Pages:
Author

Topic: Do star players affect the odds of a match bet? - page 9. (Read 859 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1127
Yes, star players can have a significant impact on the odds of a bet or wager on a match, considering the four levels of contribution you mentioned. The level of contribution a star player provides in a match can influence the outcome and subsequently affect the odds. As prominent players have a significant impact on the final result of the game, bookmakers and betting markets consider their presence and performance when setting odds. It's crucial to remember that other factors, outside only the participation of the star player, such as team dynamics, recent performance, injuries, and other elements, affect the odds.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1045
Goodnight, ohh Leo!!! 🦅
Hehe....how are players supposed to affect the odds in a game??.. well, I'd say they could buh that's Not gonna be so particular... Dunno if you get my point?. If the performances of any player at all is superfluous, then the club could eventually be Valued at more bet/spin points (depending on the leauge in question though)..
I don't think it's something that's done like a major speculation thus, affecting the results of the game at the end...no, I don't. Like I said, it might be the case in so many other farmer leauges..

Sandra 🧑‍🦰
Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

My question is simple, do star players really affect the odds of a bet, or wager or stake on a match, putting into consideration the four levels of contribution in a match, as I mentioned earlier?

Some gamblers are betting based on the star players skills and the other basis for their bets.
Star players will contribute no matter what, the only question here is who is their opponent? where they will play? There is other indicators that you should consider on betting. The odds changes due to many reason and having a star player can totally affect the odds, you can just notice this on a team with the star players.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
My question is simple, do star players really affect the odds of a bet, or wager or stake on a match, putting into consideration the four levels of contribution in a match, as I mentioned earlier?
Yes

If you have been checking matches odd, you will notice that the odd is changing. Assuming the odd was very small for a strong team, if it is noticed that the club will bench like two or three players because the club is having a tougher match coming, the bookies may increase the odd of the strong club. This can happen if the strong club wants to play champions league quarter final or higher but playing with a small club in their league, the strong club manager can rest or bench some of the best players.

Before a club is given an odd, there are some things to consider. How strong the club players are is one of the things that will determine the odd.
Activity: 644
Merit: 661
- Jay -
If you are asking if the involvement of star players affects how much odds bookies place on a club, then it definitely does cause all factors like: who is playing at home, current form, any related match news etc affects the outcome of the match.

So the answer is yes, important players affect the odds of a match.

- Jay -
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1407
I would say that a star players involvement might not greatly affect some games but others it would affect it wildly.  As an outlier look at MLS league Miami before Messi joined and after.  They were one of the worst teams and then a top team with Messi.  I would definitely think the odds would swing wildly different if he did or did not plan on playing in a game, at least if it was known. 
Activity: 770
Merit: 180
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
I would like to take into consideration four levels of contribution in a match by a star player, and hope to see from everyone's opinion how their contribution would go to affect the outcome, odds of a game and the bet after the game is concluded. These four levels include:
*playing part of a match,
*playing a full match,
*being substituted out and
*being substituted in.

No star player is agreeably just a placebo effect on any team, and unlike Ronaldo and Messi who have influenced their new teams to attain new feats, they are expected to perform excellent service in the positions they are signed for and nothing less of that.

Pages:
Jump to: