Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1664. (Read 3058803 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I hope not... I still have more DGB I want to mine  Cry

I'm only getting 500 DGB a day now from mining.. so I really hope not as well. I really need to get a new GPU.
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
difficulty will be over 100 by sunday!

I hope not... I still have more DGB I want to mine  Cry

We had talked about providing an rss feed from DigiBytes website but I can make it so you can add your own source as well.

That would be good Smiley

Also, about the light client. It seems like it's going to be heavily geared to on location transactions... I think that's a good thing, though!

Having a direct DGB->USD rate would be wonderful for businesses who accept DGB. This might be going out of the "light" side of things, but it would be pretty cool to have a fullscreen merchant mode, where the client would take up the entirety of a monitor facing the customer and have some relevant information on it (Price of the purchase in DGB and USD/EUR/Whatever, Maybe the items being bought...) with a QR code for sending payments.

Anyways, I'm pretty interested in watching further discussions on the future of the DGB client, and seeing exactly how it's going to turn out.
Activity: 182
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
What news sources are going to be available, and will we be able to add RSS feeds to it ourselves?

We had talked about providing an rss feed from DigiBytes website but I can make it so you can add your own source as well.

Maybe not the Android wallet, as it is targeted more towards the average user.  However, a wallet with a built in USD(USD<-BTC) <-> DGB ticker would be priceless for those out and about trying to spread the word on the street and exchanging fiat for DGB.  Just an idea Smiley

Another great feature for the light client!

I suppose that kind of goes hand in hand with the paper wallet printing ability.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
difficulty will be over 100 by sunday!
Activity: 304
Merit: 252
CLAM Dev
What news sources are going to be available, and will we be able to add RSS feeds to it ourselves?

Maybe not the Android wallet, as it is targeted more towards the average user.  However, a wallet with a built in USD(USD<-BTC) <-> DGB ticker would be priceless for those out and about trying to spread the word on the street and exchanging fiat for DGB.  Just an idea Smiley

This is technically already available in the android wallet. Its currently tied into the cryptys API which is why it doesn't function right now. It could use improvement mainly not being tied directly to cryptys but until were on larger exchanges or our own exchange goes live there is no good source information.

DGB.Get-By.com Admin
Import / export private key would be nice.
And maybe the intent com.google.zxing.client.android.SCAN could be used to scan barcodes.

Both good ideas. I'm still learning the ins and outs of git, we still used cvs at my previous job but I will make sure to add in these feature requests to look into once I figure git out.

If anyone else has any features they would like to see just pm me or post in the thread and I will do what I can to make any good ideas happen. The current list of improvements I have are

QR code printing to cloud print
news section
bluetooth/nfc
option to require a password/pattern to launch the app
Import / export private key
and look into barcode scanning  

The QR printing and news section are my current focus and should be added by the early next week.

And maybe the intent com.google.zxing.client.android.SCAN could be used to scan barcodes.

Both good ideas. I'm still learning the ins and outs of git, we still used cvs at my previous job but I will make sure to add in these feature requests to look into once I figure git out.

If anyone else has any features they would like to see just pm me or post in the thread and I will do what I can to make any good ideas happen. The current list of improvements I have are

news section
bluetooth/nfc

The QR printing and news section are my current focus and should be added by the early next week.

Pretty good stuff. Thanks for your work!

CLAM Dev

news section
bluetooth/nfc

I kind of want two more heads now... I could have were thrice as many sunglasses, and as we all know: Sunglasses = Cool.  Cool
And no. Wearing three sunglasses on top of each other is not an option.

Aside from that, DigiByte is doing pretty good in that poll considering it got put on after tons of people voted... And people can't change their previous votes.
Gotta love the support on this coin (Byte?).
Undecided Undecided Undecided  <--------- That is my disappointed face.

You have 3 heads creative?  Shocked
Well!

Seems like things have settled down a bit around coinmarket.io.  A good stable price it seems -> this is not a bad thing Smiley

EDIT: Love how right after I say that I check back at the market and the price is 17pts different....... Grin  Shocked Shocked Grin

It's constantly been in flux, from what I've seen. Stayed in the 2xx range, though.

Price will probably stay around here until we hit a new exchange or get on coinwarz or the like... I'm def going to continue monitoring it Tongue
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
What the **** friends?  I could give a rats *** about cryptothrift -> but are we REALLY going to let worldcoin beat us???

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/poll-which-coin-to-be-added-to-cryptothriftcom-428566
 Undecided Undecided Undecided  <--------- That is my disappointed face.
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
Well!

Seems like things have settled down a bit around coinmarket.io.  A good stable price it seems -> this is not a bad thing Smiley

EDIT: Love how right after I say that I check back at the market and the price is 17pts different....... Grin  Shocked Shocked Grin
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
That pretty much sums it up. It decouples your requirement on an internet connection. Bluetooth transactions have not been thoroughly investigated yet but are high on my list of improvements along with NFC. I plan on providing more details in the coming weeks along with material explaining usage.

As it stands they are currently only mobile->mobile as the wallet itself needs to support the bluetooth transactions. I'm not sure if adding it into the current qt wallet would be the way to go but a light client has been discussed and would be a better place to put the feature IMO

NFC and Bluetooth are both good ideas! I agree with you on implementing Bluetooth transactions in the lightweight wallet. I think that the light client should be something businesses would use for transaction purposes, and phone->computer is a nice way to go for using DGB on the go. I'm sure you could also scan in QR codes for purchases on the go, so it might not be a big deal to have phone->desktop transfers through bluetooth.

Looking forward to the light client when it starts getting worked on Smiley
Bluetooth phone to computer would be a great thing to test out! Thanks for the idea!

Best way to thank me is to work towards implementing it into the wallet Wink
CLAM Dev
Thanks for your response,
that makes sense my mind is now at ease..... installing  Cheesy

I have been doing a lot of reading on android security recently I suppose its made me a tad edgy!

No problem at all. I'm glad I could ease your concerns. Make sure to read the safety information when you load up the wallet. Nothing can make you 100% secure but following its suggestions will greatly lower your risk.

What exactly is bluetooth transactions? Is there anything special about it?

It would probably be the transfer of funds from two phones through a bluetooth connection, making it easier to send funds to another person who has a bluetooth compatible mobile device with a DGB wallet on it. I haven't tried it out yet though, and am curious as to whether this applies to phone->desktop connections as well as phone->phone connections.
I would guess that it doesn't, but it's a pretty cool idea. I personally haven't really used bluetooth for much however, so I can't vouch for how well it would work.

That pretty much sums it up. It decouples your requirement on an internet connection. Bluetooth transactions have not been thoroughly investigated yet but are high on my list of improvements along with NFC. I plan on providing more details in the coming weeks along with material explaining usage.

As it stands they are currently only mobile->mobile as the wallet itself needs to support the bluetooth transactions. I'm not sure if adding it into the current qt wallet would be the way to go but a light client has been discussed and would be a better place to put the feature IMO
Jump to: