Pages:
Author

Topic: DisLedger sale ends at midnight UTC/8:00PM EDT... Join this incredible DLT now!! - page 11. (Read 28491 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
What users do you wish to target? Give me an example of your stereotypical customer.

DisLedger is designed for permissioned networks that deal with sensitive or financial information. Our customers need high speed processing and complete privacy of their data.

So we deal with large enterprise customers like banks, financial institutions, stock markets, etc. Because we can now offer the DisLedger technology on a per-transaction basis as opposed to a large, upfront license fee, we are expanding support for small and medium sized companies now too.

So would individuals have any use for this technology?

The majority of times individuals would not even realize that DisLedger was 'under the hood' For example in a mobile, peer-to-peer money transfer system DisLedger would connect the banks of the sender and receiver and handle the payment on behalf of their individual account holders (like Zelle).

We have had people ask about building private messaging systems with DisLedger proving that the messages hadn't been altered. It would be a modern version of a notary public and certified-mail system. That would be a situation where individuals would run DisLedger's technology directly.
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
What users do you wish to target? Give me an example of your stereotypical customer.

DisLedger is designed for permissioned networks that deal with sensitive or financial information. Our customers need high speed processing and complete privacy of their data.

So we deal with large enterprise customers like banks, financial institutions, stock markets, etc. Because we can now offer the DisLedger technology on a per-transaction basis as opposed to a large, upfront license fee, we are expanding support for small and medium sized companies now too.

So would individuals have any use for this technology?

Activity: 185
Merit: 10
Activity: 230
Merit: 101
Found about this on Quora. Why the hype, guys?
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Can someone please clarify ?

When, DCL tokens are more like license to use the technology and this technology can scale to handle multiple transactions per second, As a investor, how the token price will appreciate ? Is it only, if the technology becomes very hot on the market and everyone wants to use this technology ? or is DCL only for people who wants to use this technology for their applications ?
Activity: 392
Any talks planned in the near future from the DisLedger team? I'd love to see you at one of the conventions.

Hi DisLedger will be presenting on a panel with R3, Axoni, and Digital Assets Holdings at Fintech Week held by the Institute of International Economic Law on October 18-20. IIEL website with information

Other participants will be regulators, financial institutions, and investors from multiple countries.

Do you know if this is open to the public? I can't find much info on the website.

I think you have to RSVP.

The RSVP could just be to reserve a spot in case the venue is full.
Activity: 378
Will you be doing anything to prevent traders from buying these tokens only to dump them at the first exchange? The reputation of a lot of ICOs seems to suffer because of this.
How would you propose they do that?
You mean you want them to announce new restrictions that they didn't disclose at the time we made our purchases? You mean you want to restrict people further on what they can do with their own property?

I know this may be a revolutionary concept for some but, regulation isn't always evil!

Surely you can see why, being in an environment like we are, so many of us are so against it. Too many people in power tend to benefit from doing things their way rather than what's good for most. So the easiest way to prevent conflict of interest with those of authority is to have as little regulation as possible.
Will you be doing anything to prevent traders from buying these tokens only to dump them at the first exchange? The reputation of a lot of ICOs seems to suffer because of this.
You mean you want them to announce new restrictions that they didn't disclose at the time we made our purchases? You mean you want to restrict people further on what they can do with their own property?

I know this may be a revolutionary concept for some but, regulation isn't always evil!
Again same over and over again, Fast,Safe,Secure okay, we have already many coins like that why we need another coin like this?

Because DisLedger is unlike any other technology out there.

Every other DLT implementation is just a minor modification of Bitcoin's blockchain. DisLedger is completely different.
If you could only give one simple sentence as to how DisLedger is different, what would you say?

DisLedger creates private, shared ledgers between counterparties, so they are the only ones that ever see that data and can process hundreds of thousands of transactions per second.

DisLedger is a fundamentally different architecture than blockchain and solves the scaling and privacy issues. It's designed for financial institutions, capital markets, and payment systems where scale is required and data privacy is mandated by regulation.
Activity: 248
Again same over and over again, Fast,Safe,Secure okay, we have already many coins like that why we need another coin like this?

Every other DLT implementation is just a minor modification of Bitcoin's blockchain. DisLedger is completely different.

If you could only give one simple sentence as to how DisLedger is different, what would you say?

Activity: 248
Any talks planned in the near future from the DisLedger team? I'd love to see you at one of the conventions.

Hi DisLedger will be presenting on a panel with R3, Axoni, and Digital Assets Holdings at Fintech Week held by the Institute of International Economic Law on October 18-20. IIEL website with information

Other participants will be regulators, financial institutions, and investors from multiple countries.

Do you know if this is open to the public? I can't find much info on the website.

I think you have to RSVP.
Activity: 378

Activity: 192
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
If someone has the time, can you ELI5 what exactly this does? I understand that it keeps track of transactions using blockchain, but isn't it offline? How do transactions get confirmed that way?

Activity: 476
Merit: 251
Activity: 392
Pages:
Jump to: