Pages:
Author

Topic: Do we really need to hold altcoins - page 13. (Read 2351 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
June 17, 2018, 07:21:51 PM
yes HOLD is the best choice for now, when you HOLD your crypto then you have patience, for patience is the key to success in the world of crypto, especially nowadays that almost all crypto experience a very low price decline.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
June 17, 2018, 07:20:44 PM
There are some altcoins are really profitable to hodl for long term not just only bitcoin but most altcoins are depending on bitcoin's price. Some of altcoins have good potential that's what people are hodling their coins but you have to be wise enough on how to manage your altcoins or else you will lose some of it.
Activity: 140
June 17, 2018, 07:19:18 PM
In my own opinion about this question, I think it is wise to hold altcoins despite the fact that altcoins rely mainly on Bitcoin, It should be held as well besides altcoins can add a huge value to your income and increase your profit whenever there is an increase or change in the price raise. In as much as the cryptocurrency is involved, one will always need to have altcoins to make the system keep running while there is a standstill or deep in Bitcoin.
Activity: 133
Merit: 10
June 17, 2018, 07:18:30 PM
in my opinion, the decision to hold bitcoin or altcoin depends on the project. especially altcoin, the development of a project of altcoin greatly affects the value of the altcoin of the project. so, traders typically choose altcoin with projects that have good development programs and solid cooperation.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
June 17, 2018, 07:13:57 PM
I think if you want to get a profit then you have to hold it and altcoin will definitely have a higher price again when bitcoin prices will also increase, so you should hold and be patient
It's more profitable to hold them both,bitcoins and altcoins because they will surely grow in time.I believe there are really some good potential altcoins out there,we just have to be more cautious in choosing which coin to invest so that we will not waste our time in holding shitcoins,just those real potential coins.
Activity: 473
Merit: 11
June 17, 2018, 07:12:33 PM
Someone told me it is better to hold btc rather than altcoins that she doesn't see any reason why people hold altcoin. She noticed altcoins rely heavily on btc that whenever btc fall they also fall with btc. What is your take on this?

Yes, that was the negative side to HOLD altcoin, but if we didn't HOLD any alts we still didn't get profit from any coin right ? That's why cryptocurrencies trading is high-risk investment. Just HOLD on altcoins that you think it has the potency to grow up, or just make a target on it.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
June 17, 2018, 07:12:11 PM
Yeah for sure, it is very good to hold some altcoins, the good altcoins, you also need to have some patience then when the price moons, you will be sure to be made already so always hold your good coins, don't sell too quick.
Activity: 420
Merit: 11
DISRUPTING THE $23.5 B SCIENCE PUBLISHING INDUSTRY
June 17, 2018, 07:05:16 PM
I think if you want to get a profit then you have to hold it and altcoin will definitely have a higher price again when bitcoin prices will also increase, so you should hold and be patient
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
June 17, 2018, 06:58:16 PM
I think that you need not only to keep your crypto-currencies, but even to buy a cave, while the market is in a drawdown. The growth potential in this sphere is huge! And remember, you need to buy when all the others are selling)
Activity: 574
Merit: 2
June 17, 2018, 06:54:53 PM
Someone told me it is better to hold btc rather than altcoins that she doesn't see any reason why people hold altcoin. She noticed altcoins rely heavily on btc that whenever btc fall they also fall with btc. What is your take on this?

I think it is better to hodl altcoins
And hodl our profits in fiat; this way we get to secure our profits

Hodling altcoin is best but you need to monitor the market closely so you can be aware when there’s a pump and you are available to pick your profit at the most crucial time
Merit: 100
June 17, 2018, 06:52:54 PM
I don't think all altcoins are suitable for holding. I bought some alts just because they were had a great hype potential and were acclaimed by Reddit users. When I buy something for holding, I truly believe in the project and want it to come true.
Activity: 97
June 17, 2018, 06:51:35 PM
I actually prefer holding alts to BTC. However, I track my portfolio in BTC value. The thing with alts is that during the rise of the market you will gain more than with just holding BTC so it's better..but the risk is that during the fall you also lose more than just holding BTC so it's riskier. I don't hold a lot of the top alts however I just trade them, because I feel their room of growth is a bit limited unless something extraordinary happens. I try to search for low marketcaps with potential of the most growth to hold. I'd say one has to set a certain part of portfolio for trading major alts, and another for holding low marketcap coins and a part in btc for opportunities.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
June 17, 2018, 06:51:00 PM
It's why majority are holding bitcoin and I don't also know what lies in the minds of altcoin holders.

They may look bitcoin as something expensive so instead of buying it, they would rather take the risk and start loving altcoin instead.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
June 17, 2018, 06:49:41 PM
I held some of my altcoins for about 9 months and some have barely moved. It's not just about holding them it's about monitoring the price and selling at the right time. Set yourself a limit and sell as soon as it reaches that threshold. If I'd sold everything in December I'd have 4x easily.

In the end I ended up doubling which is still good but greed kind of sucks like that!
Activity: 108
April 26, 2018, 08:14:40 AM
altcoins that we are holding for us to know if they are going to make it pump or dump. Holding altcoin.
Activity: 83
April 22, 2018, 08:35:15 AM
Yes we should hold altcoins and wait for its value to increase and many opportubities to come and then sell it or invest it. It will come back to you doubled or maybe more. Patience is the key
Activity: 2394
Merit: 454
April 22, 2018, 08:28:28 AM
I think only 2% of all altcoins grew up in the proportion altcoin/btc. I think you must hold some of them for get more profit than in bitcoin. In my portfolio one, two stable altcoins and bitcoins.

It depends on the situation of the altcoins that we are holding, that is why it is important if we are always going to be updated on every updates of the developers of the altcoins that we are holding for us to know if they are going to make it pump or dump. Holding altcoins is not that bad, but holding too long will lead you to some consequences like losing profits than earning some.

You have to be wise on how you are managing your altcoins, especially if the altcoins that we have does have a good project, meaning they are good to hold in the long run.
Activity: 536
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 22, 2018, 08:12:30 AM
Of course, all currencies depend on bitcoin, if it falls - everything will fall. Sometimes, of course, there is a currency that, on the contrary, imitates, but it is very difficult to guess.
For me it's always good to hold alt coins and bitcoin because it will help it rise its value. It's one way of helping bitcoin because it's rare, the lesser the number of bitcoin counts the more its price will rise. It's now your choice which altcoins to be hold or sell, no one knows what will be the future of alt coins even bitcoin. So it's all up to you wether to sell or hold or coins.
Merit: 6
April 22, 2018, 07:59:45 AM
Of course, all currencies depend on bitcoin, if it falls - everything will fall. Sometimes, of course, there is a currency that, on the contrary, imitates, but it is very difficult to guess.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 22, 2018, 07:55:28 AM
For late comers and to those who wants a cheaper investment Altcoin is the best choice but when it come to safety and easy to recover when in red days I'll go for those that are listed as top 15 on the coinmarketcap. Bitcoin is most likely be the choice most especially if crypto is just our only source of income just like me. I find Altcoins good because they are way cheaper than Bitcoin but we also accept the fact that some Altcoins are not accepted especially on our local exchangers. Here in my country Only Bitcoin and Ethereum are accepted or we are able to convert it to our fiat currency without hassle or even buy prepaid loads, pay bills and shop online.
Pages:
Jump to: