Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 1665. (Read 3058803 times)

Activity: 225
Merit: 100
Just downloaded the new Android wallet and left a review on the play store

Great job! I am really impressed.  Smiley

Grab yours now https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet.digibyte&hl=en

Oh and don't forget to leave a review!
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account

have you seen the permissions that wallet wants?

camera
usb storage
bluetooth
full network access
+ more

can anyone explain why a wallet needs all this access?

The Camera for the QR code scanning.  Usb storage to store the wallet data and block data (not the full block chain).  Bluetooth for transactions over bluetooth. Full network access for lots of things. Like the block chain headers,transactions, exchange information (when it is updated) etc.

If your suspicious, which would be perfectly understandable being a security conscious person myself, feel free to go through the source and compile the apk from that. It is available on github, although I still need to update the build instructions.

https://github.com/digibyte/DigiByteAndroid

What exactly is bluetooth transactions? Is there anything special about it?

It would probably be the transfer of funds from two phones through a bluetooth connection, making it easier to send funds to another person who has a bluetooth compatible mobile device with a DGB wallet on it. I haven't tried it out yet though, and am curious as to whether this applies to phone->desktop connections as well as phone->phone connections.
I would guess that it doesn't, but it's a pretty cool idea. I personally haven't really used bluetooth for much however, so I can't vouch for how well it would work.
Bluetooth phone to computer would be a great thing to test out! Thanks for the idea!
Activity: 285
Merit: 250

camera
usb storage
bluetooth
full network access
+ more

The Camera for the QR code scanning.  Usb storage to store the wallet data and block data (not the full block chain).  Bluetooth for transactions over bluetooth. Full network access for lots of things. Like the block chain headers,transactions, exchange information (when it is updated) etc.

If your suspicious, which would be perfectly understandable being a security conscious person myself, feel free to go through the source and compile the apk from that. It is available on github, although I still need to update the build instructions.

It would probably be the transfer of funds from two phones through a bluetooth connection, making it easier to send funds to another person who has a bluetooth compatible mobile device with a DGB wallet on it. I haven't tried it out yet though, and am curious as to whether this applies to phone->desktop connections as well as phone->phone connections.
I would guess that it doesn't, but it's a pretty cool idea. I personally haven't really used bluetooth for much however, so I can't vouch for how well it would work.
Activity: 224

camera
usb storage
bluetooth
full network access
+ more

alz
Activity: 227

camera
usb storage
bluetooth
full network access
+ more

Thanks for your response,
that makes sense my mind is now at ease..... installing  Cheesy

I have been doing a lot of reading on android security recently I suppose its made me a tad edgy!
Activity: 304
Merit: 252
CLAM Dev

camera
usb storage
bluetooth
full network access
+ more

Activity: 238
I think every app I've ever installed asks for the same permissions
alz
Activity: 227

camera
usb storage
bluetooth
full network access
+ more

Activity: 238
Make sure to vote for DigiByte!

Let's get DigiByte on CryptoThrift.com! https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/poll-which-coin-to-be-added-to-cryptothriftcom-428566

Evening Rush, Vote for DigiByte!!  Most Promising New Coin This Year
legendary
We are working on the basic DigiMan how to guides still. Our goal is to become a bridge to the crypto world for people who do not know or understand how crypto's work. Or aim is to make things very simple for the average user!
Activity: 224
Make sure to vote for DigiByte!

Let's get DigiByte on CryptoThrift.com! https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/poll-which-coin-to-be-added-to-cryptothriftcom-428566

+1.

600 people have voted so far. Your votes will make a difference Smiley
legendary
legendary
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Did the giveawaythread just close ??

Are we on bter now??
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
DigiByte Lottery

Welcome to the first ever DigiByte Digi-Lottery.

Tickets sold: 59
Tickets left: 91
Here is your chance to win up to 300000 DGB if all tickets are sold.

Prizes!
1st price - 50% of the prize pool (300,000 DGB if all tickets are sold)
2st price - 25% of the prize pool (150,000 DGB if all tickets are sold)
3rd price - 10% of the prize pool (60,000  DGB if all tickets are sold)

How will the lottery be done

• A dedicated new account/wallet will be used for this purpose only. Payment for tickets and winnings will be paid from same wallet.
• When 150 tickets are sold I will take the amount of tickets and correspond them with the paymentaddress used.
• If less than 150 tickets have been sold within 7 days, the lottery will start regardless.
• I will use a randomizer from 1 to a 150 (if the number of tickets sold are less than a hundred, say 64, then the randomizer will be set to draw from 1 to 64 and so on).
• Each ticket will cost 4000 DGB. Pay to this address DEB9iMJzdkFa8FWsRVabzUzuJLfaEVk746
• Notify your payment and number of tickets at this thread ➜ https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-423204

Lottery drawing will take place on Sunday the 26th or when all tickets are sold out.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Edit: The dev Mr. DigiByte has agreed to draw first prize. I will send the info to him before he draws it. Completely transparent and now with the participation of the devs.
Edit: Raised 2.Prize from 20% to 25% due to feedback, hope that will make most of you happy.  Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley
Edit: One guy was wondering if he could still buy tickets, and yes, you may still buy tickets up until I announce on the lottery thread on Sunday that it will be closing soon.
legendary
legendary
We have ordered a new server today! pickaxe will return soon Tongue
Glad to here that!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0