Pages:
Author

Topic: Discussion about 10,000BTC Bet (Official) - page 16. (Read 104454 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 251
September 09, 2012, 01:04:39 PM
Lesson to all ----  ESCROW with people who can't be trusted on their word !!!!

FTFY

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
September 09, 2012, 01:04:16 PM
Speaking of which, Matthew still appears to be showing up as Hero Member as well as a Scammer. theymos, is it possible to fix that or is it baked into the forum software somehow?

I can't easily remove that without modifying his post count.

Yes, but at least give him the scammer avatar.

What do you mean ? That does not exist.

Activity: 100
Merit: 10
September 09, 2012, 01:03:18 PM
I'm looking forward to see you in London, Matthew.
Lol - I guess a public wedgie would be appropriate. Looking forward to see it live!
Activity: 633
September 09, 2012, 01:00:14 PM
Lesson to all ----  ESCROW!!!!
Activity: 686
Merit: 564
September 09, 2012, 12:57:35 PM
Ah, OK. Oh well.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
September 09, 2012, 12:53:35 PM
Speaking of which, Matthew still appears to be showing up as Hero Member as well as a Scammer. theymos, is it possible to fix that or is it baked into the forum software somehow?

Yes, but at least give him the scammer avatar.
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
September 09, 2012, 12:53:13 PM
I'm looking forward to see you in London, Matthew.
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
September 09, 2012, 12:50:39 PM

administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
September 09, 2012, 12:50:09 PM
Please REMOVE him permanently from the staff of this forum.

I did.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Si vis pacem, para bellum
September 09, 2012, 12:49:51 PM
so, did we learn our lesson?

Well I didn't have a bet but I did learn that Matt is immature, irresponsible, and reckless.  I won't be trusting him or any person or company that associates with him.

Not sure if that was the lesson he was trying to teach.

great lesson for the bitcoin community ,even the people who speak publicly to the media to represent bitcoin are scammers

pretty crappy way to exit  from the bitcoin world MNW

at least pirate made a clean exit with a profit of a few million $

MNW is going to be known as a scamming cunt for free ?
September 09, 2012, 12:49:18 PM
Activity: 770
You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB
September 09, 2012, 12:46:49 PM
Matthew committed fraud, plain and simple. While I'm personally only disappointed that I'm not getting 400 BTC, others used this bet as their main method of hedging against Pirate or made other investment decisions based on this bet because they trusted Matthew. Matthew has demonstrated that he is unworthy of anyone's trust.

I guess I was right the first time.
I have no confidence in [Matthew]'s sense of morality, and I will never trade with him.

Aweee. Theymos..

I love you! Cheesy

Its about time people realized how damaging he is to the community, let alone the image he vomits onto bitcoin mag..

Horse is a horse, of course..

Troll scammer is a troll scammer..
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
September 09, 2012, 12:46:43 PM
Honestly, the thing that I'm upset with the most is the way he weaseled out of it. "Pay to that address?" Honestly? I thought Matthew was much more clever than this. I fully didn't expect him to pay, but I at least hoped he would come up with some crazy or at least interesting reason not to. This was just sad. Matthew, I am dissapoint  Tongue
September 09, 2012, 12:45:59 PM
Matthew committed fraud, plain and simple. While I'm personally only disappointed that I'm not getting 400 BTC, others used this bet as their main method of hedging against Pirate or made other investment decisions based on this bet because they trusted Matthew. Matthew has demonstrated that he is unworthy of anyone's trust.

I have no confidence in [Matthew]'s sense of morality, and I will never trade with him.
Quoted for truth. What's more, Matthew not only knowingly accepted bets from people he knew were relying on them to hedge their BS&T investment, but was even specifically advertising that they could be used for that purpose.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
September 09, 2012, 12:42:35 PM
so, did we learn our lesson?

Well I didn't have a bet but I did learn that Matt is immature, irresponsible, and reckless.  I won't be trusting him or any person or company that associates with him.

Not sure if that was the lesson he was trying to teach.
legendary
Activity: 1428
September 09, 2012, 12:39:49 PM

+1

Is he still a staff member?
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
September 09, 2012, 12:39:27 PM

People give pirate 3 weeks to repay money he actually took (and he doesn't) while people give Matthew 3 hours to pay a bet he says he reserved the right to cancel....

People are too gullible. I'm sorry. This is all so silly.

We are supposed to be engaged in a revolution, and it's come to _this_???
You missed the part where he said he wouldn't pay anything. But to http://blockchain.info/address/13dSK4663Ts7j2PwHS1eUVjycKLBwx7PJM
Activity: 700
What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!
September 09, 2012, 12:39:13 PM
Wait, wait!

Is it too late to place a bet?
donator
Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
September 09, 2012, 12:37:50 PM

People give pirate 3 weeks to repay money he actually took (and he doesn't) while people give Matthew 3 hours to pay a bet he says he reserved the right to cancel....

People are too gullible. I'm sorry. This is all so silly.

We are supposed to be engaged in a revolution, and it's come to _this_???

Activity: 275
Merit: 250
September 09, 2012, 12:37:25 PM
So this is the fourth scam this week?  
Pages:
Jump to: