Pages:
Author

Topic: Discussion about 10,000BTC Bet (Official) - page 35. (Read 104454 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
September 07, 2012, 09:30:27 PM
I have a feeling that payments will be going out this weekend, so I would advise everyone to get their bitcoins ready for payment to Matthew.

~DonShrents

Hear that guys? Pirates gonna pay off his marks investors....for real this time!!!.... honest!! Everyone get ready, forums poster donshrents has a feeling this scammer will have a change of heart....sounds legit, guys!
Activity: 504
Decent Programmer to boot!
September 07, 2012, 09:30:02 PM
Perhaps the people that are most concerned with Matthew's intentions to follow through with his bet should now take the time to provide proof that they have their side of the bet's funds ready and waiting to be paid out, in case Matthew actually wins ?
Anyone who is upset can obviously prove that they have lived up to their end of the agreement with either proof from a 3rd party Escrow service or deposit, or a coin address that contains the amount that they are personally responsible for, as their wager ?

~DonShrents

They are as likely to understand what you are saying as they are to even realize who is posting said rationalization...

so umm, where's your ol' partner, Trendon at?
Are you familiar with the inner workings of BTCS&T?
do explain.. every thing.

ol' partner? I think it's just a pseudonym he used its an anagram of Trendon Sh

That's a good point. One thread said that Shrents is the owner of pirateat40.com AND btcst.com

On GNU/Linux this is as simple as: Open a terminal and
Code:
whois pirateat40.com
or
Code:
whois btcst.com

Even simpler...just read this thread.

Was that in this thread? Darn, I've been all over today, sorry.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 07, 2012, 09:22:58 PM
Perhaps the people that are most concerned with Matthew's intentions to follow through with his bet should now take the time to provide proof that they have their side of the bet's funds ready and waiting to be paid out, in case Matthew actually wins ?
Anyone who is upset can obviously prove that they have lived up to their end of the agreement with either proof from a 3rd party Escrow service or deposit, or a coin address that contains the amount that they are personally responsible for, as their wager ?

~DonShrents

They are as likely to understand what you are saying as they are to even realize who is posting said rationalization...

That's a good point. One thread said that Shrents is the owner of pirateat40.com AND btcst.com

Code:
whois pirateat40.com
or
Code:
whois btcst.com

Even simpler...just read this thread.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
September 07, 2012, 09:22:51 PM

~DonShrents

It's a pretty obvious anagram, since it keeps the "don sh" from the original.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
September 07, 2012, 09:13:36 PM

~DonShrents

Code:
whois pirateat40.com
or
Code:
whois btcst.com
September 07, 2012, 08:10:29 PM

~DonShrents

Activity: 714
Merit: 502
September 07, 2012, 08:07:55 PM

~DonShrents

September 07, 2012, 08:03:18 PM

~DonShrents

so umm, where's your ol' partner Trendon at?
Activity: 336
September 07, 2012, 07:06:23 PM
I am very curious to know Vladimir's thoughts on all of this.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
September 07, 2012, 07:05:07 PM

~DonShrents
Activity: 420
September 07, 2012, 07:01:17 PM
Everybody calm down...

Well... With ur joke u've transgressed some bounds. I don't wish our community had ppl like u. Say hello to my ignore button.
It's just his tsundere way of saying he's in love with Matt. I mean, who wouldn't be?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
September 07, 2012, 05:11:51 PM
Everybody calm down...

Well... With ur joke u've transgressed some bounds. I don't wish our community had ppl like u. Say hello to my ignore button.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
September 07, 2012, 04:59:12 PM
Everybody calm down, after three sleepless nights, I think I finally have it all figured out. I must compliment Matthew here on his brillance, his scheme is actually pretty clever.

Matt came up with the bet at the time when everybody, sans select few still in denial, realized that it would take at least a miracle for Pirate to pay out, and he rightfully anticipated that lots of members will join in lured by what it essentaily is, free-money handout. People thought Matt was nuts and made few tasteless jokes at his expense, but make no mistake, he's no idiot, he knew full well that he was going to lose the bet. He also knew that he didn't have required bitcoins but these never had any role in his ingenious plan anyway. Here comes the brilliant part. Matt is secretly gay, he hopes that when it comes to payout, he will be able to subsidize bitcoin with another commodity to make bettors whole, blowjobs. For this reason initial pool of 10k BTC rose to 80k BTC after vigorous testing conducted to make sure Matt can accomodate $900k worth of blowjobs. The lesson is some men will do anything for a chance to choke on bag of dicks.

1 BTC
1HB5XMLmzFVj8ALj6mfBsbifRoD4miY36v
Just the tip.

Only one spelling error: Blowjobs ---> BlowBobs
Activity: 714
Merit: 502
September 07, 2012, 04:58:08 PM
Everybody calm down, after three sleepless nights, I think I finally have it all figured out. I must compliment Matthew here on his brillance, his scheme is actually pretty clever.

Matt came up with the bet at the time when everybody, sans select few still in denial, realized that it would take at least a miracle for Pirate to pay out, and he rightfully anticipated that lots of members will join in lured by what it essentaily is, free-money handout. People thought Matt was nuts and made few tasteless jokes at his expense, but make no mistake, he's no idiot, he knew full well that he was going to lose the bet. He also knew that he didn't have required bitcoins but these never had any role in his ingenious plan anyway. Here comes the brilliant part. Matt is secretly gay, he hopes that when it comes to payout, he will be able to subsidize bitcoin with another commodity to make bettors whole, blowjobs. For this reason initial pool of 10k BTC rose to 80k BTC after vigorous testing conducted to make sure Matt can accomodate $900k worth of blowjobs. The lesson is some men will do anything for a chance to choke on bag of dicks.

1 BTC
Just the tip.

FFS so this whole things just been about noshing some sausages!!
September 07, 2012, 04:52:47 PM
I have a feeling that payments will be going out this weekend, so I would advise everyone to get their bitcoins ready for payment to Matthew.

~DonShrents

Heh heh heh. I see what you did there.
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
September 07, 2012, 04:42:53 PM

1 BTC
Just the tip.
Activity: 686
Merit: 564
September 07, 2012, 04:26:04 PM
In the end, when pirate doesn't pay, Mtthew will also not pay a single bet.

That will show to all team ponzi that they are as gullible for trusting him to pay the bets as pirate investors were on trusting pirate.

No, not as gullible. Pirate "investors" actually *deposited* their coins. MNW bettors only pledged them in a forum statement.
On the other hand, it seems Pirate "investors" may have been making financial decisions on the assumption that Matthew will pay out. So there are some people that will have actual non-hypothetical losses if he doesn't pay out but Team Ponzi most likely aren't amongst them.

But you and almost everybody believes he will pay.
Personally, I've carefully refrained from commenting on whether I think he'll pay or not. There are some good reasons for this which you may be able to spot if you think about the issue.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
September 07, 2012, 04:25:55 PM

~DonShrents
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Thank you! Thank you! ...
September 07, 2012, 04:20:24 PM
I just saw the spreadsheet.  So the bet has almost doubled in 24 hours?  Is this officially a joke or something?

Yes, it's "official", Matthew is a joke - discussion thread here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scammer-matthew-n-wright-106310
vip
Activity: 571
Merit: 504
I still <3 u Satoshi
September 07, 2012, 04:01:14 PM
I just saw the spreadsheet.  So the bet has almost doubled in 24 hours?  Is this officially a joke or something?

Well it is funny...
Pages:
Jump to: