Pages:
Author

Topic: Discussion about 10,000BTC Bet (Official) - page 17. (Read 104454 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I heart thebaron
September 09, 2012, 12:37:04 PM
In all honestty though, I actually feel VIOLATED.

It's as if Matthew reached into my pocket and stole the Bitcoins right out from under me. This couldn't have come at a worse time, as I already spent the Bitcoins that I had planned to win, so in essence, he's not only a Scammer, but also a thief. Matthew stole my bitcoins.

How so did you spend them?

Hookers, Blow....and I invested in another 'Long Term' offer. Unfortunately that offer turned out to be a passthrough to Pirate, so I got duped again !
(I hope you can tell that I am 500% joking about this all....lol)
Activity: 254
September 09, 2012, 12:36:13 PM
The fact that he is associated with that magazine has lost it many potential subscriptions.

Are you kidding ? Who out of the trolls on this forum WOULD have subscribed to news that they all talk about on a daily basis on this forum ?

Bitcoin Magazine is not targeted to bitcointalk.org geeks and trolls. It's target is the REAL WORLD in an attempt to bring more people INTO the Bitcoin environment and introduce them to something new.

Nice try though.
Nice try? I know of about 7 personally. Probably more, but at least 7.

Yup this is spot on. When I first heard about the magazine I thought, "oh, what a great way to introduce people to bitcoin. I'll get 3 subscriptions, put one issue in the waiting area at my business, one at my office, and one on the coffee table at home.  But then I found out Matthew was behind it and changed my mind.  You can ignore people like me if you want, but the fact remains.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1002
September 09, 2012, 12:35:15 PM
Yes. How about a permaban?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 09, 2012, 12:33:42 PM
Matthew committed fraud, plain and simple. While I'm personally only disappointed that I'm not getting 400 BTC, others used this bet as their main method of hedging against Pirate or made other investment decisions based on this bet because they trusted Matthew. Matthew has demonstrated that he is unworthy of anyone's trust.

I guess I was right the first time.
I have no confidence in [Matthew]'s sense of morality, and I will never trade with him.

Please REMOVE him permanently from the staff of this forum.

Edit: He can be viewed as Atlas version #2. LOL
legendary
September 09, 2012, 12:32:26 PM
I can't believe there is actually a discussion about if Matthew did right. This is fraud as open as can be. No judge in the world would stand a second for Matthew. I am a fairly new forum member and I always thought either Matthew is a fraud or totally insane.
He was just backed up by so many other members that seemed to know him and trusted him that I considered he might just now something everybody else doesnt.
People are doing him too good in saying he wanted to teach a lesson. You can say that about every fraud. If I would have taken the bet I would defenitely consider criminal charges!
In general it just confirms that Bitcoin is still some geek thing with lots of premature guys having too much of it and falling for the simplest scams and then not even taking real actions against the fraudsters.
For me big parts of this forums seem a bit like kindergarten. Sorry for that, just some thoughts from an outsider.

At this point yes you are right its immature like kindergarten. We can thank Matthew for bringing that to this forum in such a retarded way.

administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
September 09, 2012, 12:30:57 PM
Matthew committed fraud, plain and simple. While I'm personally only disappointed that I'm not getting 400 BTC, others used this bet as their main method of hedging against Pirate or made other investment decisions based on this bet because they trusted Matthew. Matthew has demonstrated that he is unworthy of anyone's trust.

I guess I was right the first time.
I have no confidence in [Matthew]'s sense of morality, and I will never trade with him.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Bixcoin Superdouche
September 09, 2012, 12:30:22 PM
I can't believe there is actually a discussion about if Matthew did right. This is fraud as open as can be. No judge in the world would stand a second for Matthew. I am a fairly new forum member and I always thought either Matthew is a fraud or totally insane.
He was just backed up by so many other members that seemed to know him and trusted him that I considered he might just now something everybody else doesnt.
People are doing him too good in saying he wanted to teach a lesson. You can say that about every fraud. If I would have taken the bet I would defenitely consider criminal charges!
In general it just confirms that Bitcoin is still some geek thing with lots of premature guys having too much of it and falling for the simplest scams and then not even taking real actions against the fraudsters.
For me big parts of this forums seem a bit like kindergarten. Sorry for that, just some thoughts from an outsider.
donator
Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
September 09, 2012, 12:29:43 PM

It's as if Matthew reached into my pocket and stole the Bitcoins right out from under me. This couldn't have come at a worse time, as I already spent the Bitcoins that I had planned to win, so in essence, he's not only a Scammer, but also a thief. Matthew stole my bitcoins.
Not wise.
legendary
September 09, 2012, 12:29:34 PM
so, did we learn our lesson?

Nope we didn't. His whole "lesson" was pointless. He is a liar, a scammer, and possibly a theif at this point.

Bitcoin Magazine....in my opinion should fire him. Well that might not change much. Being associated with him now will be bad for business with their magazine.
legendary
September 09, 2012, 12:27:55 PM

How so did you spend them?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
September 09, 2012, 12:27:41 PM
so, did we learn our lesson?
I heart thebaron
September 09, 2012, 12:26:30 PM

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
September 09, 2012, 12:24:35 PM
Theymos gave him the tag. I'm sure theymos is not happy, given that he had a bet.

Thanks for me letting me know. You have to unignore him to see it Wink.
I heart thebaron
September 09, 2012, 12:22:40 PM
Matthew N. Wright - Single Handedly responsible for the downfall of Bitcoin Magazine. Thankfully they are only 3 issues deep now and can abandon the venture, as it doesn't have a fighting chance anymore, especially in a crowd as fickle as this one. People here NEVER change their minds, switch sides, have changes of heart and/or opinion on an hourly basis....

WE ARE ALL DOOMED.

Nobody said that except you.  Nobody.

PS. GO PIRATE GO !
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
September 09, 2012, 12:22:30 PM
Who can actually take this guy AND his magazine serious?

First off, IT'S NOT HIS MAGAZINE.

Do you own the company that you work for ? (unless you are self employed that is).
Matthew is an employee of Bitcoin Magazine. HE DOES NOT OWN IT and IT IS NOT HIS.
In the real world following thing happens: if you damage your company's reputation (or could only possibly endager it) you get fired.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
September 09, 2012, 12:21:49 PM
Matthew N. Wright - Single Handedly responsible for the downfall of Bitcoin Magazine. Thankfully they are only 3 issues deep now and can abandon the venture, as it doesn't have a fighting chance anymore, especially in a crowd as fickle as this one. People here NEVER change their minds, switch sides, have changes of heart and/or opinion on an hourly basis....

WE ARE ALL DOOMED.

Nobody said that except you.  Nobody.
legendary
September 09, 2012, 12:21:12 PM

Do you own the company that you work for ? (unless you are self employed that is).
Matthew is an employee of Bitcoin Magazine. HE DOES NOT OWN IT and IT IS NOT HIS.

Matt is not merely an employee (like the part time janitor) of the Bitcoin Magazine.   Given the magazine is a startup and Matt was there from the begining it is highly unlikely he doesn't have an equity stake.  Thus if the magazine profits, he profits.  If the magazine goes bankrupt his equity (and thus time and effort promoting it) is worthless.

Well based on his supposed actions to just troll...thus far...no one is going to want to do business with him here again.
Activity: 336
September 09, 2012, 12:21:03 PM
Theymos gave him the tag. I'm sure theymos is not happy, given that he had a bet.
I heart thebaron
September 09, 2012, 12:20:33 PM
The fact that he is associated with that magazine has lost it many potential subscriptions.

Are you kidding ? Who out of the trolls on this forum WOULD have subscribed to news that they all talk about on a daily basis on this forum ?

Bitcoin Magazine is not targeted to bitcointalk.org geeks and trolls. It's target is the REAL WORLD in an attempt to bring more people INTO the Bitcoin environment and introduce them to something new.

Nice try though.
Nice try? I know of about 7 personally. Probably more, but at least 7.

WE ARE ALL DOOMED.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
September 09, 2012, 12:19:17 PM

Matt is not merely an employee (like the part time janitor) of the Bitcoin Magazine.   Given the magazine is a startup and Matt was there from the begining it is highly unlikely he doesn't have an equity stake.  Thus if the magazine profits, he profits.  If the magazine goes bankrupt his equity (and thus time and effort promoting it) is worthless.

Yeah and when they find out that the senior editor makes 80,000 BTC bets he doesn't intend to honor it doesn't look very good.  When they learn more about Pirate ponzi and the amount victims lost, and the fact that Matt sold this bet as a way for Pirate investors to hedge their losses (and thus maybe not sell their PPT bonds at a worse rate) it looks even more scummy.
Pages:
Jump to: