Pages:
Author

Topic: Discussion about 10,000BTC Bet (Official) - page 36. (Read 104454 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 258
https://cryptassist.io
September 07, 2012, 03:41:59 PM
I just saw the spreadsheet.  So the bet has almost doubled in 24 hours?  Is this officially a joke or something?
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
September 07, 2012, 03:08:34 PM
I am starting to understand the pattern of why some people's ignore link is highlighted...
;-)
Activity: 714
Merit: 502
September 07, 2012, 02:56:36 PM
What I'm saying is, I lose zero credibility if Pirate doesn't pay out, whether Matthew pays his bet or not.

That doesn't make you less gullible or greedy...

You can say what you want about greed; sure I'd like to be a bazillionsaire, what else is new?

I really don't see where gullibility enters the equation. I'd have bet with anybody on this forum, how does that make me gullible?

The gullibility enters the equation because you didn't escrow the bet. And let me tell you, Matt is as gullible as the next guy, because he did just the same thing, trust any of us to pay up if we lose. Except he knows he will not win, so, people who bet him won't need to have the money to pay him. But you and almost everybody believes he will pay. You guys even got satisfied when he moved 10k or 20k BTC from one address to other, despite that being no guarantee of payment.
Most of Matt's detractors just kept their mouth shut about his inability to pay after that stunt.

Repeat with me: GULLIBLE.

I get your argument even though a lot of people don't seem to understand. You lost money through pirate and you spent a long time defending him all the while feeling as you were getting slapped with the gullibility card!

OK so I understand it's damaged your ego realizing you were wrong, and you want to slap those people back with a nonsensical argument but you have to admit the people warning you about the ponzi were on your side and had you pulled your head out of your bum and listened they would have saved you from your own greed and gullibility.

I don't think projecting your anger and failures away from pirate and onto the people that warned you is healthy mate. How much did you lose btw, and why are you so butthurt with Micon?
donator
Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
September 07, 2012, 02:30:52 PM

Matthew -- to me, your post suggests you have insider knowledge...how else could you know that goat's actions could actually affect pirate paying back his debtors? I mean, there is no obvious reason pirate needs info to pay people back now that he didn't need before...  Seems hard to connect the dots without knowing inside stuff...should i be disappointed in you?

Do you believe everything you see on the internet?

Indeed not.  I'm a physician -- I should hope I can do better Smiley

Anyhow, you didn't address the issue...your post and your words seem to imply you know the inner workings of the pirate scheme.  Is that true?  Or are you simply assuming that, for some reason, Goat's refusal to give Pirate info he never needed before is going to result in your losing the bet...It sure riled you up...
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
September 07, 2012, 02:05:45 PM
In the end, when pirate doesn't pay, Matthew will also not pay a single bet.

That will show to team ponzi that they are as gullible for trusting him to pay the bets as pirate investors were on trusting pirate.

That will teach Micon a lesson, that's for sure lol

I don't think most of Team Ponzi actually thought he was going to pay; it was obvious early on he was not serious. Most bets were placed by people harassed into "putting their money where their mouth is" by shills who spammed several threads and Ponzi scheme victims desperately trying to hedge their exposure.

And they're not out any money, so not really as gullible, no.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
September 07, 2012, 01:54:17 PM
People need to judge each transaction or offer as an individual entity, otherwise the only thing that the "poop rolling down hill" mob mentality will prove in the end is that bitcoin itself, is nothing more than a huge scam and in turn, a complete failure from an economic standpoint.
If compounding and domino-effect fallout were to become the community standard, bitcoin as a whole would prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that it is nothing more than a pyramid scheme, a Ponzi scam and worst of all, completely centralized because of it's up-stream financial dependencies.

Lucky for us, the underlying mentality and purpose of Bitcoin is STILL "screw the banks" and "be your own bank." If some people want to invest their money with some risky scheme, that really only reflects poorly on the risky scheme, and the people doing the investing. The rest of us will happily continue holding our Bitcoin in safe storages, spending only what we need when we need it.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
September 07, 2012, 01:48:51 PM
The gullibility enters the equation because you didn't escrow the bet.

Coming from one of Pirate's staunchest defenders, the hypocrisy is astounding. 

What? Don't you like when others call you out for what you are? And you are surprised people got itchy with team ponzi and their war on pirate?
Funny, ain't it?

What is it I am exactly? You could call me gullible if I actually risked large amounts of money and if I  ever expected Matthew to pay.
I did neither, nor did anyone else.  The bet was won before it started .

Now, how much did team ponzi  bet on Pirate being legit?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
September 07, 2012, 01:43:29 PM
I read almost all the drama threads when I'm bored on my phone. Almost as good asBetter than tv.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
September 07, 2012, 01:40:41 PM
You guys even got satisfied when he moved 10k or 20k BTC from one address to other

I removed it cause I don't remember seeing that at all, and if I didn't see it it's likely a lot of people on the forum didn't see it so it doesn't factor in, cause I read almost all the drama threads when I'm bored on my phone. Almost as good as tv.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
September 07, 2012, 01:39:40 PM
But you and almost everybody believes he will pay.

Uh, wut? How do you know that? Do you believe everyone who has placed a bet here that they are really willing to bet and aren't just trolling Matthew?
legendary
September 07, 2012, 01:38:19 PM

What? Don't you like when others call you out for what you are? And you are surprised people got itchy with team ponzi and their war on pirate?
Funny, ain't it?
legendary
September 07, 2012, 01:36:50 PM
Most of Matt's detractors just kept their mouth shut about his inability to pay...

Which one is it?

Nice edit... Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
September 07, 2012, 01:35:27 PM

Repeat it to a mirror.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
September 07, 2012, 01:31:59 PM

If I escrowed the bet, I would have to be at least as "gullible" to trust the person holding the funds.

I'm not trusting anyone but me with my bitcoins right now, how the hell does that make me gullible?

The point being, my opinion on whether Matthew pays is inconsequential.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128
September 07, 2012, 01:27:52 PM
What I'm saying is, I lose zero credibility if Pirate doesn't pay out, whether Matthew pays his bet or not.

You can say what you want about greed; sure I'd like to be a bazillionsaire, what else is new?

I really don't see where gullibility enters the equation. I'd have bet with anybody on this forum, how does that make me gullible?

The gullibility enters the equation because you didn't escrow the bet. And let me tell you, Matt is as gullible as the next guy, because he did just the same thing, trust any of us to pay up if we lose. Except he knows he will not win, so, people who bet him won't need to have the money to pay him. But you and almost everybody believes he will pay. You guys even got satisfied when he moved 10k or 20k BTC from one address to other, despite that being no guarantee of payment.
Most of Matt's detractors just kept their mouth shut about his inability to pay after that stunt.

I don't really get your argument, or how it makes anyone gullible since they aren't losing anything. I already considered the "teaching a lesson about not trusting people, including matthew", but it doesn't make any sense because the people who took the bet have nothing at stake here, besides their rep on a forum which (for a lot) is probably not worth as much as the bitcoins are. Matthew has a lot more to lose than everyone else does.

Also,
But you and almost everybody believes he will pay.

Most of Matt's detractors just kept their mouth shut about his inability to pay...

Which one is it?
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
September 07, 2012, 01:23:27 PM
People need to judge each transaction or offer as an individual entity, otherwise the only thing that the "poop rolling down hill" mob mentality will prove in the end is that bitcoin itself, is nothing more than a huge scam and in turn, a complete failure from an economic standpoint.

Failing to meet one's outstanding obligations because the person above them fails to meet their's is simply not an acceptable excuse.
If compounding and domino-effect fallout were to become the community standard, bitcoin as a whole would prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that it is nothing more than a pyramid scheme, a Ponzi scam and worst of all, completely centralized because of it's up-stream financial dependencies.

~DonShrents
Activity: 633
Merit: 500
September 07, 2012, 01:20:56 PM
You guys even got satisfied when he moved 10k or 20k BTC from one address to other, despite that being no guarantee of payment.

When did that happen?
legendary
September 07, 2012, 01:18:31 PM

Activity: 784
Merit: 108
September 07, 2012, 01:16:53 PM
In the same tone as "pics or it didn't happen"... Escrow or it's not a bet.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
September 07, 2012, 01:11:18 PM

Pages:
Jump to: