Pages:
Author

Topic: DisLedger sale ends at midnight UTC/8:00PM EDT... Join this incredible DLT now!! - page 8. (Read 28491 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I'll never understand why people care about legality in US so much. Just "don't sell to US" persons, like so many are doing. We all know they're buying anyway. Cryptocurrency is also about not caring about the current flawed system.

The penalties just aren't worth it, and the extreme ways that ICOs have tried to avoid the regulations aren't sustainable... or legally justified. Just look at Tezos' collapse last week after they tried the Swiss non-profit scam.

We're working in the global financial markets for the long run, with customers that are heavily regulated. We would never have done the token sale if our lawyers hadn't signed off on its legality.

Activity: 230
Merit: 101
I'll never understand why people care about legality in US so much. Just "don't sell to US" persons, like so many are doing. We all know they're buying anyway. Cryptocurrency is also about not caring about the current flawed system.
Is there a particular legal firm you have been going through?

We used Debevoise & Plimpton for our token sale legal review, and Morrison & Foerster does our patents.

Wow, Debevoise & Plimpton is a very prestigious law firm. That must have set you back a pretty penny or even two!

They are expensive but completely worth it to ensure that our token sale was handled legally.

Hopefully people will appreciate the extents to which we've gone to be compliant with all the regulations. We maintain professional standards so we will be around for a long time unlike some other notable coins.

I knew I recognized that name, that's the firm defending Grand Theft Auto V from the lawsuit filed by Lindsey Lohan.

I don't know about GTA but they are the firm that created the "Securities Law Framework for Blockchain Tokens" which is the legal framework that people rely on to help assess whether they are a security or not in the US. They also handled a lot of other relevant regulations in the States and internationally.

Here's a link Securities Law Framework

We used Debevoise & Plimpton for our token sale legal review, and Morrison & Foerster does our patents.

Wow, Debevoise & Plimpton is a very prestigious law firm. That must have set you back a pretty penny or even two!

They are expensive but completely worth it to ensure that our token sale was handled legally.

Hopefully people will appreciate the extents to which we've gone to be compliant with all the regulations. We maintain professional standards so we will be around for a long time unlike some other notable coins.

I knew I recognized that name, that's the firm defending Grand Theft Auto V from the lawsuit filed by Lindsey Lohan.

I don't know about GTA but they are the firm that created the "Securities Law Framework for Blockchain Tokens" which is the legal framework that people rely on to help assess whether they are a security or not in the US. They also handled a lot of other relevant regulations in the States and internationally.

Activity: 378

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

How are the advisors getting compensated?

Those contractual arrangements would be private.

Actually they're obvious lol, they're probably getting tokens.

And their Tech group is writing our smart contracts.

They're more involved than I would have initially expected then.

Yes, the groups that understand how powerful DisLedger will be in finance have gotten really interested. So they usually want to engage deeply, and we appreciate partners like that!

It seems like they would be overwhelmed with people trying pitch them ideas, how did you manage to get a foot in the door with some of the bigger companies I've seen mentioned here?

Persistence... just not stopping until we could convince them of the benefits of the technology.

First going over the details with the technical people, then lots of discussions with the business people on what it means for their product and company.

It took over a year of consistent communications with some of the bigger players.

Activity: 476

Yes, the groups that understand how powerful DisLedger will be in finance have gotten really interested. So they usually want to engage deeply, and we appreciate partners like that!

It seems like they would be overwhelmed with people trying pitch them ideas, how did you manage to get a foot in the door with some of the bigger companies I've seen mentioned here?
Do you guys plan to bring in anymore advisors?

Not during the token sale but there are some capital markets, payments and finance experts that we’d like to have onboard longterm.

That's interesting, any specific companies you're eye-balling?

We've been talking with Intel, Mastercard and SAP for a long time so have those pretty well covered. Next we'll be looking for executives, investors, and board members that have connections in other, similar companies.

Those are some big names, hopefully something will come through with them.

Yes we're happy that they're involved and that we'll get to work on a lot of good projects together.

Activity: 185
Merit: 10
Do you guys plan to bring in anymore advisors?

Not during the token sale but there are some capital markets, payments and finance experts that we’d like to have onboard longterm.

That's interesting, any specific companies you're eye-balling?

We've been talking with Intel, Mastercard and SAP for a long time so have those pretty well covered. Next we'll be looking for executives, investors, and board members that have connections in other, similar companies.

Those are some big names, hopefully something will come through with them.

Activity: 392

Activity: 230
Merit: 101

Any venture capitalist interest?

Yes, our partner Alluminate.io has a fund

That's a great indicator of a quality project in my opinion. I'm surprised you guys don't push that info more.

You have a good point!
Activity: 248

That's a great indicator of a quality project in my opinion. I'm surprised you guys don't push that info more.

Activity: 392

Okay. I understand your hesitancy to disclose something like that.

We have non-disclosure agreements with companies that keeps us from discussing details of our work together, most advisors would have similar NDAs.
Pages:
Jump to: