Author

Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay - page 162. (Read 148848 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
I've made a telegram group for dnotes discussion,kindly join guys.here's the link.

https://t.me/joinchat/FB-UaUjrQiji-EBatHLsuA
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060
HI DNotes
If you also want young investors, then you have to offer telegram.
Young people love the daily talk.
Bitcointalk is not so trendy.
That's my opinion

Hi Mbaker0510.

I remember you as the guy who drives fast on the German highways without speed limits and “think that DNOTE 2. 0 is a Porsche !!!” Pretty cool idea, actually.  

But here is the challenge. We are already working overtime to finish the “DNotes Highway” so that we can go for a test drive with our Porsche one day. And we don’t like to start something if we can’t actively support it and do it with a best in class mindset.

Here is the deal. If we have a handful of DNotes supporters who want to help out in starting a DNotes Telegram Channel. please send me a personal message or connect with me on LinkedIn (Alan Yong). If qualified, this group will with have the chance to work directly with me and earn some DNotes 2.0.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
I would have to agree with him that crypto is not going to replace fiat anytime soon. But it will work alongside it. Also, crypto solves some financial problems that central banking has not been able to solve to date.

As for the illicit uses, you could say similar things about cash...

San Francisco Fed President Says Crypto Fails ‘Basic Test’ of Currency

https://dcebrief.com/san-francisco-fed-president-says-crypto-fails-basic-test-of-currency/
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
San Francisco Fed President Says Crypto Fails ‘Basic Test’ of Currency

https://dcebrief.com/san-francisco-fed-president-says-crypto-fails-basic-test-of-currency/
legendary
I think Warren Buffet may be that case of having done enough things right that he hasn't been too burned by the wrong things he has also done. No one is perfect. He has some great quotes. Everyone is capable of teaching us some truth and we don't have to agree with everything about them to learn that truth.

I think surrounding yourself with other intelligent people, and not trying to do it all yourself, is a valuable thing. I've even heard it said that if you run a company, you should try to hire people who are even smarter than you, at least in the job for which you hire them. I think that is great advice.

I think a case in point with that being put into practice is DNotes Global's partnership with Geneca. I'm assuming the people at Geneca are way smarter at software development than anyone on the DNotes team (even though we do have some great technical minds). And that's why DNotes Global chose them.

Thank you, wiser. Great comments. Once DNotes' vision of an inclusive trusted digital currency for mass adoption was clearly defined and articulated, we began to layout the most strategic path, block by block, leading to mass adoption of DNotes - the realization of our vision.

Ingrained in our DNA is our commitment of "best in class" mindset in everything that matters. This includes the selection of our partner Geneca. They greatly expand our software development capabilities. It took us almost two years to find the best fitting company.

Likewise, once our funding is successfully on its way, DNotes Global will be expanding its team to include full-time and part-time positions of great employees who can grow with us to become exceptional employees. Our bars are set very high but if you have an interest to join our team get to know us early.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
I think Warren Buffet may be that case of having done enough things right that he hasn't been too burned by the wrong things he has also done. No one is perfect. He has some great quotes. Everyone is capable of teaching us some truth and we don't have to agree with everything about them to learn that truth.

I think surrounding yourself with other intelligent people, and not trying to do it all yourself, is a valuable thing. I've even heard it said that if you run a company, you should try to hire people who are even smarter than you, at least in the job for which you hire them. I think that is great advice.

I think a case in point with that being put into practice is DNotes Global's partnership with Geneca. I'm assuming the people at Geneca are way smarter at software development than anyone on the DNotes team (even though we do have some great technical minds). And that's why DNotes Global chose them.
legendary
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
HI DNotes
If you also want young investors, then you have to offer telegram.
Young people love the daily talk.
Bitcointalk is not so trendy.
That's my opinion
legendary
Warren Buffett is not a support of our industry. I am convinced that it is something that he does not yet understand. I wished that he kept is mouth shut and not expressed his ignorance with such strong opposing opinion on a new revolutionary technology with world changing implications. 

Nonetheless, I have profound respect for Warren Buffett because of great wisdom about investing.

Here is my favorite: "Whether we're talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down. That's what value investing is all about.”

I wished he had said,  ” …. Socks or stocks or digital currency

Because then, I could speculate that he had DNotes in mind. Thanks, Warren. Whether you are for us or against us, our industry can still benefit from your great wisdom. 

Enjoy your reading:

The genius of Warren Buffett in 23 quotes
By: PAUL A. MERRIMAN

One of my favorite ways to learn is to remember pithy quotations that wrap a lot of wisdom into relatively few words. Nobody does that better than Warren Buffett.

In some of my favorite quotes, Buffett preaches patience, simplicity, index funds, and understanding the difference between what you know and what you don't. He's in favor of being smart, and against being dumb.

I'll give you some examples, followed by my own comments.

Since this article is about learning, let's start with this:

"What we learn from history is that people don't learn from history." When investors get either too fearful or too greedy, they sometimes hide behind the notion that "This time it's different." Usually they regret it.

On fear and greed

"Two super-contagious diseases, fear and greed, will forever occur in the investment community. The timing of these epidemics will be unpredictable. ... We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful." This is the simple recipe for being a contrarian investor.

On patience, in three examples

"No matter how great the talent or efforts, some things just take time. You can't produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant."

"Our favorite holding period is forever." This is buy-and-hold investing, pure and simple.

"I don't look to jump over seven-foot bars: I look around for one-foot bars that I can step over." In my own view, index funds are the ultimate one-foot bar.

On sticking with what you know

"Risk comes from not knowing what you're doing."

"Diversification is a protection against ignorance." I think he's right on target here, and we all need this protection. We cannot possibly understand all the moving parts of the global economy and the myriad of investment choices available to us.

"Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked." In a bull market, everybody's a genius. But a bear market reveals who's got what it takes to achieve long-term success — and who doesn't.

"Never invest in a business you cannot understand." This is a good reason not to invest in individual stocks. I find it virtually impossible to understand the intricacies of any single company or a single industry. I can, however, understand an asset class with nearly 90 years of historical data. And I can invest in an index fund that captures that asset class.

"What counts for most people in investing is not how much they know, but rather how realistically they define what they don't know." Unfortunately, know-it-alls tend to place big financial bets. Failing to learn from their own history (see above), they keep doing so again and again.

On being smart and being successful

"You don't need to be a rocket scientist. Investing is not a game where the guy with the 160 IQ beats the guy with 130 IQ."

Along the same lines: "It is not necessary to do extraordinary things to get extraordinary results. ... By periodically investing in an index fund, the know-nothing investor can actually outperform most investment professionals."

My take on that topic: If you want above-average results with below-average risks, make regular investments in index funds and leave the money there until you need it.

Now let's look at some other Warren Buffett gems that include his thoughts on the value of value investing, the non-value of predictions, following the herd, the tarnish of gold as an investment, and more.

On value investing

"Whether we're talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down." That's what value investing is all about.

On following the herd

"Most people get interested in stocks when everyone else is. The time to get interested is when no one else is. You can't buy what is popular and do well." Following the herd can be very dangerous. Just ask the many investors who staked their futures on technology stocks in 1999.

On predictions

"We have long felt that the only value of stock forecasters is to make fortune-tellers look good." I'm amazed at how many investors take market forecasters seriously, even when they have no credible track records of success.

On losing money

"Rule No.1 is never lose money. Rule No.2 is never forget Rule No. 1." Warren Buffet has broken both of these rules, as I've pointed out. Even so, he has amassed an enormous amount of wealth.

"The most important thing to do if you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging." This can be interpreted as advice to sell your losing investments. But I think a better interpretation is this: When you realize you are doing something dumb with your money, stop it.

On good habits

"Chains of habits are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken." This next quote describes a very good habit.

"Do not save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving." This is known as paying yourself first, and it works brilliantly for investors who develop this habit while they are young.

"You shouldn't own common stocks if a 50% decrease in their value in a short period of time would cause you acute distress." Losses like this are infrequent, but they are normal enough that you should expect them. You can significantly reduce this risk by adding bonds to your portfolio.

"With enough insider information and a million dollars, you can go broke in a year." I have seen several investors lose everything because they followed what they thought was trustworthy inside information.

On gold

"I will say this about gold. If you took all the gold in the world, it would roughly make a cube 67 feet on a side ... Now for that same cube of gold, it would be worth at today's market prices about $7 trillion — that's probably about a third of the value of all the stocks in the United States. For $7 trillion, you could have all the farmland in the United States, you could have about seven Exxon Mobil Corporations plus a trillion dollars of walking-around money. ... If you offered me the choice of looking at some 67-foot cube of gold all day, ... call me crazy, but I'll take the farmland and the Exxon Mobil Corporations."

My favorite Buffett quote

"You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don't do too many things wrong." This is my favorite Buffett quote. Long-term success belongs to those investors who consistently focus on doing a few things right and on avoiding the worst errors.
Source: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-genius-of-warren-buffett-in-23-quotes-2015-08-19

legendary

Great work. I hope many people read this article, as it encapsulates the prominent attitude of so many cryptocurrency investors. At DNotes we do not cater to the winning lottery ticket mentality type of investor (they are very fickle). Instead we cater to the investor who appreciates vision, fundamental value, and the strategic approaches that are required to win.

TeeGee that is just why I invested in DNotes and strongly support the team and it's work.

I have had enough of risky investment and shady teams behind some coins, which were only interested in pump and dump and making as much money as fast as possible. That was becoming too stressful, it was sometimes hard to even trust the public announcements those teams had made Roll Eyes

So now I'm mostly trying to find the trustworthy teams with great long term vision, and by all what I have seen and read the team behind the DNotes is definitely excellent example of that. Keep up the good work guys Wink

Thank you, Amadeus82 and TeeGee for your trust and confidence in DNotes’ vision and business model. I hope there is a lesson learned by most people over the last year. While a lot of money has been made, more money has been lost by many who could ill afford it.

Think of a student, already saddled with a large student debt, took out another $7,000 in new student loan and invested half of it in December 2017 – and lost 80% of it in less than 30 days. There are many stories like that with a different twist. We can blame it on the victims for being young and naive. But don’t be shocked that many of the victims are seniors with vast experience. We all can be tempted by the idea of getting rich quick sometime.

We are proud that, for over four DNotes has been taking the lead to build a digital currency that could benefit everyone. It is being built with trust and a purpose. Our industry needs more of that. We encourage others in our industry who share that mindset to join force with us.
Activity: 327
Merit: 16

Great work. I hope many people read this article, as it encapsulates the prominent attitude of so many cryptocurrency investors. At DNotes we do not cater to the winning lottery ticket mentality type of investor (they are very fickle). Instead we cater to the investor who appreciates vision, fundamental value, and the strategic approaches that are required to win.

TeeGee that is just why I invested in DNotes and strongly support the team and it's work.

I have had enough of risky investment and shady teams behind some coins, which were only interested in pump and dump and making as much money as fast as possible. That was becoming too stressful, it was sometimes hard to even trust the public announcements those teams had made Roll Eyes

So now I'm mostly trying to find the trustworthy teams with great long term vision, and by all what I have seen and read the team behind the DNotes is definitely excellent example of that. Keep up the good work guys Wink
Activity: 846
Merit: 535

Merit: 102
Monex CEO: Japanese Crypto Exchanges Need Stricter Regulation

https://dcebrief.com/monex-ceo-japanese-crypto-exchanges-need-stricter-regulation/
Activity: 327
Merit: 16

I have written a blog post on Steemit in which I also talk about DNotes and DNotesEDU Cheesy If you you want to read it you can find it here: https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@primoz82/my-experience-with-cryptocurrencies-and-why-i-believe-in-the-dnotes-2-0

I know my grammar is not perfect, but I was trying to do my best Cheesy

Amadeus82, I just read every word of your blog post on steemit. Thank you for sharing your true experience is such an honest, sincere, and objective manner. That kind of expression is significantly more valuable than any well crafted, highly edited essay, or talking points. I strongly encourage everyone to read it.

I also wish that more people would share their experience. Loosing hard earned money out of desperation to gamble in hope of striking it rich seldom ends with the result we wished for. Always do your homework and take your time to observe and verify if any claims made in the past have been consistently delivered or always ended up with excuses.

Amazing article Amadeus82, you are quite the story teller. You are exactly the kind of supporter we wish to grow with DNotes and becomes very successful as a result.

Thank you for both your patience and your support.

Thank you Amadeus82! There is no better thank you for the work we did on DNotesEDU than a from-the-heart story like yours. That is exactly the measure of success we were looking for - that people could confidently learn how to research and invest for themselves. Smiley Smiley

You don't need to apologize for your English or grammar with us. We realize this is global and applaud everyone that tells their story or joins in the conversation. I am obviously not a professional writer, I make a lot of mistakes, and only speak one language, but believe nothing should stop us from sharing what we know if it can help others.

Thank you Chase. I must honestly admit that I'm very surprised by all the positive feedback I got for my blog Cheesy I must say that it is really good motivation to maybe write some more in the future  Cheesy I must say that I really believe in DNotes and the team behind it, so keep up the good and honest work and I'll keep promoting you as best as I can  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

I have written a blog post on Steemit in which I also talk about DNotes and DNotesEDU Cheesy If you you want to read it you can find it here: https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@primoz82/my-experience-with-cryptocurrencies-and-why-i-believe-in-the-dnotes-2-0

I know my grammar is not perfect, but I was trying to do my best Cheesy

Amadeus82, I just read every word of your blog post on steemit. Thank you for sharing your true experience is such an honest, sincere, and objective manner. That kind of expression is significantly more valuable than any well crafted, highly edited essay, or talking points. I strongly encourage everyone to read it.

I also wish that more people would share their experience. Loosing hard earned money out of desperation to gamble in hope of striking it rich seldom ends with the result we wished for. Always do your homework and take your time to observe and verify if any claims made in the past have been consistently delivered or always ended up with excuses.

Amazing article Amadeus82, you are quite the story teller. You are exactly the kind of supporter we wish to grow with DNotes and becomes very successful as a result.

Thank you for both your patience and your support.

Thank you Amadeus82! There is no better thank you for the work we did on DNotesEDU than a from-the-heart story like yours. That is exactly the measure of success we were looking for - that people could confidently learn how to research and invest for themselves. Smiley Smiley

You don't need to apologize for your English or grammar with us. We realize this is global and applaud everyone that tells their story or joins in the conversation. I am obviously not a professional writer, I make a lot of mistakes, and only speak one language, but believe nothing should stop us from sharing what we know if it can help others.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111
DNotes
Activity: 267
Merit: 13
Check out the DNotes 2.0 Alpha Pre-Release video on how to setup and stake from your desktop wallet. Hope this helps with setting up your wallet for staking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w9r2LoXM6c
Jump to: