Pages:
Author

Topic: Do we really need to hold altcoins - page 12. (Read 2351 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
June 25, 2018, 02:47:05 PM
Someone told me it is better to hold btc rather than altcoins that she doesn't see any reason why people hold altcoin. She noticed altcoins rely heavily on btc that whenever btc fall they also fall with btc. What is your take on this?

Bitcoin is the greatest coin. Not only it is the first of its kind, high profitability, but it has most of people's support. So it is better to hold Bitcoin than any other coin. However, diversification is a must for a great investor. You must never place all your eggs in a single basket so that whatever happens you have backup. People will never force you to hold altcoins nor Bitcoin. It will be your decision. Regardless of what you hold, just be sure that you hold coin or token that will give you your desired gains.
Activity: 518
Merit: 3
June 25, 2018, 02:42:24 PM
Some altcoins are just exceptional, that no matter how btc falls, they may not fall alongside btc. They seems to be independent of the fall of btc. An example of such coin is MTC. There are some others that also behave the same way. I hold altcoins and i have benefitted from it.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 716
Nothing lasts forever
June 25, 2018, 02:40:01 PM
Well I wold say that don't believe what other people say. I would suggest you to do what you want and not to follow somebody else.
If you think Bitcoin is a better investment than any altcoins then invest in it and if you altcoins give out better returns than Bitcoin then you should definitely invest in altcoins. The crypto market is volatile , this results in various situations where BTC goes up and altcoins goes down and vice versa and sometimes both goes in same direction. So you should only in the coins you believe will give you better returns. My potential coins are BTC,  ETH and EOS.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!
June 25, 2018, 02:33:53 PM
Holding is only solution for me. I cant sell anything. Look at the prices. We are in loss situation already. Good luck to everyone.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
June 25, 2018, 02:30:38 PM
Yes you need to told your Altcoin, do you want to sell them on loss. Presently cryptocurrency market going Red. This is the time to buy not to sell.
Activity: 179
June 25, 2018, 02:27:30 PM
Someone told me it is better to hold btc rather than altcoins that she doesn't see any reason why people hold altcoin. She noticed altcoins rely heavily on btc that whenever btc fall they also fall with btc. What is your take on this?

This is one of the most secure investment to hold your funds into Bitcoin. So if you believe in that, you can always go for it. But also, for those who don't believe in Bitcoin you can diversifie your investments Smiley
Activity: 280
June 25, 2018, 02:16:57 PM
In my opinion it depends on the time that you want to hold them, bitcoin is good to hold for years and some of the altcoins are good to hold for half year and then sell.
Activity: 476
Merit: 256
June 25, 2018, 11:06:57 AM
I agree with the comments above because if we keep altcoin long-term, we will face a double hole. Most of altcoins are affected by bitcoin. If keep altcoin the decline would be greater than keeping bitcoin. So if we invest long - term , we should keep bitcoin
Activity: 457
Merit: 100
June 25, 2018, 10:53:11 AM

You should hold % in BTC from ur total portfolio for sure. Why ppl holding alts? Sometimes alts can give u more profit than BTC, but its very very risky.
Activity: 406
Merit: 105
June 25, 2018, 10:42:53 AM

It maybe much ideal to hold bitcoin for long term but there are also altcoins that are also good for long term investments like ethereum, litecoin and monero. The rest maybe promising at first but cannot survive for a long run. And altcoins are much cheaper than bitcoin just be extra careful on what altcoin you are buying to.
Activity: 115
Merit: 0
June 25, 2018, 10:38:34 AM
it depends on the coin you invested when the position has been gotten for why not sell it or the situation is otherwise better do not try to sell your coin loss
Activity: 512
BountyMarketCap
June 17, 2018, 08:04:58 PM
Yes,I'm also doing this.The current price is hopeless for crypto holders.So hold is better now.Not only Btc but also altcoins need to hold.
Activity: 575
June 17, 2018, 07:56:34 PM
Why do you think not to hold altcoin? According to information I learned, the altcoin began to be valuable. They are recovering while the bitcoins are slowly falling. The altcoin such as HIRE, ZCL, BRD, NEO and GAS are interested.
Activity: 350
June 17, 2018, 07:49:02 PM
Altcoins have far more potential for growth in a shorter time compared to BTC. Meaning, earning double or more of our investment in altcoins is more possible period than it is with BTC. BTC is a sure thing. But you will need some patience if you wanna earn a reasonable profit because of its high price. Choose your alts wisely and you won't be sorry.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
June 17, 2018, 07:41:53 PM
I do not agree with his opinion, because in fact, in the crypto market there are still some altcoins that have good growth and are not dependent on bitcoin.

so, i think hold bitcoin and hold some altcoin that is not dependent on bitcoin, like odem, ADA, and also INS is good choice.
Activity: 532
June 17, 2018, 07:33:10 PM
Holding bitcoin or any altcoins is not a must. Its up to you if you want to hold them. Some got lucky who buy altcoins in its lowest price and hold it for a year and got profited a lot. Engaging in crypto industry is really risky and unpredictable. But holding bitcoin is good. Bitcoin price goes up and down and on it if you know some trading techniques you will gain.
Activity: 91
★Adconity.com★
June 17, 2018, 07:31:10 PM

Probably, since bitcoin is the most used cryptocurrency it is the one we use to buy altcoins it is more likely to affect the price of altcoins but it doesn't mean that it is better holding btc than altcoins, e.g. there will be a high pump on a certain coin and bitcoin is stable for this reason you take advantage of holding an altcoin rather than bitcoin.
Activity: 619
June 17, 2018, 07:28:30 PM
probably 5-10 that are usable for a specific reason
I'd say it's even less than that.  Bitcoin itself barely gets used for anything that resembles real commerce.

ETH?  Never owned it, and I'm not sure what it's good for other than ICOs
LTC?   It's always been silver to bitcoin's gold, but does anyone really spend it?  Doubt it.
DOGE?  Nope.  Nobody spends it and very few places take it, and you can't earn it.

And there are a whole bunch of similar coins of varying popularity.  What they all have in common is that people buy and sell them for the sake of doing so, and they serve no economic purpose.

No, you don't need to hold altcoins unless you want to be one of the cool kids.
with Altcoin's ability to continue to grow rapidly when we hold it would be great for the future to be much better in the future. because for the future the coin can be affected by the current development of coins. such as supporting him holding a coin will be able to improve the development of existing coins.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
June 17, 2018, 07:28:17 PM
for myself I still hold the Altcoin that I have, I will hold it in time tang long enough because this year the development of crypto is very slow and not as stable, hoping to be back setabil in the coming year.
Activity: 952
Merit: 104
June 17, 2018, 07:24:22 PM

Holding bitcoin is true bright idea's to make earning in the future for long term hold of course people first choice to invest into bitcoin as number one strong digotal crypto currency , but most of the people holding both as investment because people believe both are profitable and both are useful for the crypto trade to earn profits.
Pages:
Jump to: