Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 687. (Read 3058816 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
How do you know it won't work out as originally advertised by Jared?

Why would I believe that a premined, instamined copy of Myriad has the ability to solve the scalability issue of Bitcoin? Bitcoin, all those other altcoins can't, but this premined, instamined, unoriginal coin can? Give me a break, please... And it's already been delayed. No real details explaining how it will work. Give me a break.
We have played nicely with you myriadcoin and you have made your case, now go away and stop trolling in our thread. By all means come back next year if we don't have DigiSpeed, then gloat!
Until then you are not welcome here!
Activity: 209
Merit: 100

Why would I believe that a premined, instamined copy of Myriad has the ability to solve the scalability issue of Bitcoin? Bitcoin, all those other altcoins can't, but this premined, instamined, unoriginal coin can? Give me a break, please... And it's already been delayed. No real details explaining how it will work. Give me a break.
legendary
How is MyriaSpeed coming along?

There is no MyriaSpeed. Myriad never made any false promises. I guess you're talking about DigiSpeed, that thing that doesn't exist and got delayed and frankly sounds like a scam to me lol. What are you going to do about your orphan rates? How will you convince enough people to run nodes?

Jared is getting used to being accused of scamming. Funny how nobody apologizes when they are proved to be wrong!
Activity: 637
Merit: 500

There is no MyriaSpeed. Myriad never made any false promises. I guess you're talking about DigiSpeed, that thing that doesn't exist and got delayed and frankly sounds like a scam to me lol. What are you going to do about your orphan rates? How will you convince enough people to run nodes?

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Better turn in your fan cap for dgb instead 😝
Activity: 658
Everyone just keep calm and digi on

legendary
^^^

I'm kind of surprised how well DGB has held it's value after the big pump. I was expecting it to drop much lower than it is currently trading at.

Color me surprised aswell. Fine for me though. Can't wait for DigiSpeed!

DigiSpeed will be huge, no other altcoin can match Visas transactions per second.  Smiley

The question is: Can we really match it. If we can DigiByte would explode me reckons.
Today, I asked Jared personally, are we in the ball park with matching Visa transaction capability with Digispeed and his answer was a resounding YES, he also said that testing was going extremely well so far, without issue were his exact words! The team are working hard to cover all the bases that need to be covered with the hard folk which will take place a couple of weeks after the release of the new wallet, in preparation for it. After this, further additional improvements are planned with soft folk upgrades spanning into next year before we will be able to fully appreciate the real capabilities. The future is indeed looking bright with DigiByte and I feel the word 'DigiByte' itself will become synonymous with what crypto ‘does’ because it looks very much like DigiByte is going do it all!    Cool

Activity: 622
Merit: 504
Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

Come on, you can't tell me this isn't intentionally deceptive language. It is lying by omission.

Come on, "intentions" are a difficult thing to prove. we can't prove or tell it isn't, neither can you prove or tell us it is intentionally deceptive language.
since you raised the argument, show us proof Digibyte isn't the 1st coin to fork to multi-algo. show us some other coin that was 1st.
Guess he can't sell a dead coin..

1st coin to fork to multi-algorithm mining (Most fair distribution).
It says first coin to fork which is the truth, Myraid was launched with multi-algorithm?

Come on, you can't tell me this isn't intentionally deceptive language. It is lying by omission.

I can't tell you that it's up to Jared, he will know if myraid deserves to be mentioned in that statement.
Stop whining and dump your myriad already and buy Digibyte
legendary
They made a bad mistake merge mining, it turned their coin into a bonus coin.

While most of the merge miners are not Myriad investors and are selling their coins on exchanges, the original sha and scrypt miners are now earning less Myriad directly, and having to buy more Myriad on exchanges. In effect it changed nothing, except increasing Myriad's hash rate on those two algos so that it is now higher than DigiByte's on average, even though DigiByte's market cap is over 40x Myriad's. Also, Myriad is not merge mined on skein, qubit, or groestl.

While your last point is true it's your developers that sold out and helped dgb implement multi algo. No point complaining here your devs wanted to make quick btc . The only people to blame for myraids performance is the devs.

This is not true. There is only one official dev of Myriad, 8bitcoder. Every one else who has contributed is not part of any 'team'. There was never any team. Anyone can contribute. The last update was primarily written by a community member. 8bitcoder did not help implement multi-algo in DigiByte.

It says first coin to fork which is the truth, Myraid was launched with multi-algorithm?

While most of the merge miners are not Myriad investors and are selling their coins on exchanges, the original sha and scrypt miners are now earning less Myriad directly, and having to buy more Myriad on exchanges. In effect it changed nothing, except increasing Myriad's hash rate on those two algos so that it is now higher than DigiByte's on average, even though DigiByte's market cap is over 40x Myriad's. Also, Myriad is not merge mined on skein, qubit, or groestl.

While your last point is true it's your developers that sold out and helped dgb implement multi algo. No point complaining here your devs wanted to make quick btc . The only people to blame for myraids performance is the devs.

This is not true. There is only one official dev of Myriad, 8bitcoder. Every one else who has contributed is not part of any 'team'. There was never any team. Anyone can contribute. The last update was primarily written by a community member. 8bitcoder did not help implement multi-algo in DigiByte.

legendary

Why use DigiByte?

Although we all know this is written in a misleading way, as Myriad has had the same multi-algorithm system since 2014/02/23.

DigiByte is guilty of thinking Myriad was doing something useful and forked to multi algorithm. DigiByte evolves, that's what happens when you have a dedicated development team.
Activity: 622
Merit: 504
Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

Why use DigiByte?

Although we all know this is written in a misleading way, as Myriad has had the same multi-algorithm system since 2014/02/23.

i was gonna say this. but glad you did it.
SOOOOOooooo....there you go folks. enough said.

Why use DigiByte?

I might be, but I'm speaking the truth. Digibyte is an instamined copy of Myriad, with a premine.

Show me proofs of what you are saying or get lost  Smiley

Happy to.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140208031117/https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.0

Coin Facts:

21 Billion Total Coins
    60 Second Block Target
    1st 3 days reward will be 16,000 per block
    Then 8,000 DGB Per Block, Reward Halves Every 2 Years
    0.5 % Pre-Mine (105 Million) Note: We are effectively now a .25% premine as over half has been given away.

So 105 million were premined, as well as an additional 34,560,00 instamined on the first 3 days. Then the coin emission was 8000DGB per 60s and was intended to be this way for 2 years.

174 million 120 thousand Digibytes were mined in the first 3 days
588 million 884 thousand DigiBytes were mined in the first 39 days all on Scrypt algo

However, this was changed with a hard fork on 2014/02/28, when inflation started reducing 0.5% every week.

Just over 6 months later, on 2014/10/1,  Digibyte hard-forked to multi-PoW. As they say on the ANN page:

Why use DigiByte?

Who else has been tempted to sell with these rising btc prices? I have to slap my hand away from the keyboard. Short term temptation is a killer  Grin. Very impressed the price has remained this high for so long and with a increase in btc price.
well i'm happy to buy your dgb if you're gonna sell them

You got 253.47 btc? Wink
legendary
Maybe I just actually care about the multi-PoW concept, and want to see it succeed. I don't believe Digibyte has long term potential as a serious currency, because it is premined and instamined. To me there's no other choice than Myriad at the time of this post.

Based only on your username, I'm not surprised that you support myriad.

Just to clarify, there was a small premine - it was used at the beginning to encourage adoption. Well before the fork to multi-algorithm mining. Today, much of the giveaways has been taken over by the DGB community generally, for instance our work with the DigiByte Group, and 24's sponsorship of DGB gaming through the house of blue jeans.

As Jumbley pointed out - your instamine argument is silly.

And, the DGB community is full of support for multi-algorithm POW mining. Some of the strongest arguments I've seen in favor of it come from our community.

Myriad isn't a bad project. I don't know of a single person in the DGB community who has ever said anything bad about it - so, mostly I'm confused about why you seem to want to pick a fight.  

Well now that I've read the post above I guess I have to edit here. ... Before you picked a fight nobody here ever said anything bad about myriad.
Jump to: