Pages:
Author

Topic: Digitalcoin Dev ROBBED! - page 9. (Read 25999 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
April 12, 2014, 05:33:16 PM
.... I have over 100k myself, most which I bought at 3000 satoshis before the price rise to 60000 satoshi last fall. It's nothing, if you were a Bitcoin and Litecoin early adopter.

BS. Why do you have to lie so hard? The lowest DGC was EVER TRADED in history is 3,000 Satoshi on 11/18/13 probably a few minutes or low volume not even 100k in DGC. Chances of you being the person who bought them at that price are almost certainly zero. Why the F do you brag about something you actually have not done?

Its funny that you act all HUMBLE too, saying "It's nothing" [for you], [no big deal] like that 70 BTC you "almost" had for a few minutes on Dec 15th, 2013,  is NOTHING to you.

I bet the greedy you didnt even cash out.

This kind of bragging language with a mountain of BS behind it seriously bugs me on this forum.

Activity: 92
Merit: 10
April 12, 2014, 05:19:09 PM
Ad hominem attacks are the only way to deal with trolls who spread confusion and nothing else. The damage you speak of is free promotion. Most new users didn't even know about DGC a month ago because DGC has been terrible on marketing. I judge the dev not by what a known computer hacker claims
(who has been derailing market prices since the first Litecoin crash, for which he is responsible by threatening to 51% Ltc in summer 2012 and DDOSing major pools and services) but by what I can see the dev has actually done for the currency. Solid work and constant improvements.

Fine, he "stole his own coins". Believe it and be happy. Meanwhile, in DGC land people are actually working on improving the coin.

I respectfully disagree. Ad hominem attacks are a logical fallacy and are usually pulled out in order to discredit someones character while not addressing the real issue.

I really fail to see how this 'free promotion' is anything but negative in terms of Digitalcoin. How many people, who didn't previously know about Digitalcoin, do you honestly think will read this thread and think, "there is a good looking, positive, drama and rumor free coin to invest in"?

Your comment about judging the dev is precisely my point as you simply go on to discredit BCX's character in order to invalidate his valid questions.

As you might notice I did say that I believe Baritus. So it logically follows I don't think he 'stole his own coins'.

I would actually like DGC to do well, for the dedicated DGC community and for my own personal benefit as a holder. But I have come to a point where I have bitten my own lip for long enough and think enough is enough and this issue should once and for all be put to rest. I am not attacking Baritus' character or defending BCX's character.

My point is, address the issue, give BCX and others what they want as they are really not asking for much and lets let this thread slip into history! Simple.

Or... Continue with this stubborn refusal to not post the addresses and let BCX cause even more damage in one way or another. I sure as hell know what I would choose if I was Baritus.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
April 12, 2014, 04:48:12 PM
Ad hominem attacks are the only way to deal with trolls who spread confusion and nothing else. The damage you speak of is free promotion. Most new users didn't even know about DGC a month ago because DGC has been terrible on marketing. I judge the dev not by what a known computer hacker claims
(who has been derailing market prices since the first Litecoin crash, for which he is responsible by threatening to 51% Ltc in summer 2012 and DDOSing major pools and services) but by what I can see the dev has actually done for the currency. Solid work and constant improvements.

Fine, he "stole his own coins". Believe it and be happy. Meanwhile, in DGC land people are actually working on improving the coin.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
April 12, 2014, 04:35:31 PM

This isn't going to stop till Baritus does one of two things.

1) Post the address of the "stolen" wallets himself, that's all it takes and nothing more.

2) Publicly admits he sold the coins

I have to agree with BCX on this one (which is rare Cheesy).

I am a long time supporter of DGC and hold a fair chunk.

In the interest of those who have invested in Digitalcoin why not just resolve this once and for all. I don't even care if Baritus sold the coins to be honest, if they were his he can do what he wants with them as far as I am concerned. The longer this goes on the more the reputation of Digitalcoin gets damaged.

If the coins were stolen, post the address. If not admit you sold the coins (everyone needs cash now and then - nothing wrong with that). End of story, and we can all move on.

Secondly, I hate to say it but, the level of personal attacks on BCX does not reflect well on Digitalcoin supporters. Ad hominem attacks on BCX really show there is no sound argument for not disclosing the addresses which is all BCX is asking.

It would take Baritus all of a few minutes to post those addresses.

The question is this: Does the arguably severe level of damage this is doing to Digitalcoin not warrant Baritus spending 5 minutes to come and address this issue once and for all?  I can find no reason why Baritus or someone else in the know will not do this, even if it is public information, not everyone is a block chain detective!

Lastly, I actually believe Baritus is telling the truth, which makes it even harder for me to understand why he won't personally post the adresses.
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
April 12, 2014, 02:45:22 PM
There are two separate things that happened here, so better don't mix them up.

1 - Dev was robbed and this incident is unrelated to CrptoAve and happened much earlier.

2 - CryptoAve was attacked and shutdown before users' funds were compromised. All users received back their deposits. CryptoAve will be reopened soon.

1) Dev wasn't robbed he sold them for about $30,000 but couldn't very well admit to it because he was soliciting investors at the same time, hence the "mysterious employee stole them" line of bs. You're setting up the stage to admit that here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6187281

2) That story changes every time you post it. First it was just a few that compromised, then none. If you will look at your post above it makes no sense. If the exchange was shutdown prior to any funds being compromised, then why did they have to "receive their funds back".

Oh I am so looking forward to CryptoAve reopening as I have a special reopening celebration planned. I called in a few favors from some top notch "security testers" and it better be rock solid, maybe even Realsolid LOL....

This isn't going to stop till Baritus does one of two things.

1) Post the address of the "stolen" wallets himself, that's all it takes and nothing more.

2) Publicly admits he sold the coins

There's a reason he won't post them himself because he knows I can track them right to him and this way he can always deny any wallet identified as the "stolen" ones, are not them.

Maybe I should start turning up the heat on everything Baritus related.

~BCX~

Maybe you should go fuck yourself.
Activity: 434
April 12, 2014, 01:13:22 PM
LoL @ 500k of supposedly fair coin.

There are roughly 144 million DigitalCoins in the future, about ten % of them are mined now.

500k is a lot, but DGC is known for a 100% fair start, no instamine, and no premine. If he owned 500k, he bought most of them. It isn't hard to have so many coins. I have over 100k myself, most which I bought at 3000 satoshis before the price rise to 60000 satoshi last fall. It's nothing, if you were a Bitcoin and Litecoin early adopter. Heck, you can buy tens of thousands of DGC right now at almost the same cheap price that I bought at last year.

Yeah right. Thats why he created more coins.. To buy them. Yeah right.

Btw it was not fair start, and I know, because I mined them. There was period of flash mine or whatever u want to call it.
legendary
April 12, 2014, 11:57:03 AM

There are roughly 144 million DigitalCoins in the future, about ten % of them are mined now.

500k is a lot, but DGC is known for a 100% fair start, no instamine, and no premine. If he owned 500k, he bought most of them. It isn't hard to have so many coins. I have over 100k myself, most which I bought at 3000 satoshis before the price rise to 60000 satoshi last fall. It's nothing, if you were a Bitcoin and Litecoin early adopter. Heck, you can buy tens of thousands of DGC right now at almost the same cheap price that I bought at last year.
Activity: 434
April 12, 2014, 11:31:20 AM
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
April 12, 2014, 11:17:51 AM
Hahah this thread is comedy gold. So much desperate FUD from BCX and his sockpuppets. Anyone that thinks this thread made dgc drop down is living on fantasy island. "Dee plaaane!, deee plaaane!"  Grin

@ BCX - Nice desperate revive of a dead and buried thread. Obviously it must have come around again on your bi-monthly checklist of shitstirring and FUD threads.

BCX is like an annoying chihuahua that just won't shutup. A stupid and annoying useless mut that people laugh at because they look and sound so ridiculous. Basically all hot air and bravado until they eventually push things too far, meet a bigger dog and get eaten...

@ Mudda fudda - For a start learn how to spell its Baritus not "Bartius". The logical explanation is the heartbleed bug when it fits the method used to gain partial data from CAVe which could have only been via an SSL exploit. Trust level -4 eh, I guess we better take your FUD seriously!  Cheesy

@ Beef Supreme - DGC turning toxic? I guess all alts and even Bitcoin must be toxic seeing as they are all down. Wonderful logic there. Genius actually!

@ Hilux74 - Baritus doesn't need to 'ripoff' anyones code. You don't think a guy that can code an exchange from the ground up and dev multiple coins is capable of writing his own new algorithm?

I'll be holding my dgc along with my btc, ppc and other alts that are in my portfolio. Those communities will show the FUD merchants that actions speak louder than words..

every single thing you just said is 100% pure bullshit and it would take me ages to address it all you spouted off so much dumb crap lol

give the FUD stuff a rest its old and so 2013.. facts are facts.

BCX always make logical rational comments that make sense to me.. and you wouldn't be so desperate to discredit and attack him unless this wasn't the case i think.
Baritus coidng a web site has nothing to do with putting coins out.. web design is a tad different to say the least lol
And Baritus claiming to be a great coder ? Well no offense to him but i see stuff like Securecoin.. i guess he borrowed some Quark code and is giving it back later ? lol
A fishy story is a fishy story..

Hahah oh puleeeease thats a bit rich coming from an A class bullshitter like yourself. How many times and forums have you been banned from again? BCX  and logical , rational don't go together in the same sentence.  Cheesy Grin.

Do you have even the slightest clue how difficult it is to program an exchange like CAVe from the ground up yourself?? We are talking thousands of lines of code, testing etc you goose. I'm pretty sure given this ability he can most likely develop code and algorithms for his altcoins as well. You might want to check some facts before talking complete horseshit.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
April 12, 2014, 10:46:59 AM
Hahah this thread is comedy gold. So much desperate FUD from BCX and his sockpuppets. Anyone that thinks this thread made dgc drop down is living on fantasy island. "Dee plaaane!, deee plaaane!"  Grin

@ BCX - Nice desperate revive of a dead and buried thread. Obviously it must have come around again on your bi-monthly checklist of shitstirring and FUD threads.

BCX is like an annoying chihuahua that just won't shutup. A stupid and annoying useless mut that people laugh at because they look and sound so ridiculous. Basically all hot air and bravado until they eventually push things too far, meet a bigger dog and get eaten...

@ Mudda fudda - For a start learn how to spell its Baritus not "Bartius". The logical explanation is the heartbleed bug when it fits the method used to gain partial data from CAVe which could have only been via an SSL exploit. Trust level -4 eh, I guess we better take your FUD seriously!  Cheesy

@ Beef Supreme - DGC turning toxic? I guess all alts and even Bitcoin must be toxic seeing as they are all down. Wonderful logic there. Genius actually!

@ Hilux74 - Baritus doesn't need to 'ripoff' anyones code. You don't think a guy that can code an exchange from the ground up and dev multiple coins is capable of writing his own new algorithm?

I'll be holding my dgc along with my btc, ppc and other alts that are in my portfolio. Those communities will show the FUD merchants that actions speak louder than words..

every single thing you just said is 100% pure bullshit and it would take me ages to address it all you spouted off so much dumb crap lol

give the FUD stuff a rest its old and so 2013.. facts are facts.

BCX always make logical rational comments that make sense to me.. and you wouldn't be so desperate to discredit and attack him unless this wasn't the case i think.
Baritus coidng a web site has nothing to do with putting coins out.. web design is a tad different to say the least lol
And Baritus claiming to be a great coder ? Well no offense to him but i see stuff like Securecoin.. i guess he borrowed some Quark code and is giving it back later ? lol
A fishy story is a fishy story..
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Put your trust in MATH.
April 12, 2014, 10:12:26 AM
What is toxic in your portfolio is not the same as what is toxic in mine.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
April 12, 2014, 09:50:11 AM

legendary
April 11, 2014, 07:41:09 PM
Best to stay in DGC.  Once Baritus finishes ripping off, renaming and taking credit for someones else's anti-multipool code for v2.0 it is going up up up!   Roll Eyes

I knew you'd come around eventually  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000
April 11, 2014, 07:27:42 PM
Best to stay in DGC.  Once Baritus finishes ripping off, renaming and taking credit for someones else's anti-multipool code for v2.0 it is going up up up!   Roll Eyes
Put your trust in MATH.
April 11, 2014, 07:22:50 PM
Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.
legendary
April 11, 2014, 07:18:32 PM

1 - Dev was robbed and this incident is unrelated to CrptoAve and happened much earlier.

2 - CryptoAve was attacked and shutdown before users' funds were compromised. All users received back their deposits. CryptoAve will be reopened soon.

Much of this thread is FUD. DigitalCoin price lost value because tens of thousands of DGC were sold on the market at market price, repeatedly. Even if Dev should have sold his own coins it would A- be the dumbest thing to do after one year of persistent and now continued work on the coin, selling at the worst possible time ever, and B- would be a redistribution of coins cheaply from the single largest holder of DGC. It would mean Dev loses out on a much larger sum in the future.

On top, we have seen Bitcoin go from over $ 1000 to under $ 400 in a matter of weeks. This has an effect on all altcoins because most coins are bought and sold mainly by buying/selling Bitcoins for fiat money.

More on the heartbleed connection and the CryptoAve hack attempt:

http://digitalcoin.co/forums/index.php/topic,1010.msg7019.html#new

To panic sellers. Watch and learn. DGC will lift off again in the future. Dev is doing the right thing. CryptoAve will reopen very soon.

I didn't panic so much as I became disinterested in Alt coins in general.

I got rid of my LTC after a short stint because there is no point in LTC.  If I want real value, I will go with BTC.  If I want speed, popularity, big-market, and a high-liquidity coin then DOGE beats LTC handily.  Even the LTC developer wants to join forces with DOGE.

The alt coin herd is thinning, and DGC is losing.  Too bad really, I thought it was well developed.

Coblee wanting to join forces with Doge is a sign of desperation really. In the past coins that were merge mined with Bitcoin didn't do well at all, look at Namecoin today. It precisely lost its value due to the fact it is merge mined. So, it could also be a trick to keep Doge in check. I wouldn't put my money on Litecoin nor Dogecoin though. There isn't a lot of potential for huge gains in Litecoin anymore, nor do we see service development for it, and Doge is simply a Meme pump and dump with an IBM developer in the back who got lucky. Pass.
legendary
April 11, 2014, 06:35:22 PM
The alt coin herd is thinning, and DGC is losing.  Too bad really, I thought it was well developed.

Well I'll be holding on to mine all the same.
Put your trust in MATH.
April 11, 2014, 06:22:28 PM

Much of this thread is FUD. DigitalCoin price lost value because tens of thousands of DGC were sold on the market at market price, repeatedly. Even if Dev should have sold his own coins it would A- be the dumbest thing to do after one year of persistent and now continued work on the coin, selling at the worst possible time ever, and B- would be a redistribution of coins cheaply from the single largest holder of DGC. It would mean Dev loses out on a much larger sum in the future.

On top, we have seen Bitcoin go from over $ 1000 to under $ 400 in a matter of weeks. This has an effect on all altcoins because most coins are bought and sold mainly by buying/selling Bitcoins for fiat money.

To panic sellers. Watch and learn. DGC will lift off again in the future. Dev is doing the right thing. CryptoAve will reopen very soon.

I didn't panic so much as I became disinterested in Alt coins in general.

I got rid of my LTC after a short stint because there is no point in LTC.  If I want real value, I will go with BTC.  If I want speed, popularity, big-market, and a high-liquidity coin then DOGE beats LTC handily.  Even the LTC developer wants to join forces with DOGE.

The alt coin herd is thinning, and DGC is losing.  Too bad really, I thought it was well developed.

legendary
April 11, 2014, 04:27:39 PM

Put your trust in MATH.
April 11, 2014, 01:36:33 PM
This thread, and resulting crash, moved me to unload my DigitalCoin completely.

If it ain't BTC or DOGE, then I ain't interested.

You must be subnormal if you think this thread caused anything to do anything.

Yeah thats it.  Abby Normal, that's me.

This asset was turning toxic, and it lost 75% value in like a month.

Pages:
Jump to: