Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1618. (Read 3058803 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
Created a digibyte.conf file copying the text from the OP and saved it in the roaming folder. I now get 3 connections and it works.

Btw, thanks for the donations. Always appreciated.  Smiley
I tried it aswell and now I get 2-3 connections! I think I can live with that ^^

Thanks for helping me incorrect, Ice_Blade and sakkosekk! Smiley
It will improve over time. We have been making some modifications to the DNS Seeder. The DigiByteD client on the main seed server was down for a bit. We are also in the process of migrating DigiByte.co to a bigger server with another DNS seeder. That could have been your initial connection troubles. We apologize for that!
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Created a digibyte.conf file copying the text from the OP and saved it in the roaming folder. I now get 3 connections and it works.

I tried it aswell and now I get 2-3 connections! I think I can live with that ^^

Thanks for helping me incorrect, Ice_Blade and sakkosekk! Smiley
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
Giga
is any exchange selling dgb yet ?
Activity: 261
Merit: 250

Activity: 196
How many active connections do you get? Now I have no problem connecting but I have only one connection all the time and it could go offline any time.

I have 8 active at the moment.
Okay so I found the digibyte.conf file in the folder where I exctracted the .zip. The only addnode that wasn't already there was the one you posted earlier. I added it but I still have only one connection. Also I noticed that content in that file is different from the suggested content in that first post you linked. Should I use the config from that post? Thanks for helping me!
Getting the conf from the OP wouldn't hurt to try again. I haven't had an issue since launch and I'm still running the same list of nodes. (a few added that aren't in the OP actually.)

Code:
rpcuser=youruser
rpcpassword=yourpass
rpcport=14022
server=1
daemon=1
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=*
addnode=74.208.230.160
addnode=31.220.25.91
addnode=184.155.218.183
addnode=24.119.23.61
addnode=70.196.193.231
addnode=198.98.118.241
addnode=142.4.204.115
addnode=23.90.191.58
addnode=216.250.125.121
addnode=115.28.31.25
addnode=83.172.105.46

Here's mine if it helps.
How many active connections do you get? Now I have no problem connecting but I have only one connection all the time and it could go offline any time.
Okay so I found the digibyte.conf file in the folder where I exctracted the .zip. The only addnode that wasn't already there was the one you posted earlier. I added it but I still have only one connection. Also I noticed that content in that file is different from the suggested content in that first post you linked. Should I use the config from that post? Thanks for helping me!
Getting the conf from the OP wouldn't hurt to try again. I haven't had an issue since launch and I'm still running the same list of nodes. (a few added that aren't in the OP actually.)

Code:
rpcuser=youruser
rpcpassword=yourpass
rpcport=14022
server=1
daemon=1
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=*
addnode=74.208.230.160
addnode=31.220.25.91
addnode=184.155.218.183
addnode=24.119.23.61
addnode=70.196.193.231
addnode=198.98.118.241
addnode=142.4.204.115
addnode=23.90.191.58
addnode=216.250.125.121
addnode=115.28.31.25
addnode=83.172.105.46

Here's mine if it helps.
It seems that my DigiByte wallet doesn't connect to DigiByte network and thus doesn't download the blockchain :S What could be the problem?
Could someone help me please? I don't have any problems with other wallets but for some reason this one doesn't connect :O It's permitted to go trough firewall so that shouldn't be the problem.

Have you tried to add nodes?

addnode=74.208.230.160
addnode=31.220.25.91
addnode=184.155.218.183
addnode=24.119.23.61
addnode=70.196.193.231
addnode=198.98.118.241
addnode=142.4.204.115
addnode=23.90.191.58

If those don't help, you could also try adding:
addnode=84.27.153.252
I'll see about allowing more than 125 connections to enable supernode mode.

Edit: currently allowing 500 connections, though if my connection becomes too slow I'll throttle back to something sustainable.
Allowing a maximum of eight connections per IPv4 /24 subnet and 2 connections per IPv4 address to spread my availability over the network.

Where am I supposed to add these things...?

Also, I was afk for a while and when I came back I noticed that it had downloaded about half of the blockchain, but now it doesn't have a connection anymore :S
There should be a file called digibyte.conf (or you can create it) with the addnode= lines in there. (See the first post of this thread for additional stuff to put in the config file.)
The location of that file varies, depending on your operating system. On Linux it's ~/.digibyte/digibyte.conf and on Windows it's in %APPDATA%/local/Roaming/ off the top of my head (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

As for the network connectivity, most people are behind a firewall or NAT, thus they severely limit the outgoing connections on the wallet. This means that there are only a few nodes that connect all those other nodes together. Once a node has reached it's limit of connections, they stop accepting new users until an existing user disconnects. In some cases there are way more users than 'slots' available on the nodes, which leads to some users not being able to find any available nodes to connect to.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
It seems that my DigiByte wallet doesn't connect to DigiByte network and thus doesn't download the blockchain :S What could be the problem?
Could someone help me please? I don't have any problems with other wallets but for some reason this one doesn't connect :O It's permitted to go trough firewall so that shouldn't be the problem.

addnode=74.208.230.160
addnode=31.220.25.91
addnode=184.155.218.183
addnode=24.119.23.61
addnode=70.196.193.231
addnode=198.98.118.241
addnode=142.4.204.115
addnode=23.90.191.58

addnode=84.27.153.252

Edit: currently allowing 500 connections, though if my connection becomes too slow I'll throttle back to something sustainable.
Allowing a maximum of eight connections per IPv4 /24 subnet and 2 connections per IPv4 address to spread my availability over the network.

Also, I was afk for a while and when I came back I noticed that it had downloaded about half of the blockchain, but now it doesn't have a connection anymore :S
There should be a file called digibyte.conf (or you can create it) with the addnode= lines in there. (See the first post of this thread for additional stuff to put in the config file.)
The location of that file varies, depending on your operating system. On Linux it's ~/.digibyte/digibyte.conf and on Windows it's in %APPDATA%/local/Roaming/ off the top of my head (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

As for the network connectivity, most people are behind a firewall or NAT, thus they severely limit the outgoing connections on the wallet. This means that there are only a few nodes that connect all those other nodes together. Once a node has reached it's limit of connections, they stop accepting new users until an existing user disconnects. In some cases there are way more users than 'slots' available on the nodes, which leads to some users not being able to find any available nodes to connect to.
Activity: 182
I don't Think DGB will be added on crypsy this soon , But again they did add mooncoin  Undecided
Looks like we have been added to the Cryptsy Wiki Page!
http://wiki.cryptsy.com/dgb

This is positive news!

Agreed.  They definitely wouldn't put it up there without reason.

Everyone can make a wiki thread if they have account at the cryptsy sections (I heard, didn't tried myself)

Thats what i heard as well.

This is positive news!

This is a good sign, but don't get too excited. The wiki page doesn't mean it will be added anytime soon or ever for that matter. We can only hope.
Activity: 112
I don't Think DGB will be added on crypsy this soon , But again they did add mooncoin  Undecided

This is positive news!

Agreed.  They definitely wouldn't put it up there without reason.

Everyone can make a wiki thread if they have account at the cryptsy sections (I heard, didn't tried myself)
Activity: 182
Activity: 238
I don't Think DGB will be added on crypsy this soon , But again they did add mooncoin  Undecided

This is positive news!

Agreed.  They definitely wouldn't put it up there without reason.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
I don't Think DGB will be added on crypsy this soon , But again they did add mooncoin  Undecided

This is positive news!
Activity: 238

I've seen coins added as soon as a week after launch, and some as much as months.
Activity: 111

addnode=74.208.230.160
addnode=31.220.25.91
addnode=184.155.218.183
addnode=24.119.23.61
addnode=70.196.193.231
addnode=198.98.118.241
addnode=142.4.204.115
addnode=23.90.191.58

addnode=84.27.153.252

Now I got one active connection. Is there something wrong in my settings or is it something with DigiByte network?
Activity: 112
Seems like DGB is going on cryptsy tonight so I bought me in! Only 65k but anyway I think I can double it tonight! Wink
And you know this because..?

He is a wizard.
Because Coino, DGB and Noble just got listed on cryptsy wiki Wink
Leaf and KDC havent. Neither have PotCoin.

Well,

These coins have a cryptsy wiki and are not listed on the exchange yet.

Velocitycoin
Digibyte
Coye
Snowcoin
Xivra
Coino
Noble

Yeah, but I've also heard there will be a batch tonight or tomorrow. And if you look at the time between the batches it's reasonable.
Every coin that gets listed is added on the wiki first.

And go thru the coins, which coins are most likely to get listed?

VEL? Nah
DGB? Hell yeah!
Coye? Nope, cuz of legal issues.
Snow? What is that?
Xivra? Maybe.
Coino? Yeah, same as DGB.
Noble? Maybe.

If I'm correct, then you all can send me some coins Wink DFe7ge1eWMUBwoDBnQt6fpgAKVrPdmJ4Yr

It will be great if it gets on cryptsy. But yeah so many options. I expect the unexpected hahaha Grin And... Last point: Everyone can make a wiki page on this cryptsy wiki, just make an account (I heard)
Jump to: