiley

You're welcome Smiley I had to run out earlier so the credit goes to the other guys.
Activity: 966

Activity: 73
legendary
Oh yeah, we reached thunderclapit! Thank you, dudes!
Great to hear we reached the Thunderclap goal!
Activity: 68
I used coinmarket.io to buy my coins and it worked really well!
https://cryptorush.in/index.php?p=trading&m=DGB&b=BTC is another exchange that has DGB, but it doesn't have as much volume as CoinMarket.io yet. This means that you might be able to find more extreme deals there, leading to bigger profits / more coins if you're lucky.

There is also the site: http://cryptokopen.eu which sells DGB for a fixed price, using Skrill payments.
However there are rumors going about that the Skrill payment provider is bankrupt, or is near bankruptcy, so I'm not sure whether that is still a viable option. (At least until CryptoKopen.eu starts offering another payment processor.)
legendary
Activity: 185
Activity: 185
Thank you guys for helping him with troubleshooting! It is great to see the community of DigiByte in action!

It's great so see there are people willing to help out it really shows how great this community has become in such a short amount of time.

I feel I should be helping as much as I can because I'm not too creative and I can't mine much a day (<700 DGB) to hand out to newcomers. The way I see it is what a better way to help out then to help those having problems I could potentially help them fix.

/walloftext  Wink
Yea it's definitely good to know that DigiByte has such active community that is willing to help. I think nothing kills interest in new things more than having problems that you can't solve. This kind of activity sends a good image of the community!
Activity: 196
Thank you guys for helping him with troubleshooting! It is great to see the community of DigiByte in action!

It's great so see there are people willing to help out it really shows how great this community has become in such a short amount of time.

I feel I should be helping as much as I can because I'm not too creative and I can't mine much a day (<700 DGB) to hand out to newcomers. The way I see it is what a better way to help out then to help those having problems I could potentially help them fix.

/walloftext  Wink
legendary
Activity: 196
I tried it aswell and now I get 2-3 connections! I think I can live with that ^^

Thanks for helping me incorrect, Ice_Blade and sakkosekk! Smiley

Not a problem happy to help. Good to hear you have it working.  Smiley
Jump to: