Pages:
Author

Topic: Do not invest in ICO anymore. Do not Feed scammers - page 23. (Read 4981 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 101
I am totally agree with you. Venture capital could replace ICOs at all. And we know that today launching an ICO is very expensive, most of good startups do not have 200 - 500 thousands of USD. But there is 1% of good projects which gains their capital through ICO.
Activity: 742
Merit: 128
Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading
if all people not invest ico again
all ico project can die, maybe bitcointalk forum visitor can much reduce, and then only few visitor
If we get to see less ICOs today, there is no effect it is going to have on the market and in fact, I want to believe that the market on its own is supersaturated with scam ICOs as far as I am concerned.

One thing you should always be so concentrated on is the fact of having a matured space and the growth of the space is not just dependent on ICOs, as those coins and tokens with a good quality product will still always do great eventually anyway and nothing is going to change that. Investors will always be in the market; either they are investing in ICOs or coins and tokens already in the market.

If the investor is always afraid of being scammed when joining the ICO, and does not dare to join any ICO. I think it makes me think that the investor will not be able to invest in other areas, because they are always afraid without any means to prevent it for themselves.

I agree , losing money is always part of investment and if you are afraid to lose your money then don't try to invest in crypto . Because losing money is part of crypto ,it is depends in you on how you handle the lost and how to find solution to recover your lost .
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
Yes, I agreed to you, I have not invested in any ICO in this year, many scammers create the scam project or the shit coin, actual they have not any technology or project in the Blockchain, also they will disappear after the ICO, they all lost the money.
Activity: 364
Merit: 46
Thats what we call risk taking, every investment has risktaking part because if not and all people can always get big profit then all of us now are rich.

An investor must expect those kind of things but he must also know how to reduce his risk and will bring him to make a strategy on how he/she will choose a project to invest with.

If you do have a bad experience with it take it as a lesson and if you have plan to fund a project again try to study on how you will lower your risk before investing.

I agree there are lots of scam ICO's, its just the matter of choosing good/legit one.
Activity: 840
Merit: 529
I think when people have a good idea how to make our world better they should start from studying cryptocurrencies which already exist.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Look ARROUND!
At the moment, the market for ICO projects is really bad, but I do not think that the era of ICO is over. The market will recover, prices will start to rise and investors will again invest in projects and make a profit.
legendary
Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201
all ico project can die, maybe bitcointalk forum visitor can much reduce, and then only few visitor
If we get to see less ICOs today, there is no effect it is going to have on the market and in fact, I want to believe that the market on its own is supersaturated with scam ICOs as far as I am concerned.

One thing you should always be so concentrated on is the fact of having a matured space and the growth of the space is not just dependent on ICOs, as those coins and tokens with a good quality product will still always do great eventually anyway and nothing is going to change that. Investors will always be in the market; either they are investing in ICOs or coins and tokens already in the market.

If the investor is always afraid of being scammed when joining the ICO, and does not dare to join any ICO. I think it makes me think that the investor will not be able to invest in other areas, because they are always afraid without any means to prevent it for themselves.
Activity: 910
Merit: 12
I don't think you're right about that. Unfortunately there are many scam projects on the market. But as a lot scam projects have, the crypto world have good projects which do Ico. And these projects need support. I also don't think the crypto world doesn't need a new altcoins. The crypto world is growing more and more every day. And with the expansion of the crypto world, we need new projects in many areas.
Activity: 448
Merit: 281
This year has indeed become a bad time for the ICO. But behind that ICO quality and which indeed have the potential, there is still to follow. selective in choosing the ICO into mandatory things that must be done to avoid a scam there is. than just silent and not invest better learn to analyze the ICO to obtain better results.
Well, it really was not a good time but still a good time for some of us who saw an opportunity in picking some of the ICOs that ended up going lower than their ICO price and they have great potential based on their product and future growth. It is the opportunity you see in every market that matters and it is not how the market is faring.

Not investing in ICO will not change a thing, just knowing when to invest is what should be most important thing. People can still be investing in a coin or token in the market already and still be feeding scammers as far as I am concerned, and as long as ideas will always pop up, I would not expect us to stop seeing ICOs for fund raising purposes.
Activity: 966
Merit: 517

Activity: 700
ICO era is gone! Stop feeding serial scammers. Stop funding these cash grab nonexistent projects.
The World Do not need new tokens at all. We got enough shitcoin for next 100 years.

Well if there are a real project (With trustworthy Team) which is really willing to distirbute Their tokens! There are Many ways Without Doing ICO!

ICOs should just get funded from VCs and do an airdrop to community.

Most ico can be done open source on github for free.. the greed in creating all of these project is stifling growth. A lot of innovation come from free open source project from passionate developers.

Im 3 years in this field and strictly advice you do not invest in any ico at all.

What Do you think guys ?
If you wish everyone to think as the way you think, then the cryptocurrency world will not growing, cause there will be no more project created.
And that is because there will be hard to find a funding to create a high quality project.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 275
Now invest in ICO is very risky. Even the most reliable project with a great team will not be able to guarantee that your investment will bring profit. I personally watch from the side and wait for the market to recover.
Yes you're right. maybe now, it's very different from before. The existing ICO in 2017, 80% shows very good things. it makes the price of bitcoin and ETH higher. well, but I think this year there are so many people who use ICO for certain purposes. well, I hope the ICO in 2019 will be better.

And most of the time, that purpose is the get-rich-quick scheme. But, I don't believe that all ICO will end up crap or scam, but most of them are. You need to study and research about the project. Check if what they are claiming is really valid, like the existence of the company. You can always ask if they are legally registered, and if you can't get straight answer from them. Start to doubt the project. There are so many ways to get info of the project, just keep your eyes open and do a lil bit of your own work. Don't rely from other's opinion or suggestions.
Activity: 98
Merit: 2
There is certainly a need to be extremely cautious, but to claim that all ICOs are fraudulent is without basis.  Now, you might be able to make an argument that the majority of them are suspicious, but to say all?

Now, as a practical matter it may be wise to advise the average person not to invest in ICOs or the equivalent, given what I see as thel naivety of the typical crypto market participants.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 103
You don't right. There are projects that have developed (already) products but they need funds to speed up marketing.

Indeed. Most funds collected in ICO's tends to go toward marketing and exchange listings (which are pretty expensive).

Yes, but some companies are not even developing their product after the crowdsale. Recently we are seeing some project with the development because SEC kept a very close eye on this ICO project. If the company don't have any intention to develop better they can stay away from the market.
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
ICO era is gone! Stop feeding serial scammers. Stop funding these cash grab nonexistent projects.
The World Do not need new tokens at all. We got enough shitcoin for next 100 years.

Well if there are a real project (With trustworthy Team) which is really willing to distirbute Their tokens! There are Many ways Without Doing ICO!

ICOs should just get funded from VCs and do an airdrop to community.

Most ico can be done open source on github for free.. the greed in creating all of these project is stifling growth. A lot of innovation come from free open source project from passionate developers.

Im 3 years in this field and strictly advice you do not invest in any ico at all.

What Do you think guys ?

They can grow up only with our investment, market with out ICO's product will not same anymore. This is business and we all know fund take the biggest part, until now I never see ICO can success with out investment. You should built your idea become reality to give us proof that your way is the right thing, but I doubt that.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
You don't right. There are projects that have developed (already) products but they need funds to speed up marketing.

Indeed. Most funds collected in ICO's tends to go toward marketing and exchange listings (which are pretty expensive).
Activity: 658
So they should just get funded by VCs, Why do they need tokens & billions of USD?  Even 1 million $ is enough for every single project!
How much was the Whole ethereum project hardcap ?
ICOs cannot keep robbing people with white papers. 99% of icos scamming people! For example Recently GoNetwork basically did that. Raise 50 million and now have market cap of 3 million. And they have absolutely nothing to show for it.

Just check out recent icos performance. All below Ico price!

pic credit : icodrops.com/
Perhap you were right about what you said, but not all project were that way, there are also project that truly manage their project without having even a glimpse of thought on their mind to cheat on the investors. So you need to make your opinion to be specific to those project that are fake/scam.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 450
Now invest in ICO is very risky. Even the most reliable project with a great team will not be able to guarantee that your investment will bring profit. I personally watch from the side and wait for the market to recover.
Yes you're right. maybe now, it's very different from before. The existing ICO in 2017, 80% shows very good things. it makes the price of bitcoin and ETH higher. well, but I think this year there are so many people who use ICO for certain purposes. well, I hope the ICO in 2019 will be better.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
not every ico is a scam and there are really good projects in the ico market. if you find such a project, you can support the ico quietly. but unfortunately many ico are currently a scam and it is really not easy to find a good project.
You right, we cannot generalize that all ico do scamming on investors? the proof of the project that I bought successfully listed in exchange and I managed to profit? the point is to stay away from suspicious projects by looking at certain aspects, and looking for potential projects..
Pages:
Jump to: