Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 445. (Read 3058816 times)

legendary
Activity: 1570
Merit: 1041
Does anyone know when the fix for the Chrome wallet extension will be finished?  Mine's been broken for almost a week now.
Activity: 469
Merit: 260

2) Each algo has a block timing of 1 min 15 seconds. Microsoft research showed on the BTC network it takes an average of 6.5 seconds for 50% of nodes to receive a new block. 95% in 40 seconds with a mean of 12 seconds. So our 1 min 15 second individual algo block time is well within this time frame.

Why does individual algo block time matter here? It doesn't!
DGB block time is 15 secs, right?

I'd like to stop the bullshitting and fudding in favor of discussing about the facts. Anyone? Smiley

Besides that - i like DGB. It's great for trading, good pump cycle, awesome marketing.
15 seconds is not set in stone as the DigiByte block time. It is made up from 5 algorithms each with averaged block time of 75s. So the averaged time for the whole of Digibyte is a block being found every 15s. You cannot debunk JCs basic math problem but you can say there are variables that come into play that are more than likely going to defeat it because it is a future problem for DigiByte that he is asking you to solve with today’s tools, where nothing on the network is capable of verifying the transactions fast enough. I don’t think this is actually true today and it will be even less so in the future. This is why he wants to stick us to an imaginary constant flow of 43 second transactions but think about what that actually means. It means we would be running at full capacity constantly where nothing had a chance to catch up, it’s just ridiculous really and we would be competing with VISA today. 
How fast is DGB transaction from one wallet to another?
testing send 100.000 dgb to my wallet, on 10 sec tx can see on pending tx, less than a minute,  all tx already confirmation
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

2) Each algo has a block timing of 1 min 15 seconds. Microsoft research showed on the BTC network it takes an average of 6.5 seconds for 50% of nodes to receive a new block. 95% in 40 seconds with a mean of 12 seconds. So our 1 min 15 second individual algo block time is well within this time frame.

I'd like to stop the bullshitting and fudding in favor of discussing about the facts. Anyone? Smiley

Besides that - i like DGB. It's great for trading, good pump cycle, awesome marketing.
15 seconds is not set in stone as the DigiByte block time. It is made up from 5 algorithms each with averaged block time of 75s. So the averaged time for the whole of Digibyte is a block being found every 15s. You cannot debunk JCs basic math problem but you can say there are variables that come into play that are more than likely going to defeat it because it is a future problem for DigiByte that he is asking you to solve with today’s tools, where nothing on the network is capable of verifying the transactions fast enough. I don’t think this is actually true today and it will be even less so in the future. This is why he wants to stick us to an imaginary constant flow of 43 second transactions but think about what that actually means. It means we would be running at full capacity constantly where nothing had a chance to catch up, it’s just ridiculous really and we would be competing with VISA today.  

Thanks for the reply. Smiley

I think his initial point was that DGB isn't as scalable as it claims it is (today). So yes, it seems he is technically right here (today). Wink
There is only one way to prove that and that is by breaking it today but that would be pointless and very expensive and DigiByte would not fall down unless you were able to continuously maintain the stress at which point we would have to admit that it wasn't as scalable as presently programmed, if it did fall over. But then we would change the code and move on. The scalability of DigiByte is layed out in a 20 year plan, we are expecting much to change in this time. So DigiByte is as scalable as described!

I guess we could argue whether a product is scalable if you have to alter it to be scalable or not, but i agree that it's no big deal to alter it. Cheesy
Hardware technology is not stagnant; it’s advancing all the time as you probably know, strongly linked to moore’s law. I expect it to outpace demand for DigiByte to alter to cope with this particular scenario if it has not already but I have no crystal ball. DigiByte has a road map towards specific targets that will eventually supersede VISA capabilities and beyond. These targets have not just been plucked out of thin air but calculated/estimated(bit of both) to keep DigiByte at the cutting edge of what is achievable using this technology but what is the point of software if you can’t alter it when you need to?   
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Activity: 840
Merit: 500

I think his initial point was that DGB isn't as scalable as it claims it is (today). So yes, it seems he is technically right here (today). Wink
There is only one way to prove that and that is by breaking it today but that would be pointless and very expensive and DigiByte would not fall down unless you were able to continuously maintain the stress at which point we would have to admit that it wasn't as scalable as presently programmed, if it did fall over. But then we would change the code and move on. The scalability of DigiByte is layed out in a 20 year plan, we are expecting much to change in this time. So DigiByte is as scalable as described!

I guess we could argue whether a product is scalable if you have to alter it to be scalable or not, but i agree that it's no big deal to alter it. Cheesy
Activity: 346
Merit: 250

Well, I guess it depends. For example how many average transactions do you need to get an average block size of roughly 1GB? Or the other way round, would the amount of average TX DGB claims to scale up to grow the block size to an amount that can't be processed in that 15s time frame? DGB didn't claims it would handle any filled with rubbish blocks made up to attack the network, although it should claim it handles without breaking down.
Then there is the assumption that nodes go completely haywire if they don't validate blocks in time. Now by logic they would indeed start to lag behind and get unsynchronized with the network. But they normally won't shatter the network, else every node experiencing network troubles, having to sync up after a downtime or run on a RaspPi with a bad day would say farewell mainbranch and walk off on their own every time. A question remains: How good are block generating/mining nodes at noticing they lag behind and are invalid blocks securely being orphaned in such a scenario?

Quite a bit surprising was DigiBytes answer that each algo has 75s time to get settled between blocks, though. How does that work? Something like each algo running its own mini-blockchain tied together I don't know how to form the full chain? Or am I mistaken that on normal blockchains blocks refer to the one in front and if DGB didn't change that all miners on all algos would have to update their hashing job every time a new block gets mined regardless of which algo it was mined on?
legendary

I can’t answer this definitively but fast enough to buy coffee with.   
legendary

Activity: 659
Zepher is scammer!:)

legendary

Why are you still here if the only thing you want to do is FUD on DGB?
There's a lot of other thread that might be interested in your comments.
i'm waiting john-connor crash DGB lolll
You are wasting everyone else’s time as well as your own because that isn’t going to happen.
legendary

Activity: 286
Merit: 100
in LTC i trust

i think that the future of digibyte is dead now...

2 years later and you're still saying the same BS. 85 posts all on DGB thread, try to convince people you're not a troll. You're lack of logic and the amount of FUD you're throwing at DGB make it clear that you're not trustworthy.
don't hate me but admit that this reward is a little script like import feedback or rating...it's a joke... ask in polo what peaple think about DGB and why they dont buy... they laugh about buy wall... everybody see the same. i was on DGB from the beginning... BUT LIKE A BAD LOVE I FINALY OPEN MY EYES... AND one day you will to. MAYBE it's to early for you...

if you're here from the beginning, 50sats is a really good price for you to get out of this community since you're only intention are to destroy it. You don't have any credibility.
it seem you don't understand what i talked about... or only to avoid to talk about this and scare who no understand how it work....
Activity: 157
I think you guys should feel honored that DigiByte is still looking at this shithole called Bitcointalk. Because that's what it is: a shithole.
Only FUD, trolling, etc.

DGB is on a way other level than you.

And don't believe that nutjob of a Vanillacoin dev. If he can't win it with normal arguments, he just straight up blocks you. Been following VNL/XVC since the start and it's always something with that guy.
Always responding very agressive when he's wrong.

Lets just try and be polite here.
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

2 years later and you're still saying the same BS. 85 posts all on DGB thread, try to convince people you're not a troll. You're lack of logic and the amount of FUD you're throwing at DGB make it clear that you're not trustworthy.
don't hate me but admit that this reward is a little script like import feedback or rating...it's a joke... ask in polo what peaple think about DGB and why they dont buy... they laugh about buy wall... everybody see the same. i was on DGB from the beginning... BUT LIKE A BAD LOVE I FINALY OPEN MY EYES... AND one day you will to. MAYBE it's to early for you...

if you're here from the beginning, 50sats is a really good price for you to get out of this community since you're only intention are to destroy it. You don't have any credibility.
Activity: 469
Merit: 260

You are hypocrite, every words always different. posting bullshit for increase activity?
Activity: 351
Merit: 250

If you don't like dgb , then dump your coins and move on.
if your in here long then @ 50 sat u must be able to get your investment out of it.

Activity: 286
in LTC i trust

legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

Jump to: