Author

Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit - page 881. (Read 3058816 times)

legendary
Activity: 1477
Merit: 1176
Please could members of the DigiByte community write individual brief statements about how they feel the first year of DGB went.  Also, please include your favourite moment and what you anticipate in the future.  These statements will go into the book.

Support at DGB address: DMfRwtmM9sF7TTqHUiazrjN3i8xTv28cCN
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051
Official DigiByte Account
How can we improve this basic description of DigiByte multi-algorithm mining?

DigiByte uses five independent mining algorithms to process transactions over the network. Each algorithm accounts for about 20% of all blocks discovered on the network. This allows for greater decentralization as currently three of the five DigiByte algorithms are ASIC resistant and much better for GPU miners. The best GPU algorithms to mine on are Skein, Groestl and Qubit. It is still possible (but not recommended) to mine all five algorithms with a CPU.

SHA256 is heavily dominated by used Bitcoin ASICS as DigiByte provides an attractive market to miners who can no longer competitively mine Bitcoin with their used ASICS.  Scrypt is now becoming more dominated by ASICs, however it is still possible to GPU mine a few DigiBytes each day.
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Community Liaison,How can i help you?
Anyone joining us for the first time?

'Conversation for a rainy day' or any other time, please register here on our new forum.
http://www.digibyteforum.com/index.php
is that forum official?
Yes, Jared also placed a link on the right top of the www.digibyte.co homepage.
Dennahz is the creator.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029

'Conversation for a rainy day' or any other time, please register here on our new forum.
is that forum official?
legendary
oil,water,seeds,gold and digibyte is the only real value. Monetary system is already half collapsed.
legendary
How do we market this? Is there a way to get this on CoinDesk and spread the word?

YC

Can someone explain to me what a node is?  Are these actual miners?  Thanks

WOW! so beautiful Smiley

I think I can see my wallet Cheesy
Well actually it says that there is 87 nodes in Greece but in the map Greece is empty...

Maybe that's because Greeks don't have money anymore and all the wallets are empty... Roll Eyes

I am a Greek. My physical wallet is empty but my qt wallet full of digis Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
How do we market this? Is there a way to get this on CoinDesk and spread the word?

YC

It's on the same page but here we go again.  Grin
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-nodes-need/
Activity: 32
Merit: 0

YC

WOW! so beautiful Smiley

Well actually it says that there is 87 nodes in Greece but in the map Greece is empty...

Maybe that's because Greeks don't have money anymore and all the wallets are empty... Roll Eyes
legendary

YC

WOW! so beautiful Smiley

Activity: 421
legendary

YC

Can someone explain to me what a node is?  Are these actual miners?  Thanks
Is wallets that are online with the full blockchain loaded.. like qt wallet.
Activity: 266
DigiByte? Yes!

Basically, a node is an open wallet (Most likely a core wallet with the whole blockchain downloaded) which on the network (internet) and is communicating with other nodes.
Activity: 147
Merit: 100

YC

legendary
legendary
I don't node but I would be linking there digibyte articles in my posts, when they published them.  Wink

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-nodes-need/
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

YC

legendary

legendary

haha love that.

Seems we have capped out at 3351 nodes. Hopefuly that metric validates why we are nearly on page 1000 of this thread.

Interesting having a picture we can show when we claim that Digibyte is a global payment network.

cap? why is there a cap?
There is no cap, we have just topped out for now.

oh...so my next question is this: what happens when Digibyte has more nodes than Bitcoin? or is that possible? XD
I' d say it was more than possible inevitable even. We just grow and grow as the world joins in.
Jump to: