Pages:
Author

Topic: Do u follow what politicians say about cryptocurrency? - page 17. (Read 2522 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 10
HEXCASH - Decentralized Fun
In recent days, more and more politicians and heads of central banks talk about cryptocurrency!
Do u follow them? Yes or no? Why
I do follow them and tend to think, soon they will find a way to control cryptocurrency, because that's a huge amount of money, governor's loosing!
For example yesterday head bank of England governor Mark Carney said there is a concern among international regulators about the use of digital currencies and that he expects it to be on the agenda at upcoming G20 meetings. But he also highlighted the “huge range of opportunities” presented by the underlying technology, a view he’s shared before in relation to payment systems.

I dont really trust politicians they are all the same,most of them are trying to take the advantage to have some support from the people especially when an election is coming not unless they have billions dollar investments into cryptocurrencies surely they will make some move to stop the regulation in their government.
Activity: 72
Merit: 0
That's really important, and it can change the face of cryptocurrencies. I follow this informations with a great interest.
Activity: 394
Merit: 250
In recent days, more and more politicians and heads of central banks talk about cryptocurrency!
I do follow them and tend to think, soon they will find a way to control cryptocurrency, because that's a huge amount of money, governor's loosing!
For example yesterday head bank of England governor Mark Carney said there is a concern among international regulators about the use of digital currencies and that he expects it to be on the agenda at upcoming G20 meetings. But he also highlighted the “huge range of opportunities” presented by the underlying technology, a view he’s shared before in relation to payment systems.

European Central Bank governor Draghi gave some great statements about crypto, but European politicians didnt. As i do follow what is going on, it was interesting that after a long well planned FUD campaign aimed at lowering bitcoin price and all alts with it, that came from several continents when it was finished a week ago, ECB comes with such statements. Well some people do understand that banning a new economy does not make them even more money.
copper member
Activity: 369
simply getting the job done
As a cryptocurrency enthusiast I guess it's better to keep updated with politicians, big media persons etc. statements about cryptocurrency. Their bluffing, new regulations, or even speculative speeches have a huge role in cryptocurrency. As you know the bank owners are having tough times in this era of cryptocurrency(which is still a far from achieving its goal though) and now they try to put pressure on government's shoulder to impose hard regulations on cryptocurrency.
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
considering that the words of politicians (to a special extent) determine the future fate of the crypto currency, I knowingly watch it
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
Politicians are simply pursuing their goals and they have influence. If they benefit from crypto currency, they will praise it, but if the crypto currency is not profitable for them, then we hear news about inspections of crypto exchanges and about the dangers of crypto currencies.

Very well said. Politicians very rarely care about anything else than their own wellbeing and re-election. But their public statements are not to be trusted.
Activity: 303

I don't follow them because most of them are misinformed or deliberately misinforming people in society. They have to find a way to control and tax crypto because if they don't they are just missing out on a piece of the action for no reason. They now realize they can't stop it, they may as well tax it. The very fact that they call it "digital currencies" goes to show how ignorant and dumb they are about this topic. Unbelievable that people with this much money and smart people around then can be so ignorant. Laughable, yet scary at the same damn time.
Activity: 420
The main problem is, the government will tell you: "In order to protect you from the risks connected with cryptocurrencies, we will take control over them". But in fact they will just take your money (in the best case) and put you into prison (suspecting you in terrorism). Is it fair? No, it's not. But as long as this is not regulated I will stay in the game.
Activity: 224

Yes.. Politians they are leaders.. It has a big impact to the trends of cryptocurrency on what agenda they have.

Only politians have a power now if they will not banned or banned crypto in their respective country. And, that will really affect the value of that crypto
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
Politicians, bank executives and central bank chiefs do not like digital money. They perceive crypto money technology as a threat. This point of view is absolutely wrong. No one can control the digital world.
It is that perception that has always made them to always kick against it and I wonder how long they will keep up with that. It is good though that they are beginning to understand that this is something that cannot be stopped, and hoping they do not perceive the threat to be much more in the future, but I am sure over time, they will have a way to always do what they know how to do best, which is to try to destroy good things.

Listening to people like them is like group of mad men who care less about the people who voted them in but their own pockets.
Activity: 350
Semi-Decentralized Exchange
Sure, I always try to keep up to date if they say anything important and if that may affect the coins in any way possible.

But other than that, it's always interesting to see what they think and if the public perception changes.

Count me as well, I keep in touch with the updates. Because we knew that politicians are updated too and they comment and react for what they have seen. So far cryptocurrencies for them is a helpful to everyone, they go on with the flow.
Activity: 322
Another news from Christine Lagarde head of the International Monetary Fund! She said that international regulatory action on cryptocurrencies is unavoidable and IMF may be moving to be more actively involved in preventing the illegal use of cryptocurrency.
During the Davos World Economic Forum at the end of January, some worldwide leaders had the same mind about regulating cryptocurrencies, that includes U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May, French President Emmanuel Macron and the secretary of the U.S. Treasury Department Steven Mnuchin. Last week, senior officials from France and Germany called for the G20 group of nations to discuss cooperative action on cryptocurrencies ahead of a summit next month.
That only mean, a matter of time and they will be controlling/regulating cryptocurrency! Do you think it's bad?
I don't think it's bad! They want people and companies to pay taxes, a little less of income for us, but on other hand it will be more legal and have some protection system. Therefore you can sue, prove if you got duped and make a proof that whatever is taken from you (cryptoccurency), is yours not theirs! Well we just wait and see, what they up to )
Activity: 210

They are all the same,they want to regualate the use of cryptocurrencies because it is a big thread to the government's fiat system preventing is better than cure this is how they think.They are bunch of bullies who doesnt know anything about blockchain's technology they just want to protect their own motives,they are using this crypto thing for advertising their candidacy because election is coming.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI
I personally don't listen to these people. They stand at the head of a corrupt, unjust banking system and their task is to retain their power. They'll say anything to blacken crypto.
Activity: 308
Politicians are simply pursuing their goals and they have influence. If they benefit from crypto currency, they will praise it, but if the crypto currency is not profitable for them, then we hear news about inspections of crypto exchanges and about the dangers of crypto currencies.
Activity: 560
Merit: 502
Politicians have no profit to implement crypto in massive use and it's obvious. Numerous bans in Asia confirm it. But they won't be able to ban it totally and they'll have to accommodate our needs.
Activity: 156
Crypto currencies were not  created for the politician . It was created for people like us you and I . so why should I listen to those that do not have my interest at heart. They are only out for themselves.

I never pay attention what they say because they're continuously manipulating the markets by ciriticizing cryptos. They blame cryptos all the time.
Activity: 209
No I dont follow what politicians say about crypto currencies, because most of them don't have the good knowledge about such currencies, and they spread mostly fake news to discourage people using them. I follow only what says the most experts in this domain, which started trading and holding many years ago.
Activity: 45
It can go 2 ways.

The first is that yes, their words and actions matter  (looking at you - Donald Trump)

However, with a 24-hour news cycle, they are being asked to respond to a million things that would've never commanded their attention 10-15 years ago. 

So their responses can be shallow and/or gut-level because they just want to move on and deal with the items that they believe are important.  I'm assuming some have researched crypto-currency but not many beyond Bitcoin or the underlying technology for sure. 

Anyway,  my 2 doge.
Activity: 87
Merit: 2
I think politicians are a part of crypto ,they don't want to ban crypto
but I follow their posts because of daily spaculations.
Pages:
Jump to: